criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

you guys need to sort out these youtubers and review sites

just been browsing reviews and youtubers videos, most of them are flat out lying about the game, if they are not lying then they are using old outdated info to try and get people to boycott

Replies

• It's not up to them to sort it. It's up to the educated consumer to sort out everything or at the very least, give the game a try before buying.
  • simond1
    235 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    CallMeDeee wrote: »
    It's not up to them to sort it. It's up to the educated consumer to sort out everything or at the very least, give the game a try before buying.

true but you when you have big youtubers and popular review sites flat out lying to turn players off thats just scummy at this rate there will be no players to play with
  • Not as scummy as EA’s attempt to take more of our money by way of loot crates.
  • I’ve read a couple reviews and noticed that the person writing does not know what they are talking when talking about crates and hasn’t played the game.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • Not as scummy as EA’s attempt to take more of our money by way of loot crates.

1) Loot crates are not mandatory for you to buy with real money just play the game.

2) Its a business you need to make money somehow and with free DLC it isn't Season pass.

3) Would you rather have a season pass which cost the price of a new game?
  • CallMeDeee wrote: »
    It's not up to them to sort it. It's up to the educated consumer to sort out everything or at the very least, give the game a try before buying.

This. I've seen polarizing views from youtubers. Some loathe the p2w aspect and openly chastise it (xfactor), while others downplay its significance. Either way the game play should speak for itself and be the definitive choice.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.

That's simply not true. Remember, a lot of youtubers are more than willing to say anything for those clicks and that sweet sweet ad revenue. That's why they all make exactly the same video without doing any independent investigation. Nothing makes as much bank for youtubers as cultivating gamer rage.

All that being said, Dice shouldn't do anything about it, because even if they were in the right(which I think is not the case here) it's just going to start an even larger controversy by trying to get rid if unfavorable videos, even if those videos are inaccurate(which I'm not saying they are, I don't watch rage vids anymore so I can't speak to the actual content of these particular videos.)
  • xJstarx00 wrote: »
    Not as scummy as EA’s attempt to take more of our money by way of loot crates.

1) Loot crates are not mandatory for you to buy with real money just play the game.

2) Its a business you need to make money somehow and with free DLC it isn't Season pass.

1) not mandatory to buy, but others will buy and leave you in the dust. There’s already players with 30-40 class levels. Some of the star cards make a difference. Like gain health for each kill, faster weapon cool down, and so on.

2) other companies are businesses. You don’t see them ripping us off as much as EA. The model EA is using is similar to Ubisoft’s rainbow six siege. You earn 200-300 credits per match, 25,000 to unlock an operator. But guess what. The main game didn’t have any lack content. You can either buy the season pass and have all the operators with a week exclusivity or you can unlock by playing the game. I guarantee EA swill add booster packs to have double credits and what not just like Ubisoft. Except Ubisoft doesn’t rip you off and doesn’t block any content.

3) if it meant not having overpowered star cards that people with money can obtain immediately then yes.
  • xJstarx00
    499 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    xJstarx00 wrote: »

1) not mandatory to buy, but others will buy and leave you in the dust. There’s already players with 30-40 class levels. Some of the star cards make a difference. Like gain health for each kill, faster weapon cool down, and so on.

2) other companies are businesses. You don’t see them ripping us off as much as EA. The model EA is using is similar to Ubisoft’s rainbow six siege. You earn 200-300 credits per match, 25,000 to unlock an operator. But guess what. The main game didn’t have any lack content. You can either buy the season pass and have all the operators with a week exclusivity or you can unlock by playing the game. I guarantee EA swill add booster packs to have double credits and what not just like Ubisoft. Except Ubisoft doesn’t rip you off and doesn’t block any content.

3) if it meant not having overpowered star cards that people with money can obtain immediately then yes.

Have you played the game at all? Because me and a lot of other people have already said in other threads that the star cards don't matter much I've gone up against people who have elite cards when I don't and I do perfectly fine against them. Another thing you can't obtain High level cards immediately because the higher tiers are locked behind level and such do you even keep up to date on news or do your own research or did you just jump on the bandwagon to claim pay to win?
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    What's funny are the streamers lashing out about the p2w lootcrates, while at the same time dropping $100 into crystals to gain a competitive edge for max cpm. It's so hypocritical.

Drama sells.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Blazur wrote: »
    What's funny are the streamers lashing out about the p2w lootcrates, while at the same time dropping $100 into crystals to gain a competitive edge for max cpm. It's so hypocritical.

The better part of the whole thing is they are using ad revenue to pay for these crates, that they earn more of for their anticrate rage vids. So all their followers who are watching those videos with adds are directly paying for lootcrates which they hate...

Have you played the game at all? Because me and a lot of other people have already said in other threads that the star cards don't matter much I've gone up against people who have elite cards when I don't and I do perfectly fine against them. Another thing you can't obtain High level cards immediately because the higher tiers are locked behind level and such do you even keep up to date on news or do your own research or did you just jump on the bandwagon to claim pay to win?

Not everybody is as good as you. About 10% are really good. The other 90% are casual players who play to take some stress off after a hard day at work. Those who pay money to obtain the star cards will be massacring those 90% and will turn them off and they’ll move to another game. Within months this game will die out probably move on to WW2. EA is the laughing stock of the gaming industry.

Not everybody is as good as you. About 10% are really good. The other 90% are casual players who play to take some stress off after a hard day at work. Those who pay money to obtain the star cards will be massacring those 90% and will turn them off and they’ll move to another game. Within months this game will die out probably move on to WW2. EA is the laughing stock of the gaming industry.

