criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

Reviews wanted please

hey guys im just a few days away from getting this game myself and as no doubt everyone knows about all the EA and battlefront 2 hate these last few days, i know ea fixed most of the issues so im wondering if any owners (dont car about looser here to troll) just want some honest opinions on this and if i should be excited for online?

Replies

• They did an excellent job with the campaign and arcade, and from what I've played so far, all of the heroes are pretty fun to play as, and fairly balanced, as you can go on massive killstreaks with them, just as long as you don't go Rambo with them. My only two complaints are with the concept in the storyline for the campaign, which I'm not going to say much about to avoid spoilers. And how the third phase of galactic assault contains a lot of grenade spamming, which isn't necessarily a bad thing as it forces you to be more aware of your surroundings and the dangers around you.
  • But overall, from my one day of playing it so far, based on my experience playing it so far, I would give it an 8.5 or 9 out of 10.
  • I’d be inclined to give it an 8/10. A lot better than BFront 1. Feels more like a true shooter game now but with the Star Wars experience. Here’s some perspective: I was able to start playing the game at 11 PM on 11/13. I played from the time it was available until about 8 PM last night. Probably had breaks in between totaling one hour LOL.
  • bfloo
    15521 posts Member
    The game is fun to play.

The gameplay in the campaign is good, though shorter than many were hoping for.
    I thought the length was fine, but I rarely finish the longer campaigns in MP games

I haven't really played with the progression system much, but haven't felt at a disadvantage to those who have.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    The game is fun to play.

I thought the length was fine, but I rarely finish the longer campaigns in MP games

I haven't really played with the progression system much, but haven't felt at a disadvantage to those who have.

My issue with the campaign doesn't have to do with the length, but with the storyline harkening back to one theme that we've seen played out so many times in star wars. We saw it with the Jedi Knight series as well as the Force Unleashed series. There were even references to the concept in A New Hope.
  • awesome im glad to hear good thing! and i was hoping there would not be a massive disadvantage with star cards so thats good to hear
  • Before you Buy...Try.
    IMO, It leaves much to be desired. Hero's and Villains are terribly weak. For some reason they drastically slowed Bossk's Relby rate of fire, the light sabers are basically neon swords or staffs ( that don't slice droids). Blasters beams are weak on impact, sound and light effect. To top it all off the most powerful being in the first 6 films has been reduced to a old man that gets off by rubbing his feet across the carpet and giving you a static electricity shock.
    The flight has been improved but I do miss the evasive maneuvers of bf2015.
    To those that complained about the hero kills streaks in bf2015. Take some your own advice . Get Good and you could have slowed those heroes down.
  • The only thing with the star cards is that if you pre-ordered, you get one epic level card for each class, most of which just add small buffs.
  • bfloo
    15521 posts Member
    ARC211092 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »
    The game is fun to play.

My issue with the campaign doesn't have to do with the length, but with the storyline harkening back to one theme that we've seen played out so many times in star wars. We saw it with the Jedi Knight series as well as the Force Unleashed series. There were even references to the concept in A New Hope.

I didn't comment on the story to avoid spoilers for those who are trying to avoid them.

h846398gb27k.png

• ARC211092 wrote: »
    The only thing with the star cards is that if you pre-ordered, you get one epic level card for each class, most of which just add small buffs.

it seems like everything ive heard has been hugely blown out of proportion then
    The game is fun to play.

I didn't comment on the story to avoid spoilers for those who are trying to avoid them.

I'm trying to carefully word what I say to avoid spoilers. I think I did an adequate job of that. Because even with what I said, it won't make sense until you've played through the campaign.
  • bfloo
    15521 posts Member
    I'm getting credits at a good enough rate, for now at least.

