criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Welcome to the Star Wars Battlefront Forums. To help eliminate spam and fake accounts, you must have a linked EA account and own Star Wars Battlefront I or II to post on the relevant game boards.

Have issues posting, but own the game? Log out completely and clear your browser cache, cookies, and temp files, then restart the browser.

Pre-Order & Deluxe Edition Bonuses for Account of Purchase Only???

Prev1
gabrielgclopes
2 posts Member
edited November 14
Please, I need help... I'm very disappointed. I bought the Deluxe Edition in my mainly PS4 account, but was expecting to get the bonuses in all other accounts in my PS4, because I always buy in one account and play in the other. Today, when I entered the game, I didn't receive any bonuses in the account I play. There was no text in the buying area specifying that the bonuses were only for the account of the purchase. I always do this in other games and never had a problem, including Battlefront (2015)... I really want this. I payed a lot more so I could get this bonuses...
Post edited by gabrielgclopes on

Replies

• The same has happened to me, except the game was an early christmas present for my wife and I paid the extra so she could access the bonus content (I don't mind if I can't access it). I spoke to somebody at EA and while he was very helpful and polite, he said my account was not showing eligibility for the content, despite the unopened crates sitting on my main menu, so I'm off to chat to Sony... have you opened any crates on your account of purchase gab?
  • Old_fella_1963
    2734 posts Member
    edited November 14
    Post back on updates please :-) same problem here eg OLD ID was my Historical PS Store Buy account ID but I play these days with a sub account ID

My Situation : 9 Crates appeared on the purchase ID login, BUT just the Founders/Newsletter/Daily crate appeared on my sub account
  • I contacted Sony concerning the issue and got nowhere at all, going to try EA again later... I only had 8 crates appear on my account, so seems I may be missing something too? never had this problem with any other purchases...
  • I contacted Sony concerning the issue and got nowhere at all, going to try EA again later... I only had 8 crates appear on my account, so seems I may be missing something too? never had this problem with any other purchases...

Tried to talk with EA people and they told me I can't get the crates because it only goes to the account of the purchase. They say it goes to all accounts only if it's DLCs... don't agree!

Tried to talk with EA people and they told me I can't get the crates because it only goes to the account of the purchase. They say it goes to all accounts only if it's DLCs... don't agree!

That is not true because I have Battlefield 1 premium and my wifes account recieves all of the benefits including the crates; at best this is simply an oversight, at worst pure greed.

I was after midnight and I am OLD so cannot be 100% sure it was 9 ;-)
  • Xbox has same issue. We have a 'main account' and then a couple 'me only' accounts for myself and my sons. Never had an issue with bonus content before buying games on the main account and getting the goodies on the sub accounts. I don't have time over the next couple days to call about video game stuff, but hoping Friday the sub accounts will get some extra loot boxes...
  • Same issues here,the account that was used to buy it had extra caches for every multiplayer class but on the account I use there only were one for playing the beta and 2 more i think
  • I pre-ordered, I got the code for the BETA but is the Yoda Epic Lightsaber Mastery Star Card tied to this BETA code (is it the same/one code for both)?
  • So I am currently talking to an EA agent who does not even understand his product. He said that the bonus content for pre-order is only available on the main account (so 1 account). I have reviewed all advertising and the code sheet and no where does it state that this will be the case. That multiple accounts must purchase multiple games to receive the code. But he said that is the case. I explained that this is greedy on EA's account as well as false advertising. And it would be a shame to let their greed end Battlefront 2 before it was even released. He is now apologizing and escalating my case to his supervisor, so we'll see how this goes.
  • Same thing happened to me. I just opened the pre-order crates on one account and called Microsoft for a refund on the game. They gave it to me no questions asked because I haven't got a refund for a game in a year. I bought the digital deluxe edition on my main account and got all the loot. That's how I worked around this issue.
  • I spent over an hour chatting with both a customer support representative and their supervisor today about this issue and got absolutely nowhere. Kept telling me they had a resolution for me but their resolution was that there was nothing they could do. It became extremely infuriating as the conversation went on. It appears that EA does not understand or care how this is a problem nor that other games do not restrict content to the main account only.
    If anyone is able to get a different resolution I would love to hear about it.
  • Nope, I kept getting a similar response, just dancing me around and telling me this is how it is supposed to be. I could tell by the way he was talking, though, that he knows nothing about this game at all. And when he finally put me on with his supervisor, his supervisor did the same thing and then actually hung up on me. I am beyond infuriated with the way EA is handling this.
  • I have the same problem. I bough the game for me and my partner, but only I have access to the extras cos I set it up on mine first. Absolutely disgusting! Sent and email and got a one sentence reply of "elite extras works for one account t only"! Unbelievable! Such a waste of money! How would I go about getting a refund? I pre-ordered through Game, but have obviously used the code?? Will Microsoft do anything in this case? I am really mad, it is total false advertising! Feel like I've been proper scammed!
  • Is this a new thing? I haven't seen it personally, but it used to just be how all DLC worked in general. The account that bought it has access while the others didn't.

The way we always got around it back in the day was just play on the same account if you want those DLC items. I'm not trying to be a jerk, it just seems odd to me that you expect to buy once but get to use the items in as many accounts as you want.

The only other gamer in my household is my wife, and because of her work she can't play games much anymore, but back in the days of the XB360 and PS3 this was something we ran into all the time.
  • Is this a new thing? I haven't seen it personally, but it used to just be how all DLC worked in general. The account that bought it has access while the others didn't.

