criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Change Will Be a Constant In Star Wars Battlefront II

Prev1
Sledgehammer70
914 posts Member
edited December 2017
A Message from John Wasilczyk, Executive Producer at DICE.

Since the start of the project, listening to fans has been important in making sure Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II is the very best experience for all of you. We’ve done this with the closed alpha, through the beta last month, and our Play First Trial. And we continue to make adjustments based on your feedback as the game launches worldwide this week. Listening, and providing choices in how you play, will always be our principle with Star Wars Battlefront II. We want to ensure the game is balanced and fun both today and for years into the future.

Making games great comes from regular tuning. As one example, today we’re making a substantial change based on what we’ve seen during the Play First trial. There’s been a lot of discussion around the amount of in-game credits (and time) it takes to unlock some of our heroes, especially Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader. Unlocking a hero is a great accomplishment in the game, something we want players to have fun earning. We used data from the beta to help set those levels, but it’s clear that more changes were needed.

So, we’re reducing the amount of credits needed to unlock the top heroes by 75%. Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader will now be available for 15,000 credits; Emperor Palpatine, Chewbacca, and Leia Organa for 10,000 credits; and Iden at 5,000 credits. Based on what we’ve seen in the trial, this amount will make earning these heroes an achievement, but one that will be accessible for all players.

It's a big change, and it’s one we can make quickly. It will be live today, with an update that is getting loaded into the game.

We’ve also been listening to how much you’re loving features in the game (Starfighter Assault, 40 player MP battles, Darth Maul lightsaber throws, etc.) as well as what you haven’t liked. We know some of our most passionate fans, including those in our subreddit, have voiced their opinions, and we hear you. We’re making the changes to the credit levels for unlocking heroes and we’re going to keep making changes to improve the game experience over time. We welcome the conversation.

In fact, this Wednesday we’d like you to join us for a Reddit AMA with some of the key leads on our team. Stay tuned to our social channels for more info on the AMA, and our blog for continual updates on what we’re seeing, hearing and adjusting in the game.

For those of you already playing, thank you. For those of you looking forward to playing the Star Wars™ game you’ve been waiting for, thank you, too. The team is fully committed to listening to our community, continually adjusting the game, and providing even more great Star Wars content over the upcoming months and years of live service updates. More to come.
Thanks
Sledgehammer70
Star Wars Battlefront Community Guy
Post edited by EA_Tom on

Replies

  • Battlefront 2:

    My comments pertain to online co op only as the split screens are hard to see even on a big tv. We definitely need online co op for the same modes you currently have in single player. We also need more locations in single player and online co op. Finally we are greatly missing flying modes in single player and co op. May the force be with you!

    Monty
  • Battlefront 2:

    My comments here pertain to local co op. The top and bottom horizontal split screens are hard to deal with why not go with vertical? That being said I would much prefer online co op instead of local.
  • If that comment was true he would have learnt from the past battlefront that a sever browser was a must..he hasn't listen to carefully :(
  • I hope that update 1.03 fixes the severe server lag that players have been facing on kashyyyk. This has left the mode mostly unplayable.
  • Please.. Add to Offline mode Instant Action, All Online game modes but in Offline with bots like in old Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2005).
  • They have no idea that adding those online modes to a offline mode with bots would save this game. It would go along way in dealing with the star card issues. If you could play offline, you would be the only one with them. You wouldn't need to worry if someone got better cards in a box, or is higher level and can just make them. It would also make the AFK problem not so bad fir the same reason. They need to understand that the games that sell the best have a large part of the game for people who like to play vs bots in a single player style. Not all of us want to deal with the cesspool that is "online".
  • Please add a real progression system, and make actually playing the game (not rubberbanding) rewarding.
  • Не хватает одиночного Завоевания Галактики как в Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2005). "Сетевой режим" и "Аркада" быстро надоедают, а "Свой бой" на карте с ИИ очень урезан, например размером карты и не однозначным ИИ.
  • Battlefront 2:

    My comments pertain to online co op only as the split screens are hard to see even on a big tv. We definitely need online co op for the same modes you currently have in single player. We also need more locations in single player and online co op. Finally we are greatly missing flying modes in single player and co op. May the force be with you!

