criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Forest of Endor

Hero vs Villains Dislike's

Zurev89
0 posts Member
edited November 2017
Here you can write what you don't like about the Hero vs Villains game mode.

For example i despise the button mashing nature of the game mode.

Replies

• People who think this mode is a button masher have no idea how to play.
  • F03hammer
    5012 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    Kylo and Darth Maul emote too much...

Vader's update with zero cards equipped is awesome
    Voluntary Star Wars Battlefront Moderator

28zvwf.jpg
    GT XBOX:
    buyakashak

• The only two things I despise in HVV is that blaster heroes do entirely too much damage with too many stuns and knock back for how much smashing the circle button will get them pretty much out of any scenario. The other thing is the whole "target the hero" why did they add this? Why can't we have a mode where we just go at each other with out some kind of ridiculous twist? Actually, my list is longer than that. I've been glitched several times with Rey, her light saber not activating making it do some weird glitch where I can't block or attack. Only run around and jump. Vaders force choke can be glitchy as well, as I was getting hit by it with Rey and even after my allies killed Vader, I was still getting hit by it making it so I again couldn't attack or block. These are pretty critical bugs that has happened to me more than just a few times. HVV was THE mode for me in the first one so seeing it like this is pretty disappointing.
  • Evazan127
    8105 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I wish it was more 1v1 duels so that strategy/skill will shine through more because you can counter different attacks and such.
  • Am i the only one who thinks the old Battlefront game's Jedis were better and more fun than this one? I mean in terms of gameplay
  • Am i the only one who thinks the old Battlefront game's Jedis were better and more fun than this one? I mean in terms of gameplay

I also think SWBF1is more intense and dynamic (not only in HvV mode). It is more fun to play despite its limitations and flaws.

• ymt190e wrote: »
    Am i the only one who thinks the old Battlefront game's Jedis were better and more fun than this one? I mean in terms of gameplay

I also think SWBF1is more intense and dynamic (not only in HvV mode). It is more fun to play despite its limitations and flaws.

Without a doubt.
  • People who think this mode is a button masher have no idea how to play.

I agree, HvV has alot strategies this time around ... it's not about rushing in

Pre-EA Battlefront or EA BF1? Cause Pre-EA was a no skill button spamming slaughter fest. Don't get me wrong, it was fun. But it's not really "difficult" slaying hundreds of AI in one life.
  • REPOST
    HvV in BF2 is **** compared to BF1.

Nowhere near the strategy, skill, or intensity of HvV in BF1.

Health regeneration and infinite lives make your life was less valuable. In BF1 your hero life meant something, and you needed to work together with your team.
    Game mode now is very one dimensional. Spawn, run to target, repeat. Most of the time you just get stunned and gang r*ped.

Stun based combat mechanics are annoying. You basically try to sneak up on an enemy and push them off a ledge or stun them so your team can gang up on them.
    Being stun locked with no way to defend yourself constantly is super frustrating. Unblockable moves like Hans Detonite charge and landos shock thing are also annoying .
    Most characters have a large stun AOE attack with a long cool down, one questionably useful attack (Hans shoulder charge and Reys dash attack are so clumsy; and yoda/lukes dash attack is slow and too short range), and one potentially useless ability (landos smoke screen is pretty useless, but yodas heal is good).
    But it makes for very little variety in how to attack people other than stun, power attack and dodge.
    I would much prefer a proper parry/counter system, and for all saber users to be able to duel properly (yoda and maul not being able to block sabers is silly).

It's often hard to hit people with sabers due to sloppy attack animations (like yoda's attacks), and the roll/dodge mechanic. All too often you end up chasing a critically wounded character while their health regenerates with no way to finish them off.
    The only saber character with good mobility that can catch people is Maul with his fast and longer range dash, and his saber throw (although it is lame that it is thrown vertically, and is too slow and short range to be effective against a moving target until you spend many hours/credits upgrading it).

I would much rather take turns being slaughtered as infantry (who can still make a huge difference in the game if played right), and being a God like hero/villain where you get to enjoy the power of your character against weaker opponents.
    I love the HvV in BF1 and played it almost exclusively (cause lets be honest SW BF is not a very good shooter with poor team work and class mechanics, poor accuracy/spread of blasters, and the fact that they shoot as fast as an arrow).

This version is a frustrating clusterf*ck most of the time. Don't even get me started on the matchmaking, and how the game is ruined anytime someone quits. No voice chat? No chat after a game ends so you can't even say "good game"?

GOD AWFUL.

End Rant.