criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The Difference Between No Cards and $100 of Cards

2Next

Replies

• Ezio wrote: »
    revan225 wrote: »
    Someone linked something to reddit with a spreadsheet saying it would take 60 hours to unlock Vader... I lol'd so hard. Clearly didn't play the trial.

I have almost an hour of time left over I am reserving for more Custom Arcade, and spent easily over 3 hours on campaign, with an additional hour of Custom Arcade and 5 hours Multiplayer. Total of 9 hours played, and while Campaign and Arcade offer credits, you get next to nothing from them as the main way to level of multiplayer. In my 9 hours overall (5 multiplayer) I have a total of just over 30,000 credits. Take away 3,000 from rewards unlocked by just playing the game, that leaves 27,000 credits in just 5ish hours of play. Seems pretty fast to me. Now, Vader takes 60,000 credits. If I played another 5 hours of multiplayer, given the current credit gain that would drop me around 52,000 credits; this is where others have reported being at credit wise after playing 10 hours of just multiplayer. So in 10 hours of multiplayer you'r getting roughly 50,000, Vader should only take a total of no more than 15 hours to unlock (that is allowing leeway for various credit gains depending on circumstance).

Additionally, matches can span between 10-20 minutes (shorted to longest) from what I have experienced. So lets do some more math. At 10 minutes a match for 15 hours, would put it at 90 games an hour (much less than the afore mentioned 120+ games). Now realistically not every game will be 10 minutes or 20 minutes so we average for 15 minutes a match. in this time frame it comes to 60 matches in the 15 hour grind for 60k. So going by realistic play experience it is shown that whoever made the spreadsheet has not touched the game and has no idea what they are talking about. Probably just trying to spread more hate on the game.

Now, is 15 hours still a grind? Yes its 15 hours for 1 hero (note hero unlocking costs range from 20k for weaker heroes to 60k for the stronger ones) is one long grind, and you wont be buying loot crates in that period with your credits. Though that's not such a big deal, because even when playing without star cards, as long as you have some measure of skill you wont be noticing much of a difference. Additionally, as you play you get the daily crate, and rewards offering weapons, credits, crafting parts, and so on. I haven't bought a single loot crate but was able to make cards for my troopers just from the parts gotten.

As for the p2w qqing going on, its more of pay for an edge. As someone who purchased the Deluxe I have some epic cards I can equip, but behind those everything is locked behind player progression. You can't even upgrade basic cards until level 10. Additionally, even without upgrading, as stated by many the cards themselves don't seem to offer a large impact. I would say the only noticeable card is the extended shield for the Heavy class, and even that gets blasted through fast in a firefight.

Point I am trying to make is this: Is the game perfect? No. Is it fun? **** yes. Can it be improved? Sure. Is it as bad as everyone is saying with p2w and terribly grindy and so on? Not so much. Perhaps people should stop acting like **** and I don't know... try and think and experience things themselves before parroting nonsense spread by those trying to make money off of YouTube by spreading fear mongering or those just wanting to hurt the games sales.

Out of curiosity, did you take into account credits that you may have gained through challenges or methods other than direct MP gameplay? The spreadsheet post only takes that into consideration, since Arcade, campaign, and challenge credits are finite (aside from the daily/weekly challenges which sound like they hardly contribute enough to be worth mentioning).

Yes, you may have gotten a lot of credits fast, but is that rate sustainable? That's what the post was getting at; what will the game be like after people have finished most of the things within a few weeks.

Also, if you'd bothered to actually read the post, the OP described how the data was obtained by direct statistical analysis from his own gameplay, so the assertion that he "never even touched the game" is basically unfounded slander on your part.

This isn't nearly as mathematical as the guy who did it would have you believe. He's ignoring sources of income, without actually knowing how finale those rewards are. We know how many challenges are available at launch, and that they will be adding more in the future, though we can only guess at the value of rewards, or the rate at which they will add challenges.

He also used only one match type, and less than thirty games as a sample size. If he had really wanted to do a deep statistical evaluation he needed to get other players to record their games, and earnings. He needed to evaluate the potential earning rates from one game type to another. He needed to calculate the value with and without challenges, and needed to note the credit anomalies that have been widely reported.

This isn't to say there is no value in the information, but it is highly skewed, from either a conscious or unconscious bias.
    Someone linked something to reddit with a spreadsheet saying it would take 60 hours to unlock Vader... I lol'd so hard. Clearly didn't play the trial.