    Monty

    1 trillion % Agree!!!!
  • Bry91
    1 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Please can someone fix this AFK, spinning in circles stuff I keep running into in Multiplayer. Since that old school cheating stuff went viral on the internet every game I go into on Hero's vs Villan's I literally play against a team of Hero's spinning in circles. There should be some way to kick these players if they are not actively gaining score or getting assists.
  • Thanks for making Boba available right out of the gate - my favorite character.
  • Fix the **** credit system! ASAP, the game is being ruined by rubber band joysticks and middle/highschoolers. Just make it 10% of the points you earn. Easy!!!
  • Any news on adding Dolby Atmos feature for PC?
  • Wemo
    10 posts Member
    I've tried very hard to like this game, but I went back to SWFB I and realized what I was missing. Sadly, this game is not fun. The FPS lag is still terrible on XBONE, and the weapons are ridiculously under-powered. DICE developers should play the two games back to back, and try to make the player controls and weapons feel similar. I really feel like I've wasted my money on this one, and it is just a big let down. SWFB1 was the game that made me and my wife gamers. SWFBII so far is the game that may turn me off these games.
  • l'ajout de mode hors ligne bataille spatiales avec des Bots sauverait ce jeu.
    Si vous pouviez jouer avec plusieurs mode hors ligne comme la version en ligne serait un excellent point .
    EA ont besoin de comprendre que les jeux qui se vendent le mieux ont une grande partie du jeu pour ceux qui aiment jouer vs bots dans un style solo. Nous ne voulons pas tous faire face au Pro gamer qui est «en ligne».
  • Wemo wrote: »
    I've tried very hard to like this game, but I went back to SWFB I and realized what I was missing. Sadly, this game is not fun. The FPS lag is still terrible on XBONE, and the weapons are ridiculously under-powered. DICE developers should play the two games back to back, and try to make the player controls and weapons feel similar. I really feel like I've wasted my money on this one, and it is just a big let down. SWFB1 was the game that made me and my wife gamers. SWFBII so far is the game that may turn me off these games.

    Lol don't like it don't play it.
  • Patch the game to allow pc users to use their joysticks.
    this has been requested so many times allready.
    it takes away the fun of the game to play with keys and mouse when having at my desk the rhino X55 system standing collecting dust :-(
  • How about you work on the lag issues?
  • Bry91 wrote: »
    Please can someone fix this AFK, spinning in circles stuff I keep running into in Multiplayer. Since that old school cheating stuff went viral on the internet every game I go into on Hero's vs Villan's I literally play against a team of Hero's spinning in circles. There should be some way to kick these players if they are not actively gaining score or getting assists.

    Thank you this is what i been saying
  • Fix the **** credit system! ASAP, the game is being ruined by rubber band joysticks and middle/highschoolers. Just make it 10% of the points you earn. Easy!!!

    Thank you . Also fix credits or just kick the people who aren't actively playing aka rubber band joysticks
  • So tired of this nonsense 3kloi3vrp8db.gif
    7ufkgssr7klf.gif
  • i see comments about weapons 'ridiculously underpowered' - well then why is it i dont play anymore? because i die in seconds before i can shoot and kill anyone, before i can turn, before i get out of the spawn zone - before i can play basically, because i run into opponents who had a head start on their cards and it was impossible to catch up, and this isnt supposed to be a full time job to play, but a fun game to enjoy. (and you can stick this challenge bull - games are for unwinding and fun. you want challenge, get a better job, or go mountain climbing, or be a professional sport player.)

    the issue isnt underpowered weapons - its the low levels cant level up so its no fun, so we dont play. the high levels seem to be complaining because they DO have the health to stay alive long enough in a firefight, but prefer to kill low levels one shot than engage in a firefight of any kind. only the low levels went back to destiny 2 (god wouldnt a destiny 2 style star wars game be amazing?) or some other shooter where the odds arent so stacked against players who are new vs ones played such a long time.

    maybe thats the answer. i think its more star wars style anyway; have the bad guys all be AI and have the good guys unable to harm each other except in specific pvp mode (going back to destiny, the only pvp is in the crucible). that fits star wars better imo. but then some ppl like being darth vader (so do i lol). then again, bungie seem to be the only ppl in the world who can do really good AI bots. the halo games (well bungies ones) had really evil AI which was still easily able to kill you on the easy levels if you didnt pay attention. halo reach and halo 3 especially, you just couldnt sleepwalk through, you had to play. idk why other game companies cant do AI.

    maybe its because the higher ups dont want them to, because lootbox for mp is where they can make even more money. and good and fun gameplay isnt even considered by the kinds of people who run companies of EA size.
    invalid brain token
  • i see comments about weapons 'ridiculously underpowered' - well then why is it i dont play anymore? because i die in seconds before i can shoot and kill anyone, before i can turn, before i get out of the spawn zone - before i can play basically, because i run into opponents who had a head start on their cards and it was impossible to catch up, and this isnt supposed to be a full time job to play, but a fun game to enjoy. (and you can stick this challenge bull - games are for unwinding and fun. you want challenge, get a better job, or go mountain climbing, or be a professional sport player.)

    the issue isnt underpowered weapons - its the low levels cant level up so its no fun, so we dont play. the high levels seem to be complaining because they DO have the health to stay alive long enough in a firefight, but prefer to kill low levels one shot than engage in a firefight of any kind. only the low levels went back to destiny 2 (god wouldnt a destiny 2 style star wars game be amazing?) or some other shooter where the odds arent so stacked against players who are new vs ones played such a long time.