The way we always got around it back in the day was just play on the same account if you want those DLC items. I'm not trying to be a jerk, it just seems odd to me that you expect to buy once but get to use the items in as many accounts as you want.

I can use Killer Instinct as an example. I bought Shadow Jago when he was released for the community fundraiser with my 'main' account. All of the 'sub' accounts had access to him. I bought the ultra editions on my 'main' account, and all the 'sub' accounts had all the skins and extras available to them. I bought Kilgore on my sub account, and my main account along with my son's account had access to him. Etc, you get the point, as stated above, even BF1 did exactly what is not happening here.

This I feel is what is leading to confusion and the expectation of having those extras available across multiple family accounts on one console. I preordered in September the elite deluxe edition for myself and my kids. I don't want to have all of my 12 year olds friends on my friends list so he can play with Kylo unmasked because he's into skins and whatnot. If I had known, I would've just bought it on his account. At least let me xfer the stuff to his gamer tag...

I can use Killer Instinct as an example. I bought Shadow Jago when he was released for the community fundraiser with my 'main' account. All of the 'sub' accounts had access to him. I bought the ultra editions on my 'main' account, and all the 'sub' accounts had all the skins and extras available to them. I bought Kilgore on my sub account, and my main account along with my son's account had access to him. Etc, you get the point, as stated above, even BF1 did exactly what is not happening here.

This I feel is what is leading to confusion and the expectation of having those extras available across multiple family accounts on one console. I preordered in September the elite deluxe edition for myself and my kids. I don't want to have all of my 12 year olds friends on my friends list so he can play with Kylo unmasked because he's into skins and whatnot. If I had known, I would've just bought it on his account. At least let me xfer the stuff to his gamer tag...

That's totally understandable, I was just generally curious, because like I said it seemed like this was just the way used to be done. I'm not against letting people change the account that has it, or even to share it amongst accounts on the same box.

It's nice that most games let you share this kind of content now. For all the bad stuff people say about the games industry that's certainly a change for the positive that I never seen anyone mention. Thanks for the explanation Jam! You guys now have my support, which while useless is still a nice thing to have :p
  • I am having the same issues here. I share my Xbox console with my brother and we usually buy all games on his account, and we both get to enjoy the same perks in every game, except now on Battlefront 2. As stated before, even Battlefield 1, which is also an EA game, doesn't have this ridiculous sharing problem. Not only we are not able to share the deluxe crates, but also the pre-order ones, which are now gone even if I get a refund and re-buy the deluxe version in my account.

I find it really annoying that EA actually didn't mention that fact anywhere on the MS Store or even at their website, my only hope is that EA actually gives some attention to this topic and fix this as soon as possible. That is just a very greedy and cheap strategy that no company should adopt. At least make it clear that only purchasing accounts will get the bonuses. This strategy is extremely bad for their reputation and I am sure a lot of players are having second thoughts about getting "deluxe" versions games from them again.

I bet that a lot of players are having issues just like we are, and I hope everyone at least post on this topic to make it the more relevant to EA.
  • Shorts
    4 posts Member
    edited November 16
    I completely agree. I will not be buying any extras from EA again, disgraceful and dishonest as not advertised as such anywhere first. Even the box of the game says elite trooper version, meaning the extra content is with the game, not just for one user.
  • I'm very disappointed and sad too. The same here, i have a PS4 Pro and preorder the digital deluxe months ago. I have an ID just for buying games (don't use) and another ID just for play with the trophies etc.
    I have the bonus crates unopened in the old account, so disappointed, NEVER will preorder a EA game again and NEVER will buy a deluxe EA edition again.
    I preorder/bought the Battlefield 1 Ultimate edition (120 USD) years ago and all was fine in my two accounts.
    Why this new policy of just one account getting the bonus???? Please EA word on this soon...
    It's not the money lost, is the disappointing wrong decisions with the gamers than spend more in your products (an advise: these are the gamers you will need care a lot :wink: )
    Sorry my poor english.
    Best Regards to all the community
  • Just spoke to EA help desk, very unhelpful! Spoke to supervisor who actually cut me off! Unbelievable! Basically they don't give a **** that many people have been ripped off by this. Such poor customer service. Soon as I said I wanted to make a formal complaint, they cut me off! Disgraceful! EA sort yourself out!!
  • Only my second post, love the way this game looks so far. Although, just found out about the pre-order bonus issue as I’m setting this game up on my sons account. This game was a gift for my 9yr old son, pre-ordered months ago because the extras were a special gift. I don’t see the pre-order bonuses on his account and am really frustrated about this. If this is an EA issue, they really screwed up. If your going to set it up this way don’t count on a large majority or people to pre-order. The extras should always be awarded to multiple accounts on a single machine. Hope they figure this out quickly and give the extras to each account or they are going to see a pile of returns coming through...
  • I bought the game through Game and apparently can't return it as the code has been used. So there are probably many like me who have been sold something different to what they expected and can't even return it :(
  • I'm having the same issue. I'm ticked.
  • Please, I need help... I'm very disappointed. I bought the Deluxe Edition in my mainly PS4 account, but was expecting to get the bonuses in all other accounts in my PS4, because I always buy in one account and play in the other. Today, when I entered the game, I didn't receive any bonuses in the account I play. There was no text in the buying area specifying that the bonuses were only for the account of the purchase. I always do this in other games and never had a problem, including Battlefront (2015)... I really want this. I payed a lot more so I could get this bonuses...
    Same here. I preordered the Deluxe Edition and didn't get my bonuses
This discussion has been closed.