criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

We Want Conquest Mode Everyone who wants this answer Make this thread big

Replies

• Disney allows gaming company to patch Star Wars Battlefront 2 (Lucas Arts/ Pandemic) for PC Online.

The (2005) Pandemic Star Wars Battlefront 2 game (for people playing it Online for their P.C.), Disney has permitted it to receive now two new online patches.

Disney representative said, “Although the company isn’t actively developing console/PC titles, gaming teams do exist within Disney and Lucasfilm. These internal groups deal with outside parties such as licensees and other development partners, working to maintain proper stewardship of Disney’s brands.”

In the case of Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2005) the Disney spokesperson said that GOG Galaxy is handling the back end for the game’s online play, including the development of patches. The company’s work amounts to maintenance and upkeep, a chiefly technical endeavor rather than a creative one. In other words, it’s unrealistic to expect new content for a game that launched in late 2005, and other additions that fans are clamoring for — like Steam Workshop support and dedicated servers — may also be asking too much.

Click on this for the full article:

https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/4/16852064/star-wars-battlefront-2-pc-patch-disney-lucasfilm-gog-galaxy

Okay sooooooo Disney is placing multiple bets here. They are realizing that they should NOT ignore the quality of the “Conquest” game mode playing style that Lucas Arts/ Pandemic games have to offer. If Disney didn’t feel that way then why support it? This means they know the classic is beloved, the tide is turning in our favor.

Also EA is worried...they admit they have made massive mistakes on this game, they say they have learned. One of the news headlines from Youtube read, “EA Vows Not to Make Another Star Wars Battlefront 2 Mistake” Woo now that’s a bold statement (if indeed it is what they said). Soooo I’m calling them out on that one then: Okay EA if you want to not make another Star Wars Battlefront mistake then please give us “Conquest” mode on and Offline in Arcade. This is at the very core of what the title has been all about from day one.

“There is always hope.”
  • +1 for conquest and everything available offline. And online co-op with friends.
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76222/star-wars-battlefront-forum-rules-guidelines
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please balance the OFFICER / BLURRG. They are NOT a HEAVY, SNIPER, nor an ASSAULT CLASS. So far, every "nerf" has failed to change anything. The Blurrg is OP vs other class guns (and not just at close range). #actuallybalancethenoobtubecrutch :*
  • They know we want conquest mode. Instead they put in these annoying timed modes..I hated rocket and I hate this ewok one too. So much I'm not even gonna do the challenges for the rewards. Why do I have to play a mode I don't like for rewards? Ridiculous. Forcing us into the mode with rewards isn't stat proof that the mode is good. Why not give us what we want instead of modes no one is asking for? And seriously...6 months with no new characters? Not even from the old game? Why aren't you making this game as good as it can be..
  • They know we want conquest mode. Instead they put in these annoying timed modes.

Wait a minute now, “Hunt mode” with Ewoks was part of the original Lucas Arts/Pandemic game. Don’t blast it...because it means DICE hear us. Let the train go down the track bro, we are heading in the right direction. :) With each step it moves closer to the masterpiece. B)

As for the mode: To each his own. I rather enjoy “Ewok Hunt” it’s a nice change of pace. But nothing compares to “Conquest” that it’s true. But why can’t fans have both, peace. :)
    “There is always hope.”
  • They know we want conquest mode. Instead they put in these annoying timed modes.

Wait a minute now, “Hunt mode” with Ewoks was part of the original Lucas Arts/Pandemic game. Don’t blast it...because it means DICE hear us. Let the train go down the track bro, we are heading in the right direction. :) With each step it moves closer to the masterpiece. B)

As for the mode: To each his own. I rather enjoy “Ewok Hunt” it’s a nice change of pace. But nothing compares to “Conquest” that it’s true. But why can’t fans have both, peace. :)

exactly, i like ewok mode, this one i find more fun than the original. the original was just species team deathmatch, this is infection-like halo but star wars style. We my flashlight goes out and i hear the bushes moving, and the sound of that slingshot thing going off, I run and scream like a little ***** into the darkness of the forest "don't hurt me!".
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    They know we want conquest mode. Instead they put in these annoying timed modes.

exactly, i like ewok mode, this one i find more fun than the original. the original was just species team deathmatch, this is infection-like halo but star wars style. We my flashlight goes out and i hear the bushes moving, and the sound of that slingshot thing going off, I run and scream like a little **** into the darkness of the forest "don't hurt me!".