    maybe thats the answer. i think its more star wars style anyway; have the bad guys all be AI and have the good guys unable to harm each other except in specific pvp mode (going back to destiny, the only pvp is in the crucible). that fits star wars better imo. but then some ppl like being darth vader (so do i lol). then again, bungie seem to be the only ppl in the world who can do really good AI bots. the halo games (well bungies ones) had really evil AI which was still easily able to kill you on the easy levels if you didnt pay attention. halo reach and halo 3 especially, you just couldnt sleepwalk through, you had to play. idk why other game companies cant do AI.

    maybe its because the higher ups dont want them to, because lootbox for mp is where they can make even more money. and good and fun gameplay isnt even considered by the kinds of people who run companies of EA size.
    Its only natural that people who played longer have a edge on noobs. Bumgie is garbage btw they try making a rpg and failed they need to stick with halo. Also times change games aren't just for fun anymore. Are you dumb
  • i see comments about weapons 'ridiculously underpowered' - well then why is it i dont play anymore? because i die in seconds before i can shoot and kill anyone, before i can turn, before i get out of the spawn zone - before i can play basically, because i run into opponents who had a head start on their cards and it was impossible to catch up, and this isnt supposed to be a full time job to play, but a fun game to enjoy. (and you can stick this challenge bull - games are for unwinding and fun. you want challenge, get a better job, or go mountain climbing, or be a professional sport player.)

    the issue isnt underpowered weapons - its the low levels cant level up so its no fun, so we dont play. the high levels seem to be complaining because they DO have the health to stay alive long enough in a firefight, but prefer to kill low levels one shot than engage in a firefight of any kind. only the low levels went back to destiny 2 (god wouldnt a destiny 2 style star wars game be amazing?) or some other shooter where the odds arent so stacked against players who are new vs ones played such a long time.

    maybe thats the answer. i think its more star wars style anyway; have the bad guys all be AI and have the good guys unable to harm each other except in specific pvp mode (going back to destiny, the only pvp is in the crucible). that fits star wars better imo. but then some ppl like being darth vader (so do i lol). then again, bungie seem to be the only ppl in the world who can do really good AI bots. the halo games (well bungies ones) had really evil AI which was still easily able to kill you on the easy levels if you didnt pay attention. halo reach and halo 3 especially, you just couldnt sleepwalk through, you had to play. idk why other game companies cant do AI.

    maybe its because the higher ups dont want them to, because lootbox for mp is where they can make even more money. and good and fun gameplay isnt even considered by the kinds of people who run companies of EA size.

    You dont play anymore because you suck and think that noobs are supposed to be evenly matched against people who played longer. Which makes no sense at all.
  • i see comments about weapons 'ridiculously underpowered' - well then why is it i dont play anymore? because i die in seconds before i can shoot and kill anyone, before i can turn, before i get out of the spawn zone - before i can play basically, because i run into opponents who had a head start on their cards and it was impossible to catch up, and this isnt supposed to be a full time job to play, but a fun game to enjoy. (and you can stick this challenge bull - games are for unwinding and fun. you want challenge, get a better job, or go mountain climbing, or be a professional sport player.)

    the issue isnt underpowered weapons - its the low levels cant level up so its no fun, so we dont play. the high levels seem to be complaining because they DO have the health to stay alive long enough in a firefight, but prefer to kill low levels one shot than engage in a firefight of any kind. only the low levels went back to destiny 2 (god wouldnt a destiny 2 style star wars game be amazing?) or some other shooter where the odds arent so stacked against players who are new vs ones played such a long time.

    maybe thats the answer. i think its more star wars style anyway; have the bad guys all be AI and have the good guys unable to harm each other except in specific pvp mode (going back to destiny, the only pvp is in the crucible). that fits star wars better imo. but then some ppl like being darth vader (so do i lol). then again, bungie seem to be the only ppl in the world who can do really good AI bots. the halo games (well bungies ones) had really evil AI which was still easily able to kill you on the easy levels if you didnt pay attention. halo reach and halo 3 especially, you just couldnt sleepwalk through, you had to play. idk why other game companies cant do AI.

    maybe its because the higher ups dont want them to, because lootbox for mp is where they can make even more money. and good and fun gameplay isnt even considered by the kinds of people who run companies of EA size.

