criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission

performance doesn't affect credit payout

NightFury
1129 posts Member
edited November 2017
The longer the match is, the more credits you earn. I played two games, both in the 15k point range. One game was 10mins the other was 20mins. Received 350 for the 10 and 500 for the 20. Only way to unlock things is to let the game drag out and not play objectives. That or pay to get crystals to unlock.

It's still p2w. They made it sound good at first making it seem that it wasn't. Little did we know, this credit system is their way of maintaining p2w secretly. Unless they bring back 2015 credit system where score divided by 10 was your payout, all their words will have just been a way to shut us up.

Replies

• Basically, Suck at the game and get the most out of it.
  • Basically, Suck at the game and get the most out of it.

It almost feels intentional, as if they made credits hard to earn to force players to put real money in. That or they have that, 'everyone's a winner mindset'.
  • I thought there was going to be a system in place... that's what the devs hinted at.
  • Guess not. Its EA of course. But for a company like Dice who encourages to play the objective, this is a very sad 180.
  • Vish121
    327 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    The math and your reasoning contradict each other. According to your numbers if you played six 10 minute rounds you would have an hourly credit rate of 2100 but if you played three 20 minute you would have an hourly credit rate of 1500, thus your hourly rate is better the quicker you complete the match, i.e. playing the objective

Although I agree the BF1 credit system was by far superior.
    Post edited by Vish121 on
  • Well. I hope it's an oversight. Because it wont be long before people catch wind and start a riot.
  • Well that sucks. Above everything that’s probably the one thing that’s disappointing me the most, I don’t want an arbitrary payout, I want to know that shooting this one last guy before the round ends is going to net me a measurable bit of change in my pocket.
  • Dash
    11627 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Well that sucks. Above everything that’s probably the one thing that’s disappointing me the most, I don’t want an arbitrary payout, I want to know that shooting this one last guy before the round ends is going to net me a measurable bit of change in my pocket.

Sam point them in my post’s direction. I covered it there. The points Performance/Objective score/Time in Match hasn’t been patched in yet. Guys CHILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. Hope you guys are enjoying yourselves. Back to the game. Much love.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Well that sucks. Above everything that’s probably the one thing that’s disappointing me the most, I don’t want an arbitrary payout, I want to know that shooting this one last guy before the round ends is going to net me a measurable bit of change in my pocket.

Sam point them in my post’s direction. I covered it there. The points Performance/Objective score/Time in Match hasn’t been patched in yet. Guys CHILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. Hope you guys are enjoying yourselves. Back to the game. Much love.

I really hope credits get an adjustment. I don't see why the bf15 system wasn't used. Game is still fun though. Starfighters are done so much better this time.
  • Dennis said that credit payouts will be based on performance, and that they are looking at different ways to make it performance based. Relax. Enjoy life. It's a game.
  • Dennis said that credit payouts will be based on performance, and that they are looking at different ways to make it performance based. Relax. Enjoy life. It's a game.

I think you’re thinking of Reddit, this is already a completely relaxed conversation.

I think you’re thinking of Reddit, this is already a completely relaxed conversation.

I'm triggered by "p2w" garbage.
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    NightFury wrote: »
    Only way to unlock things is to let the game drag out and not play objectives.

Or you can let your game idle in the background. Place a rubber band on your analog stick or program a macro to fire every few seconds so you don't time out. Run it overnight and you'll be rich.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Blazur wrote: »

Or you can let your game idle in the background. Place a rubber band on your analog stick or program a macro to fire every few seconds so you don't time out. Run it overnight and you'll be rich.

LOL that's actually an interesting idea....