LMAO :D
    “There is always hope.”
    They know we want conquest mode. Instead they put in these annoying timed modes.

exactly, i like ewok mode, this one i find more fun than the original. the original was just species team deathmatch, this is infection-like halo but star wars style. We my flashlight goes out and i hear the bushes moving, and the sound of that slingshot thing going off, I run and scream like a little **** into the darkness of the forest "don't hurt me!".

LMAO :D

• DigitalWind
    33 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Guys...HEY GUYS! If it's a great idea that they can easily implement that is also really popular - guess what? They're working on it!

They just don't want to spoil the surprise or launch this before they run out of ideas. Give them time, we will get it.
    Conquest without proper Squad system would be terrible! Please allow us to play with our friends!

Conquest specific squad system would be nice. Squads on Blast, not so much.
  • Conquest without proper Squad system would be terrible! Please allow us to play with our friends!

Well... you can. I don't know what platform you're on, but on PS4 you can just go up to the "Social Hub" in the top left corner and add your friends to your Multiplayer Group and play together with everyone highlighted green. I'm assuming this works through Origin on PC? We've even had two different PSN parties playing together by going into our party settings and switching from Party Chat to Game Chat and we've all been able to talk to each other.

That....

Is Perfect!
  • Indiana_Jim
    2074 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Okay sooooooo Disney is placing multiple bets here. They are realizing that they should NOT ignore the quality of the “Conquest” game mode playing style that Lucas Arts/ Pandemic games have to offer. If Disney didn’t feel that way then why support it? This means they know the classic is beloved, the tide is turning in our favor.

OK roll back the hype train, Pepé. Steam is a popular platform and a lot of people like to play a lot of old games together. You don't see anyone taking a AAA title today and saying, "Let's bring back Counter Strike!" This is a sensible marketing choice knowing that people playing Star Wars products, no matter how old, is a good thing. If they can feasibly take advantage of the opportunities Steam provides, then so much the better.

I do believe Ewok Hunt is a great sign, though, and if they can bring back Conquest and put their own different spin on it (I mean why not, they use it in Battlefield), then it will come. I do believe we will get something very very close to it. Closer than that lame Supremacy mode.
  • I'm definitely down with this

• Why couldn't they add this to begin with?! Conquest was the mainstay of SWBF 2 back in '05, and a reboot should have what made the original great. DICE's Battlefield games have it, and it could easily be formatted into this system. The only issue now is that EA wants back on Disney's good side, so they have to focus on movie and anniversary content instead of what the player's want. I love the combat and progression of this game, but it just lacks that feel of a true Star Wars battle. It needs command posts, large reinforcement numbers, more vehicles, etc. Maybe once EA is done kissing up to Disney for the whole lootbox fiasco, the community will finally get what we were promised. An amazing experience, for fans of all ages.
  • Ewok hunt was a step in the right direction... Free flowing. Players did what they wanted to achieve their goal. Didn't have to be one of three launchers. A win!
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Heavy/Light vehicle classes
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    Actual bombs coming out of the bomber.
    RO season
  • CloudwannaB
    7 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    When I first heard DICE was making battlefront games, I lost my mind in excitement. Why? Because DICE are the kings of Conquest mode, the mode that everyone knows the original battlefronts for. It had not even crossed my mind that DICE would make the game without Conquest, that wouldn't make any sense. It still doesn't.

Although I was pretty disappointed with Battlefront 2015, I feel like Battlefront 2 (2017) is pretty good and a huge improvement! Post-progression update of course. It has tonnes of potential, and could be made into an amazing game rather than just a good game. If they add in Conquest, or a mode very similar to conquest like they've been hinting at, I think they will gain a lot of trust and respect from the community. Not to mention a big increase in players to the game, both new players, as well as returning players that have dropped the game.