    Destiny 1 and 2= garbage the loot system is terrible as well as the grouping **** in order to get anything good you have to play the raid in order to do that if you dont have friends to do it with you have to use external sites guided games is a joke on top of that setting on a mic with fools who dont know when to shut up or singing in the mic playing music nobody wants to hear people leaving then go through the group process again.
  • i see comments about weapons 'ridiculously underpowered' - well then why is it i dont play anymore? because i die in seconds before i can shoot and kill anyone, before i can turn, before i get out of the spawn zone - before i can play basically, because i run into opponents who had a head start on their cards and it was impossible to catch up, and this isnt supposed to be a full time job to play, but a fun game to enjoy. (and you can stick this challenge bull - games are for unwinding and fun. you want challenge, get a better job, or go mountain climbing, or be a professional sport player.)

    the issue isnt underpowered weapons - its the low levels cant level up so its no fun, so we dont play. the high levels seem to be complaining because they DO have the health to stay alive long enough in a firefight, but prefer to kill low levels one shot than engage in a firefight of any kind. only the low levels went back to destiny 2 (god wouldnt a destiny 2 style star wars game be amazing?) or some other shooter where the odds arent so stacked against players who are new vs ones played such a long time.

    maybe thats the answer. i think its more star wars style anyway; have the bad guys all be AI and have the good guys unable to harm each other except in specific pvp mode (going back to destiny, the only pvp is in the crucible). that fits star wars better imo. but then some ppl like being darth vader (so do i lol). then again, bungie seem to be the only ppl in the world who can do really good AI bots. the halo games (well bungies ones) had really evil AI which was still easily able to kill you on the easy levels if you didnt pay attention. halo reach and halo 3 especially, you just couldnt sleepwalk through, you had to play. idk why other game companies cant do AI.

    maybe its because the higher ups dont want them to, because lootbox for mp is where they can make even more money. and good and fun gameplay isnt even considered by the kinds of people who run companies of EA size.

    This game is way better than destiny is
  • i see comments about weapons 'ridiculously underpowered' - well then why is it i dont play anymore? because i die in seconds before i can shoot and kill anyone, before i can turn, before i get out of the spawn zone - before i can play basically, because i run into opponents who had a head start on their cards and it was impossible to catch up, and this isnt supposed to be a full time job to play, but a fun game to enjoy. (and you can stick this challenge bull - games are for unwinding and fun. you want challenge, get a better job, or go mountain climbing, or be a professional sport player.)

    the issue isnt underpowered weapons - its the low levels cant level up so its no fun, so we dont play. the high levels seem to be complaining because they DO have the health to stay alive long enough in a firefight, but prefer to kill low levels one shot than engage in a firefight of any kind. only the low levels went back to destiny 2 (god wouldnt a destiny 2 style star wars game be amazing?) or some other shooter where the odds arent so stacked against players who are new vs ones played such a long time.

    maybe thats the answer. i think its more star wars style anyway; have the bad guys all be AI and have the good guys unable to harm each other except in specific pvp mode (going back to destiny, the only pvp is in the crucible). that fits star wars better imo. but then some ppl like being darth vader (so do i lol). then again, bungie seem to be the only ppl in the world who can do really good AI bots. the halo games (well bungies ones) had really evil AI which was still easily able to kill you on the easy levels if you didnt pay attention. halo reach and halo 3 especially, you just couldnt sleepwalk through, you had to play. idk why other game companies cant do AI.

    maybe its because the higher ups dont want them to, because lootbox for mp is where they can make even more money. and good and fun gameplay isnt even considered by the kinds of people who run companies of EA size.

    Learn how to play instead of complaining about how noobs cant win against people who played longer. Thats super funny btw noobs aren't supposed to be on equal footing with the people who play longer. ****
  • When is the next patch coming? Chewbacca is absolutely broken and my butthole is bleeding from his hairy ****.
  • The big problem i have minimum system requirements i have nvidia 1050 TI, and 8 GB memory and Intel 7500 3.4 GHZ processor but the multiplayer and single player very fps drop and the multi is very laggy i dont know what can i do. I search everything my internet connection problem but my internet connection very good and the programs very good i dont know what can i do.Oh and not just Kashyyyk big fps drop every multi mod: blast,galactic assault ,heroes and villians,stike.
  • I've been a pretty consistent BF player since '05. Can EA please take a second look at the nerf job done on Boba Fett? His anti-hero rocket barrage is now worthless, the EE3 is now ridiculously inaccurate and impotent, and his jet back runs out too soon. What, exactly, is a good reason to still use him? This is undoubtedly one of the coolest and most dangerous characters in SW canon. His only strengths were his elusiveness and lethal weaponry as far as the game goes. Not being a force-wielding character, he's not basically target-fodder for Han or any Jedi. Please reconsider finding some middle ground or undoing the nerf.
  • I've been a pretty consistent BF player since '05. Can EA please take a second look at the nerf job done on Boba Fett? His anti-hero rocket barrage is now worthless, the EE3 is now ridiculously inaccurate and impotent, and his jet back runs out too soon. What, exactly, is a good reason to still use him? This is undoubtedly one of the coolest and most dangerous characters in SW canon. His only strengths were his elusiveness and lethal weaponry as far as the game goes. Not being a force-wielding character, he's not basically target-fodder for Han or any Jedi. Please reconsider finding some middle ground or undoing the nerf.

