criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Unlock all heroes or this will drive people who are busy with rl away

Prev1
TheStalker88
6084 posts Member
edited November 2017
Alot of people have work and other activities during the day and would like to accelerate their progress to catch up to the grinders. With crystals they can achieve that goal but not with the 250K credit barrier to unlock stock heroes. Remove the cost requirement to unlock heroes ans just refund everyone who bought them with their credits. If I'm unaware of some method to quickly earn credits and unlock heroes let me know.

Replies

  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7339 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I agree with that or at least give far more credits per game. 300 games for Darth Vader is far too long. I'll probably miss the full experience of the entire game, because I've not the time to unlock all heroes and paying money in order to play a hero during the limited time might be a waste of money/time.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

  • I don't have a problem with it. People who don't play the game much can already keep up with no-life players like me in terms of Star Cards and weapons through crates. If the game has no progression appeal for people who play it frequently, that'll do more to drive down daily active users than locking 6 of the 14 base heroes behind a grind.

    You've already got Darth Maul, Boba Fett, Bossk, Kylo Ren, Han Solo, Rey, Yoda, and Lando. If you want Luke Skywalker, Chewbacca, Leia, Darth Vader, the Emperor, or Iden Versio, play the game more, unlock a hero, and everyone can recognize you as an active player and focus fire you down immediately.
    giphy.gif
  • Talyn856 wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with it. People who don't play the game much can already keep up with no-life players like me in terms of Star Cards and weapons through crates. If the game has no progression appeal for people who play it frequently, that'll do more to drive down daily active users than locking 6 of the 14 base heroes behind a grind.

    You've already got Darth Maul, Boba Fett, Bossk, Kylo Ren, Han Solo, Rey, Yoda, and Lando. If you want Luke Skywalker, Chewbacca, Leia, Darth Vader, the Emperor, or Iden Versio, play the game more, unlock a hero, and everyone can recognize you as an active player and focus fire you down immediately.

    What if Darth Vader is your favorite hero and you are looking forward to play him, but you have to wait and can't unlock other stuff while you save credits.
    With your logic I should start saving credits right after launch, in case my favorite heroes will appear in a later season.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

  • People shouldn't get less heroes than in the previous game, just because they don't have enough time to play.
  • Dash
    11479 posts Member
    People shouldn't get less heroes than in the previous game, just because they don't have enough time to play.

    People shouldn't invest in things they don't have time for either. Is it ok for me to use your own logic against you too? Stop whining, play the game when you can, and earn the unlocks.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7339 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    People shouldn't get less heroes than in the previous game, just because they don't have enough time to play.

    People shouldn't invest in things they don't have time for either.

    Even EA wouldn't say this. It's a company.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

  • Dash
    11479 posts Member
    People shouldn't get less heroes than in the previous game, just because they don't have enough time to play.

    People shouldn't invest in things they don't have time for either.

    Even EA wouldn't say this. It's a company.

    It's a good thing i'm not a company CEO then right? Just a guy using someone else's ridiculous logic against them. Read it in the context it's used, I don't think that way, i'm showing him his own way of thinking is ludicrous.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • This game should be for everyone. It's anti consumer to force people to waste hours and days collecting credits when they dont have the time to do so. Here's a breakdown of how long it takes to make 4000 and 60K credits:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7c6bjm/it_takes_40_hours_to_unlock_a_hero_spreadsheet/
  • Dash
    11479 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    This game should be for everyone. It's anti consumer to force people to waste hours and days collecting credits when they dont have the time to do so. Here's a breakdown of how long it takes to make 4000 and 60K credits:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7c6bjm/it_takes_40_hours_to_unlock_a_hero_spreadsheet/

    You must not be familiar with us here on the forums then. The game isn't anti consumer, you're just anti ability to think for yourself. A few youtube videos, and a ton of misinformed people and it took me 1 giant post to showcase how it was all wrong and no one understood the system fully yet. If YOU have time to listen here's an actual breakdown with the truth.

    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/80577/i-want-to-help-you-all-on-launch-day-strategy-pro-tips-guide#latest (WHICH HAS BEEN ON THE FRONT PAGE FOR HOURS). And what do you know, someone who actually played From Alpha, Beta, and 10 hour trial, with Actual experience wrote it. What do you know that person was ME.