I like galactic assault for a bit, but in my opinion it has little replayability. You are stuck going after a couple objectives and forces all the players down hallways of grenades and death. The best part about conquest mode was that I could approach a map differently every time I played. Especially if I had friends playing with me. Should I go after their command post to the east this time? Maybe we'll sneak around and try and take their rear command post and try and flank them. Or maybe I know our closest command post is vulnerable, so I'll go and reinforce that one for a bit. Not to mention having more vehicles made things more interesting as well. It shouldn't be terribly difficult to put command posts in the existing maps.

Just some thoughts. I really hope they consider this.
  • Am I contributing to the size. I guess so. But hey, I agree with the addition.
    I have the somewhat highish ground
  • When I first heard DICE was making battlefront games, I lost my mind in excitement. Why? Because DICE are the kings of Conquest mode, the mode that everyone knows the original battlefronts for. It had not even crossed my mind that DICE would make the game without Conquest, that wouldn't make any sense. It still doesn't.

Although I was pretty disappointed with Battlefront 2015, I feel like Battlefront 2 (2017) is pretty good and a huge improvement! Post- progression update of course. It has tonnes of potential, and could be made into an amazing game rather than just a good game. If they add in Conquest, or a mode very similar to conquest like they've been hinting at, I think they will gain a lot of trust and respect from the community. Not to mention a big increase in players to the game, both new players, as well as returning players that have dropped the game.

I like galactic assault for a bit, but in my opinion it has little replayability. You are stuck going after a couple objectives and forces all the players down hallways of grenades and death. The best part about conquest mode was that I could approach a map differently every time I played. Especially if I had friends playing with me. Should I go after their command post to the east this time? Maybe we'll sneak around and try and take their rear command post and try and flank them. Or maybe I know our closest command post is vulnerable, so I'll go and reinforce that one for a bit. Not to mention having more vehicles made things more interesting as well.

Just some thoughts. I really hope they consider this.
  • The fact that so many people responded and really want this only guarantees that it won't be released for this game and they will attempt to monetize it for BF3.
  • The fact that so many people responded and really want this only guarantees that it won't be released for this game and they will attempt to monetize it for BF3.

Ummmmm we had a mega thread on the SWBF (2015) thread as well for years, until the 2017 release of this game. Sooooo if you put that with this one, the thread is more like 26 pages, lol.

Since we didn’t get it for this game I’d have to disagree with your assessment. After all the Conquest thread started in 2015. This thread started in what...2017?
    “There is always hope.”
  • B1MBLE
    12 posts Member
    Got my vote!
  • i am in.
  • yes we want conquest give me conquest its been in all the other games would be epic
  • kjmotz
    257 posts Member
    Conquest would be incredible. I would hope that the community speaks loudly and consistently enough to bring this to the table.
  • Kiel
    8 posts Member
    I totally agree. A conquest gamemode will allow more player choice and uniqueness to each game, which intern lead to more re-playability. I know DICE wants only a few gamemodes [to keep severs full, I totally agree with them], however I think we need another unique large gamed, and conquest is perfect. Also, improve and add to smaller gamemodes, such as combind some limited time modes together.
  • Starmasui73146
    1533 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    KlownShueS wrote: »
    Or the old battlefronts are playable right now! So many large maps and space fighting and heroes #*#!

It's so sad a 2005 game did in one year that a 2017 game can't do. Between 2004 bf and 2005 they did what ea can't do and claim so hard to do with with....

Nevermind old games just told me I don't need ea silly little skins or silly emotes to have fun.
    Jesbro wrote: »
    Yep will be playing the original games till we get the Starfighter Assault and Large Ground Modes for Arcade.

Will even buy a ton of skins using Crystals the sooner they are added !

Sooner they get it done the sooner EA will earn my money !!!
    Yep very frustrating dealing with ea. By the way just won on Felucia on bf2 lost on tatooine desert on bf1
    Narrow victory on tantive IV I was the empire Leia was causing havoc.

