criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

We Want Conquest Mode Everyone who wants this answer Make this thread big

Replies

• Cad_Bane wrote: »
    If it plays like OG BF2 conquest and not like Battlefield conquest then sure!

Yeah I agree. I want Conquest too but not like the one in Battlefield. I don't want to feel like I'm playing a battlefield game. If I did I would go play one.

Ditto. I'm all for this.
  • @FireWall you have already created the assets for several planets. Why don't you create different maps with them? E.g. new large maps for Conquest.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Frimmel wrote: »
    When Battlefront 2015 was coming out I didn't think I wanted a Star Wars skinned Battlefield game. I do in fact want a Star Wars skinned Battlefield game.

I wanted a better version of the original 2 star wars battlefront games... Instead we got this... Twice
  • @F8RGE can you please make sure that DICE will read the feedback from this thread and that the mode won't become linear or scripted?
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Starmasui73146
    1557 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Well they said good stuff is coming for Offline and that it is something “like” Conquest so maybe it will be a variant of some kind, here’s hoping. :)

Batboy_915 wrote: »
    I really think they should add Conquest mode. Bring back engineer class and let us slice people out of vehicles so we can steal them. And, we should have a space version where we can land in the enemy ship and sabotage it from within. Like with SW Battlefront II in 2005.

TEMPOS wrote: »
    Without Conquest these games shouldn't even be called Battlefront.
    The game mode was the classic Battlefronts' defining feature.

The mode needs:
    • AI Teammates
    • Vehicles (and not on rails)
    • No linear designed levels with constant "Out of bounds"
    • AND HAVE IT AVAILABLE FOR OFFLINE

This a billion times over, this.

“There is always hope.”
  • Well they said good stuff is coming for Offline and that it is something “like” Conquest so maybe it will be a variant of some kind, here’s hoping. :)

But I would prefer Conquest in multiplayer. I think they meant Starfighter Assault for offline.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• YES Please! Anything like the conquest from battlefront 2 (2004) would be EPIC!
  • Conquest mode and also port over the BF1 maps and characters and skins as well.
  • Yes, signed.
  • No conquest and no squads are the reasons why i left the game and have never came back
  • What I hope for this conquest is a few things.

1) the map is as big, if not bigger than the GA maps. I'd say use the current GA maps but with the multiple point outposts.

2) No vehicles on tracks. Gunships and Walkers freely roam the battlefront

3) No BPs used for heroes/vehicles/starfighters/etc. They are an earned system meaning they use similar to the original battlefront 2 where if you earn it, you get the option to take it, if you don't select it in 20-30 seconds it counts as a no and it gets offered to the next player in line for heroes. special units are limited count and in the respawn queue screen when available and have been earned, vehicles and starfighters are also available in the queue screen when earned. Heroes are found there too if you are not spawned in but you have been selected to be the next hero. If they did this, I'd play Conquest mode over GA way more.

I hope they do this and its 1000 tickets and we also get more heroes/special units/vehicles etc. And open battlefront front is a mode we definitely need. After that we need a mode like space assault. flag ships go head to head with frigates and starfighters and battle it out on who comes out on top.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Here another Conquest thread with more feedback:
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/101958/conquest-mode-the-fix-to-top-all-fixes
    @F8RGE

// This one has only a few likes because it was created in november, before the like system. After it, it reached 50 likes or something like that, but then the like system was reseted.

Please no more linear maps or scripted objectives^^
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Starmasui73146
    1557 posts Member
    edited March 2018

Well they said good stuff is coming for Offline and that it is something “like” Conquest so maybe it will be a variant of some kind, here’s hoping. :)

But I would prefer Conquest in multiplayer. I think they meant Starfighter Assault for offline.

Well as for Conquest in multiplayer yes I want that but it is desperately needed with Offline A.I. and split screen as well (like the Pandemic classic). As for Starfighter Assault Offline that sounds fun.