    Edit for clarification: All these "Facts" you sheep keep linking are nothing if you all keep leaving out every factor, and every way to earn without purchasing. So stop going with the bandwagon ****, and actually learn the system before spouting off more **** bandwagon nonsense. Not to mention hero Prices will drop soon anyways.
    Post edited by Dash on
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • I actually like it, DLC heroes should be locked too.
  • Good news! Prices for heroes have gone down! Luke is now only 10K.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Good news! Prices for heroes have gone down! Luke is now only 10K.

    Thats really great! Yay!
  • mastery0ta
    5760 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Good news! Prices for heroes have gone down! Luke is now only 10K.

    Score. They do listen.
    Post edited by EA_DarDar on
  • Good news! Prices for heroes have gone down! Luke is now only 10K.

    Good because he sucks in the game anyway. They stay disrespecting Luke
  • This game should be for everyone. It's anti consumer to force people to waste hours and days collecting credits when they dont have the time to do so. Here's a breakdown of how long it takes to make 4000 and 60K credits:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7c6bjm/it_takes_40_hours_to_unlock_a_hero_spreadsheet/

    You must not be familiar with us here on the forums then. The game isn't anti consumer, you're just anti ability to think for yourself. A few youtube videos, and a ton of misinformed people and it took me 1 giant post to showcase how it was all wrong and no one understood the system fully yet. If YOU have time to listen here's an actual breakdown with the truth.

    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/80577/i-want-to-help-you-all-on-launch-day-strategy-pro-tips-guide#latest (WHICH HAS BEEN ON THE FRONT PAGE FOR HOURS). And what do you know, someone who actually played From Alpha, Beta, and 10 hour trial, with Actual experience wrote it. What do you know that person was ME.

    Edit for clarification: All these "Facts" you sheep keep linking are nothing if you all keep leaving out every factor, and every way to earn without purchasing. So stop going with the bandwagon ****, and actually learn the system before spouting off more **** bandwagon nonsense.

    Look dude, I actually took the time to read what you wrote, and I appreciate the advice as to how to proceed come launch. In the beginning, I think it'll help. In the long term however, we're still dealing with a big problem.

    Your advice essentially boils down to doing Challenges. The problem is this: others have done the math and seen that all the credits gained from Challenges add up to 50k. In order to unlock all the Heroes that will be at launch, you need to spend 260,000 credits. Guess what you need to do to get the other 210k? You guessed it, grind for dozens of hours. And during that grind, you wouldn't be able to spend any credits on crates to get additional Star Cards and whatnot, effectively grinding progression to a halt. So while your methods will provide a short term boost, in the long run we'll still end up grinding for absurd amounts of time if prices stay as they are, especially when new heroes come out. Sure, there will be weekly challenges and season events, but as we haven't seen those in practice yet I'm skeptical how much those will help.

    Your seem to suggest in your post that I should focus on one Hero, but I don't want to do that. There are plenty of characters that are probably going to be added that I want to play. Vader's my first priority to unlock, but he's far from the only one. When Grievous comes out, I really want to get my hands on him. I also really want to play as Obi-Wan in multiplayer. Same goes for Anakin, Dooku, Ahsoka, Ventress, and Thrawn when/if they show up. If credit prices stay as they are now, I'll be lucky if I ever get the chance to play as a third of those characters. How is that fair?

    I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you here. Credit prices for Heroes need to be reduced; otherwise the situation seems pretty dire.
  • So heroes are locked behind massive walls of credits?

    Ok..... But wasn't the argument for cross era heroes that people should be able to play with their fave hero?

    How the HECK am I gonna play with Ric Flair against Yoda????

  • Dash
    11479 posts Member
    This game should be for everyone. It's anti consumer to force people to waste hours and days collecting credits when they dont have the time to do so. Here's a breakdown of how long it takes to make 4000 and 60K credits:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7c6bjm/it_takes_40_hours_to_unlock_a_hero_spreadsheet/

    You must not be familiar with us here on the forums then. The game isn't anti consumer, you're just anti ability to think for yourself. A few youtube videos, and a ton of misinformed people and it took me 1 giant post to showcase how it was all wrong and no one understood the system fully yet. If YOU have time to listen here's an actual breakdown with the truth.