If the rate has a severe drop off, I'll worry about it when it happens.

h846398gb27k.png

• simond1 wrote: »
    The only thing with the star cards is that if you pre-ordered, you get one epic level card for each class, most of which just add small buffs.

it seems like everything ive heard has been hugely blown out of proportion then

Yeah, honestly, the most advantageous one is the one that the officer gets for the health boost to nearby teammates, but all it truly does is increase the range on the ability.

as long as its more fun than the 2015 im sold, i really enjoyed that game and sunk a few hundred hours into it
  • The game is great all round.I think you will be impressed with campaign and multiplayer maps are all unique in there own way,It'll take you a day or so to learn maps etc but hang in there it will come to you.

as long as its more fun than the 2015 im sold, i really enjoyed that game and sunk a few hundred hours into it

I loved and still do play the first one. My biggest issue with the first one however, seeing as most of my playtime was in Outer Rim, if someone on the enemy team who knew what they were dounv were playing as Luke or Vader, your team would be screwed.
    simond1 wrote: »

I loved and still do play the first one. My biggest issue with the first one however, seeing as most of my playtime was in Outer Rim, if someone on the enemy team who knew what they were dounv were playing as Luke or Vader, your team would be screwed.

too true, my only issue was no clone wars stuff as i always loved the battles and tech from that era, i just really hope this game wont die out quick on pc due to all the hate :/
  • I was having so much fun with the campaign and arcade. Then i went to multiplayer and it all disappeared. The multiplayer whilst fun leaves much to be desired. Galactic assault isn’t all that. I don’t like the play each side on each map. It gets boring playing the same map again and again. The reduced the amount the hero’s cost but the reduced how much you earn. I earned about 15,000 credits just by playing the campaign and leveled up assault to level 8 just by playing campaign. Gives you a crates for completing the campaign. Space assault is pretty fun. But I’d recommend waiting for a price drop. Not worth full price and seems this game is still a work in progress.

too true, my only issue was no clone wars stuff as i always loved the battles and tech from that era, i just really hope this game wont die out quick on pc due to all the hate :/

I think that if it does go quickly on pc, it would be due to hackers and cheating more than anything. That's why I switched from playing FPSs on pc to playing them on consoles.
  • I've had it since deluxe release. The game is awesome, the classes are awesome, definitely chances for some satisfying kill streaks but not OP. The heroes are ALL awesome, they are surprisingly very balanced, which is a great change from the last game. It is a very satisfying game to play.

Honest blunt feedback: just a few things, first the trooper crate is way too expensive. It's 4000 credits right now. Iden costs 5000... trooper crates shouldn't cost that much. The other crates are 1000...I suggest cutting the trooper crate cost in half.

Next I wish we earned more credits per game, plain and simple, 300 isn't enough when you play an awesome game.

Last, this one is simple, many Galactic Assualt games end way too fast.

It's an awesome game and worth buying.
  • Yes the crates are horrible. Why didn’t they leave them like in the beta?? In the beta they were 2000, 1000 and 1100. Now they’re 4000, 2500 and 2000. And we only earn so little credits. Takes like 50 games just to get one crate. I haven’t spent any credits cause i have a feeling they’ll change it.

I think that if it does go quickly on pc, it would be due to hackers and cheating more than anything. That's why I switched from playing FPSs on pc to playing them on consoles.

hm i might request a refund so i can get it on xbox then as i really dont want the game to die after a few months like battlefield 1
  • I also can't quite put my finger on it but the graphics don't seem as deep and rich. The environment just don't seem like that have much beef or thickness to them as 2015.
  • saltydog wrote: »
    I also can't quite put my finger on it but the graphics don't seem as deep and rich. The environment just don't seem like that have much beef or thickness to them as 2015.