I have almost an hour of time left over I am reserving for more Custom Arcade, and spent easily over 3 hours on campaign, with an additional hour of Custom Arcade and 5 hours Multiplayer. Total of 9 hours played, and while Campaign and Arcade offer credits, you get next to nothing from them as the main way to level of multiplayer. In my 9 hours overall (5 multiplayer) I have a total of just over 30,000 credits. Take away 3,000 from rewards unlocked by just playing the game, that leaves 27,000 credits in just 5ish hours of play. Seems pretty fast to me. Now, Vader takes 60,000 credits. If I played another 5 hours of multiplayer, given the current credit gain that would drop me around 52,000 credits; this is where others have reported being at credit wise after playing 10 hours of just multiplayer. So in 10 hours of multiplayer you'r getting roughly 50,000, Vader should only take a total of no more than 15 hours to unlock (that is allowing leeway for various credit gains depending on circumstance).

Additionally, matches can span between 10-20 minutes (shorted to longest) from what I have experienced. So lets do some more math. At 10 minutes a match for 15 hours, would put it at 90 games an hour (much less than the afore mentioned 120+ games). Now realistically not every game will be 10 minutes or 20 minutes so we average for 15 minutes a match. in this time frame it comes to 60 matches in the 15 hour grind for 60k. So going by realistic play experience it is shown that whoever made the spreadsheet has not touched the game and has no idea what they are talking about. Probably just trying to spread more hate on the game.

Now, is 15 hours still a grind? Yes its 15 hours for 1 hero (note hero unlocking costs range from 20k for weaker heroes to 60k for the stronger ones) is one long grind, and you wont be buying loot crates in that period with your credits. Though that's not such a big deal, because even when playing without star cards, as long as you have some measure of skill you wont be noticing much of a difference. Additionally, as you play you get the daily crate, and rewards offering weapons, credits, crafting parts, and so on. I haven't bought a single loot crate but was able to make cards for my troopers just from the parts gotten.

As for the p2w qqing going on, its more of pay for an edge. As someone who purchased the Deluxe I have some epic cards I can equip, but behind those everything is locked behind player progression. You can't even upgrade basic cards until level 10. Additionally, even without upgrading, as stated by many the cards themselves don't seem to offer a large impact. I would say the only noticeable card is the extended shield for the Heavy class, and even that gets blasted through fast in a firefight.

Point I am trying to make is this: Is the game perfect? No. Is it fun? **** yes. Can it be improved? Sure. Is it as bad as everyone is saying with p2w and terribly grindy and so on? Not so much. Perhaps people should stop acting like **** and I don't know... try and think and experience things themselves before parroting nonsense spread by those trying to make money off of YouTube by spreading fear mongering or those just wanting to hurt the games sales.

Out of curiosity, did you take into account credits that you may have gained through challenges or methods other than direct MP gameplay? The spreadsheet post only takes that into consideration, since Arcade, campaign, and challenge credits are finite (aside from the daily/weekly challenges which sound like they hardly contribute enough to be worth mentioning).

Yes, you may have gotten a lot of credits fast, but is that rate sustainable? That's what the post was getting at; what will the game be like after people have finished most of the things within a few weeks.

Also, if you'd bothered to actually read the post, the OP described how the data was obtained by direct statistical analysis from his own gameplay, so the assertion that he "never even touched the game" is basically unfounded slander on your part.

This isn't nearly as mathematical as the guy who did it would have you believe. He's ignoring sources of income, without actually knowing how finale those rewards are. We know how many challenges are available at launch, and that they will be adding more in the future, though we can only guess at the value of rewards, or the rate at which they will add challenges.

He also used only one match type, and less than thirty games as a sample size. If he had really wanted to do a deep statistical evaluation he needed to get other players to record their games, and earnings. He needed to evaluate the potential earning rates from one game type to another. He needed to calculate the value with and without challenges, and needed to note the credit anomalies that have been widely reported.

This isn't to say there is no value in the information, but it is highly skewed, from either a conscious or unconscious bias.

Oh, I agree with you completely on it being skewed. It's still more mathematically sound than the math given by the person I responded to, though.

I also still agree with his choice to leave out challenges for the time being. This is all completely speculation, but the best information we have is the current system in place that looks to be a very finite source of income. But who knows? Perhaps just by bringing this to light might convince EA/DICE that more/better rewarded challenges need to be in the game, which would definitely at least help.

I still personally think that they should include something akin to accomplishments from the old game. Things you can earn indefinitely for fighting or playing the objective well that reward small amounts of credits. That would be the best solution I can see.
  • After playing hours of the trial I can say this when it comes to the trooper to trooper gameplay it is not so bad. If I used all tier 1 cards and was fine against people and their pre order epics. Where i feel it really start to hit home is the heroes. Man a rey with stacked cards is really not fair. And looking at vader and lukes star cards there is big gap there. They can literally get health on kill, increase deflect time (luke) or make their dmg resistance super high (vader) with various cards that synergize this. Its really not fair.