    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/80577/i-want-to-help-you-all-on-launch-day-strategy-pro-tips-guide#latest (WHICH HAS BEEN ON THE FRONT PAGE FOR HOURS). And what do you know, someone who actually played From Alpha, Beta, and 10 hour trial, with Actual experience wrote it. What do you know that person was ME.

    Edit for clarification: All these "Facts" you sheep keep linking are nothing if you all keep leaving out every factor, and every way to earn without purchasing. So stop going with the bandwagon ****, and actually learn the system before spouting off more **** bandwagon nonsense.

    Look dude, I actually took the time to read what you wrote, and I appreciate the advice as to how to proceed come launch. In the beginning, I think it'll help. In the long term however, we're still dealing with a big problem.

    Your advice essentially boils down to doing Challenges. The problem is this: others have done the math and seen that all the credits gained from Challenges add up to 50k. In order to unlock all the Heroes that will be at launch, you need to spend 260,000 credits. Guess what you need to do to get the other 210k? You guessed it, grind for dozens of hours. And during that grind, you wouldn't be able to spend any credits on crates to get additional Star Cards and whatnot, effectively grinding progression to a halt. So while your methods will provide a short term boost, in the long run we'll still end up grinding for absurd amounts of time if prices stay as they are, especially when new heroes come out. Sure, there will be weekly challenges and season events, but as we haven't seen those in practice yet I'm skeptical how much those will help.

    Your seem to suggest in your post that I should focus on one Hero, but I don't want to do that. There are plenty of characters that are probably going to be added that I want to play. Vader's my first priority to unlock, but he's far from the only one. When Grievous comes out, I really want to get my hands on him. I also really want to play as Obi-Wan in multiplayer. Same goes for Anakin, Dooku, Ahsoka, Ventress, and Thrawn when/if they show up. If credit prices stay as they are now, I'll be lucky if I ever get the chance to play as a third of those characters. How is that fair?

    I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you here. Credit prices for Heroes need to be reduced; otherwise the situation seems pretty dire.

    I stated very clearly to focus on your own interests and push that pursuit. My guide was to setup your MP experience in the best way possible. So with that said, enjoy the launch.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

    "When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif





  • Whoooo!!!
  • Good news! Prices for heroes have gone down! Luke is now only 10K.

    I didn't see this before I posted my reply. Page refreshes and all that.

    THANK FREAKING ASHLA!!!!
  • Good news! Prices for heroes have gone down! Luke is now only 10K.

    This video is from Nov 6 before ea access started so it doesn't mean they're lower, just that they were lower to people who had access to the game before.
  • So heroes are locked behind massive walls of credits?

    Ok..... But wasn't the argument for cross era heroes that people should be able to play with their fave hero?

    How the HECK am I gonna play with Ric Flair against Yoda????

    Soon©
  • Thudoo wrote: »
    Good news! Prices for heroes have gone down! Luke is now only 10K.

    This video is from Nov 6 before ea access started so it doesn't mean they're lower, just that they were lower to people who had access to the game before.

    Fair point. All we really can do now is wait and see.

    If it turns out the prices do happen to stay at 60K, then there's going to be some problems. This SWHQ video is included in the Tips and Tricks section of the official Battlefront 2 website. If it's giving false information, well... that can't be good.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • This game offers so much more than just heroes that it'd take a lot to drive people away. Heroes are just a bonus addition. The only thing that offers more is to #GITGUD
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • Thudoo wrote: »
    Good news! Prices for heroes have gone down! Luke is now only 10K.

    This video is from Nov 6 before ea access started so it doesn't mean they're lower, just that they were lower to people who had access to the game before.

    I hope EA realizes that if they nerf Vader, they aren't just nerfing the Dark Lord of.the Sith. They are nerfing a 60K investment.
  • Thudoo wrote: »
    Good news! Prices for heroes have gone down! Luke is now only 10K.

    This video is from Nov 6 before ea access started so it doesn't mean they're lower, just that they were lower to people who had access to the game before.

    Aaaaand I'm back to being mad again.