    His rockets in my experience are still OP. If you land your shots it can still take half an enemy’s health away. And doing exactly as you say - being elusive - is what makes him a nuisance. Especially on the Yavin map on HVV. It’s pretty unfair on certain maps. I admit, Chewbacca shouldn’t be able to knock him out if the sky with a charged shot, but then again Chewbacca shouldn’t be able to kill an entire team back to back either. I still see many imbalances plaguing this game and I wonder where the devs’ minds are when they release some of these patches. They should have nerfed Boba and Chewie, buffed Yoda, and slightly buffed Palpatine. Lando’s disabler needs a range nerf because it seems to have an extremely broken radius. His thermal ADS sometimes doesn’t properly highlight enemy targets in yellow. Finn is now OP against any elusive character like Palpatine, Boba and Maul, making them almost useless against Deadeye. Phasma’s staff strikes are terribly slow, but her droid is almost too tanky. Especially considering randoms never shoot it to help lightsaber users. Vader’s choke is one of the glitchiest abilities in the entire game often launching people across the map or dropping them allowing them to move freely as they’re still losing health. Electric stuns shouldn’t still allow a blaster user to fire their gun while being stunned. And generally speaking there are still glitches in the game like not having a lightsaber, not being able to jump or use abilities, animations for certain abilities being glitched such as Shoulder Charge hitting invisible targets as soon as you use it. Chewie’s slam will trigger at any uneven surface, Rey’s dash strike doesn’t cause her to run in the proper direction of the camera sometimes. And on rare occasions it can be stopped by an enemy if you hit them dead center and it doesn’t knock them over. Han Solo cannot roll during his sharpshooter ability. And Yoda just seems hard to use in general. His strikes are inconsistent and his tutaminis doesn’t help at all against lightsaber strikes making him seem less viable when trying to survive against multiple targets. If you’re like me, and half the time you’re being ganged up on by 2-3 and sometimes 4 people on HVV, you need survivability that Yoda doesn’t seem to offer. Maybe this can be solved by spawning people in consistent or even just one static location like where you spawn in the beginning of the round. But something needs to be done about the spawn system. If you kill an entire team, they’ll spawn completely separately and 9 times out of 10 they’ll go for the target and die in a 4v1. It’s like the “trickling” in Overwatch, where your team dies at different times and thus you’re perpetually spawning at separate locations at different times. If you get a bad start in HVV sometimes you just cannot come back from it. Also there are spots where you can easily abuse the system and camp in areas that some people can’t reach, like HVV on Endor on the edges of the map. People get stuck in boxes, stuck in corners, Maul sometimes dashes into walls or pillars and gets stuck like on the final stage of Galactic Assault on Naboo. Sometimes Palpatine causes people to permanently freeze up and be unable to move or do anything. Also after the recent patch his normal lightning attack seems inconsistent and I’ve seen a few occasions where he will shock a target that isn’t blocking and the lightning will hit them but do no damage. Also, I don’t understand why people can roll to avoid force abilities. I’ve used force choke on Han only for him to roll as I do it and I’ve just wasted my ability. Sometimes lightsaber throws that are on the way back will be blocked by an enemy facing me. Sometimes I block with a lightsaber and it will not actually block blasters or lightsaber strikes. The flinching caused by getting hit will continue to happen until you roll out of it, and even then I’ve spammed my roll and it took a second or two for my character to actually roll, causing me to lose half my health. I don’t understand the interaction between abilities like choke and freeze and lightsaber users in comparison to blaster users. Blaster users can unload into someone as they’re stunned, and it won’t cancel their stun, while being hit once by a lightsaber will release them from the stun. Some maps seem incredibly easy to abuse with ledges (Kashyyk, Kamino, Naboo) making the game almost revolve around avoiding ledges than anything else. On Kashyyk it’s almost impossible. In the future, I’d like to see more emphasis on maps that require skill rather than pushing people off of ledges. TIE Fighters and interceptors have very clunky turn radiuses in comparison to the rebels. It makes me feel like there’s no chance even trying to dogfight against rebels. And in Galactic Assault, on certain maps, heroes die too quickly my opinion. But these are just my thoughts and notes after playing since release. Some clarity about patches and changes would be nice. The balance of this game is entirely screwed up right now and I’d like to see most of this changed soon or at least looked into.
  • "Change Will Be a CONSTANT In Star Wars Battlefront II"

    con·stant
    [ˈkänstənt]

