criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

What We Actually Want

After reading the AMA Arcade responses it became clear to me that DICE is confused by what we exactly want, so I wanted to clarify to them what the people who champion offline single/co-op gameplay want:

First off, we don't want a mode that 'gets us familiar with the game' or 'is an opportunity to learn the ins and outs of multiplayer'. DICE... what we really want is for you to not think about how offline multiplayer serves online multiplayer. We want you to think about offline multiplayer as a key part of the game that you take time with and put care and passion into.

The reason we've said 'give us offline Galactic Assault and Starfighter Assault' is because you put a ton of care into those modes and we want to feel that care within our offline content. So if it means porting those over to fit offline we'd love that. If it means giving us classic Galactic Conquest (which, if you bring that to online but not offline... heads are going to roll faster than when the #SoloPlayersMatter movement started. Just a forewarning to how the community will take that) or classic Instant Action mode we'd love that too!

The main point is that we don't want the offline single/co-op gameplay experience to feel second fiddle to the multiplayer. We don't want to think "gee, I like playing this, but I'd have a much better time playing this if I were playing the online version". We want to have the same sense of accomplishment playing offline game modes like we do when playing online game modes.

So in case you were confused by our intention (@TheVestalViking & the other Devs), that's what we actually want (and what we hope we can expect from offline multiplayer content moving forward with the game).

Replies

• Yes, everything he just said here.
  • Yeah what he said but it would also be nice if we could do private matches like in the last game!
  • They literally made more "missions".... And the custom TDM is a slap in the face. They are just trying to appease the community by a false sense of content when in all reality they screwed over their player base yet again. I'm **** I bought this game.
  • Amen and every that agrees should also make a post about it so the message is clear
  • Yes please to all of this!
  • here here!!! not everyone wants to or can get online to play a game. or there are times when servers are down or you just cant find a match online like we seen a lot in battlefront 2015
  • Yeah. And tbh I think we dont even need a Galactic Assault mode either, just a large scale Deathmatch mode with Arcades customization, big maps and vehicles to give a larger warzone type of feel.

Anyways @FireWall @TheVestalViking I think all we really need for offline content now are 3 things-

1. Large scale Battles
    2. Starfighter mode (easy to do, already have AI)
    3. All smaller maps for Arcade (also easy to do)

And the new campaign missions will just be the cherry on top.
  • Yes. Arcade mode is a major disappointment.
  • Agree with everything you said. Some confirmation we were going to definitely get this, from the DEVs, even if they don't say when, would be appreciated.

In the mean time, here are some ways they can improve 'custom arcade':

1. Allow to put any era on any map. Any faction vs any faction would be even better.
    2. Allow to select the time of day and weather
    3. Make 3 arcade maps per massive Galactic Assault map. For example, we only got the throne room from Theed. There is enough space out on the battlefield before that to make 2 more arcade maps. This way you can select the planet and then select which of 2 to 3 maps on that planet you want to play on.
    4. Make 1 to 2 arcade maps from chunks of the singleplayer campaign Vardos, Pillio and Bespin maps.
    5. Make arcade maps from the launch MP planets that weren't yet featured in Arcade.
    6. Make the ground vehicles available to spawn outside on maps with exterior areas. Obviously this won't work for Kamino or inside the palace map in Theed, but there's no reason you shouldn't be able to spawn in a walker on Yavin 4 or Takodana.
  • Yep, all you said is true.
  • I agree, If given the option i would prefer to play and feel the full experience the game as single player or co-op only. Although I enjoy feeling like I'm part of a massive team, I really don't want to group with a ton of strangers. I hate feeling pushed into it.
  • Wolfey wrote: »
    I agree, If given the option i would prefer to play and feel the full experience the game as single player or co-op only. Although I enjoy feeling like I'm part of a massive team, I really don't want to group with a ton of strangers. I hate feeling pushed into it.

