criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar
Battle Point Event Heroes Unleashed

I hate that we get credits for duplicates and not crafting parts

Blazur
4468 posts Member
edited November 2017
It sucks when you save up 4,000 for a crate, and end up getting 3 duplicates which only reclaims 600 credits. You're just throwing away credits from getting unlucky.

Please give us crafting parts instead. Accumulating these is the end goal and slowest barrier to progression. By limiting how we get these you're making the grind tedious and frustrating. Especially now that you've removed crystals as an alternate currency. Or at least let us buy crafting parts for credits.

Bring back some fun into the progression system.
The greatest teacher, failure is.

Replies

• They promised us crafting parts initially. It was an official declaration that if players got duplicates, then they would receive crafting components to create or upgrade the star cards that they wanted. If *that* system was in place, loot crates would not be as bad.
  • "If you get a duplicate Star Card in a crate, you will get crafting parts which you can then use to help upgrade the Star Card of your choice."

This is from *this* site as an official announcement. How have they been overlooking this? Its clearly not working as intended then.
  • Fumantau
    15 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Every crate comes with crafting parts so if you buy Hero crate (which you should better do) 600 credits are already ~27% of a new crate. In average you get around 45 (not 100% sure about correct value) crafting parts per crate. This new crate also comes with 3-4 extra cards, so your duplicates are also worth around 1 extra card (which adds another 200 credits to the math)

Long story short: You got around 16 extra crafting parts in your crate because credits ultimately turn into crafting parts.
  • ...and if you get credits, you should get a fair amount of credits. What does a Box cost? 2000-4000 Credits? For a duplicate you only get around 200 Credits. There are so many critics points at this game. This will be the last game I bought from the greedy EA.
  • Loot crates are soooo evil. I'm rank 7 and already got 2 duplicates in one box! WTF is that ****?!??!?!
  • I have to agree that the cost of crates if crazy and the inability to choose what you want to develop seems really unfair. You're being asked to play for hours to earn 4000 credits. By my reckoning (and I still am not sure how the credits work out - it seems random) around 300 credits from a game is good going. That means (forget the extra credits because within a couple of weeks play the only credits will be coming from the actual matches) well over a couple of hours play per crate and you run the risk of getting stuff you don't even need.
    The problem
    There should be unlocks within the game or you should be able to control what you unlock

Don't get me wrong. I'm not a critic. I have played for hours this weekend and enjoyed the game. However, I am already well into grinding things I don't want to do to try and unlock a few more credits so I can unpack crates of things I don't want to receive. Eventually, if this isn't changed I will get bored.

In the first Battlefront game I had more control, felt like I was working to a specific end and consequently, I put in a whole load of hours. This one, unless the unlocks change, may be a shorter experience.
  • I posted this as a separate post but it applies here and states why crafting parts are pretty much useless: Duplicate cards should award back the cost of the credits lost! Period. For instance if the trooper crate you “purchased” has 5 items - and one of the items is a duplicate (you know as it is with NEARLY EVERY CRATE), then you should receive 800 credits back because basic math says 4000 divided into 5 is 800. If there’s only 4 items and you get TWO duplicate cards (which happens about 50% of the time!) then you should receive 2,000 credits back! Not 200 credits back regardless. That’s like using a gambling scratcher - spending $20 and getting a spot that earns you $2. That’s pretty much what this is. Gambling. And the entire rate of success and growth in this game is dependent on it. Doesn’t matter how well you play. Doesn’t matter how long you play. And crafting parts are a joke if you can’t even craft anything because you’re not a high rank for that specific gun or star card or class or combo of all... The only way to rank up those items and unlock the ability to craft is by gambling on loot crates that constantly give **** low tier cards and duplicates of those cards with a fraction of the return. EA may not care, but DICE? Disney? This system is ruining your game and alienating your audience!
  • I posted this as a separate post but it applies here and states why crafting parts are pretty much useless: Duplicate cards should award back the cost of the credits lost! Period. For instance if the trooper crate you “purchased” has 5 items - and one of the items is a duplicate (you know as it is with NEARLY EVERY CRATE), then you should receive 800 credits back because basic math says 4000 divided into 5 is 800. If there’s only 4 items and you get TWO duplicate cards (which happens about 50% of the time!) then you should receive 2,000 credits back! Not 200 credits back regardless. That’s like using a gambling scratcher - spending $20 and getting a spot that earns you $2. That’s pretty much what this is. Gambling. And the entire rate of success and growth in this game is dependent on it. Doesn’t matter how well you play. Doesn’t matter how long you play. And crafting parts are a joke if you can’t even craft anything because you’re not a high rank for that specific gun or star card or class or combo of all... The only way to rank up those items and unlock the ability to craft is by gambling on loot crates that constantly give **** low tier cards and duplicates of those cards with a fraction of the return. EA may not care, but DICE? Disney? This system is ruining your game and alienating your audience!