    Also, this is relevant:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7cbi05/you_are_actually_helping_by_making_a_big_fuss/
  • Talyn856 wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with it. People who don't play the game much can already keep up with no-life players like me in terms of Star Cards and weapons through crates. If the game has no progression appeal for people who play it frequently, that'll do more to drive down daily active users than locking 6 of the 14 base heroes behind a grind.

    You've already got Darth Maul, Boba Fett, Bossk, Kylo Ren, Han Solo, Rey, Yoda, and Lando. If you want Luke Skywalker, Chewbacca, Leia, Darth Vader, the Emperor, or Iden Versio, play the game more, unlock a hero, and everyone can recognize you as an active player and focus fire you down immediately.

    What if Darth Vader is your favorite hero and you are looking forward to play him, but you have to wait and can't unlock other stuff while you save credits.
    With your logic I should start saving credits right after launch, in case my favorite heroes will appear in a later season.

    Darth Vader is my favorite hero, and I am looking forward to playing him. Having to wait and being unable to unlock other stuff while I save credits is fine. It's called a choice. You can buy crates and try and get more Star Cards, or you can unlock more heroes than the minimum.

    With my logic, you should play the game the way you want. If that means saving credits for heroes, go for it.
    giphy.gif
  • Talyn856
    756 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Good news! Prices for heroes have gone down! Luke is now only 10K.


    Nope.BZiH8Fo.jpg

    giphy.gif
  • When the game comes out people say its going to go down i don't know about that i really enjoyed playing as luke and the other hero's in the other game...............
    giphy.gif


  • gzcnr
    290 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I am not against micro transactions. They dropped season pass, of course they have to find a way to make money for extra content. Yes they can sale new heroes, weapons and vehicles and I buy some of the maybe. But base content? Why Boosk is unlocked but not Vader? Because they now people will buy loot crates for star cards and save ingame credits for Vader.

    I like Dice and EA, I spent hundreds of dollars for their games. I have all Battlefields since BF2. I have BF3, BF4, BF1 all with premium pass. I bought Battlefront 2015 and season pass day one. I am not a hater. I am a fan. But I have never seen such an aggressive money grab attempt before. 200 hours of grinding for main characters is insane. I can’t play a game 200-400 hours. I have a job, I have a wife. There are other games I want to play, movies I want to watch and books I want to read. I am not autistic I can’t play a game 200 hours to unlock base content.

    Dear EA, you are alienating me. You are alienating a loyal customer of 15 years.

    Now either remove this loot crate and credit paywall non-sense and bring back season pass or unlock base content and give me a way to buy new content directly with my money without bothering loot crates. Or for the first time in 15 years I will pass one of DICE’s games. I am very very angry because you made an amazing game and now you are ruining it.
  • DarthJ
    6056 posts Member
    I agree with that or at least give far more credits per game. 300 games for Darth Vader is far too long. I'll probably miss the full experience of the entire game, because I've not the time to unlock all heroes and paying money in order to play a hero during the limited time might be a waste of money/time.

    This is the most logical and easiest route to implement. No credit refunds needed then. Good idea
    PSN: ibrajoker59
  • Only Vader and Luke need to be lowered in price, the rest are fine
    "DEW IT."
    p1jlhhgtai3b.png
    "I am the Senate."
  • By the way in that video the creator now posted in the comments that the prices in it are out of date.
  • The heroes that are already unlocked are really the ones I want to play with right at first except Luke and Vader so I don't even have a problem with all these locked heroes.
    SFA Reinforcement Ideas - https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98321/starfighter-assault-reinforcement-ideas#latest

    Specialist Scout Pistol Addition - https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/90785/flash-pistol-scout-pistol-needs-to-be-on-specialist-please/p1

    "Lean upon pain like a crutch and you create anger and a dark fear of truth. Pain guides, but it does not support" Obi-Wan Kenobi

    3i4nza8m24rn.gif
  • The heroes that are already unlocked are really the ones I want to play with right at first except Luke and Vader so I don't even have a problem with all these locked heroes.

    Word
  • Ion
    30 posts Member
    To be honest, i always liked the Emporer aswel do i might get him before Luke, but... yeah Vader first.
  • I have hardly any time to game these days but if Dice wants to leave the game as is I'm ok with that.
    The DLC heroes will also need to be unlocked so I'll have to make a decision who I'm going for first.........probably Luke.
  • i dont really care about them being locked considering ill own the game and not have limited time to play. if u dont have much time to play ghe game then that sux. i wouldnt look forward to a game or even play games if i didnt have much time to play, other things are clearly more important
  • Thudoo wrote: »
    Good news! Prices for heroes have gone down! Luke is now only 10K.

