criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

What do you miss from EA's Battlefront 1 (2015) ?

Replies

• Strafing the enemy on the ground from my A-Wing.
    Extraction with heroes and being able to turn the crate on and off. Not just stand near it...
    HvV with regular soldiers.
    Laughing emote.

giphy.gif

• Scarif and bespin cloud city map
  • Scarif... Please port.
  • What do I miss from BF2015? Nearly everything. I miss the fact that each trooper/infantry had the same health. I miss the customization. I miss the jetpack (because you do nothing but run forever to get back to the action in this game), I REALLY miss Walker Assault, I REALLY miss Extraction, Drop Zone, trooper teammates in HvV, Leia's Honor Guards and Palpatine's Royal Guards, the T-21's and EE-3/4 and the original Relby and the DL-44, I even miss the pick-ups! I miss the maps, even the free maps like Twilight on Hoth and Survivors of Endor and WA Bespin and Death Star 1 and SULLUST's maps large and small! I miss that saber heroes realistically took out troopers in one swing but they weren't OP at the same time (aside from the bugged ones). I miss the AT-AT actually being powerful and not being a pea-shooter. I miss not having tickets. I miss placing turrets- manned and unmanned. I miss the saber combat. I think it's easier to say what I don't miss about that game, actually. Namely bacta bubble jetpack and cheaters...
  • d0kRX
    1462 posts Member
    What do I miss from BF2015? Nearly everything. I miss the fact that each trooper/infantry had the same health. I miss the customization. I miss the jetpack (because you do nothing but run forever to get back to the action in this game), I REALLY miss Walker Assault, I REALLY miss Extraction, Drop Zone, trooper teammates in HvV, Leia's Honor Guards and Palpatine's Royal Guards, the T-21's and EE-3/4 and the original Relby and the DL-44, I even miss the pick-ups! I miss the maps, even the free maps like Twilight on Hoth and Survivors of Endor and WA Bespin and Death Star 1 and SULLUST's maps large and small! I miss that saber heroes realistically took out troopers in one swing but they weren't OP at the same time (aside from the bugged ones). I miss the AT-AT actually being powerful and not being a pea-shooter. I miss not having tickets. I miss placing turrets- manned and unmanned. I miss the saber combat. I think it's easier to say what I don't miss about that game, actually. Namely bacta bubble jetpack and cheaters...

Yes I enjoy this stuff quite a bit still to this day, but the cheaters aren't that bad anymore, I can still have fun and find games without those scum.
    PSN: d0kRX
  • Strafing the enemy on the ground from my A-Wing.

Lmao :D Don't tell everybody! Once I found this out I had such a monsterscoren and pro KD... Just once in my sad FPS life, but it was beautiful.
  • Scariff
  • still play it more than bf 2.
  • I MISS HERO HUNT
  • enigmatic1606
    428 posts Member
    edited November 5
    The trooper customization. Not necesseraly the way those options were unlocked, but the variety. Except for helemetless Stormtroopers, that's just ... no ...
    Post edited by enigmatic1606 on
  • Maps.
  • I wish the bacta bomb, EE-3, and EE-4 were in this game. Those were just so balanced and fair

Yes, I felt so happy when someone used a bacta bomb after receiving 40 shoots then insta killing me with an EE4.
    Good old days
  • SQJACKIE wrote: »
    I wish the bacta bomb, EE-3, and EE-4 were in this game. Those were just so balanced and fair

Yes, I felt so happy when someone used a bacta bomb after receiving 40 shoots then insta killing me with an EE4.
    Good old days

Bodyguard trait 3, bacta bomp, jetpack and bubble combined with the EE-4 was really annoying because it was the meta everyone used. I preferred focus fire and the CA-87 with the 'sizzle-bomb', I really miss that combo. It was like a better Vanguard Slug, you just had to be pretty accurate.
  • 1.) Choice of blasters as well as it's balance
    The blasters in 2015 are still pretty [email protected] good and useful. I miss the EE-3, the T-21, Relby V-10 and DL-18 for my class. WE NEED THEM.
    3.) Privet lobby
    This is what really brought communities together. This is how I made friends and found my place alongside them.
    5.) HvV mode
    Most players in HvV in 2017 are out looking for kills, even if it means spawn killing you. I realized this is a problem. we don't have control where we would like to spawn so it makes it that much harder for team mates to gather cause they are picking us off one by one keeping us separated. At that point I just leave cause there is no point. Others do the same thing.
    CAN IT! WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS YOU FIND A NEW GOD! B)
  • The jump packs.