That's another thing about the original games.

They had Hero AI as well !!!
    Hero Ai in SWBF 2 EA would be epic.

It’s so sad that the heads at DICE made such an epic miscalculation of how much Lucas Arts/ Pandemic Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 was beloved. Now they seem to kick against the goads (i.e.- a cattle prod encouraging you to move forward), going against the tide, despite the obvious desire of the masses. Let’s hope they grow the wiser.

Recap, let us remember:

CryptZero asked DICE on Twitter if we were going to get a “Conquest” mode way back in January, 2018.

They responded by saying, “We know what you guys want and we have a lot of stuff planed. That’s really all I can say right now, “ Anton Wittburg

Fact: There is literally and I mean literally 100 threads with the words “Conquest” in it. If anyone doubts that just type in the word Conquest in the search box in the menus. So let us dispense with the trifled idea that Conquest is the desire of the stray few shall we. I say this because I recall comments last year by the company that seemed to imply the dead opposite of the above quote they stated. In fact it seemed they were implying that it was dated and no longer therefore relevant. Like as if that was then (2004/2005), this is now (2015/2017) we are doing something new; at least that was the gist of how it made us feel. The desire to be innovative is great but if it isn’t broken don’t fix it, just saying.

“There is always hope.”
  • Battlefront 1 is dead now. Its only a couple years old and you cant even get a Death Star Game Going. Unless ea puts conquest mode (or constantly adds new features i guess) battlefront 2 will be dead in two years just like the first one
  • Battlefront 1 is dead now. Its only a couple years old and you cant even get a Death Star Game Going. Unless ea puts conquest mode (or constantly adds new features i guess) battlefront 2 will be dead in two years just like the first one

Yeah it’s major bummer for any SW fan. I miss conquest mode too. It would look amazing in this game.
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76222/star-wars-battlefront-forum-rules-guidelines
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please balance the OFFICER / BLURRG. They are NOT a HEAVY, SNIPER, nor an ASSAULT CLASS. So far, every "nerf" has failed to change anything. The Blurrg is OP vs other class guns (and not just at close range). #actuallybalancethenoobtubecrutch :*
  • YESS!!

Classic conquest with off rails, multi person vehicles and 64+ players would create the greatest star wars experience!

Or the greatest lag known to gamers. Still be awesome to play this.
  • YESS!!

Classic conquest with off rails, multi person vehicles and 64+ players would create the greatest star wars experience!

Or the greatest lag known to gamers. Still be awesome to play this.

If they can do it for BF1 with same engine and textures and everything, they can do it.
  • KlownShueS wrote: »
    Or the old battlefronts are playable right now! So many large maps and space fighting and heroes #*#!

It's so sad a 2005 game did in one year that a 2017 game can't do. Between 2004 bf and 2005 they did what ea can't do and claim so hard to do with with....

Nevermind old games just told me I don't need ea silly little skins or silly emotes to have fun.
    Yep will be playing the original games till we get the Starfighter Assault and Large Ground Modes for Arcade.

Will even buy a ton of skins using Crystals the sooner they are added !

Sooner they get it done the sooner EA will earn my money !!!
    Yep very frustrating dealing with ea. By the way just won on Felucia on bf2 lost on tatooine desert on bf1
    Narrow victory on tantive IV I was the empire Leia was causing havoc.

That's another thing about the original games.

They had Hero AI as well !!!
    Hero Ai in SWBF 2 EA would be epic.

It’s so sad that the heads at DICE made such an epic miscalculation of how much Lucas Arts/ Pandemic Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2 was beloved. Now they seem to kick against the goads (i.e.- a cattle prod encouraging you to move forward), going against the tide, despite the obvious desire of the masses. Let’s hope they grow the wiser.

Recap, let us remember:

CryptZero asked DICE on Twitter if we were going to get a “Conquest” mode way back in January, 2018.

