criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Forest of Endor

Thermal Binocular post launch function?

How do they work now? In the beta, the team could see all enemies revealed from my binoculars. Is it the same post-launch, or can only I see the enemies?

Also, why does Improved Thermal Binocular star card not work. It clearly says you can tag enemies through walls, but it doesn't work unless you have clear line of sight. Tried over 1000 times, never tagged a single enemy til he sticks his head out.

Tip to others, never upgrade a star-card before you test if it actually works. Blew 400 parts on that crap!

Replies

  • I think the star card is supposed to let you tag in general since the base card doesn’t let you do that.

    Regardless, there are other issues similar to this and I’d expect they’ll be patched.
  • They took a huge hit since the beta. Your team can’t see them unless you have the card to upgrade them and even then, it doesn’t reward even a fraction of the battle points that it did during the beta.

    Just sub them out for another ability.
  • koprich wrote: »
    They took a huge hit since the beta. Your team can’t see them unless you have the card to upgrade them and even then, it doesn’t reward even a fraction of the battle points that it did during the beta.

    Just sub them out for another ability.
    I think they were way OP in the beta so I’m glad of this change.
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    koprich wrote: »
    They took a huge hit since the beta. Your team can’t see them unless you have the card to upgrade them and even then, it doesn’t reward even a fraction of the battle points that it did during the beta.

    Just sub them out for another ability.
    I think they were way OP in the beta so I’m glad of this change.

    Fair enough, I didn’t have an issue with them. They gave the specialist a bit of team-utility.

    If you remove the BPs for tagging then nobody will bother which is exactly what we’re seeing now.
  • Nerfs were fair enough. But they nerfed them right out of the game. They only work half the time, and the Improved Binoculars star card that I mentioned, states clearly you can tag an enemy through the wall, which I can say is absolutely not true.

    So specialist is now just a sniper rifle with 100 health, making them useless. It's a big shame, because I like the guns, but if they have no other kit, then they basically murdered my favourite class.
  • WerryWerry wrote: »
    They only work half the time, and the Improved Binoculars star card that I mentioned, states clearly you can tag an enemy through the wall, which I can say is absolutely not true.

    May want to take a second look at that. They say the THERMAL BINOCULARS can see through walls. The star card only says it allows you to relay locations and tag enemies.

    It says nothing on the card about tagging through walls.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!