That would be great for the jet troopers.
    CAN IT! WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS YOU FIND A NEW GOD! B)
  • - Scarif, Sullust, Bespin and other maps.
    - Many weapons (For exemple T-21, DL-19, etc).
    - Many skins (Ishi Tib, shocktroopers, Death Star troopers, etc).
    - Many face variations.
    - The Pulse cannon and the Cycler rifle.
    - The Smoke grenade.
    - The Astromechs and Viper droids.
    - The Health droid.
    - The Bacta bomb.
    - The Ion disruptor and the Ion neutralizer.
    - The hero intros.
    - The old HvV mode.
    - The Death Star map for starfighters.
    - The Airstrike.
    - Cargo mode.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • What if we kissed on Sullust? Haha just kidding.
    Unless?
  • Natalie wrote: »
    What do you miss from EA's Battlefront 1 (2015)?
    EXTRACTION.

And lots of blasters. Lots of modes. Hutt Contracts. Bespin maps, especially Carbon Freezing Chamber. Sullust maps.

Natalie wrote: »
    I can tell you i dont miss jetpacks as starcards :)
    AMEN
  • Walker Assault, Guns and Maps
  • KilroyWH78 wrote: »
    no cancerous hero spam, and no cross era heroes
    Can't cross eras when there are no eras to cross.

And the hero lottery/token camping wasn't exactly a brilliant idea of game design.
  • CARGO!!!!
  • The sound effects were better in BF2015 imo. They actually had oomph to them. The thermal imploder sound when I first heard it was eargasmic if that's even a word. I don't really like shooters, but I played my first match of the game, Supremacy, on the OG Jakku and was hooked from there. Then I got better with the different weapons. Then I found WA. Then found the small modes and played the heck outta blast and drop zone and cargo and extraction. The maps were so much better and unique. And it felt like Star Wars to me. Maybe that's because it was all the OT, but the game had staying power and I kinda wish BFII was just a continuation of that game with the added eras and heroes.

Duuuude the orbital strike was orgasmic
  • Main thing is Cargo

The maps and guns as well.
  • Raices
    1424 posts Member
    Stats, K/D ratio
  • I miss the walker assault maps and all the skins yet to be added to battlefront 2.
  • rathoras wrote: »
    I miss the walker assault maps and all the skins yet to be added to battlefront 2.

SWBF2015 was one very thing: beautiful. Especially the maps and the map design was outstanding, much better than many of the 2017 maps IMO
  • Definitely death star assault with final trench run ! Missing soooo much....

And Carbonite chamber room for HvsV.

May The Force Be With You, Always.
  • wait for it ... proper content updates :) :D jk
  • gospa55350 wrote: »
    A non-linear large game mode like Supremacy.

this. Although as already stated I liked Walker Assault pretty much
  • rathoras wrote: »
    I miss the walker assault maps and all the skins yet to be added to battlefront 2.

SWBF2015 was one very thing: beautiful. Especially the maps and the map design was outstanding, much better than many of the 2017 maps IMO

Yeah, BF15 was less realistic but more gorgeous. And the maps like Hoth, or Sullust... what is this between my legs?
    • Walker Assault
    • Load Outs
    • Power Ups for troops to get: Thermal Detonators, R5-D4, Orbital Strike, Smart Rocket, Blast Cannon, etc.
    • Weapons
    • No Class system. BF2 limits creativity and thus enjoyment. I want to use what I want, not what I'm forced to use.
    • 1 Hero per side
    • Heroes from BF1 not in BF2.
  • The gamemode turning point was brilliant, by far my most played mode for 3 years
  • Relmets
    2442 posts Member
    Announcers + battle chatter and the overall aesthetic
    [+3748 posts]
  • The sound was better too, an example is the bass of the thermal imploder.

1bfioawlu399.png
  • Extraction, cargo, Relby, EE-3 blasters for regular troopers, the camp stormtrooper with the "not this time" emote.
  • More weapons, Rogue one Content, Stormtrooper customization with pauldrons and maybe unit colors.
  • The mostly skill requiring gameplay that it had. Bacta bomb and bodyguard were lame but besides that the game took skill to do well in.
    PSN: this_old_mouse
  • And the hero lottery/token camping wasn't exactly a brilliant idea of game design.

Hero token camping is a myth, because tokens appear near the objective.
  • And the hero lottery/token camping wasn't exactly a brilliant idea of game design.

Hero token camping is a myth, because tokens appear near the objective.

I've been in matches were there was the same player using ALL the heroes. How am I supossed to ever learn to play with them? Never used one out of HvV
  • Hero hunt
    And hero intros