The feeling of being on a team or a simulated feeling of an army is also negated when everyone just wanders off to do their own thing and only half of us play the objective lol
  • bfloo
    14499 posts Member
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Wolfey wrote: »
    I agree, If given the option i would prefer to play and feel the full experience the game as single player or co-op only. Although I enjoy feeling like I'm part of a massive team, I really don't want to group with a ton of strangers. I hate feeling pushed into it.

The feeling of being on a team or a simulated feeling of an army is also negated when everyone just wanders off to do their own thing and only half of us play the objective lol

You get half playing the objective? Most of my games I'm lucky if 5 of us push forward.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    Strogg1980 wrote: »
    Wolfey wrote: »

You get half playing the objective? Most of my games I'm lucky if 5 of us push forward.

Oh i was just saying as an example of a match. Yeah i did have it worse too. Me....yes me, me alone in my little Yoda Jedi Starfighter was the only person attacking the Droid Control ship one match. No exaggeration either. I think towards the end a bomber and fighter pitched in but way too little too late. Just me most of the match lolol. Pathetic
  • Hello. I want to say, as a very regular user of the game, that we should implement an application so we can control and customize our troopers trough the cellphone, and the opportunity to open our daily crates in case we can´t turn on the ps4 (in my case) or if there´s an emergency and we can´t have power in the house. Thanks.
  • I sympathize with this cause. Personally, aside from the microtransactions nonsense, I love this game. It's crisp, it's fast, it's fun. Starfighter Assault mode is seriously my favorite thing about this game, and with that... I don't mind playing with people online. Truly, I don't. However, there are times when I really don't want to deal with an online community. I'd like to be able to play my favorite mode offline, against the AI, alone or with one or two friends (couch co-op, Xbox Live, PSN, PC, whatever). The same holds true of Galactic Assault (or as RogueKarp said - through the return/implementation of Galactic Conquest and/or Instant Action). If EA/DICE/I really don't care who gave single-players the ability to play every multiplayer mode offline, alone and/or with just friends (private matches), I think you'd see a much happier community. Obviously, people will *always* find a reason to complain, and indeed, the game will *never* be perfect (no, EA, it won't be), but you'd make mountainous strides if you just gave those people who enjoy playing offline *more to do,* and to do that... seriously, just give them/us every multiplayer mode available in single-player.

Personally, I'd be content with *just* Starfighter Assault offline. Hell, if you made Starfighter Assault its own game (both as a single-player and multiplayer game), I'd jump on that in a heartbeat. Hear the cries of *everyone,* EA/DICE, not just those who prefer multiplayer, even if they are the largest chunk of your customers. The offline crowd shouldn't be ignored, or even simply placated, just because you don't consider them your *core* target market. It's not fair to charge those people $60-$80 for a game and forcing them to play online in order to get every cent out of it. I'm glad you gave us a campaign, but how long did it really take most people to get through it? A couple hours, if they watched all the cutscenes completely? I really want this game to be amazing, but until you (EA-DICE) start making more efforts to please both general types of gamers (multiplayers and single-players ((especially single-players since multiplayers are more often than not your primary concern based on your choices)), online and offline), it won't be. It just... it won't be.
  • RogueKarp wrote: »
    After reading the AMA Arcade responses it became clear to me that DICE is confused by what we exactly want, so I wanted to clarify to them what the people who champion offline single/co-op gameplay want:

First off, we don't want a mode that 'gets us familiar with the game' or 'is an opportunity to learn the ins and outs of multiplayer'. DICE... what we really want is for you to not think about how offline multiplayer serves online multiplayer. We want you to think about offline multiplayer as a key part of the game that you take time with and put care and passion into.

The reason we've said 'give us offline Galactic Assault and Starfighter Assault' is because you put a ton of care into those modes and we want to feel that care within our offline content. So if it means porting those over to fit offline we'd love that. If it means giving us classic Galactic Conquest (which, if you bring that to online but not offline... heads are going to roll faster than when the #SoloPlayersMatter movement started. Just a forewarning to how the community will take that) or classic Instant Action mode we'd love that too!