They responded by saying, “We know what you guys want and we have a lot of stuff planed. That’s really all I can say right now, “ Anton Wittburg

Fact: There is literally and I mean literally 100 threads with the words “Conquest” in it. If anyone doubts that just type in the word Conquest in the search box in the menus. So let us dispense with the trifled idea that Conquest is the desire of the stray few shall we. I say this because I recall comments last year by the company that seemed to imply the dead opposite of the above quote they stated. In fact it seemed they were implying that it was dated and no longer therefore relevant. Like as if that was then (2004/2005), this is now (2015/2017) we are doing something new; at least that was the gist of how it made us feel. The desire to be innovative is great but if it isn’t broken don’t fix it, just saying.

Conquest... My favourite. My favourite what? Yes. It is... Everything. To conquest... Or not to conquest... That is the question. Unless you played the 2005 Battlefront ll. Then you know that you need to conquest. Conquest=happiness. Just my whole philosophy on life... Should probably rethink my priorities.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Commando class, ARC, commando droid, Inferno Squad, Insurgent, Shock Trooper(FO), assassin(Resistance).
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Conquest mode really need with server browser. Please do it.
    I want my Original Battlefront II (2005) that i love in Battlefront II (EA's)
    Thats all we need
    Era choosing, and Conquest mode at last 48 players
  • Conquest with many, many players! Please!
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • 99miki
    16 posts Member
    + one for the Conquest

I’m sure that Dice will add this mode in due time

• 99miki wrote: »
    + one for the Conquest

True that...in the mean time, I’m going to go play “Conquest” on Star Wars Battlefront 2004 (Lucas Arts/ Pandemic) on my X-Box One....later. B)
    “There is always hope.”
  • Clone wars conquest playlist would be great.
  • UnknownGamer
    1928 posts Member
    99miki wrote: »
    + one for the Conquest

True that...in the mean time, I’m going to go play “Conquest” on Star Wars Battlefront 2004 (Lucas Arts/ Pandemic) on my X-Box One....later. B)

2005 Battlefront 2? Love it. :wink:
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    Hey, DICE - you want longevity? Then ADD - multiple extraction maps, multiple conquest maps and (make DASH happy) Cargo (classic style). Arguments - 'well there should be none' (picture Yoda saying it).
  • Starmasui73146
    1533 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    + one for the Conquest

+ one for the Conquest

Yeah that too.

I enjoy SWBF (2004) for the:
    (1.) prone position
    (2.) ability to destroy any planet with the Deathstar in “Galactic Conquest”
    (3.) the Renvar Citadel map with towers you can snipe from
    (4.) the Deathstar retractable bridges [use a timer bomb]
    (5.) the Deathstar trash compactor will actually crush you if you fail to get out
    (6.) the Tatooine Dune Sea map the Sarlaac can actually grab you and pull you down to your doom
    (7.) the Bespin Platforms map [so epic in its lay out]
    (8.) the Bespin Cloud City map it actually permits you to go out on the balcony where Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker fought [DICE’s did NOT]...why I have no idea.
    (9.) the Geonosis Spire map [mega epic]
    (10.) the Mos Eisley map with its numerous turret emplacements
    (11.) the kick tail soundtrack
    (12.) the Endor Bunker map where you actually have to plant charges (like SWROTJ), to take the bunker out of commission and convert it to your control point
    (13.) Yavin 4 Temple where there is a near by smaller pyramid you can actually climb and snipe from
    (14.) Yavin 4 Temple where there is a near by rock causeway you can actually go out on and snipe from

I enjoy SWBF (2005) for the:
    (1.) the ability to play as Heroes and Villains
    (2.) the Coruscant map
    (3.) the Dagobah map
    (4.) the Felucia map actually has monsters that can attack you
    (5.) the Jabba’s Palace map the Rancor can actually swallow you whole
    (6.) the Kamino map with access to ALL platforms plus the Cloning Facilty
    (7.) the Mustafar map
    (8.) the Mageeto map
    (9.) the Pollis Massa map
    (10.) the Tantive IV map
    (11.) the Utapau map
    (12.) the Yavin IV map
    (13.) Hunt mode
    (14.) all space maps and the ability to land your craft to fight inside the enemy vessel, while others fight outside against it in space...so epic.
    (15.) Space CTF (capture the flag)

