criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar

We Want Conquest Mode Everyone who wants this answer Make this thread big

Replies

• Having had a chance to play Galactic Assault for a while, I definitively agree that we need Conquest or something like it. I largely avoided Walker Assault in the last game because of the linear timed nature of it. While not perfect, Supremacy was more enjoyable since there was a push and pull going back and forth on the map rather than a linear march in only one direction. More choice is good and leads to more dynamic matches.
    #JustSayNoToReyLo
  • Definitely want conquest mode! Was my favorite game mode in the original Battlefronts. I love this game but hope it ends up getting both conquest mode and a competitive mode.
  • Conquest is a must. DICE could instantly wipe out most of the negativity towards this game by adding Conquest. The fact Conquest is the staple of their own Battlefield series makes it's omission from this game puzzling. I wouldn't be surprised if they are being specifically told not to put it in, thus making Battlefield and Battlefront very different games.
  • Troopper_FoFo
    1057 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I just find conquest extremely boring. Running from meaningless flag to meaningless flag.

There is never any point in trying to defend a flag and you might as well just move onto the next always trying to keep 1 flag head of your enemy.

Now if those flags are more than just flags. Turn the flags into special buildings or locations that grant the team access to unique units and are worth defending.

Like a shooter version of Empire at war in a way. Then I might be might be more interested.

Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • Conquest is a must. DICE could instantly wipe out most of the negativity towards this game by adding Conquest. The fact Conquest is the staple of their own Battlefield series makes it's omission from this game puzzling. I wouldn't be surprised if they are being specifically told not to put it in, thus making Battlefield and Battlefront very different games.

GA is very similar to the Rush mode. Sure, if the community wants Conquest in some form then we should get it. EA said that they are listening and a Conquest mode or open map modes is which the community wants and the game needs.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• I just find conquest extremely boring. Running from meaningless flag to meaningless flag.

There is never any point in trying to defend a flag and you might as well just move onto the next always trying to keep 1 flag head of your enemy.

Now if those flags are more than just flags. Turn the flags into special buildings or locations that grant the team access to unique units and are worth defending.

Like a shooter version of Empire at war in a way. Then I might be might be more interested.

First of all, in Star Wars they are called command posts ;) Also we are requesting more Battlefront Conquest not the Battlefield version. However, I think that EA is open for ideas and slightly different points. E.g. in the original Battlefront the Rebels had the shield generator as a CP which was destroyable and the Empire two playable AT-ATs as moveable CPs.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• ArchAngeL_777
    1809 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Conquest is a must. DICE could instantly wipe out most of the negativity towards this game by adding Conquest. The fact Conquest is the staple of their own Battlefield series makes it's omission from this game puzzling. I wouldn't be surprised if they are being specifically told not to put it in, thus making Battlefield and Battlefront very different games.

GA is very similar to the Rush mode. Sure, if the community wants Conquest in some form then we should get it. EA said that they are listening and a Conquest mode or open map modes is which the community wants and the game needs.

Yeah it is very similar to Rush mode which was the main mode in the Bad Company games. They did add Conquest mode to those games though in the form of DLC as I recall. Then they straight went back to Conquest as the main mode with Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4.

They can still have Galactic Assault be a secondary game mode as Rush mode is in Battlefield 3 and 4.

• YES!!! CONQUEST FOR EVERYONE
  • Haven't read the whole thread but as a diehard Battlefield player for exactly one year now who's surprisingly enjoying the *#$% out of this... conquest gets my vote. It accounts for 95% of my play time in BF1.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Similar thread on Reddit.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7e99ks/im_pretty_confused_on_why_conquest_is_not_a_game/
    Also, we shouldn't forget that we were requesting those modes over 2 years in this forum and other sources like YouTube or Twitter.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• I just want to first point out that for the most part I am enjoying the game, but it seems EA has not learned from their mistakes. The visuals in the game are amazing, and the attention to detail to all the trooper costumes and iconic scenes from the movies is impeccable. But visuals alone do not make a game. EA Games has sold us a slab of marble, that contains within it a beautiful masterpiece. But at the moment it is rigid and kind of annoying. They just need to chip away a few pieces, maybe glue some old ones back on as well, and we"ll have a classic Star Wars game that we can all agree was finally worth our money.