    This video is from Nov 6 before ea access started so it doesn't mean they're lower, just that they were lower to people who had access to the game before.

    Aaaaand I'm back to being mad again.

    Also, this is relevant:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7cbi05/you_are_actually_helping_by_making_a_big_fuss/

    I agree with that article. Prices are here to stay.
  • Talyn856 wrote: »
    Good news! Prices for heroes have gone down! Luke is now only 10K.


    Nope.BZiH8Fo.jpg

    Price cut was only for reviwers
  • kylenpain wrote: »
    i dont really care about them being locked considering ill own the game and not have limited time to play. if u dont have much time to play ghe game then that sux. i wouldnt look forward to a game or even play games if i didnt have much time to play, other things are clearly more important


    so you are fine playing 40 hours to unlock just 1 of the heroes?
    1300 hours to unlock all star cards for all 4 classes?
    And with every DLC you have to play another 40 hours to unlock THOSE heroes and even more for their starcards or new ones they will add.

    Wow. you don't mind that at all?

    i do mind that. fk that.
  • bfloo
    14086 posts Member
    Whoooo!!!

    You beat me to it :'(
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Ion wrote: »
    To be honest, i always liked the Emporer aswel do i might get him before Luke, but... yeah Vader first.

    Same, although there was a thread earlier saying he's underpowered. Haven't unlocked him so I don't know.
    giphy.gif
  • Starcatraz wrote: »
    kylenpain wrote: »
    i dont really care about them being locked considering ill own the game and not have limited time to play. if u dont have much time to play ghe game then that sux. i wouldnt look forward to a game or even play games if i didnt have much time to play, other things are clearly more important


    so you are fine playing 40 hours to unlock just 1 of the heroes?
    1300 hours to unlock all star cards for all 4 classes?
    And with every DLC you have to play another 40 hours to unlock THOSE heroes and even more for their starcards or new ones they will add.

    Wow. you don't mind that at all?

    i do mind that. fk that.

    Average 15 hours with campaign, arcade, challenges

    You people carrying on like you only have 24 hours to play the game before it self implodes and you'll never get to play it again.

    I mean I've already seen a Vader in trials

    Do you guys not intend to play the game at all?

    Community "We want progression! We want something to grind for!"

    Dice "if you say so"

    Community "wahhhhhhh! Why can't I unlocked everything after only playing for an hour? I want it all now!"

    Dice "didn't you guys say you wanted something to work towards rather then quickly unlocking everything and being bored because of nothing to strive for?"

    Community "pay 2 win!!!" *autistic screaching*

    Dice is damned if they do damned is they don't.

    Can't wait to see threads at Christmas complaining how people have unlocked everything and have nothing to works towards

    RNGesus

  • Omg a game you have to play more to unlock stuff? How is that gonna work in this instant grat world of ours?
  • Crabman wrote: »
    Starcatraz wrote: »
    kylenpain wrote: »
    i dont really care about them being locked considering ill own the game and not have limited time to play. if u dont have much time to play ghe game then that sux. i wouldnt look forward to a game or even play games if i didnt have much time to play, other things are clearly more important


    so you are fine playing 40 hours to unlock just 1 of the heroes?
    1300 hours to unlock all star cards for all 4 classes?
    And with every DLC you have to play another 40 hours to unlock THOSE heroes and even more for their starcards or new ones they will add.

    Wow. you don't mind that at all?

    i do mind that. fk that.

    Average 15 hours with campaign, arcade, challenges

    You people carrying on like you only have 24 hours to play the game before it self implodes and you'll never get to play it again.

    I mean I've already seen a Vader in trials

    Do you guys not intend to play the game at all?

    Community "We want progression! We want something to grind for!"

    Dice "if you say so"

    Community "wahhhhhhh! Why can't I unlocked everything after only playing for an hour? I want it all now!"

    Dice "didn't you guys say you wanted something to work towards rather then quickly unlocking everything and being bored because of nothing to strive for?"

