criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

How is it fair/balanced that on Day 2 of wide release I play against user wit multiple purple cards?

13Next

Replies

• Its is Fair and Balanced....the Fox News definition of fair and balanced, which means one side gets to win everything ;)
  • zodemere wrote: »
    da scrubs, da salary, da cap,

Da Bears or da Bulls?

Knights of Gareth
    XBL- JsOnMyFett 13
  • Godling
    450 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I agree with the general sentiment that it is "unfair" in a "we've been left out" sort of way. But I don't, and I think this is what many others are suggesting, I don't think the card benefits create killing machines out of players... therefore we don't see it as being unfair... from a "who's a better player" perspective.

Cards give players an edge... AN EDGE! That's it. They don't make you a better player. And it's the kind of edge that you yourself can craft probably the first day you play. Maybe your card won't be at purple that first day... but you'll have the core ability. I crafted a card first day, for example, so my heavy could have his turret ability be mobile. I crafted that after 1 day and now I can move while firing... albeit with less damage.

So, chances are if you get killed, it was by a better player or it's situational (eg: the grenade was at your feet and their purple extended blast radius grenade card therefore had no direct impact on killing you... versus believing the cards are directly responsible for killing you.)
  • Lol... ***** forums ate my post. ***** EA.
  • Piscettios wrote: »
    zodemere wrote: »
    da scrubs, da salary, da cap,

Da Bears or da Bulls?

LoLZ, da Bears!!!
    Godling wrote: »
    I agree with the general sentiment that it is "unfair" in a "we've been left out" sort of way. But I don't, and I think this is what many others are suggesting, I don't think the card benefits create killing machines out of players... therefore we don't see it as being unfair... from a "who's a better player" perspective.

Cards give players an edge... AN EDGE! That's it. They don't make you a better player. And it's the kind of edge that you yourself can craft probably the first day you play. Maybe your card won't be at purple that first day... but you'll have the core ability. I crafted a card first day, for example, so my heavy could have his turret ability be mobile. I crafted that after 1 day and now I can move while firing... albeit with less damage.

So, chances are if you get killed, it was by a better player or it's situational (eg: the grenade was at your feet and their purple extended blast radius grenade card therefore had no direct impact on killing you... versus believing the cards are directly responsible for killing you.)

An "edge" you say? So its NOT entirely balanced if one can pay extra $ for an "edge"? Am i right or am i not unright?
    PAY2WIN = DARKSIDE & geez deez unpaid losers who live in their Mom's basement sure are SNOWFLAKES who can't handle critiques which explains why they can't get any & work for free!!!!!!!!!
  • Godling
    450 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    An "edge" you say? So its NOT entirely balanced if one can pay extra $ for an "edge"? Am i right or am i not unright?
    If all you are interested in is being "technically" right, then yes... you are right. But as I said... and I'll quote myself here...
    And it's the kind of edge that you yourself can craft probably the first day you play.
    ...which really makes any complaint you have inconsequential to the game. Again... technically you are right... but at the end of the day, literally, it just doesn't matter.
    Post edited by Godling on
  • zodemere
    105 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Just for the record i do think this is an amazing game/piece of artwork and will continue to get better & better!! It's just super frustrating to see peeps with multiple epic cards on Day 2/1. And i'm not saying this from a pov of someone getting owned, cuz i mostly have positive k/ds & have had a couple 30-2 games on HvsV which is alls i've played so far (cuz of responsibilities) except SP which was A+. I'm sayin this from a Uber Fans pov that loves Star Wars and basically pay2win is = THE DARK SIDE OF THE FORCE. Star Wars to me has always been about teaching us to do what is right. Theres no swearing in the movies, sex scenes or extreme gore. Lucas i think said its a childrens show for adults & i hav loved it ever since i saw it as a child at a drive-in theater in 1977!
    Post edited by zodemere on
    PAY2WIN = DARKSIDE & geez deez unpaid losers who live in their Mom's basement sure are SNOWFLAKES who can't handle critiques which explains why they can't get any & work for free!!!!!!!!!
  • Godling wrote: »
    If all you are interested in is being "technically" right, then yes... you are right. But as I said... and I'll quote myself here...
    And it's the kind of edge that you yourself can craft probably the first day you play.
    ...which really makes any complaint you have inconsequential to the game. Again... technically you are right... but at the end of the day, literally, it just doesn't matter.

"technically you are right", ?
  • LoLZ!!
  • test bump.....
  • Star cards don't make you better, aiming well and shooting fast wins out against star cards, easily.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!