has it changed since beta? i personally dont recall much difference between this game and the first, still looked beautiful (kamino!!!!) however graphics are different for each person viewing so thats more of a variable :) and set up of course are you enjoying the game its self?
  • To be honest I have only played GA and HvV online. Also, played the arcade modes and coop with my wife. I absolutely love it. Multiplayer is satisfying and the learning curve/difficulty is a little steep. Each class has a different style to play with. You can’t just run and gun like BF1 with every class. There’s more strategy to the play. Heroes are a lot of fun and it seems like enough people play as special units as well so that there is a balance. I wish there was chat with the team to coordinate attacks. As of right now - have not played campaign or enough multiplayer - I would give it a 8.5/9 out of 10. All of the complaints about credits and crates seem to be people jumping on a bandwagon because that’s what is popular at the moment. Herd mentality. Have fun if you get it!
  • Graphics: 10/10
    Gameplay: 8/10
    Content: 3/10
    Multiplayer: 9/10
    Offline Bot Play: 1/10
  • Dx55 wrote: »
    To be honest I have only played GA and HvV online. Also, played the arcade modes and coop with my wife. I absolutely love it. Multiplayer is satisfying and the learning curve/difficulty is a little steep. Each class has a different style to play with. You can’t just run and gun like BF1 with every class. There’s more strategy to the play. Heroes are a lot of fun and it seems like enough people play as special units as well so that there is a balance. I wish there was chat with the team to coordinate attacks. As of right now - have not played campaign or enough multiplayer - I would give it a 8.5/9 out of 10. All of the complaints about credits and crates seem to be people jumping on a bandwagon because that’s what is popular at the moment. Herd mentality. Have fun if you get it!

100% getting it as its star wars i was just praying what everyone was saying is not true but it seems like its just bandwagon stuff
  • I don't think so. I agree it is subjective to a certain level but something seems off. There have been a few write ups out there about "chromatic aberration" or whatever it's called. I don't know the technical terms, I just know for me it does not look as "full", "beefy" or "rich" in texture and depth.
  • Get it. A vast improvement over SW:BF2015.

- Starfighter Assault is a hoot. Actually got a little nauseous when rolling to avoid an incoming torpedo.
    - The campaign is good. The story is a little weak and Luke is turned into a bug zapper. Haven't finished it.
    - GC Multiplayer is good. Some maps are so so.

may i ask about low content score? i was under the impression it had three times more stuff or is it just the the three times more stuff is kind of meh?
  • You have some that love it and some that hate it. I am the later.
    With that being said...
    The best advice I can give you.
    Buy a hard copy from a retailer that will either allow you to return it or trade it in if you don't like it.
    If you download it and don't like it or get bored with it you're hosed.
    You have some that love it and some that hate it. I am the later.
    With that being said...
    The best advice I can give you.
    Buy a hard copy from a retailer that will either allow you to return it or trade it in if you don't like it.
    If you download it and don't like it or get bored with it you're hosed.

why do you hate it if i can ask?
  • Just do yourself a favor . If you buy , buy a hard copy.
    Just do yourself a favor . If you buy , buy a hard copy.

i cant imagine myself hating it as i really liked the first and this seems much better
  • That's what I thought. I loved Battlefront 2015 because it was an escape from the average shooter game. I will keep playing Battlefront 2015 till they remove it off the server.

For me
    Game-play 9.0/10
    Content 7.0/10
    Multiplayer 9.5/10
    Offline Bot Play 0.75/10
    Campaign 3/10

Would HIGHLY recommended if you like Multiplayer online would HIGHLY NOT recommend if you are a single-player/ offline couch co-op type of player,
    I no longer use this account or anything Battlefront related as of 08/07/2018.

For me
    Game-play 9.0/10
    Content 7.0/10
    Multiplayer 9.5/10
    Offline Bot Play 0.75/10
    Campaign 3/10

Would HIGHLY recommended if you like Multiplayer online would HIGHLY NOT recommend if you are a single-player/ offline couch co-op type of player,

id probably do the campaign but yeah im more into MP
  • UnacceptablePain
    1593 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Graphics: 10/10

For me
    Game-play 9.0/10
    Content 7.0/10
    Multiplayer 9.5/10
    Offline Bot Play 0.75/10
    Campaign 3/10

