criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

What do you miss from EA's Battlefront 1 (2015) ?

13Next

Replies

• Extraction, Infiltration, Battle Station, and Sabotage
  • rathoras wrote: »
    I miss the walker assault maps and all the skins yet to be added to battlefront 2.

SWBF2015 was one very thing: beautiful. Especially the maps and the map design was outstanding, much better than many of the 2017 maps IMO

This, A LOT. Why does SWBF15 feel like star wars and 2017 just looks like it?
  • rathoras wrote: »
    I miss the walker assault maps and all the skins yet to be added to battlefront 2.

SWBF2015 was one very thing: beautiful. Especially the maps and the map design was outstanding, much better than many of the 2017 maps IMO

That's a good question. I too feel the same, although I can't say why. To me this game also feels visually smaller, and I don't know how to explain that, it just seems to be like that.

Hoth maps for the big modes were also immensely superior in everything then what we have now. And not having so many gadgets to pickup while in a match also feels very lacking compared to bf15. Thermal Imploder, Orbital Strike, Probe Droid, R5-D4, Squad Shield, Ability Refresh, Rocket Launcher, Turrets, they would bring even more diversity to the already amazing selection of trooper cards to use.

Ahhh the trooper cards system. Definetly a VASTLY superior system then the class system we have now.

The class system in BFII'17 is so rotten, that devs shifted the intended playstyle to be a game of grabbing points earlier and get a better unit to play (Hero, Vehicle or Reinforcement). Base troopers have no love, no improvement, nothing at all since launch, just a few tweaks here and there, and a few attempts at bug fixing.
    Tired of BUGs?

Well, they'll still exist.
    But visit the Rogue Bros Channel, there we document many BUGs and possible workarounds for them. There's also gameplay and other videos related to EA's Star Wars Battlefront (I & II)
  • Ppong_Man12
    2762 posts Member
    edited November 8
    The mostly skill requiring gameplay that it had. Bacta bomb and bodyguard were lame but besides that the game took skill to do well in.

Absolutely it did, I think that could be one reason they added things like bacta to begin with. I for one hope they go back to that formula for the next game.

Interesting watch about the future and Starwars gaming, maybe this next game will have a strong start with no speed bumps. Would love to know what they have planned.
  • Another this is the lighting was better in 15 imo, it looked more natural than bf2.

This. There is something wrong with the lighting in BF17, too much contrast or something... It was so beautiful in BF15.
  • Another this is the lighting was better in 15 imo, it looked more natural than bf2.

This. There is something wrong with the lighting in BF17, too much contrast or something... It was so beautiful in BF15.

Makes it hard to see and looks unnatural imo. It’s like having max settings on vivid with false light. Cod MW made adjustments recently as did Battlefield 5 at launch from what I remember, and for similar reasons. People tend to overlook it in this game.

• Scariff, ******. Also death star trench run and shield gate attack of aforementioned planet
  • Bespin ground location and those cool huge game modes such as scariff's and death star's
  • Jakku walker assult.
    Death Star DLC
    Scariff
    Bespin walker assult
    Survival mode
    Bacta granade (should be an officer card)
    Viper droids
    2 heroes on each side
    Bryar Pistol
    Sullust walker assult
    Sullust extraction
    Sullust heroes HvV
    Old HvV (I don't like the new one at all)
    Dengar, Greedo, Nien Numb (Is that how you spell it)? Jyn, Krennic

• bfloo
    15931 posts Member
    rathoras wrote: »

That's a good question. I too feel the same, although I can't say why. To me this game also feels visually smaller, and I don't know how to explain that, it just seems to be like that.

Hoth maps for the big modes were also immensely superior in everything then what we have now. And not having so many gadgets to pickup while in a match also feels very lacking compared to bf15. Thermal Imploder, Orbital Strike, Probe Droid, R5-D4, Squad Shield, Ability Refresh, Rocket Launcher, Turrets, they would bring even more diversity to the already amazing selection of trooper cards to use.

Ahhh the trooper cards system. Definetly a VASTLY superior system then the class system we have now.

The class system in BFII'17 is so rotten, that devs shifted the intended playstyle to be a game of grabbing points earlier and get a better unit to play (Hero, Vehicle or Reinforcement). Base troopers have no love, no improvement, nothing at all since launch, just a few tweaks here and there, and a few attempts at bug fixing.