Highlights from both maps:
    (1.) the ability to take off and land your star fighter
    (2.) “Conquest Mode” itself
    (3.) CTF [capture the flag]/ 1 flag or 2 flags
    (4.) engineers ability to hack and highjack an enemy vehicle
    (5.) engineers the ability to blow up bridges and also repair them, robots and turrets
    (6.) you run out of ammo energy and need to go to a gonk droid to get more
    (7.) no automatic healing you go to a medical droid to heal
    (8.) the engineer doubles as a medic and drops bacta
    (9.) the engineer is nick named “the regulator” because he uses the laser shotgun
    (10.) destroyer droids need I say more
    (11.) magna guards
    (12.) more then one person in a ground vehicle (dual ranging up to the whole team such as a AT-AT) is possible
    (13.) ability to mount the multiple guns on the LAAT and have multiple people on board and NOT on rails; you fly it or A.I....
    (14.) spider droids
    (15.) mini spider droids
    etc, etc , etc on and on....

DICE/ Criterion and Motive have big shoes to fill to try and compete with what Lucas Arts (George Lucas) and Pandemic did. But they have finally moved beyond baby steps.

I have hope we will see some semblance of “Conquest”.

“There is always hope.”
  • Conquest without proper Squad system would be terrible! Please allow us to play with our friends!

Well... you can. I don't know what platform you're on, but on PS4 you can just go up to the "Social Hub" in the top left corner and add your friends to your Multiplayer Group and play together with everyone highlighted green. I'm assuming this works through Origin on PC? We've even had two different PSN parties playing together by going into our party settings and switching from Party Chat to Game Chat and we've all been able to talk to each other.

You are not playing with friends at all... the current "system" just puts you on the same server but you are not playing together like in Battlefield where i can spawn at my friends and have a entire squad etc
  • UnknownGamer
    1928 posts Member
    + one for the Conquest

+ one for the Conquest

Yeah that too.

I enjoy SWBF (2004) for the:
    (1.) prone position
    Would love that.
    (2.) ability to destroy any planet with the Deathstar in “Galactic Conquest”
    (3.) the Renvar Citadel map with towers you can snipe from
    (4.) the Deathstar retractable bridges [use a timer bomb]
    (5.) the Deathstar trash compactor will actually crush you if you fail to get out
    Was in the old one, super fun. Same thing with 4.
    (6.) the Tatooine Dune Sea map the Sarlaac can actually grab you and pull you down to your doom
    Need this
    (7.) the Bespin Platforms map [so epic in its lay out]
    (8.) the Bespin Cloud City map it actually permits you to go out on the balcony where Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker fought [DICE’s did NOT]...why I have no idea.
    (9.) the Geonosis Spire map [mega epic]
    Battle of Geonosis was a fun map in the 2005 map, had ATTEs and such.
    (10.) the Mos Eisley map with its numerous turret emplacements
    (11.) the kick tail soundtrack
    (12.) the Endor Bunker map where you actually have to plant charges (like SWROTJ), to take the bunker out of commission and convert it to your control point
    Wish we could go in the bunkers. Use to run a speeder down it it, and jump off just in time to capture the command post while my speeder crashed into the power area.
    (13.) Yavin 4 Temple where there is a near by smaller pyramid you can actually climb and snipe from
    How are your third person sniping skills with an ariel in the meantime?
    (14.) Yavin 4 Temple where there is a near by rock causeway you can actually go out on and snipe from

I enjoy SWBF (2005) for the:
    (1.) the ability to play as Heroes and Villains
    (2.) the Coruscant map
    (3.) the Dagobah map
    (4.) the Felucia map actually has monsters that can attack you
    (5.) the Jabba’s Palace map the Rancor can actually swallow you whole
    (6.) the Kamino map with access to ALL platforms plus the Cloning Facilty
    (7.) the Mustafar map
    (8.) the Mageeto map
    (9.) the Pollis Massa map
    (10.) the Tantive IV map
    (11.) the Utapau map
    (12.) the Yavin IV map
    (13.) Hunt mode
    (14.) all space maps and the ability to land your craft to fight inside the enemy vessel, while others fight outside against it in space...so epic.
    YES
    (15.) Space CTF (capture the flag)
    Destroyable ships, too.