    ADJECTIVE
    occurring continuously over a period of time:
    "the pain is constant"
    synonyms: continual · continuous · persistent · sustained · around/round-the-clock · ceaseless · unceasing · perpetual · incessant · never-ending · eternal · endless · unabating · nonstop · unrelieved · interminable · unremitting · relentless · steadfast · steady · resolute · determined · tenacious · dogged · unwavering · unflagging

    antonyms: fitful · inconstant
    remaining the same over a period of time:
    "the company has kept its prices fairly constant"

    synonyms: consistent · regular · steady · uniform · even · invariable · unvarying · unchanging · undeviating · unfluctuating

    antonyms: variable
    (of a person) unchangingly faithful and dependable.

    synonyms: faithful · loyal · devoted · true · fast · firm · unswerving · steadfast · staunch · dependable · trustworthy · trusty · reliable · dedicated · committed

    antonyms: fickle

    I wouldn't expect much...
  • They just trolling?
  • Kykyphph wrote: »
    They just trolling?

    Yep
  • TheLoneJedii
    341 posts Member
    edited January 4
    A Message from John Wasilczyk, Executive Producer at DICE.



    For those of you already playing, thank you. For those of you looking forward to playing the Star Wars™ game you’ve been waiting for, thank you, too. The team is fully committed to listening to our community, continually adjusting the game, and providing even more great Star Wars content over the upcoming months and years of live service updates. More to come.

    Were still waiting, were also still waiting for the constant change(nothing since 14 Dec), were also waiting for some news on what will be updated next, then again i suppose saying nothing is better to keep your players active, were also waiting for some dev interaction on any post with a meaningful answer that actually addresses known issues and problems with game-play, maps, bugs etc etc etc.

    None at all since launch, this is the place to do your talking, not reddit, not facebook, not instagram or twitter, the forum is where your actual community comes for info, so please post something here rather than some obscure reddit post that ignores all the real issues.......The issues are documented here in 100s of threads and posts, from your player base :-(
    GcRvyBd.gif
    I have honestly seen better games made by companies with 1/1000th of the budget and resources, how can a game be worse almost 1 year after launch than it was when it started./center]
  • A Message from John Wasilczyk, Executive Producer at DICE.



    For those of you already playing, thank you. For those of you looking forward to playing the Star Wars™ game you’ve been waiting for, thank you, too. The team is fully committed to listening to our community, continually adjusting the game, and providing even more great Star Wars content over the upcoming months and years of live service updates. More to come.

    Were still waiting, were also still waiting for the constant change(nothing since 14 Dec), were also waiting for some news on what will be updated next, then again i suppose saying nothing is better to keep your players active, were also waiting for some dev interaction on any post with a meaningful answer that actually addresses known issues and problems with game-play, maps, bugs etc etc etc.

    None at all since launch, this is the place to do your talking, not reddit, not facebook, not instagram or twitter, the forum is where your actual community comes for info, so please post something here rather than some obscure reddit post that ignores all the real issues.......The issues are documented here in 100s of threads and posts, from your player base :-(
    +1
    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g


    How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide


    General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda


    "Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"


    "Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."


    giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

    Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • A Message from John Wasilczyk, Executive Producer at DICE.



    For those of you already playing, thank you. For those of you looking forward to playing the Star Wars™ game you’ve been waiting for, thank you, too. The team is fully committed to listening to our community, continually adjusting the game, and providing even more great Star Wars content over the upcoming months and years of live service updates. More to come.

    Were still waiting, were also still waiting for the constant change(nothing since 14 Dec), were also waiting for some news on what will be updated next, then again i suppose saying nothing is better to keep your players active, were also waiting for some dev interaction on any post with a meaningful answer that actually addresses known issues and problems with game-play, maps, bugs etc etc etc.

    None at all since launch, this is the place to do your talking, not reddit, not facebook, not instagram or twitter, the forum is where your actual community comes for info, so please post something here rather than some obscure reddit post that ignores all the real issues.......The issues are documented here in 100s of threads and posts, from your player base :-(
    +1

    People use your common sense seriously (change will be constant)is a figure of speech obviously because updates need to be made and tested before implemented in which could take months depending on the size on top of all that unexpected draw backs are a possibility of slowing down the process. Think before you post.
  • GodKC
    245 posts Member
    I hate it when I lose, I wish EA would ban better players.

    At the end of each match, when I don’t trophy, I cry tid-little bit.

    The game is so mean...
    - GodKC

    If you're looking for a teammate for HvV or GA, send me an invite online.

    XBOX Gamertag: GodKC
  • GodKC wrote: »
    I hate it when I lose, I wish EA would ban better players.

    At the end of each match, when I don’t trophy, I cry tid-little bit.

    The game is so mean...