CAMPAIGN:
    My complaints on the campaign will contain Spoilers, so anyone that has not finished it yet may not want to read this section. I did enjoy the campaign of this game, I loved the idea of playing as an Imperial Special Forces Commander fighting rebels for a change in a Star Wars game. The story itself was interesting and intertwined with some of the classic Star Wars characters we have come to know and love. I am just disappointed with the overall outcome of the story and its predictability. EA had a real chance to create a new point of view never before seen in the Star Wars universe, that of Iden Versio, a battle-hardened Imperial Commando who has devoted her entire life to the Empire and ousting the Rebel Alliance. They gave us two missions of this, then had her join the rebel alliance and back to killing storm troopers like we've done a million times. Once this happened I seemed to lose some interest in the plot as it became seemingly predictable.

MULTIPLAYER:
    This is where the bulk of my grievances with the game lye. For starters, and probably the most common problem we all have with the game is the progression system. Honestly I don't even fully understand how it works. This is a simple system that has been implemented over and over again in multiplayer games for over a decade. Play the game, level up your account. Play as the assault class, level up your assault class rank. There is hardly anything to it. EA decided they would try something new, and somehow twisted the Star and Ability cards into the Progression system. Just get rid of this part, and let DICE run the same Progression system from Battlefield One and BAM! Problem solved. Next is the weapons. I have several complaints about weapons from different classes, but let's start with assault. I had this same problem with the last Battlefront, and none of the assault rifle weapons function the way I would like them to. The base weapon for each faction (Clones, Droids, etc.) all have about the same stats and all have too slow a rate of fire. The rate of fire is actually a problem with all the assault weapons minus the submachine blaster which instead loses all accuracy after firing a short burst. I also do not like the fact that the base weapons cannot be customized and are exclusive to their factions. The game already allows heroes / villains to be played out of era, so what is the problem with the weapons? Another problem, and I'm not sure if it is with weapons or health, is that it seems to take too long to kill another player in the game which results in a massive amount of assists and general frustration. Enemy players are simply able to combat roll out of danger after receiving what would seem like a fatal amount of laser bolts to the face and chest. When it comes to classes, I am not a fan of the locked in abilities. For assault, the scanning dart just seems like a wasted space. I would rather have practically anything else than that pointless thing. And the vanguard shotgun is a hit and miss. It seems like there is a major damage drop off in a difference of about a foot. On top of that, there shouldn't even be a shot gun in the game. This is Star Wars! Another problem is the controls for activating your center ability. Having to press RB and LB (R1 and L1) at the same time makes no sense when your other abilities are activated by pressing just one of the two. Too many times I have tried to activate the center ability only to throw a thermal detonator or pull out that awful scanning dart. Just change it to the "Y" button like it was in the 2015 game and everything will be fine. There's no action for the button anyway in the game, so that would be an easy fix. And on the subject of abilities, the shield ability for the Heavy class seems too over powered. I was playing as Darth Maul and was unable to kill an enemy with my light saber while they had the shield deployed, and when playing as a normal trooper it seems like the shield is impenetrable. Changing the subject from players to gameplay, one of my biggest problems is with Galactic Assault. For those of you that play Battlefield, you are familiar with this game type. The two teams clash for control of two or three objectives at a time, one defending and one attacking, and the attackers have a limited amount of team lives between objectives, and if they run out they lose the match. This is a fun game type, but can become frustrating when you want to play a full match and the opposing team defends the first objective successfully and ends the match shortly after it started. I don't think they should do away with this, but bring back the classic Battlefront / Battlefield style we all bought the game for. Bring back the 5 or 6 objectives and huge maps that take minutes to run through with your character. People want to have the entire map open at one time, to allow for all out war or be able to fly a ship from one side to the other. Finally, I think I will end with the spawning and squad systems. First, get rid of the spawning system in place. It is absolutely terrible, takes entirely too long, and fails with the incentive of sticking together to earn extra points. I don't know the people I'm spawning in with or what class they're using, so there's a good chance we are going separate ways once we spawn. Implement a squad system, and in doing so can solve the spawning system issue. Once again, let DICE adopt their squad system from Battlefield One and players will be a lot happier. I hope I have covered all the issues I have with the game, and also hope that these complaints do not fall on deaf ears. Please EA, fix this game. I want to love it so much, but I cannot say that I do with complete honesty. May the force be with us all.
  • I just find conquest extremely boring. Running from meaningless flag to meaningless flag.