Keep up the good work Criterion on those Offline maps, cheers. :)
    “There is always hope.”
  • Yeah SA isn’t perfect, but it’s far less broken then any other mode in this game. Huge props to Criterian. It was a good move bringing them on board. I love their old Burnout series.
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76222/star-wars-battlefront-forum-rules-guidelines
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please balance the OFFICER / BLURRG. They are NOT a HEAVY, SNIPER, nor an ASSAULT CLASS. So far, every "nerf" has failed to change anything. The Blurrg is OP vs other class guns (and not just at close range). #actuallybalancethenoobtubecrutch :*
  • Conquest large with proper squads like in Battlefield please!
  • Starmasui73146
    1557 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    I'm trying to understand ea's perspective on this. I remember some problems with the original bf2 and the original conquest mode. I remember when you took a command post, enemy units literally spawned beside you. I remember that the modes used to be chaos with 64 people, especially with Team Kill on. It is possible that each does not want to have this sort of chaos in it's game. Possibly, they are realizing that their map dimensions are longer in length than in width and that this might make conquest too messy. (If you don't believe me think about how every galactic assault map involves taking a bunch of sequential objectives).

BUTTT!!!!!! It was still loads of fun! Dice and ea need to understand that players actually like chaos. Like everyone has been saying, galactic assault gets boring after a short while. Please add conquest!!!!!!!

(1.) The spawn in thing wasn’t really an issue, it was by design. The reason why they could spawn beside you is because spawn points in the SWBF Pandemic game was based in “Conquest” on the Control Point. Thus if you trying to seize an enemy control point of course the enemy spawns in right there. Thus it was crazy nuts exciting and intense because it meant you needed to hurry taking the Control Point least your enemy spawns in and again overwhelms you, that was half the fun.

(2.) Yes the loooong maps that have choke points and linear features is an issue in this game for being able to play “Conquest”, which is why a simple boarder expansion in certain “problem areas” would probably fix many of these issues except maybe Endors map.

(3.) Aaaaand yes the Star Wars Battlefront (Pandemic 2005) game was a blast. Infact it just made Game Informers list for “The All Time Greatest Games Ever” list. That would be the one with: “Conquest Mode”, neutral factions: Sand People, Ewoks, Gungans that fight you, Hunt Mode: hunt as a Snow Beast, etc, Space Battles were you can attack enemy vessels landing in their hangar (NOT a cut scene), meanwhile others attack it outside. Legendary maps like: Felucia, Mustafar (with retractable bridges), Pollis Massa, etc.. Crazy fun stuff all my friends much younger then I (teen agers) play it on their computer all the time. It’s resurgence with the new generation is a cultural phenomena.
    “There is always hope.”
  • @Starmasui73146 I think your comment disappeared.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• I'm trying to understand ea's perspective on this. I remember some problems with the original bf2 and the original conquest mode. I remember when you took a command post, enemy units literally spawned beside you. I remember that the modes used to be chaos with 64 people, especially with Team Kill on. It is possible that each does not want to have this sort of chaos in it's game. Possibly, they are realizing that their map dimensions are longer in length than in width and that this might make conquest too messy. (If you don't believe me think about how every galactic assault map involves taking a bunch of sequential objectives).

BUTTT!!!!!! It was still loads of fun! Dice and ea need to understand that players actually like chaos. Like everyone has been saying, galactic assault gets boring after a short while. Please add conquest!!!!!!!

(1.) The spawn in thing wasn’t really an issue, it was by design. The reason why they could spawn beside you is because spawn points in the SWBF Pandemic game was based in “Conquest” on the Control Point. Thus if you trying to seize an enemy control point of course the enemy spawns in right there. Thus it was crazy nuts exciting and intense because it meant you needed to hurry taking the Control Point least your enemy spawns in and again overwhelms you, that was half the fun.

(2.) Yes the loooong maps that have choke points and linear features is an issue in this game for being able to play “Conquest”, which is why a simple boarder expansion in certain “problem areas” would probably fix many of these issues except maybe Endors map.

(3.) Aaaaand yes the Star Wars Battlefront (Pandemic 2005) game was a blast. Infact it just made Game Informers list for “The All Time Greatest Games Ever” list. That would be the one with: “Conquest Mode”, neutral factions: Sand People, Ewoks, Gungans that fight you, Hunt Mode: hunt as a Snow Beast, etc, Space Battles were you can attack enemy vessels landing in their hangar (NOT a cut scene), meanwhile others attack it outside. Legendary maps like: Felucia, Mustafar (with retractable bridges), Pollis Massa, etc.. Crazy fun stuff all my friends much younger then I (teen agers) play it on their computer all the time. It’s resurgence with the new generation is a cultural phenomena.

