criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

Heros and Villians in the current build

DaveKikAz
113 posts Member
edited November 2017
Anyone regardless of skill find the heros need just a little more damage resistance. I do pretty good with heros and I just personally think they could use a slight buff to add more to the value of playing as them. I don’t want invincible heros but I don’t want squishy one either. Looking for a good middle ground... thoughts?

Replies

• Tomm3hgunn
    420 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    No, heroes are fine the way they are, especially with the right cards.
  • Well each to their own but I’ve seen heros go down too fast, same for tanks and other reinforcements they just don’t pack the punch as good as they could while remaining balanced and not too op.
  • JohnnyMercury
    22 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    My only complaint with HvV is when fighting gets hectic, Boba uses his concussion or missles or your in sand the particle buildup, making it impossible to see.

There are a few heroes that need tweaked to be better (Emperor and Iden Versio come to mind) but the mode itself is fabulous.
  • bfloo
    15725 posts Member
    My biggest gripe is that the heroes end up going Rambo all the time while the villains stay together. :(
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I also think that they are pretty good in their current state.

ALTHOUGH (just my opinions)

1) Palpatine is a reallly weak choice right now when compared to the others. His damage output/utility is just not good and doesnt feel right. (He was much better in the first game)
    2) Luke and Vader should have the same HP (they are arguably the most iconic characters from star wars, so they should be equally as strong)
    3) some minor tweaks to damage/health/abilities should be looked at for characters like Boba, Lando, etc. Because I can tell you right now in Heroes v. Villains, the lightsaber heroes dominate.
  • 0Skywalker wrote: »
    Palpatine is a reallly weak choice right now when compared to the others. His damage output/utility is just not good and doesnt feel right.

I'd have to respectfully disagree with you there. I played Palpy a lot in Heroes vs Villains last night and this morning before I crashed and I thought he was rather balanced. His defense doesn't seem as good when compared to others but that can be tweaked. Just gotta know how to use his abilities to the best utility. Zipping around shooting lightning and using the Dark Aura is a blast, as well as Chain lighting before you land then continuing the assault. He just needs a bit of cards to help him, like the Rule of Two or In Full Control.
    I also think that they are pretty good in their current state.

1) Palpatine is a reallly weak choice right now when compared to the others. His damage output/utility is just not good and doesnt feel right. (He was much better in the first game)
    2) Luke and Vader should have the same HP (they are arguably the most iconic characters from star wars, so they should be equally as strong)
    3) some minor tweaks to damage/health/abilities should be looked at for characters like Boba, Lando, etc. Because I can tell you right now in Heroes v. Villains, the lightsaber heroes dominate.

1) can't say I agree or disagree, as I haven't played yet
    2) Um, NO WAY! Luke is more agile, and Vader is meant to be a tank.
    3) See 1
    We need a Tier System for the Heroes. It would justify the "op-ness" of Vader over Han and Chewbacca. It would cost much more to unlock Vader, and would require you to save a lot more than for other heroes and vehicles, but it would be rewarding in the end...

"It would essentially ruin the eras and turn them into nothing much more than the same thing and same experience but with a different skin. Which is contrary to the point in having eras in the first place." - ZmanGames

Don’t underestimate the power of the smuggler
  • Othiion wrote: »
    0Skywalker wrote: »
    Palpatine is a reallly weak choice right now when compared to the others. His damage output/utility is just not good and doesnt feel right.

I'd have to respectfully disagree with you there. I played Palpy a lot in Heroes vs Villains last night and this morning before I crashed and I thought he was rather balanced. His defense doesn't seem as good when compared to others but that can be tweaked. Just gotta know how to use his abilities to the best utility. Zipping around shooting lightning and using the Dark Aura is a blast, as well as Chain lighting before you land then continuing the assault. He just needs a bit of cards to help him, like the Rule of Two or In Full Control.

I totally understand this, which is why I said he seems weak compared to the other heroes (I also think he should get his block back from BF1 instead of having 2 attack hands. I mean come on, hes the emperor, how could he not block?! lol)
    1) can't say I agree or disagree, as I haven't played yet
    2) Um, NO WAY! Luke is more agile, and Vader is meant to be a tank.
    3) See 1
    Yeah, I guess they're fine as is, but I still think Luke should have a bit more than 700 hp. Maybe not 900 like Vader but definitely a little more. (But remember, those were all just my opinions, no one has to agree with them)
    EL_T1007 wrote: »
    Don’t underestimate the power of the smuggler

"Never tell me the odds!" Hahahaha, dont worry I don't. (Thats why I didnt mention Han because he can actually mow down most characters easily)
  • Hobocommand3r
    83 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I think they are fine. Palpatine's ligtning attacks need to drain less stamina though and he really should have a block, he's the sith emperor ffs.

They should buff chewbacca's standard attack as well. The 3000 point wookie warrior has a better basic attack than chewie has.

I think 800 health for Luke would be perfect.
  • Othiion wrote: »
    0Skywalker wrote: »

Yeah the Emperor’s really annoying to deal with in HvV due to CC. Seems like his Aura is always off of cooldown
  • Nithorian
    183 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Having played a good few rounds of HvV, I can see that Vader is the overall strongest, but not unbeatable. However 1v1 if the players are both good then your not taking down Vader.

Luke has enough HP, his issue is his damage, Vader's 900 HP is great, and he has a star card to increase that further but its his damage that is so powerful. He can kill Luke faster then Luke can kill him even if Vader starts on less HP then Luke. I think of the two, Luke should deal more damage, or at least be equal to Vader.

Vader's "weakness" is his movement speed, which is still faster then the last game, but a combat rolling Lando can get away from you and keep shooting, and you'll never catch him. Of course a good Vader just deflects Lando so they are stuck at a stalemate, until Vader chokes him.

Now the big issue for HvV, I think is in general the free villains are better then the Heroes, but with the exception of Vader, all the purchased villains aren't up to par. The game mode also plays into the villains hands as well, because each time Boba gets selected as the target, it becomes a nightmare for the hero players, even with two blaster users you wont kill him before he's broken LOS and regened then started jetpacking around again. I don't want to balance heroes around HvV, but I think at least in that mode Boba's health should be lowered.
  • I personally think palpatine needs a buff to damage and all heroes do need either a marginal spawn cost decrease or health buff.
  • The blaster hero’s are far too easy to kill

If I’m any lightsaber hero who can block than I have no issue with them

4/5 good swings and they are toast

It’s very chaotic this version of HvV, initial thoughts are I prefer the last one better, this is literally whoever smashes their buttons faster wins