You'll love the game then 100% sure , as long as your connection can run other games fine and I can only speak for North America as far as stable servers go. Would recommend console unless you are already dedicated to PC as for hackers lurking on PC a lot. Also I play PS4 because it has more players and more noobs/diverse player types with the biggest population.
    I no longer use this account or anything Battlefront related as of 08/07/2018.
    Graphics: 10/10

For me
    Game-play 9.0/10
    Content 7.0/10
    Multiplayer 9.5/10
    Offline Bot Play 0.75/10
    Campaign 3/10

You'll love the game then 100% sure , as long as your connection can run other games fun and I can only speak for North America as far as stable servers go. Would recommend console unless you are already dedicated to PC as for hackers lurking on PC a lot. Also I play PS4 because it has more players and more noobs/diverse layer types with the biggest population.

ah i own both a high end pc and the new xbox , currently pre ordered on pc, but ea said tomorrow is my last day to refund so i shall see what my team mates are doing
  • Talyn856
    756 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    It'd be a 9 out of 10 from me if it weren't for being a little disappointed in the campaign length and quality, and obviously the progression system is a complete dumpster fire.

In its current state, probably a 6/10. Better than the last one, nowhere near as good as it could be. That might change with updates.

The best thing they could do right now to fix my grievances is remove Star Cards from loot crates completely, replace them with cosmetic features with a lot of variety, and increase the credit gain from matches, especially focusing on changing the system so that you're rewarded for good play. The credit system from the first game would work well: a certain % of your BP score is converted to credits at the end of a match. This way, buying loot crates only gives you a competitive advantage in that you're able to craft more Star Cards, which is already the case: completely eliminates the RNG aspect of progression, since you're guaranteed to get at least X crafting materials in each crate, and would, I think, help alleviate a lot of the pay to win concerns.

If they did that, it'd probably be an 8 or 9 out of 10 from me. My only gripes left at that point are the campaign length and quality, lack of voice chat (can't coordinate squad effectively), and some minor visual and sound issues that are inconsistent with Star Wars lore.
    giphy.gif
  • Did you like Bossk in 2015?
    They changed the rate of fire of his Relby. It shoots much slower now like a shotgun.
    Did you like Bossk in 2015?
    They changed the rate of fire of his Relby. It shoots much slower now like a shotgun.

nah thought bossk was kind of a waste of a slot so didnt really use him to much
  • Well , Bossk is there and not near as impressive as 2015. Speed on his feet and with a trigger are what made him so deadly.

Did you like the visuals(light emitted) and sounds of the blasters on 2015?
    That's very different too.
    I went to see A New Hope in the theater the week it originally opened.
    Part of the lure of Star Wars was the way the blasters lit up the screen and pwewww, pwewwww as they hissed through the air.
    They missed the mark on this game. I was a sucker and bought the download early. I am hoping that is something they correct.
  • Casscaden
    987 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Depends on what you like, if you likes the 1st game you am not be thrilled with this one, if you hated battlefront 15 you may love this one. To me this one has what feels like a cap for great play, it’s slowed from the 1st. Again all depends on what you like.

Graphics: 7

Campaign: 10- because there is one.

Heroes Villians: 5, it’s not as thought out and as refined as I expected, heroes feel easy and less important, feels more like a 2005 arcade mode which isn’t necessarily a bad thing.

Multiplayer/gunplay: 3. Poor, made for the masses and that’s ok, that’s what sells. Don’t see the competitive type guys staying around long, but great for the weekend gamer. So it’s a 10 for those guys. Again, just different views.

Content: 4. Almost no infrantry modes and no choice of map, forced to play rotation or leave.

Offline play: 8, For me it’s actually one of the best parts so far, I am given the choice to play where and with whom I like. Great job.

Feels like a game that try’s to make great played good and make bad players good, that way we’re all the same. So for me it’s a disadvantage for top players and an advantage for weaker players. Again it’s all what you like, what stinks for one is great for the another, and at least we have a starwars game and that’s always good, to I wish it the best.