This is all pretty valid tbh and I wouldn’t be mad about hero card nerfs.

Ok you see that's the thing bub, When people pay REAL MONEY for ****, then you take away that ****, that's called ILLEGAL.

I'm going to play it, then if it is p2w, which from everything I've heard and see it is 99%. Then I'll simply get it refunded.
    Based on YongYeas video

not much has changed since beta and they outright LIED about repeat items being turned into crafting materials.
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    The difference between post here and post that are currently on Reddit are amazingly opposite. I used to think the forums were more reasonable with more reasonable members that offer valid criticism and debate but reddit seems to be the best place for reasonable criticism currently.

It’s since the new influx of members post-beta. I posted this as my thoughts to the regular readers more than anything, I just forgot all the new crylords were here.

When do the forums close for all the "i cancelled my pre-order" people?

Hopefully they close at same time for all the trolls telling others to “git gud” because they don’t like credit caps for matches and have legitimate concerns

Some people legitimately need to simply GIT GUD though M9

You contribute literally nothing to these conversations. Please just log off and go away.
    Ezio wrote: »

Oh, I agree with you completely on it being skewed. It's still more mathematically sound than the math given by the person I responded to, though.

I also still agree with his choice to leave out challenges for the time being. This is all completely speculation, but the best information we have is the current system in place that looks to be a very finite source of income. But who knows? Perhaps just by bringing this to light might convince EA/DICE that more/better rewarded challenges need to be in the game, which would definitely at least help.

I still personally think that they should include something akin to accomplishments from the old game. Things you can earn indefinitely for fighting or playing the objective well that reward small amounts of credits. That would be the best solution I can see.

I would also like to see the three rotating challenges we had last game make a return, even if they are as simple as last years and are mostly kill x with y gun. I would prefer if they were more objective based than kill bas d though. That way you always have a challenge or two to work for.

As for leaving out the challenge, the big sticking point I have with that are the reports of unknown sourced credits. Had he recorded his per game earnings, his challenge earnings and his total earnings separately we would have so much more information. Also I wish he had the forethought to get a group of players to track all their numbers as well, the bigger the group the better.

I can't hold any of that against the guy though, I didn't do it either. It's way easier to sit here with hindsight and say what he should have done, than to come up with the idea and execute it in the moment.

My impressions so far from the trial is the earnings are on the low end of where they should be, but like like I've seen others mention, I seem to have earned more credits than the game was reporting. I have no idea where these phantom credits come from, or even if they are there for sure.
  • UNLIMITED_P0WER
    3555 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    mastery0ta wrote: »
    The difference between post here and post that are currently on Reddit are amazingly opposite. I used to think the forums were more reasonable with more reasonable members that offer valid criticism and debate but reddit seems to be the best place for reasonable criticism currently.

It’s since the new influx of members post-beta. I posted this as my thoughts to the regular readers more than anything, I just forgot all the new crylords were here.

When do the forums close for all the "i cancelled my pre-order" people?

Hopefully they close at same time for all the trolls telling others to “git gud” because they don’t like credit caps for matches and have legitimate concerns

Some people legitimately need to simply GIT GUD though M9

You contribute literally nothing to these conversations. Please just log off and go away.

You've literally never read any of my posts king_craptus, take a chill pill keyboard warrior princess
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • ZeroAffex wrote: »
    You guys can call it pay to win all you want but facts are facts.

Nothing in crates you can't earn just by playing. Good chunk of the cards are hardly what Id consider impactful. Even the ones that are have some serious drawbacks. I didnt even think to craft cards on my assault (Wasnt paying attention) and I was still consistently in the top 3.

Skills beats bills

Still.. if someone buys loot boxes, they get an immediate advantage over you in PvP. That is technically P2W, sorry but it is. I can grind on my F2P mobile game and not buy loo boxes either, I can earn those just by logging in daily and playing the game. Does that mean my F2P/P2W mobile game is no longer that? P2W? This game is also incredibly grindy, which follows the same F2P/P2W concept. Bottom line, what you and others are defending is a slippery slop that bothers many other gamers.

Again, the game is really good and people don't want to speak badly of it for that. Can't blame them. It is just the way they (EA Dice) are handling loot boxes for a fully priced game is damaging to the community and the game itself. Another for instance; you can go buy boxes and get blue and green star cards that you can immediately equip well before most can level to craft them. This definitely isn't a fair, level playing field that EA Dice claims to have created. It only benefits those who paid using real money.

What grind exactly? You get credits for challenges and by ranking up. Even the most expensive characters at 60k credits is going to take less than a week. I played for not even 3 hours and had close to 10k. Hell at that rate Ill have Vader by thursday if I really want him.