criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

scrap the hero unlock costs!

just take a look at the mess that this has turned into, making heroes cost so much that you have to buy crates is no better than dlc packs or season passes, this future content will not be free if you lock heroes behind such a over the top cost, if you complete all challenges in the current game you only get half the amount you need for one hero, if i wanted to get all the heroes when i come out id have to buy crates, its impossible other wise, i hope you take all this feedback from players as this is going to ruin what could of been a good game

Replies

• I don't have a problem with the idea of unlocking the heroes. However the cost should be closer to 5k-10k, depending on rarity or popularity of the hero, instead of the ridiculous price it is now.
  • There should be no requirement to unlock any of the heroes.

You didn't in the first game and I so no logical reason to do it in BF2 beyond justifying the premium loot crate economy.

• yeah id not mind 10k maybe but i think skins should cost that not the hero its self as id like to be able play all heroes
  • Not a huge fan of the price point, especially since they've hid the most popular characters behind them.

Even 20k would be OK by me, but 60k is a little much. I'm looking forward to the grind, but this is not a good way to keep casuals around.
  • The costs are definitely way too high. I don't think even the people that support the overall concept would argue very hard against that.
  • Not a huge fan of the price point, especially since they've hid the most popular characters behind them.

Even 20k would be OK by me, but 60k is a little much. I'm looking forward to the grind, but this is not a good way to keep casuals around.

Mm. Irden seems like the best bang for your buck IMO. Insane character and I expect people are going to really hate her fast since it looks like her Pulse Cannon is busted as hell. One-shot (snipers can only wish they had it), no glint, instant refresh. Personal Shield is strong as hell, and her primary and secondary fire is the TL-50 on steroids and no heat on the secondary fire. Droid ain't half bad as well. Thank god she's got the lowest health of heroes (or does Leia have more?) but she looks beastly.
  • The hard work of DICE it's been put aside by this kind of shady practices... EA should be ashamed
  • Alex64
    5522 posts Member
    These people are infecting this forum
    I believe that beauty magazines promote low self esteem.
  • Alex64 wrote: »

You mean the ones with legitimate issues with a fairly fundamental selling point of the game (playing as iconic heroes)?
  • ProfDoom wrote: »
    Alex64 wrote: »

You mean the ones with legitimate issues with a fairly fundamental selling point of the game (playing as iconic heroes)?

Nevermind Alex64, he has a reputation for trolling anyone with legitimate concerns with the game. Additionally, he thinks Battlefront 2015 is a legitimately good game, so there's that as well.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo

Nevermind Alex64, he has a reputation for trolling anyone with legitimate concerns with the game. Additionally, he thinks Battlefront 2015 is a legitimately good game, so there's that as well.

this is quite accurate , he loves to troll.
  • ProfDoom
    27 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Additionally, he thinks Battlefront 2015 is a legitimately good game, so there's that as well.

Well, I mean, it wasn't that bad of a game... a bit shallow in places. I feel like I got my money's worth, at least.
    I suspect I'll feel similarly about this one. I'll have my complaints, but overall, after the beta, I felt like I was gonna enjoy it.

With any luck, we'll get a longer run out of it than we did the 2015 version, since we don't have to worry about season pass and DLC gating.
  • Alex64 wrote: »

There is nothing wrong with people putting up concerns that hamper their experience. This person is not alone. I can understand dlc characters have a credit count because they are post launch and rainbow six siege does this with no issues to encourage you to pay because lets be honest they need money to keep making content. But when you put luke, vader, chewbacca, leia who are fan favorites and the main characters of the original trilogy behind that pay wall it will rub people the wrong way. For alot of people these are their favorite star wars characters and what makes things more annoying lando is unlocked at the start...... like how is luke locked and lando is not. Secondly alot of people are hoping those locked characters are not over powered to encourage people to buy boxes for that reason. There is legit reason to be concerned.
    The costs are definitely way too high. I don't think even the people that support the overall concept would argue very hard against that.

You'd be surprised. Some people think it adds value cause it takes longer.
  • Nah man, locked heroes are great, gives me something to work hard for (though it wont be very hard I'm afraid :'() and finally have a use for credits. I got over 30k already in 10 hours. I'll have luke and vader in say 2 weeks. Maybe less.
    WATCH THOSE WRIST ROCKETS!
  • Get over it

They make the game and call the shots, buy the game or don’t, buy the crates or don’t

You have a choice

Take the moral & principal side out of it, it’s really not that much extra money is it?

I’ll be buying the lot because I can

• 2 weeks of playing to unlock two hero's and not be able to purchase anything else? Well gee that sure is the definition of FUN. Oh wait.... I'm going to immediately be labeled a "whiner" because I find that process absolutely NOT a fun pay off.
  • 2 weeks of playing to unlock two hero's and not be able to purchase anything else? Well gee that sure is the definition of FUN. Oh wait.... I'm going to immediately be labeled a "whiner" because I find that process absolutely NOT a fun pay off.

My 2 week estimate was for how long I personally play, depending on performance and if one plays more than me, then one could have them much faster than 2 weeks.