I agree, the map design was a lot better, they weren't designed to constantly push everyone into a choke point. Even the small 15 maps felt bigger.

While I didn't like the tokens, the random power ups helped change it up a little bit. Nothing like trying to get past a dug in team, I played a lot of cargo, then getting a thermal imploder and taking them all out. If the rng was in your favor, you could shut a team down getting a droid, a turret and a blaster canon.

I generally like class systems, but they botched it in this game. Every class can do everything, at least in Battlefield each class plays a specific role. I like the idea of the BP system, it was just poorly implemented and everything is too cheap compared to how easy it is to accumulate bp.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• I miss drop zone, cargo and droid run....All were fun small modes that I spent countless hours playing. Drop Zone was really the mode I spent most of my time with. I think they tried to create Strike and though it sort of merged all those modes but it's nowhere near as fun as any of those modes.

Also miss having bigger selections of fun star cards to use. Just seemed to be many more viable choices than there are in the new game. Also liked that they actually added star cards as we went along.

Also miss Turning Point....Was nice having a hero-free larger mode.
  • I agree so much with the SOUNDS being better and the MAPS being better. BF2015 had so much more to offer even though it was actually less. More modes, better modes, better of the same (current) modes, hero modes, trooper modes, felt like actual Star Wars etc. BFII is chokepoint-front with tiny objectives and crowded rooms like Yavin's first phase and Takodana (all stages).
  • bfloo
    15931 posts Member
    tts42572 wrote: »
    I miss drop zone, cargo and droid run....All were fun small modes that I spent countless hours playing. Drop Zone was really the mode I spent most of my time with. I think they tried to create Strike and though it sort of merged all those modes but it's nowhere near as fun as any of those modes.

Also miss having bigger selections of fun star cards to use. Just seemed to be many more viable choices than there are in the new game. Also liked that they actually added star cards as we went along.

Also miss Turning Point....Was nice having a hero-free larger mode.

Drop zone was a Headquarters variant where defenders could respawn.

h846398gb27k.png

• I wish the bacta bomb, EE-3, and EE-4 were in this game. Those were just so balanced and fair

HAHA! Thats funny so funny I have to clean the monster energy drink off of my screen and face, you were being sarcastic........ right? Anyways I miss this:
    I am one with the force, the force is one with me. I am one with the force, the force is one with me.........
  • I miss everything from 15front, it was what a aaa mp shooter was supposed to be. Gameplay in BF2 sucks and when it dies I’ll miss nothing other than the locations and that it’s a Star Wars game. The best part of battlefront 2 is the forums and Reddit imo.
  • SQJACKIE wrote: »
    The holograms instead of that ugly picture and the sound waves
    okjl7841kvgq.jpg
    Hero intros
    cq561j1ir7pp.jpg
    The whole interface and menu, simple, elegant and useful
    5x8krr4a7hp5.jpg
    h0btxck0zfqh.jpg

Apart from the messages from the HQ (We defeated Vader etc)

oh yeah....
  • Extraction having its own playlist.
  • I miss the Rogue One content from Battlefront 2015, along with all the heroes not in Battlefront II. Hopefully they add the heroes and maps soon to Battlefront II.
  • gospa55350
    310 posts Member
    edited November 12
    1. Weapons diversity
    2. Supremacy mode
    3. Private Matches option
    4. HvV with 4 heroes and 4 troopers each side
    5. Extraction maps
    6. Nien Nunb hero and his mighty turret
    7. A powerful Leia as a Hero in BF1
  • The HvV format. it was a nice blend of trooper, enforcer (DTs and RGs) and hero gameplay.
    Dune Sea Exchange. How ALL of the 2015 maps didn't end up in this game baffles me.
    Droids. Putting R5-D4 or a Viper Droid in a location was really, really fun.
    "Rise."
  • CeymalRen wrote: »
    Nien Numb (Is that how you spell it)?
    Nein, it's Nunb. :smiley:

"Rise."
  • bfloo
    15931 posts Member
    Extraction having its own playlist.

Extraction was buried in the OR playlist

h846398gb27k.png