    I know you trolling but.... get good
  • BeepBoop wrote: »
    They could at least have a dedicated community rep who's sole job it is to post SOMETHING about ANYTHING at least every few days just to let people know the game isn't being gridlocked in a corporate limbo. Basically every major video game company on earth has a better reputation for communication with its customers. In an age where there are so many dozens of methods of instant communication, it's really baffling how we ended up here.

    Given time and appropriate addressing of mistakes, the public is almost always forgiving, even to giant corporate entities that make mistakes - regardless of initial outrage; I mean, no one is still furious at Ubisoft for Assassin's Creed Unity right? And this isn't even comparable to that level of debacle - in fact its mostly a success. But AAA game companies with as much resources as EA has, shouldn't be dropping a ball on something so simple as basic customer outreach. Especially given that this is the current flagship game title for the largest most profitable fiction franchise of all time.

    At this point no one is asking for guaranteed updates - people just want to be able to find a pulse. Consumers want to be able to at least get a consistent idea whether or not a game with as high of a progression time-sync has reasonable future. When the devs are basically radio silent on almost everything for these large stretches of time it makes it seem like the company is in a state of indecision on whether or not dedicating it's resources to it is profitable in the long run. I think that's where the frustration lies; at least it does with me.

    Yeah, everything this guy said, no excuse really, everyone has been left in limbo since mid December.
    GcRvyBd.gif
    I have honestly seen better games made by companies with 1/1000th of the budget and resources, how can a game be worse almost 1 year after launch than it was when it started./center]
  • A Message from John Wasilczyk, Executive Producer at DICE.



    For those of you already playing, thank you. For those of you looking forward to playing the Star Wars™ game you’ve been waiting for, thank you, too. The team is fully committed to listening to our community, continually adjusting the game, and providing even more great Star Wars content over the upcoming months and years of live service updates. More to come.

    Were still waiting, were also still waiting for the constant change(nothing since 14 Dec), were also waiting for some news on what will be updated next, then again i suppose saying nothing is better to keep your players active, were also waiting for some dev interaction on any post with a meaningful answer that actually addresses known issues and problems with game-play, maps, bugs etc etc etc.

    None at all since launch, this is the place to do your talking, not reddit, not facebook, not instagram or twitter, the forum is where your actual community comes for info, so please post something here rather than some obscure reddit post that ignores all the real issues.......The issues are documented here in 100s of threads and posts, from your player base :-(
    +1

    People use your common sense seriously (change will be constant)is a figure of speech obviously because updates need to be made and tested before implemented in which could take months depending on the size on top of all that unexpected draw backs are a possibility of slowing down the process. Think before you post.

    That's the point, we actually do, and already know the answer...

    "we know what the players want and are trying to make it happen"
    "change will be constant"
    "we understand the lootboxes wasn't the right way to go but are looking to make changes"

    All ****, Its corporate and executive talk for we couldn't scam you that way, but were working to figure some other way of scamming you. Are you an EA fan boi or something, have you ever heard about this company, they are notorious for this type of stuff and have known things like, "We want Galactic Conquest in Battlefront" since 2015, so why isnt it here if they are so hard listening ????

    Stop defending a company that is out to take your money for as little effort as possible.
    GcRvyBd.gif
    I have honestly seen better games made by companies with 1/1000th of the budget and resources, how can a game be worse almost 1 year after launch than it was when it started./center]
  • Mods pls change the word 'constant' in the title to 'rare', 'uncommon', 'scarce', 'sparse', 'deficient', 'sporadic', 'limited', 'few and far between', 'occasional', 'unusual', 'unlikely'... Whichever term tickles your fancy
  • A Message from John Wasilczyk, Executive Producer at DICE.



    For those of you already playing, thank you. For those of you looking forward to playing the Star Wars™ game you’ve been waiting for, thank you, too. The team is fully committed to listening to our community, continually adjusting the game, and providing even more great Star Wars content over the upcoming months and years of live service updates. More to come.

    Were still waiting, were also still waiting for the constant change(nothing since 14 Dec), were also waiting for some news on what will be updated next, then again i suppose saying nothing is better to keep your players active, were also waiting for some dev interaction on any post with a meaningful answer that actually addresses known issues and problems with game-play, maps, bugs etc etc etc.

    None at all since launch, this is the place to do your talking, not reddit, not facebook, not instagram or twitter, the forum is where your actual community comes for info, so please post something here rather than some obscure reddit post that ignores all the real issues.......The issues are documented here in 100s of threads and posts, from your player base :-(
    +1

    People use your common sense seriously (change will be constant)is a figure of speech obviously because updates need to be made and tested before implemented in which could take months depending on the size on top of all that unexpected draw backs are a possibility of slowing down the process. Think before you post.

    That's the point, we actually do, and already know the answer...

