criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Rounds don't last long at all?

Been playing nearly all day and by far its a great game! (despite the reddit ragings)

However... the rounds don't last that long. Some rounds ends too quickly before you can buy other strong classes.

Tickets need to be increased by 500 or something. 100 is stupid way too short.

I don't know. This is how I feel though. Thoughts?

Replies

• Agreed. This desperately needs changed. Matches are over before you can earn a hero sometimes. Hope this will be fixed in first update
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Agreed. This desperately needs changed. Matches are over before you can earn a hero sometimes. Hope this will be fixed in first update

Good to know that someone agrees. I don't expect things to be changed instantly.

Of course, this game is still brand new and things will change later on.
  • I think galactic assault with walkers are good in terms of time cause it's impossible to break that thing down quickly, but the maps without them are way too short. First objectives are hard and even if the attack team complete them it's easy for the defenders to kill a lot of enemies, so, they enter second stage of the map without enough tickets.

I think those maps are designed to be short, but yeah, I feel some tweaking is needed. A timer, more tickets or something like that. Not only we want to play more in those maps, it's also frustrating sometimes to be an attackers.

In walker maps you feel you have a chance to get to the final point. That stage it's going to be hard, ok, but you have a chance. But in the other maps you kinda know you are gonna fail. Need something cause it's one of two major game modes of the game, we need a proper experience across all maps on Galactic Assault: if you are trying to keep community together with a few game modes, give us a good and balance experience in every map, or at least majority, not only half of them.
  • Yeah, the rounds seem too short. Also I find myself not buying reinforcements because for some stupid reason I also get less battlepoints when playing them, making it take even longer to get heroes. Every game I see only a few turbonerds get enough points to buy several heroes or just hold onto them. And when I finally get a hero at the last stage they die almost instantly because everyone is cramped up on the objective.
  • #BringbackSupremacy
    Need my scanner fixed please
  • Or we have options to choose from 100, 250, 500, 700 and 900 tickets match. I haven't yet played the game (waiting for 17.11) but i think such a system will be well received from all the players.
  • Fugana wrote: »
    Or we have options to choose from 100, 250, 500, 700 and 900 tickets match. I haven't yet played the game (waiting for 17.11) but i think such a system will be well received from all the players.

Well said.
  • I was wrong yesterday, I guess didn't play enough on those short maps (they are not that hard at beginning). I think the better solution could be giving more tickets and also increasing the amount of time you need to complete objectives. So, you have time to do it but attackers are not OP.

And totally agree with Fugana. Supremacy was for me the best game mode out there in Battlefront 2015. So much fun. Turning point also was pretty fun, more than Walker Assault.
  • They are way to short, how are we supposed to get the 75% reduced credits to unlock content, if the matches won't last long enough to earn the credits.
  • You get the right team on Starfighter Assault its over Phase 1...

Plus the unit count doesn't freeze between phases, we ended phase 1 with 124 ships, by the time phase 2 began it was down to 100. A big chunk of the forces gone before the phase even starts?
  • Xathian
    4 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Yeah I noticed this the first day, the matches feel like they end way too fast. Most of the time I only ever see maybe 2 heroes per team because only a couple people per game can play hard enough to reach 8000 before it ends. This also has the knock on effect of making a lot of people never use the middle cost units or star ships and such because spending 600-3000 points on them can completely break their chances of getting a hero out that match unless they're playing top notch.

If this game had server options with 500 or more tickets I would be all over that. I wouldn't mind rounds lasting several times longer, just means more chances to push the objectives and more heroes for everyone to get to play per match.