criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Hero ships weaker then normal fighters?

Straywalker
1034 posts Member
edited November 2017
So, I'm not bragging, but I'm often somewhere in between 25-50 kills in a Starfighter Assault game with normal Starships, But whenever I choose Luke, Darth Vader, the Mill or Slave I can fly around for ages and not getting any kills at all.

Yes, I'm probably doing something wrong, but I feel more secure and comfortable in the normal fighters then the Hero ships - NOT supposed to be like that, is it?

Anyone got some tips for me? Lukes Red 5 have all starcards available and all are upgraded to second level - any good "out-of-this-world" combinations you wanna share?

2879028-11270623_846676532085658_4589624096431041579_o.jpg

PS. I'm on Playstation Pro....
Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community

Replies

• I haven't tried Luke or Vader yet but I've found slave 1 to be pretty amazing. I managed to get really lucky earlier and hit a sonic detonator right inside the reactor core on the one CIS map. I got four kills and an assist.

Overall I find I generally do better with the standard ships though, it's probably because it's what I'm usually flying so it what I'm most tuned to.
  • Yes, could be that.. but in the previous EA Battlefront, the Hero ships are more OP than the normal ones - I.E. they make a huge difference on the battlefield - seems the new breed don't have the same impact.
    Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community
  • Slave 1 and the Scimitar are great, Red 5 and the TIE Advanced do seem a bit weak and it is often quite difficult getting kills (for me anyway)
  • I got 9 kills with yoda and got 3-400 points died and chose a fighter and got 6 kills and 2000 points. I normaly dont get more than 200 points in any hero ship.
  • So, I'm not bragging, but I'm often somewhere in between 25-50 kills in a Starfighter Assault game with normal Starships, But whenever I choose Luke, Darth Vader, the Mill or Slave I can fly around for ages and not getting any kills at all.

Yes, I'm probably doing something wrong, but I feel more secure and comfortable in the normal fighters then the Hero ships - NOT supposed to be like that, is it?

Anyone got some tips for me? Lukes Red 5 have all starcards available and all are upgraded to second level - any good "out-of-this-world" combinations you wanna share?

2879028-11270623_846676532085658_4589624096431041579_o.jpg

PS. I'm on Playstation Pro....

Hmmmmmm I have X-Box One and I didn’t notice that at all. The Millenium Falcon was way better then the 2015 game and I got triple my usual kills with it. Perhaps you do not yet understand all the abilities yet. That was not meant to be an insult.

Yeah people probably do need a training tutorial mission, just saying. As for flight training tips...I’m no ace so maybe a YouTube video would help.
    “There is always hope.”
  • gio0079
    563 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    When you're in a hero ship you attract a lot more attention from the enemy team than if you're in a standard ship and therefore do worse.
  • gio0079 wrote: »
    When you're in a hero ship you attract a lot more attention from the enemy team than if you're in a standard ship and therefore do worse.
    Yes this can be true in many case if they are not distracted by the objective or are mining for more points.
    “There is always hope.”