criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Yoda's Epic Lightsaber Mastery Star Card

Quick question: what does it do?
We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames

Replies

  • Not much. A reduction in stamina cost for lightsaber swings. Essentially one or two more before you can't swing anymore for a short while. Worthless and going to be replaced by me the second I get another Yoda card.
  • It also increases your block time, I find it very useful
  • Tomm3hgunn
    420 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Not much. A reduction in stamina cost for lightsaber swings. Essentially one or two more before you can't swing anymore for a short while. Worthless and going to be replaced by me the second I get another Yoda card.

    This is false information.
    The "stamina" circle in the middle is mainly for two things; 1. blocking 2. "auto aim hitting"

    Blocking: When it depletes, you can't block anymore

    "AutoAim Hitting": When the circle depletes, your hits aren't going to be locked to your target, so you have to aim it your self. Think about the frenzy ability Kylo Ren has; this is what I mean by auto aim hitting.
  • I've been destroying people with my little green friend! Waited 12 years to play him again
  • Yoda drains 15% less stamina when swinging his lightsaber. I think they under-tuned a lot of legendary defensive/stamina star cards. Too little of a benefit. That may help Yoda swing his saber once more before his stamina bar overheats. That’s not a major benefit that you’d expect from a legendary card
  • rollind24
    5860 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Landeaux wrote: »
    Yoda drains 15% less stamina when swinging his lightsaber. I think they under-tuned a lot of legendary defensive/stamina star cards. Too little of a benefit. That may help Yoda swing his saber once more before his stamina bar overheats. That’s not a major benefit that you’d expect from a legendary card

    Taking more of a look at most of these legendary card perks are making me laugh about the worry of p2w. Not trying to derail this thread, just pointing it out.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    Landeaux wrote: »
    Yoda drains 15% less stamina when swinging his lightsaber. I think they under-tuned a lot of legendary defensive/stamina star cards. Too little of a benefit. That may help Yoda swing his saber once more before his stamina bar overheats. That’s not a major benefit that you’d expect from a legendary card

    Taking more of a look at most of these legendary card perks are making me laugh about the worry of p2w. Not trying to derail this thread, just pointing it out.

    Small rant incoming:
    Remember when Maul had a card that reduced damage taken for a few seconds when he spun? It was like 40% reduction; similarly, Fett had one that reduced damage when using barrage by 100%. Some certain youtubers complained that it was incentivizing P2W (don’t ask how they connected those dots). So what did DICE do to appease them? Gutted the cards. Maul, Luke, and Boba only receive 15% damage reduction from such legendary cards now. If I’m going to obtain a legendary card, I want it to be meaningful. It doesn’t have to be OP. I think 20-25% damage reduction for a few seconds while or after using the ability is reasonable. I can agree that 100% reduction is ridiculous and even 40% is a lot but what use do those cards have to me now? People are going to rather buff the damage of their abilities already so why make the defensive cards weak? That just gives one more reason to stay away from defensive cards and build full offensive...
  • Let me list some legendary defensive/stamina cards that are for Luke, Maul, Boba, and Yoda. Tell me if y’all would even bother with those cards:

    -Rush gives Luke 15% damage reduction for three seconds
    -Luke’s melee strikes and blaster deflections drain 10% less stamina
    -Yoda’s saber swings drain 15% less stamina
    -Yoda receives 8 overall less damage
    -Boba takes 15% less damage when firing barrage
    -Maul’s melee strikes drain 12% less stamina (he doesn’t even use stamina; no bar shows up when swinging)
    -Maul’s abilities charge 10% faster
    -Maul spins and receive 16% damage reduction from blasters

    Are those cards enticing? Do they seem like they’re legendary cards?
  • Landeaux wrote: »
    Let me list some legendary defensive/stamina cards that are for Luke, Maul, Boba, and Yoda. Tell me if y’all would even bother with those cards:

    -Rush gives Luke 15% damage reduction for three seconds
    -Luke’s melee strikes and blaster deflections drain 10% less stamina
    -Yoda’s saber swings drain 15% less stamina
    -Yoda receives 8 overall less damage
    -Boba takes 15% less damage when firing barrage
    -Maul’s melee strikes drain 12% less stamina (he doesn’t even use stamina; no bar shows up when swinging)
    -Maul’s abilities charge 10% faster
    -Maul spins and receive 16% damage reduction from blasters

    Are those cards enticing? Do they seem like they’re legendary cards?

    Those seem like rare cards, at best. Not even rare, maybe very good uncommon. WTH?

    Also, it was 60% dmg reduction before (for a second, so that wasn't even that big of an issue). As for Boba's Death from Above, where I believe he took 100% less damage from attacks while flying and shooting the Missile Barrage, that kinda had to be nerfed. Invulnerability isn't ever good for balance. However, I could see it maybe giving 80% damage reduction. But 15%?! At EPIC (I think it's epic, or Legendary, same thing)?!
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

    "It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!