criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Do heroes cost to much?

I think so, because they said that they wanted *everyone* to be able to play as a hero.
Well, now only the ones who are at MLG level get to play them.

I've only managed to play as a hero once in like 15 games. I know I'm not the best, but I do remember them saying that they wanted everyone, even the worst player, to be able to play as a hero consistently.

They should lower the cost to like 3k for the lower-tier ones and 4k for the higher ones, imo.

Replies

• 3k? That's far too cheap. 10/15 is perfectly fine. Everyone could unlock them all within a few days if they wanted.
  • 3k? That's far too cheap. 10/15 is perfectly fine. Everyone could unlock them all within a few days if they wanted.

You misunderstand. I'm talking about the costs while in a game.
  • Nihenna wrote: »
    3k? That's far too cheap. 10/15 is perfectly fine. Everyone could unlock them all within a few days if they wanted.

Sorry, I was guilty of not reading properly then. Eh, I still kinda think it's at a decent level, and aren't a number of them 3k anyway?
  • My uncle sucks but I set him up with defender card for heavy and bounty hunter and he got to play bosk the other day, never seen him have so much fun glad they put those cards in there.
    3k? That's far too cheap. 10/15 is perfectly fine. Everyone could unlock them all within a few days if they wanted.

Sorry, I was guilty of not reading properly then. Eh, I still kinda think it's at a decent level, and aren't a number of them 3k anyway?

Some super units are at 3k, but the heroes are at 6k and 8k, I think?

I know that it's kind of a "git gud"-problem, but until then I'd still like to play them more consistently, which I remember Dice saying was the whole intention with changing the system to a point-based one.
    Nihenna wrote: »

Some super units are at 3k, but the heroes are at 6k and 8k, I think?

I know that it's kind of a "git gud"-problem, but until then I'd still like to play them more consistently, which I remember Dice saying was the whole intention with changing the system to a point-based one.

Tough one. It's good that people have something to work for and a motivation to 'git gud' but also if it's not at the best level for people and actually goes past the point where they're motivated, then that's a problem. I suppose as there can only be one of any given hero active at one time, there wouldn't be a huge amount of harm in slightly lowering it I suppose, because yeah, lots of people won't score 8k on a GA.
  • Either that, or just increasing the points you gain in-game. Feels a bit low to only get 100 points for a kill and such.
  • The big issue I find is the maps that go long on GA end up with all hero's taken by the time someone can get them. I think if they lower the costs it would be even more of an issue than it is now. My issue is games seem super short and don't last long enough for many people to get to the point value needed to get a hero out. I am fine with their current costs because of the long games in addition to the upcoming ticket changes they proposed to make matches longer. I am hoping this will give more people access to the hero's without making them sit in a queue for a long time hoping one will die so they can grab it. (Sounds stupid but i have seen people do this in game already)
  • Heros should be pickups not killstreak rewards. All that's going on right now is rewarding camping, and sitting outside the objective shooting in instead of actually playing the objective. But that's not the worst part, because heros are rewarded for points, there are no heroes until the halfway point of each match (which is sadly only about 3 mins in) BUT after everyone gets enough points the entire second half of the match is a big hero gaggle fight, if you don't have a hero because you foolishly spent points on say artillery to try and capture an objective, as the South Park meme goes, you're going to have a bad time.
  • Star Wars battlefront 2: Race to enough points for heros, objective be damned.
  • joejoe87 wrote: »
    Heros should be pickups not killstreak rewards. All that's going on right now is rewarding camping, and sitting outside the objective shooting in instead of actually playing the objective. But that's not the worst part, because heros are rewarded for points, there are no heroes until the halfway point of each match (which is sadly only about 3 mins in) BUT after everyone gets enough points the entire second half of the match is a big hero gaggle fight, if you don't have a hero because you foolishly spent points on say artillery to try and capture an objective, as the South Park meme goes, you're going to have a bad time.

They shouldn't be pick-ups. That was awful.

I can't remember how exactly they did it in the old Battlefront 2 but that was perfect if I remember correct. There, even the worst player got to play as a hero once per game, I think?
  • bfloo
    16596 posts Member
    If you lower the cost the better players are going to be heroes all match long.

Play the objective and you'll get battlepoints. You can also equip cards that give you extra battle points.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• joejoe87 wrote: »
    Heros should be pickups not killstreak rewards. All that's going on right now is rewarding camping, and sitting outside the objective shooting in instead of actually playing the objective. But that's not the worst part, because heros are rewarded for points, there are no heroes until the halfway point of each match (which is sadly only about 3 mins in) BUT after everyone gets enough points the entire second half of the match is a big hero gaggle fight, if you don't have a hero because you foolishly spent points on say artillery to try and capture an objective, as the South Park meme goes, you're going to have a bad time.

Heroes should absolutely not be pickups. Never, ever again.
  • DarthJ
    6914 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    If you lower the cost the better players are going to be heroes all match long.

Play the objective and you'll get battlepoints. You can also equip cards that give you extra battle points.

This. Dont get why people think lowering points would help.

Also its fine. Played a few games today where i was mid table and got the hero. Lowest was a guy in 15th who got it. Maps like Kashyyyk give easily half the team minimum a chance to he the hero.
    PSN: ibrajoker59