Highlights from both maps:
    (1.) the ability to take off and land your star fighter
    (2.) “Conquest Mode” itself
    (3.) CTF [capture the flag]/ 1 flag or 2 flags
    (4.) engineers ability to hack and highjack an enemy vehicle
    (5.) engineers the ability to blow up bridges and also repair them, robots and turrets
    (6.) you run out of ammo energy and need to go to a gonk droid to get more
    (7.) no automatic healing you go to a medical droid to heal
    (8.) the engineer doubles as a medic and drops bacta
    (9.) the engineer is nick named “the regulator” because he uses the laser shotgun
    (10.) destroyer droids need I say more
    (11.) magna guards
    (12.) more then one person in a ground vehicle (dual ranging up to the whole team such as a AT-AT) is possible
    (13.) ability to mount the multiple guns on the LAAT and have multiple people on board and NOT on rails; you fly it or A.I....
    (14.) spider droids
    (15.) mini spider droids
    etc, etc , etc on and on....

DICE/ Criterion and Motive have big shoes to fill to try and compete with what Lucas Arts (George Lucas) and Pandemic did. But they have finally moved beyond baby steps.

I have hope we will see some semblance of “Conquest”.
    You, my friend, know where the money is at. :smile:
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • dev71
    14 posts Member
    Yea, I've stopped playing because we dont have this. Back to back scenarios on rails on the same map makes it's super boring. No interest in the cute ewok and jetpack modes, or even HvH. This game should have been built around a true conquest mode.
  • UnknownGamer
    1928 posts Member
    dev71 wrote: »
    Yea, I've stopped playing because we dont have this. Back to back scenarios on rails on the same map makes it's super boring. No interest in the cute ewok and jetpack modes, or even HvH. This game should have been built around a true conquest mode.

Conquest. Conquest will save the game if they add it and correctly. Otherwise, players will continue to feel as if they are on an endless loop. GA has very little decision making, as do the rest. You just choose your class, gun, and when you pull the trigger essentially.
    34klo3e3nlma.jpeg
    Threads Want
    I want...
    El-16HFE rof buff
    Engineer class
    OOM-9
    Dual pistols
    Umbara
    Utapau
    Dwarf spider droid
    Homing Spider Droid
    Snail Tank
    Saber tank
    RO Jedha tank
    RO season
  • Revan1
    326 posts Member
    I'm seriously hoping they add this mode in Season 2. The OG Battlefronts were built off conquest mode, and I agree that this game feels incomplete without it. The linearity of GA and it's limitation through map boundaries make it feel so repetitive and boring to me at this point. A large free-roaming mode should be a top priority at this point, why even make such beautifully designed maps if they're not even gonna be fully utilized?
  • Starmasui73146
    1533 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    MaceBendu wrote: »
    Seriously? What a major disappointment. This is all just recycled gameplay anyway from old games.

How does EA get off not offering any new Heroes/Villains with this update? What are they even spending their time on?

I really don't understand; fans of this game have ALL been asking for the same thing since its release, and EA turns around and gives us the exact opposite. This is why this game is failing. They spent all their times on completely pointless progression updates and useless game modes like Ewok Hunt and Jetpack Cargo. It's honestly just a ploy to keep us distracted from the fact that

I'd also like to address the rumors that EA is planning to abandon Battlefront 2 as a flop. IF YOU JUST GAVE US CLONE WARS CONTENT IT WOULD LITERALLY SAVE THIS GAME. I don't know what's so hard for EA to understand about this. I also heard that EA has a policy to actively ignore ALL social media commentary, which is ridiculous, because those are the people who are telling them exactly what's wrong with their game.

