criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission

7-hour window

Blazur
4468 posts Member
I understand why you set a 7-hour limit for credit gain to prevent offline farming, but I do wish this didn't apply to first time completions. If given the chance I'd play through all scenarios before diving into the game, not only for practice but an early credit gain. Now I feel compelled to only play 5 missions, and then wait 7 hours before completing my run through.

A few other suggestions:
  • Make it obvious BEFORE starting a scenario that you won't gain credits because of this restriction. Unless you're counting, new players may find it confusing or disappointing that they gained nothing after completing their current scenario.
  • When you're in a lockout period for credits, consider showing a timer when players are eligible to earn again.

Thanks. So far I'm enjoying arcade.
The greatest teacher, failure is.

Replies

• Right on man! I felt the same way when I played it. I am on board with your suggestions, I love the timer idea too.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good forum post kid.
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    Correction, it's 19 hours and not 7.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • If not the timer maybe we can still 'earn' the credits but they are not added to our account until the limit has passed. So we can play as much arcade as we want but the credits will not be distributed to our account until a set time. So say a person plays 20 matches and earn 2k credits. They will then earn 500 credits every limit cap until the pool is run out. I know they are worried about players exploiting and farming but this basically caps how many you can earn but at least you will eventually be awarded for every match you played in arcade.
  • Mystical wrote: »
    If not the timer maybe we can still 'earn' the credits but they are not added to our account until the limit has passed. So we can play as much arcade as we want but the credits will not be distributed to our account until a set time. So say a person plays 20 matches and earn 2k credits. They will then earn 500 credits every limit cap until the pool is run out. I know they are worried about players exploiting and farming but this basically caps how many you can earn but at least you will eventually be awarded for every match you played in arcade.

I think that's a reasonable compromise.
  • I was fairly disappointed when my daughter wanted to play arcade mode with me and I wasn't able to further my progress offline with her so that I can stay competitive when I play online multiplayer. It would be nice even if it was 50-100 credits per arcade mode. My daughter loves playing games with me and so when she plays SW Battlefront with me we have to either take turns online or play together offline. I think it would be great to eliminate the time limit and maybe just lower the reward. Heck I would be good with 10 credits and 5 crafting materials or something small.