@Ahsoka_Tano
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    I'm trying to understand ea's perspective on this. I remember some problems with the original bf2 and the original conquest mode. I remember when you took a command post, enemy units literally spawned beside you. I remember that the modes used to be chaos with 64 people, especially with Team Kill on. It is possible that each does not want to have this sort of chaos in it's game. Possibly, they are realizing that their map dimensions are longer in length than in width and that this might make conquest too messy. (If you don't believe me think about how every galactic assault map involves taking a bunch of sequential objectives).

@Ahsoka_Tano

Probably the approval forum bug. I got a notification, but I couldn't read his comment.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• MtFbWy
    40 posts Member
    Just been back on Battlefield 1 after 4 months of BF2 only. Noticed again how it amplifies the fun to play in a squad that actally stays together, even though they were random players we ruled the BF together. Supplying, reviving, spotting, having e.o. backs capturing etc. Please bring conquest to BF2 with squad spawns possible, that would be awesome. As pure trooper mode, with vehicles and troopers+vehicles+heroes - mode to set up when searching in the soon to come server browser or before a quickmatch. ?Mtfbwy
  • MtFbWy
    40 posts Member
    Besides that, I feared that my bf1 performance got worse due to being used to 3rd person and eventually less tactics in SWBF2, but the opposite was the case, so I think swbf2 has more tactics than most of the people think.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2249 posts Member
    we also need Space Assault back. 2 flagships and teams have to defend and assault each others flag ships and who ever gets destroyed first loses.
  • Starmasui73146
    1557 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Okay sooooooo I really do appreciate very much you guys and gals for starting this thread but let’s not misguide DICE (due to the Multiplayer section it’s in) into thinking that “Conquest Mode” is only desired for Online. It absolutely is a necessity for Offline as well. If this game is to become the stuff of legends it needs to offer it Offline.
    “There is always hope.”

• Okay sooooooo I really do appreciate very much you guys and gals for starting this thread but let’s not misguide DICE (due to the Multiplayer section it’s in) into thinking that “Conquest Mode” is only desired for Online. It absolutely is a necessity for Offline as well. If this game is to become the stuff of legends it needs to offer it Offline.

I originally posted it in general discussion. A mod moved it into the multiplayer section. But, I am impressed how many views, answers and support it got, even it's hidden here. Very impressive.
    Actually, it would be cool to make it sticky in general discussion @F8RGE
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• If you watch YouTube on the StarWarsHQ channel they explain this in greater depth(and many other things that will help anyone understand the game) that Dice is working on it and has taken notice to the public. However they are currently responding to the next update with Clone Wars DLC and Skin Customization. For now all you can do is wait.
  • Conquest seems cool and all but id like if walker assault was a separate mode from galactic and maybe re vamp all the other modes to a 40 v 40
  • This thread reminds me of the epic #SoloPlayersMatter thread that caused two developers to go on their own time and give us Skirmish. I hope that the size of this one convinces them that #ConquestMatters. It predates DICE, it's a staple of what Battlefront was, and DICE made it even better in Battlefield. It's a win-win.
  • To be honest I don't know why it's not in already.
  • dew it
  • Crait HvV?
  • Kniphtee wrote: »
    Crait HvV?

Ah nooo plz, i hate crait.

I would rather have takodana HvV. Most people i know hate tako. But that just my opinion. :smile:
    "Jawas are the key to Life"- ME

• Give us conquest soon! Please! Like, I am begging. Conquest + Battlefront 2 EA = Good
    It is the reason 2005 was sucesful, use the same system, but with GA battle
    point system, and you are golden.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
    Crait HvV?

Ah nooo plz, i hate crait.