    "we know what the players want and are trying to make it happen"
    "change will be constant"
    "we understand the lootboxes wasn't the right way to go but are looking to make changes"

    All ****, Its corporate and executive talk for we couldn't scam you that way, but were working to figure some other way of scamming you. Are you an EA fan boi or something, have you ever heard about this company, they are notorious for this type of stuff and have known things like, "We want Galactic Conquest in Battlefront" since 2015, so why isnt it here if they are so hard listening ????

    Stop defending a company that is out to take your money for as little effort as possible.

    Ea is only the publisher you **** not the devs in other words ea doesn't make the updates or the game. And since dec 14th wow thats a long time bro its not like they take vacations or have other **** to do. They totally just sit at the desk all year round. Pfft! If you dont enjoy the game dont play it trade it in unless you bought digital like a ****
  • Still waiting for “a tremendeous service” not to bug. Give me that 500 crystal and hard **** emote, im level 49 -.-
  • So Sledgehammer70 posted an update about map rotation. Because obviously that is the biggest problem of the game right now: Rotation. Hoth, Takodana, Naboo, Yavin 4 and Starkiller Base are going to get more spotlight. Really?! I have never seen people cry about wanting to play these maps, but I have seen plenty leaving the lobbys when Takodana and Starkiller show up. Takodana has bad phase one, while Starkiller has absolutly dumb first phase where FO infantry gets decimated by Resistance air support without any chance to fight back (Ion Torpedo is useless piece of dung). I like Naboo, while Yavin 4 and Hoth are OK. I love Kashyyyk and Kamino. Kamino is actually the only map, that I saw people demanding it to be played more often (Phase One armor has its allure). I would really appreciate if these guys would post daily updates with comments allowed so the community would feel involved.
  • NavarDerth wrote: »
    So Sledgehammer70 posted an update about map rotation. Because obviously that is the biggest problem of the game right now: Rotation. Hoth, Takodana, Naboo, Yavin 4 and Starkiller Base are going to get more spotlight. Really?! I have never seen people cry about wanting to play these maps, but I have seen plenty leaving the lobbys when Takodana and Starkiller show up. Takodana has bad phase one, while Starkiller has absolutly dumb first phase where FO infantry gets decimated by Resistance air support without any chance to fight back (Ion Torpedo is useless piece of dung). I like Naboo, while Yavin 4 and Hoth are OK. I love Kashyyyk and Kamino. Kamino is actually the only map, that I saw people demanding it to be played more often (Phase One armor has its allure). I would really appreciate if these guys would post daily updates with comments allowed so the community would feel involved.

    Phase 1 on takodana isn't bad its just people to **** worried about they kd instead of rushing the objective same with starkiller people spend more time camping instead of playing the objective you wont win if only 4 people are playing the objective against the opposing team which has everyone on the objective. Those 2 maps are perfect examples of rush the objective or lose.
  • NavarDerth wrote: »
    So Sledgehammer70 posted an update about map rotation. Because obviously that is the biggest problem of the game right now: Rotation. Hoth, Takodana, Naboo, Yavin 4 and Starkiller Base are going to get more spotlight. Really?! I have never seen people cry about wanting to play these maps, but I have seen plenty leaving the lobbys when Takodana and Starkiller show up. Takodana has bad phase one, while Starkiller has absolutly dumb first phase where FO infantry gets decimated by Resistance air support without any chance to fight back (Ion Torpedo is useless piece of dung). I like Naboo, while Yavin 4 and Hoth are OK. I love Kashyyyk and Kamino. Kamino is actually the only map, that I saw people demanding it to be played more often (Phase One armor has its allure). I would really appreciate if these guys would post daily updates with comments allowed so the community would feel involved.

    Phase 1 on takodana isn't bad its just people to **** worried about they kd instead of rushing the objective same with starkiller people spend more time camping instead of playing the objective you wont win if only 4 people are playing the objective against the opposing team which has everyone on the objective. Those 2 maps are perfect examples of rush the objective or lose.
    also both sides have air support its not like you cant fight back
  • The **** you people say i swear you blame ea when they dont make the updates dice does and starwars isn't the only game they doing stuff for. Then you blame them for you losing on certain maps when its your teams fault you lost its common sense every map isn't a kill to win based mode especially when you on the side that needs to ptfo to win. But hey this is the world where majority of human beings are complete idi0t's
  • GodKC
    245 posts Member
    GodKC wrote: »
    I hate it when I lose, I wish EA would ban better players.

    At the end of each match, when I don’t trophy, I cry tid-little bit.

    The game is so mean...

    I know you trolling but.... get good

    I don't know if I'm trolling, I'm keeping myself amused.

    And I am good...
    - GodKC

    If you're looking for a teammate for HvV or GA, send me an invite online.

    XBOX Gamertag: GodKC
This discussion has been closed.