I need to know two things from EA, and I need only a yes or no answer, not some beat-around-the-push, publicist answer:

1. Are we EVER going to get the Clone Wars content we've been promised for months and months?
    2. Are we EVER even going to get new, playable characters?

I couldn't possibly be more disappointed with this "Solo Season." I'm sure most of you feel the same way. I really hope EA starts to actually listen and gets its life together before they just throw this game out the window.

I think BF1 and SWBF2 are tests to study players behaviours to do a better game in the future.

They know they failed and are now just testing things for a future profit in another launch.

Well if that was the case I go back to my former quote, “If it ain’t broke don’t fix it, “ (i.e.- Star Wars Battfront 2 [2005]); there was no need to alter anything the system worked well. I’m playing it on my X-Box One in 2018 for goodness sake. I get they wanted to be unique but Conquest was at the very core of the franchise. If you are correct and these two games are a guinea pig experiment then the results should show the vast majority want “Conquest mode”.

Seriously this is just sad one guy on his personal computer created a primitive Conquest Mode and DICE hasn’t even done it with 100 people (rolls eyes). We aren’t trying to be hurtful but obviously they can’t be trying that hard. If AI is the issue you have my permission to port the AI from the 2005 Pandemic game. It may not be perfect but it was fun as heck.

Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2249 posts Member
    MaceBendu wrote: »
    Seriously? What a major disappointment. This is all just recycled gameplay anyway from old games.

How does EA get off not offering any new Heroes/Villains with this update? What are they even spending their time on?

I really don't understand; fans of this game have ALL been asking for the same thing since its release, and EA turns around and gives us the exact opposite. This is why this game is failing. They spent all their times on completely pointless progression updates and useless game modes like Ewok Hunt and Jetpack Cargo. It's honestly just a ploy to keep us distracted from the fact that

I'd also like to address the rumors that EA is planning to abandon Battlefront 2 as a flop. IF YOU JUST GAVE US CLONE WARS CONTENT IT WOULD LITERALLY SAVE THIS GAME. I don't know what's so hard for EA to understand about this. I also heard that EA has a policy to actively ignore ALL social media commentary, which is ridiculous, because those are the people who are telling them exactly what's wrong with their game.

I need to know two things from EA, and I need only a yes or no answer, not some beat-around-the-push, publicist answer:

1. Are we EVER going to get the Clone Wars content we've been promised for months and months?
    2. Are we EVER even going to get new, playable characters?

I couldn't possibly be more disappointed with this "Solo Season." I'm sure most of you feel the same way. I really hope EA starts to actually listen and gets its life together before they just throw this game out the window.

I think BF1 and SWBF2 are tests to study players behaviours to do a better game in the future.

They know they failed and are now just testing things for a future profit in another launch.

Well if that was the case I go back to my former quote, “If it ain’t broke don’t fix it, “ (i.e.- Star Wars Battfront 2 [2005]); there was no need to alter anything the system worked well. I’m playing it on my X-Box One in 2018 for goodness sake. I get they wanted to be unique but Conquest was at the very core of the franchise. If you are correct and these two games are a guinea pig experiment then the results should show the vast majority want “Conquest mode”.

Seriously this is just sad one guy on his personal computer created a primitive Conquest Mode and DICE hasn’t even done it with 100 people (rolls eyes). We aren’t trying to be hurtful but obviously they can’t be trying that hard. If AI is the issue you have my permission to port the AI from the 2005 Pandemic game. It may not be perfect but it was fun as heck.

DICE, what is going on? One guy got this made and working?? Come on give us Conquest already!
  • col_Herbst_Gille
    240 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    All this is about one thing... EA/DICE never listen to us, sadly it is truth :-( All this thread and tons of texts wich was written is pointless....

KEK you EA/DICE
  • Kniphtee
    991 posts Member
    DICE, hire the Zebra!
  • I vote yes!
    GT (Xbox, PS4, PC): xxRustyRelicxx
  • It's a yes from me.
  • Lol they are greedy to pay for that dam good man with his skill, it is EA/DICE :-D :-D :-D, but yea I vote +1 too