The main point is that we don't want the offline single/co-op gameplay experience to feel second fiddle to the multiplayer. We don't want to think "gee, I like playing this, but I'd have a much better time playing this if I were playing the online version". We want to have the same sense of accomplishment playing offline game modes like we do when playing online game modes.

So in case you were confused by our intention (@TheVestalViking & the other Devs), that's what we actually want (and what we hope we can expect from offline multiplayer content moving forward with the game).

Yes exactly, thank you...finally somebody worded it the way I wanted to say it. Well said.
    “There is always hope.”
  • I also meant to to tag @FireWall on this post as well.
  • PERFECT!
  • Agree with the OP, plus we need starfighter battles offline as well...
  • Well said sir ^^
  • Agreed +1
  • Thank u guys agree 100% with u!
  • What we actually want...

ONLINE MULTIPLAYER MODES PLAYABLE OFFLINE IN SINGLEPLAYER (ARCADE)

How many more Battlefront games is it going to take before EA/DICE get it through their thick skulls!?

#SoloPlayersMatter

How many more Battlefront games is it going to take before EA/DICE get it through their thick skulls!?

#SoloPlayersMatter

This and hurry.
  • I agree with everything on this topic. If they brag about offline split screen coop, even on the back of the game, they should have more content and game modes. There are only two game modes for offline and when you boil it down, they are basically the same thing. Arcade having "kill" and "kill with time limit" and these so called battle scenarios are the same thing as arcade but with certain restrictions such as the characters you can pick.

Heck, they don't even have survival mode like they did in battlefront one. That was actually fun to play offline with a friend. (Though there were only like 4 maps so it got old quick) That would be a great option.

What EA needs to add, as stated earlier, is offline, single player/split screen instant action like in the original Star Wars battlefronts! This way you can add a list of maps you want to play in sequence. And speaking of the original battlefronts, where the heck are the "capture the command posts" game mode? Why must you always disappoint us EA and not add that? Do yourselves a favor and broaden your base of support by having the fans of the original Star Wars battlefronts on your side. (As corny as that may sound, I'm sure a lot more people would jump on board and would be willing to buy this game as it would become wildly more popular especially knowing how EA cares about making this a great game and living up to the Star Wars legacy )This game mode was so much fun and I could find myself playing this continuously, for hours, because it always seemed to be different and didn't get repetitive.

Star Wars battlefront 2 deserves to be better for everyone. We can't have another disappointment like Star Wars battlefront one and its lack of content. EA Please do not ruin the Star Wars legacy and listen to your customers and fans!
  • Crylo_R3n
    10 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    RogueKarp wrote: »

This. pls take note EA/DICE, we dont need a practice mode.

Yep, This is what we want. Doesn't get more clearer then that.
  • @FireWall @TheVestalViking please before servers shutdown and we can't access the content again. Cause once there gone the content will be locked behind servers once closed. #SoloPlayersMatter

Agree
    Battlefront OFFLINE with BOTS
  • I'm glad a lot of people seem to agree. Hopefully the devs address this/other offline they have in development soon.

#SoloPlayersMatter
    DICE "where can I learn these bot creating powers?"
    *Bethesda and CDPR turn slowly to them* "Not from EA"
  • VERY WELL SAID!
  • New game same problems lol

We really need galactic assault and star fighter assault in arcade. If you really want to put some effort in, combine those two modes to make galactic conquest. For online co-op and solo play of course.
  • Agreed - arcade mode online co-op is a must along with opening out all the options for what you can actually do in there.
  • 20 vs 20 all full size maps with all vehicles all heroes all weapons all skins all future content on ground and in space with split screen and online co op plus hero bots would be nice too
    that's what I call a proper arcade mode
  • Yes, we need the multiplayer maps and modes moved over to arcade.