And no, I at least, wont be labeling you as a whiner cause that requires one to be whining. Your post wasn't the case, obviously you disagree with my view point of earning big time heroes and that's great, I'll respect your opinion, please respect mine.
  • The locked heroes has one purpose, and it is to push people to spend real money on the loot crates.
  • Salacious_Me_1138
    1233 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    So the easiest, quickest solution is to significantly lower the price of these locked hero's right? That should make everyone happy....there's still PUH-LENTY to "grind for" outside of hero availability. If you don't like that then just punish yourself by playing for 40 hours then decide to finally pick Vader...it's that easy without forcing everyone into the "weeks long grind challenge" to unlock the MANY heroes, actually, that are locked. Again, there's tons of unlockables to grind.
  • So the easiest, quickest solution is to significantly lower the price of these locked hero's right? That should make everyone happy....there's still PUH-LENTY to "grind for" outside of hero availability. If you don't like that then just punish yourself by playing for 40 hours then decide to finally pick Vader...it's that easy without forcing everyone into the "weeks long grind challenge" to unlock the MANY heroes, actually, that are locked. Again, there's tons of unlockables to grind.

Sure buddy, great solution. I wouldn't call a desire to work a bit more for a vader/luke "punishing myself" but whatever, lower prices, keep them where they are, I don't really care. I'm happy either way.

My 2 week estimate was for how long I personally play, depending on performance and if one plays more than me, then one could have them much faster than 2 weeks.

And no, I at least, wont be labeling you as a whiner cause that requires one to be whining. Your post wasn't the case, obviously you disagree with my view point of earning big time heroes and that's great, I'll respect your opinion, please respect mine.

his point still stand tholl. Yeah you can those characters but you have to give up progression in everything else to do so. That is a bit absurd. So basically it is there to encourage you to buy the packs and get credits from those. Because you will get it sure, but you give up progress for all your classes. That is not good design by any means. I could understand if there was some mile stone, like to get vader you had to get 50 kills as kylo and complete challenge called vader pupil or something, and to get luke you needed to get 50 kills as ray can call the challenge last of the jedi or something. Maybe to unlock chewbacca you needed to get kills as lando, and to get leia get kills as han, then to get the emperor you needed to get kills with vader. Something like that would be much better. You can still progress you star cards, and you have real goals to accomplish. Grinding game after game and getting a fixed credit amount is not a real goal or challenge.

And people saying **** off and go play something else if you don't like it, give me another star wars game and I will problem is this is the only the second star wars game to come out in the last 6 years about to be 7 which was swtor and that did not do so hot.

his point still stand tholl. Yeah you can those characters but you have to give up progression in everything else to do so. That is a bit absurd. So basically it is there to encourage you to buy the packs and get credits from those. Because you will get it sure, but you give up progress for all your classes. That is not good design by any means. I could understand if there was some mile stone, like to get vader you had to get 50 kills as kylo and complete challenge called vader pupil or something, and to get luke you needed to get 50 kills as ray can call the challenge last of the jedi or something. Maybe to unlock chewbacca you needed to get kills as lando, and to get leia get kills as han, then to get the emperor you needed to get kills with vader. Something like that would be much better. You can still progress you star cards, and you have real goals to accomplish. Grinding game after game and getting a fixed credit amount is not a real goal or challenge.

And people saying **** off and go play something else if you don't like it, give me another star wars game and I will problem is this is the only the second star wars game to come out in the last 6 years about to be 7 which was swtor and that did not do so hot.

I understand where you are coming from, and sure it would be easier. All I'm saying is that I don't think it's a horrible system, and I feel that working for the heroes, then getting them will make them feel more special. Though yes I do see many would rather have the grind load toned down a lot. In those cases all I can really say is to each his own.

I understand where you are coming from, I'm just saying that I don't think it's a horrible system and that working for the heroes and then getting them will make them feel like a real accomplishment, therefore making them feel more special. Though I do see many don't share the joy of earning them this way. At least not for as much as they cost.
  • A dramatic drop in cost. Hero cost was third on my list of priorities. First was earning credits after all rewards are done (there is a system that rewards based on score, we just dont know how well it rewards yet) followed by getting crafting parts instead of credits. Not bad though.
  • Salacious_Me_1138
    1233 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    "So, we’re reducing the amount of credits needed to unlock the top heroes by 75%. Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader will now be available for 15,000 credits; Emperor Palpatine, Chewbacca, and Leia Organa for 10,000 credits; and Iden at 5,000 credits. Based on what we’ve seen in the trial, this amount will make earning these heroes an achievement, but one that will be accessible for all players."

Well there we have it fellas. This is why we have to strongly voice our concerns....otherwise it would have been worse.
  • Alex64
    5522 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    ProfDoom wrote: »

"She call us toxics he must be a troll, destroy her comrades"
    Shut up please, if you really want a change don't buy this game, don't suffer playing.
    I believe that beauty magazines promote low self esteem.

I understand where you are coming from, I'm just saying that I don't think it's a horrible system and that working for the heroes and then getting them will make them feel like a real accomplishment, therefore making them feel more special. Though I do see many don't share the joy of earning them this way. At least not for as much as they cost.
  • I don't have a problem with the idea of unlocking the heroes. However the cost should be closer to 5k-10k, depending on rarity or popularity of the hero, instead of the ridiculous price it is now.

They should just cost 2/3 of what they costed in the trail.
  • The heroes should just be there, available to use you know because like that is part of the "battlefront" experience.

Especially given the barrier to entry for them is either TIME or MONEY and not SKILL like so many of you bang on about having by the boat load.
  • gzcnr
    290 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Lee1981 wrote: »
    Get over it

They make the game and call the shots, buy the game or don’t, buy the crates or don’t

lol.

they cut the prices %75. do u still want to pay 60k credits for vader?

omg developers please keep prices as it was for Lee. he is happy to give u 60k for a hero. he is happy with grinding. please do not update prices for lee. Just for fun. I want to see him grinding harder and harder for unlocks while rest of us fine with 15k :smiley:
  • They are perfect stop complaining.