I would rather have takodana HvV. Most people i know hate tako. But that just my opinion. :smile:

The devs said the Crait map was nearly complete months ago for HvV - not sure how it would play or not - just curious where it is? Haven't played the HvV on Crait - so can't judge it in my opinion. New maps are new maps - i'll take it.
  • I would be down but it looks to me like they've given up on this game...still no new characters 1 new map that was made well in advance for movie release, only 1 skin added..I think they're done..they haven't even put old chars in yet..
  • tommytom64
    1091 posts Member
    The thing I'm worried about is the maps. Conquest, as good as a game mode as it is on its own because of how simple it is, needs several features to agree with it in order for it to reach its full potential. That includes things like squads, multi-troop vehicles, etc. But it also needs large, open maps. I fear that too many of the maps in this game are too linear and just wouldn't flow with Conquest. What do you all think?
  • Starmasui73146
    1557 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    tommytom64 wrote: »
    The thing I'm worried about is the maps. Conquest, as good as a game mode as it is on its own because of how simple it is, needs several features to agree with it in order for it to reach its full potential. That includes things like squads, multi-troop vehicles, etc. But it also needs large, open maps. I fear that too many of the maps in this game are too linear and just wouldn't flow with Conquest. What do you all think?

Just expand the out of bounds on most maps to make it more block shaped. Only places like Endor with its bottle neck paths would be an issue.
    Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • tommytom64 wrote: »

Just expand the out of bounds on most maps to make it more block shaped. Only places like Endor with its bottle neck paths would be an issue.

Yes, all GA maps would work with slight extension of bounderies, but Endor just needs the second imp station available to go in, and maybe the landing pad up top from the first phase, just make sure to add command posts at the first rebel spawn point, the ewok village, 2 spots kn the woods, the giant overhead landing pad(make it look like the campaign one, art=done), one in the unused imp base, one in the outdoor compound and one in the internal compound.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season

Yes, all GA maps would work with slight extension of bounderies, but Endor just needs the second imp station available to go in, and maybe the landing pad up top from the first phase, just make sure to add command posts at the first rebel spawn point, the ewok village, 2 spots kn the woods, the giant overhead landing pad(make it look like the campaign one, art=done), one in the unused imp base, one in the outdoor compound and one in the internal compound.

Yes you know what I think would really help them significantly would be if someone took sky shots of all the maps, re-drew up the boarders to fit Conquest mode and drew red circles to represent the 5 Control Points. This way they can visualize how it would best work efficiently.
    “There is always hope.”

Yes you know what I think would really help them significantly would be if someone took sky shots of all the maps, re-drew up the boarders to fit Conquest mode and drew red circles to represent the 5 Control Points. This way they can visualize how it would best work efficiently.

Yea. Theed would be the easiest, because you can smash into buildings on the other side of the river. It just needs command posts.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Indiana_Jim
    2074 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I would be down but it looks to me like they've given up on this game...still no new characters 1 new map that was made well in advance for movie release, only 1 skin added..I think they're done..they haven't even put old chars in yet..

This doesn't appear to be how to give up:

qd854ho3aufx.jpg
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2249 posts Member
    I would be down but it looks to me like they've given up on this game...still no new characters 1 new map that was made well in advance for movie release, only 1 skin added..I think they're done..they haven't even put old chars in yet..

qd854ho3aufx.jpg

they said the droughts over, but still waiting for that season . its been like 4 months they said it would be hear in April. I really hope they aren't going to do what they did with BF1 ans say "DLC is coming on 'this month'" and then the DLC drops on like the last week possible.
  • I would be down but it looks to me like they've given up on this game...still no new characters 1 new map that was made well in advance for movie release, only 1 skin added..I think they're done..they haven't even put old chars in yet..

qd854ho3aufx.jpg

Drought over but still parched...i'm in full prayer mode.

qd854ho3aufx.jpg

Drought over but still parched...i'm in full prayer mode.

A prayer?

• Waiting for the Clone Wars Flood. Mon Cala!
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Waiting for the Clone Wars Flood. Mon Cala!

huh? i'm confused? flood??mqe8umgoiz1j.jpg
    Waiting for the Clone Wars Flood. Mon Cala!

Refering to the info flood analogy. Floods involve water, and there was a huge underwater battle fought during the clone wars on Mon Cala.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
    Waiting for the Clone Wars Flood. Mon Cala!

Refering to the info flood analogy. Floods involve water, and there was a huge underwater battle fought during the clone wars on Mon Cala.

that would be neat to see, i want to see space battles return