criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

Carrying over Battlepoints

On the whole I think the battlepoints system, whilst containing some balance issues, is a much better idea than the last game, I do often get frustrated when I only just get enough points for a hero right at the end of a game, and either have to spend them and get no play time with the hero or waste them. I think that maybe 20-40% of the battlepoints you have at the end of a match should get carried over to the next one, with a cap so that you can't instantly spawn as a hero. This would just make the system less frustrating, and give you an incentive to not just try and squeeze in those 20 seconds as Yoda.

Replies

• No. Just need longer games and cheeper reinforcements.
  • Talyn856
    756 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Longer matches, primarily. Good news is DICE is aware that GA matches aren't lasting as long as they should, and it should get addressed in short order. It's true for SA matches as well. The problem is worst on maps with a kill counter. They'll probably just replace it with a timer.

If they let people carry over Battlepoints, you'd see people starting matches as Yoda or, worse, Wookiee Warriors and going 50-0 in the match by virtue of what they were able to initially spawn in as. That's not balanced, or fair.
    giphy.gif
  • MidNut2 wrote: »
    On the whole I think the battlepoints system, whilst containing some balance issues, is a much better idea than the last game, I do often get frustrated when I only just get enough points for a hero right at the end of a game, and either have to spend them and get no play time with the hero or waste them. I think that maybe 20-40% of the battlepoints you have at the end of a match should get carried over to the next one, with a cap so that you can't instantly spawn as a hero. This would just make the system less frustrating, and give you an incentive to not just try and squeeze in those 20 seconds as Yoda.

Awful idea. It allows the better players in the previous lobby claim an advantage in the upcoming game. Also, how do you decide which players can choose to spend their BP on weaker rewards?

A better solution would to increase the length of the game. The easiest way to do this is to increase reinforcement numbers.