    Community "pay 2 win!!!" *autistic screaching*

    Dice is damned if they do damned is they don't.

    Can't wait to see threads at Christmas complaining how people have unlocked everything and have nothing to works towards

    RNGesus

    Spending the past months here until this game came out I would have to say this is accurate lol.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Crabman wrote: »
    Starcatraz wrote: »
    kylenpain wrote: »
    i dont really care about them being locked considering ill own the game and not have limited time to play. if u dont have much time to play ghe game then that sux. i wouldnt look forward to a game or even play games if i didnt have much time to play, other things are clearly more important


    so you are fine playing 40 hours to unlock just 1 of the heroes?
    1300 hours to unlock all star cards for all 4 classes?
    And with every DLC you have to play another 40 hours to unlock THOSE heroes and even more for their starcards or new ones they will add.

    Wow. you don't mind that at all?

    i do mind that. fk that.

    Average 15 hours with campaign, arcade, challenges

    You people carrying on like you only have 24 hours to play the game before it self implodes and you'll never get to play it again.

    I mean I've already seen a Vader in trials

    Do you guys not intend to play the game at all?

    Community "We want progression! We want something to grind for!"

    Dice "if you say so"

    Community "wahhhhhhh! Why can't I unlocked everything after only playing for an hour? I want it all now!"

    Dice "didn't you guys say you wanted something to work towards rather then quickly unlocking everything and being bored because of nothing to strive for?"

    Community "pay 2 win!!!" *autistic screaching*

    Dice is damned if they do damned is they don't.

    Can't wait to see threads at Christmas complaining how people have unlocked everything and have nothing to works towards

    RNGesus

    Spending the past months here until this game came out I would have to say this is accurate lol.

    That is so accurate, wow lol.
    SFA Reinforcement Ideas - https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98321/starfighter-assault-reinforcement-ideas#latest

    Specialist Scout Pistol Addition - https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/90785/flash-pistol-scout-pistol-needs-to-be-on-specialist-please/p1

    "Lean upon pain like a crutch and you create anger and a dark fear of truth. Pain guides, but it does not support" Obi-Wan Kenobi

    3i4nza8m24rn.gif
  • People shouldn't get less heroes than in the previous game, just because they don't have enough time to play.

    People shouldn't invest in things they don't have time for either. Is it ok for me to use your own logic against you too? Stop whining, play the game when you can, and earn the unlocks.

    I'm not sure if you are aware of how long it will take to unlock each of the heroes....
    giphy.gif
  • Talyn856 wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with it. People who don't play the game much can already keep up with no-life players like me in terms of Star Cards and weapons through crates. If the game has no progression appeal for people who play it frequently, that'll do more to drive down daily active users than locking 6 of the 14 base heroes behind a grind.

    You've already got Darth Maul, Boba Fett, Bossk, Kylo Ren, Han Solo, Rey, Yoda, and Lando. If you want Luke Skywalker, Chewbacca, Leia, Darth Vader, the Emperor, or Iden Versio, play the game more, unlock a hero, and everyone can recognize you as an active player and focus fire you down immediately.

    I think you're missing the entire point. Grinding 60,000 credits to unlock a hero that you then have to buy loot crates to improve upon is not progression. It's just a grind and waste of time. If you want to play a grindy game for a sense of accomplishment, play wow. Locking the heroes is just a way to ensure we don't spin credits on loot crates so we buy crystals to spend on loot crates. It's so obvious that I don't see how anybody can defend it .

    I loved the first battlefront (with the exception of the playlist which I believe ruined the DLC) mainly because there was no grinding. It was very simple, turn on game and play. I have 0 interest in grinding on games. Maybe I'm one of the weird ones that plays games because I like the game, not because I want to feel like I've accomplished something.... because we all know spending hundreds of hours in front of a video game screen is not really accomplishing anything.
  • It's a big waste of time and energy because most of it isn't skill based, but time based. Even the most skilled of players still need to grind for days after achieving the milestones to unlock all 4 heroes for 240K credits. That's as redundant and unnecessary as it gets and that's why reddit is destroying the devs with downvotes now.
  • i've got a feeling that whatever ea/dice will do someone will find something to riot against them...
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!