criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission

Why can Boba get knocked off ledges?

Blazur
4468 posts Member
Getting force pushed puts him in a permanent stunned state, and if he's pushed off the ledge he's doomed. The guy has a jetpack. Being able to survive falls off ledges should be an advantage of picking Boba.

Please consider giving him an innate ability to recover from force pushes and fly back to safety. It's silly seeing him helplessly falling into the seas of Kamino.
The greatest teacher, failure is.

Replies

• I see what you're saying but that'd make him very hard to kill. Most Boba players I encounter in HvV camp as high as possible, spam barrage and concussion missles then find another spot to repeat.

• I see what you're saying but that'd make him very hard to kill. Most Boba players I encounter in HvV camp as high as possible, spam barrage and concussion missles then find another spot to repeat.

• Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    Y'all think it's essential for balance?
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Blazur wrote: »
    Y'all think it's essential for balance?

Yes. I played most my 10-hour trial on PC playing HvV and that's all I saw. I'm primarily a PS4 player and that's mostly what I've seen since the 14th.

If he was able to use his jet pack, especially with the one upgraded star card that gives him damage immunity while airborne, he'd be unstoppable.
  • I've only used Boba in HvV and played right he is near untouchable. Proper use of For The Hunt can keep you airborne and mobile for most of the game while you spam rockets. The only things that will get you killed are getting shot by the ranged heroes no one uses or being caught on the ground and stun locked by LMB spam lightsabres.

The thing is you shouldn't be near enough to be force pushed, stick with your melee allies and sit a little bit away and add rockets to the fray while they soak the damage.
  • The jetpack didn't help him avoid the sarlacc pit
  • Boba is balanced fine: strong in the air or from afar & weak on the ground near other heroes or infantry

I like that all heroes can get pushed off ledges now, makes proper use of all of their abilities.