Using Crafting parts is the way to progress without gambling and If you are still buying trooper crates, your are simply doing it wrong. The most expensive part of your progress by far is the EPIC card upgrade and those can't be obtained in crates anyway. After one week, I maxed out 2 classes and a hero by just buying hero crates.
  • LoveAndZombies
    44 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Hmm - I've received multiple EPIC cards in crates. Most were the pre-order crates, yeah but a few were just in the trooper and hero crates. As far as crafting parts go - everytime I try to craft anything it tells me I'm not a high enough level or the card isn't high enough or the class rank or whatever combo of the 3. So I'm unable to craft anything. The whole crafting and multiple rank thing is total bull ****. It should get 100 headshots with whatever weapon to upgrade to a certain component or add on. An overall rank is fine (I'm a 151 on BF4) but in this game I couldn't even begin to tell you "Well I'm rank 15 for something but only a 9 for this thing and so I need to be 12 and 26 to craft this card to which you can't do 'til you're a 18 for something else..." and so on and so on...
  • DeadAssFacts
    139 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    The loot box system is endlessly frustrating and was designed so you would spend REAL money to unlock the content you want. I often get more duplicates than usable cards. I’m sure they will fix part of this in a few weeks, and for now it is pointless to buy them. Save your credits until they patch it. Work on unlocking challenges and weapons.
  • I agree, or even a little of both, but crafti parts would be better, they become much harder to get the further you are, milestones are the best way to get them, and I'm a good deal through my milestones, and only a small chunk of what's left have them, this definitely need to be a thing
  • yodude
    4 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Why not just remove the duplicates all together or greatly decrease the chances of getting one like in overwatch? The progression system is too RNG as is with such spread out focus on what to level up. For a casual gamer to enjoy this game 3 months+ they need to make the progression system easier or people are just going to get frustrated because their kit is weak 15 hours in and they'll play something else. I'm getting to that point but I have faith EA will do right by us soon. Especially with the political attention going on right now.
  • Also 2k for every box would be really sweet
  • Very true, something needs to be done esp if you get a green or higher dup the payout for that is ridiculous, I just got a 4 card trooper crate, 2 of which were dups, 1 was crafting parts and the last was for a ship, ship card ok I guess, crafting parts needed, but 4k credits for 50 crafts 1 lame bomber card and 300 credits returned, NO sir I'm sticking with the cheap crates from here on out you get the exact same stuff
  • And spending 4k on a trooper crate should either garuntee at least 2 trooper cards
  • Blazur wrote: »
    It sucks when you save up 4,000 for a crate, and end up getting 3 duplicates which only reclaims 600 credits. You're just throwing away credits from getting unlucky.

Please give us crafting parts instead. Accumulating these is the end goal and slowest barrier to progression. By limiting how we get these you're making the grind tedious and frustrating. Especially now that you've removed crystals as an alternate currency. Or at least let us buy crafting parts for credits.

Bring back some fun into the progression system.

Opening a loot box to get three duplicates, one of which is a green or blue. Now that's a slap and spit in your face.
    Not an enjoyable experience for your efforts. Not an enjoyable experience at all.

How could you set up a system and think that would be fun?

I'm currently experiencing a lot of duplicates in the loot boxes i worked hard to get. I only get 200-600 credits back which is not even close to the value of those cards. High work load, low value return gives a frustrating, annoying experience. I wish EA/Dice would give crafting parts equivalent to the value of that star card. That way you feel like your getting good value for your efforts.
  • Exactly. I would love crafting parts over credits any day.

Here is s tip. Don’t waste your credits on a trooper crate. Just buy the Hero crate. Its half the cost and you get the same stuff. You may get 60 crafting parts with the Trooper crate but you get 35 or 50 craft parts with a Hero crate.