LOL you've just summed up SW BF2 2017 congrats
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member

They allowed for a system which is easy to exploit and should have never made it past QA. Abuse it while you can.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • fires
    301 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Blazur wrote: »

They allowed for a system which is easy to exploit and should have never made it past QA. Abuse it while you can.

you actually made my day with your comment. Thanks mate. :)

I did that on an old jRPG called Mu Online. Jammed a VHS cassette on my right mouse button to cast an attack spell where the low level mobs spawned and went to bed for eight hours. #profit

I did that on an old jRPG called Mu Online. Jammed a VHS cassette on my right mouse button to cast an attack spell where the low level mobs spawned and went to bed for eight hours. #profit

LOL
  • Dennis said that credit payouts will be based on performance, and that they are looking at different ways to make it performance based.

lies-deception-everyday-more-lies.jpg
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    My Concepts
    Clone Skin Changes | Clone Customisation & Menu | Empire Customisation & Menu
  • NightFury wrote: »
    The longer the match is, the more credits you earn. I played two games, both in the 15k point range. One game was 10mins the other was 20mins. Received 350 for the 10 and 500 for the 20. Only way to unlock things is to let the game drag out and not play objectives. That or pay to get crystals to unlock.

It's still p2w. They made it sound good at first making it seem that it wasn't. Little did we know, this credit system is their way of maintaining p2w secretly. Unless they bring back 2015 credit system where score divided by 10 was your payout, all their words will have just been a way to shut us up.

Actually based on the numbers you gave, you'd be better off finishing each match quickly. Two 10 minute matches would have gotten you 700 credits, whereas one 20 minute match got you 500.
  • Orblivion wrote: »

Actually based on the numbers you gave, you'd be better off finishing each match quickly. Two 10 minute matches would have gotten you 700 credits, whereas one 20 minute match got you 500.

So in game performance doesn't matter. Then let one side win fast and everyone gets the same credits, rinse and repeat. Doing well in game does nothing to improve credits. That's the issue. Doesn't matter if you do well or not.
    Orblivion wrote: »

So in game performance doesn't matter. Then let one side win fast and everyone gets the same credits, rinse and repeat. Doing well in game does nothing to improve credits. That's the issue. Doesn't matter if you do well or not.

There's no data in this post to support that. Just because you play one match faster does not explicitly mean you played it better. By your own admission both games were in the 15k point range, so we can assume that your performance was relatively similar match to match, one just took twice as long, which would explain pretty simply why you got more credits in that single instance.

Not here to burn, just to clarify the math.
  • Siran_Kari wrote: »

There's no data in this post to support that. Just because you play one match faster does not explicitly mean you played it better. By your own admission both games were in the 15k point range, so we can assume that your performance was relatively similar match to match, one just took twice as long, which would explain pretty simply why you got more credits in that single instance.

That's the whole point. You seem to not understand what the issue is. At the moment, number of matches and time spent is how you earn credits. What I'm asking for is for credits awarded through performance regardless of time and matches played. If I played a match that I got 30k points on I should be making more credits than playing 3 matches totaling 20k points. This is not the case with the current game.
  • Regardless, I'm not noticing much difference, I wish they give a credit breakdown like they did in the last game.
  • Was able to test out more of the credit system after getting enough people to play strike.
    For one hour of actual playtime, not including loading times. Each game was played with no one killing each other, only points obtained were from picking up and dropping off. The first event was 5 minutes of standing around and last minute was one person grab and go to complete the match. Total minutes per match 6 minutes exactly. 10 matches in total. Everyone had received 1500 credits.
    Second test was similar but with 10 minutes of total play during the match for 6 matches. Both 1 hour of playtime. The result was 3000 credits.
    At this point, sitting around and playing the last five minutes of a match, or dragging it out as much as possible will help to unlock things the fastest. Take advantage of it while you can. It's p2w, or rather, it's pay to progress.
  • Thanks for the info. So the main objective is to make the match last as long as possible? I'm going to think about baseball while I'm playing then.
    "I'm Luke Skywalker. I'm here to rescue you!"
    Siran_Kari wrote: »

That's the whole point. You seem to not understand what the issue is. At the moment, number of matches and time spent is how you earn credits. What I'm asking for is for credits awarded through performance regardless of time and matches played. If I played a match that I got 30k points on I should be making more credits than playing 3 matches totaling 20k points. This is not the case with the current game.

The amount of time a match takes is going to affect how many credits you get regardless of your performance. The longer it takes, the more chances you have to continue to acquire points to whatever degree of success you were before.

Concerning the 30k in one game vs 20k in 3; I see what you mean. My guess is that every match has a sort of ‘participation award’ in terms of credits and then adds performance bonuses on top of it. If that’s the case, then what it sounds like is that the benefit/reward for good performance needs to be increased accordingly.