Im sorry if it seemed like I was trying to brag or something I truely didn't mean to I was more so just trying to say that star cards don't give as big of an advantage as you think and going by your response im assuming that you haven't played it which is a shame I personally think the gameplay is quite fun.

Im sorry if it seemed like I was trying to brag or something I truely didn't mean to I was more so just trying to say that star cards don't give as big of an advantage as you think and going by your response im assuming that you haven't played it which is a shame I personally think the gameplay is quite fun.

I’ve played the game. That’s how i saw that players were already at level 30-40 class level. Yes, the game is fun. A lot of fun. But when you remember the credits and loot crates are the only way to obtain new star cards it sucks. I feel like I’m playing a mobile game.

I’ve played the game. That’s how i saw that players were already at level 30-40 class level. Yes, the game is fun. A lot of fun. But when you remember the credits and loot crates are the only way to obtain new star cards it sucks. I feel like I’m playing a mobile game.

luckily as others have pointed out, dice plans on making loot crates cosmetic only, so that a step in the right direction, i was just watching a stream by MassivG and he asked about what people thought of star cards and about 80ish % said they didnt effect enough to be worried about, i guess i'll find out at 11pm tomorrow
  • It's always an excellent idea to do research, problem is nowadays every **** head with a pulse is an expert. Thanks social media. Some of us are capable of navigating though ****. Think for yourselves my friends, the game is the best star wars in 12 years. More content coming, the problems can be addressed in time. The DEVS have done an outstanding job, now is the time to play this game and have fun
  • mastery0ta wrote: »
    It's always an excellent idea to do research, problem is nowadays every **** head with a pulse is an expert. Thanks social media. Some of us are capable of navigating though ****. Think for yourselves my friends, the game is the best star wars in 12 years. More content coming, the problems can be addressed in time. The DEVS have done an outstanding job, now is the time to play this game and have fun

yeah the stream i watched today really sold it to me the team was having so much fun playing together and enjoying walking around a loved universe, as long as the player count stays high im happy
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    1zgn27.gif

Trying to control the internet is like trying to win a beauty contest as Willem Dafoe.
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• F03hammer wrote: »
    1zgn27.gif

Trying to control the internet is like trying to win a beauty contest as Willem Dafoe.

Yeah, I don't think the OP is familiar with the Streisand effect. The very worst thing they could possibly do is try to quiet critics, even when those critics are wrong. It's much better to look for those reasonable people and try to set up Intervies and QNAa.

Make sure you do them with people who know what the questions they're asking mean though, that angry Joe interview was pretty pointless. When the guy can't be even get his questions across becausebe keeps using the wrong words, like saying emotes are dumb, while actually talking about victory poses. It was pretty clear the Dev was having a bit of a problem figuring out what he ment on a few different occasions.
  • lok
    974 posts Member
    simond1 wrote: »
    just been browsing reviews and youtubers videos, most of them are flat out lying about the game, if they are not lying then they are using old outdated info to try and get people to boycott

yep,they are.
  • fires
    301 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Fine but with all due respect to the OP this thread isnt helpful. When people come here they dont want to see rants like this It just makes it worse. Like you are in denial at whats happening out there you are simply to late.
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Trailers are coming to clarify misinformation and fixes.
    Haters may have been justified on lootboxes but that's being fixed too :smiley:
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• Can't be bothered doing any quotes here. You can play the game without cards. Those 10% better players kill you because they are better players, they would kill you without any cards equipped.

Cards don't give a tremendous edge, aiming properly does.

I'm saying this and I'm not even a good player, my aim is terrible and I know that. I also know that the reason why I don't do better in this game is because I'm not good enough, not at all because I don't own any epic cards or because I'm facing off against players with level 30-40.

You guys just believe and think whatever you want, but trust my word, aim well and shoot (as other playing tips would apply), no cards can beat that.
  • My biggest issue with this game right now is with duplicates. They blatantly lied to us about them.

It was stated on [this page](https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/thank-you-beta) that "If you get a duplicate Star Card in a crate, you will get crafting parts which you can then use to help upgrade the Star Card of your choice."

So why are duplicates only giving credits?

They never answered it on the AMA.
  • simond1
    235 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    F03hammer wrote: »
    Trailers are coming to clarify misinformation and fixes.
    Haters may have been justified on lootboxes but that's being fixed too :smiley:

i hope that sorts some of this **** out, but i dont think it will, it will be like the cod infinite warfare trailer,but i am glad dennis said he want crates to be visual only, i feel like dice are starting to hate EA and i feel bad for them having this great game tarnished by Ea being greedy, hopefully dennis's promotion gives him enough power to try and sort things
  • Chubbyhubbyboy
    190 posts Member
    edited November 2017

I actually would like a game without DLC or Microtransaction because it's a fullprice title! I don't accept the trend for making every game a season-pass. Its just milking the cow over and over again.
    Just remember, back in the old days, when it was no trend, it was not necessary. Yes, EA is a company, but still, that way it works now, is just not accaptable. You dont get any full game anymore. And no: there is no good reason for doing so.
    Just go back to old times when gaming was something you buy and play, and no abonnement for constant content. It's just so easy:
    Deliver a full game - I will pay the full price, and everyone is happy. And if the game is a good one, realease 2 years later an Addon. Back in the days it worked well, too.
    »For the rebellion!«