Whilst I completely disagree about what you think of conquest, these ideas would definitely add something extra and improve the experience.
  • +1 on this mode
  • Well in fact I guess it's the only mode we should have to start with...don't get me wrong I really like starfighter assault and galactic assault, but conquest is still the -very basic- mode all players should benefit in a game like this one. So +1 :-)
  • RaNdOmKiLs666
    193 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    This is the second time DICE didn't add a proper conquest mode. It was literally the main game mode to play in both of Pandemics SWBF.

Now please add 32v32 Conquest DICE
    Post edited by RaNdOmKiLs666 on
    1pw96s.gif
  • Not to mention Games that actually last for 20 to 30 Minutes instead of the 3 Minutes it takes to win a match as Defender. Its the first game where i am actually trying to ignore the first objectives and im angry if i win too soon.
  • This game is sooooooo close to Pandemics:
    (1.) We have the class system
    (2.) We have vehicles.
    (3.) We have the animals to ride.
    (4.) We have a costumized offline game mode.

Nnnnnnnow DICE...take the last step...Conquest game mode. Oh and please have it that whatever control points you have, we can choose which one we want to spawn in on, thank you. You ROCK! B)

P.S.- gorgeous maps
    “There is always hope.”
  • Wzn
    11 posts Member
    SW:BF2 need Conquest!

I am and have been a huge Battlefield fan with the titles 1942, Bad Company, 3, 4 and now BF1. I love all the games as they are so versatile when it comes to mode and maps.

With this in mind I decided to get Battlefront 2 and oh man what a disapointment.

Why is everything random in BF2 vs Battlefield? Random maps, random squads, random spawn, progression and so on. To be honest I almost feel tricked getting this game as I thought it was a Battlefield with Star Wars theme.

Dont get me totally wrong - Galatic Assault is a nice game mode and reminds of "Rush" and the new "Operations" in BF1 but its very narrow gameplay. You spawn, run 150m and are stuck on the objective. Rinse and repeat and if you are not the top3 you can forget about spawning with a hero.

I thought this was an "open world" with huge maps, spawnable multiplayer vehicles with the extras of heroes and "hero vehicles"...

I suspect we are not getting it and its going to be the reason I will stop playing this game a month or two down the road.

Its sad as Im a huge Star Wars fan. I want to be able to play the huge Conquest maps and occansionally jump into Assault mode for fast pace action.

As it looks right now this is my first SW game after the Battlefront 2005 and without any changes to Browser, Squads, Spawns or Conquest it will be the last. Sadly.
  • meh, galactic assault gives me variety of maps and game types/objectives.
  • Yeah I agree. I want Conquest too but not like the one in Battlefield. I don't want to feel like I'm playing a battlefield game. If I did I would go play one.

I hate to break it to you, but I've played a lot of Battlefield and this feels just like Battlefield, except with 3rd Person.
  • Wzn wrote: »
    I thought this was an "open world" with huge maps, spawnable multiplayer vehicles with the extras of heroes and "hero vehicles"...

I wonder why you thought this because it was never promoted as such.
  • Indiana_Jim
    2073 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    @Kulfool501 Please use paragraphs? That is so hard to read.
    Kulfool501 wrote: »
    Play the game, level up your account. Play as the assault class, level up your assault class rank.

Dennis has said they are going to be working to get closer to that idea, based on feedback.
    None of the assault rifle weapons function the way I would like them to

OK well them's the breaks. We can't have changes to weapons based on the way you would like them. You have different rates of fire. So the base weapons can't be customized. That's why you advance into better weapons which have upgrades. The submachine blaster has a stability modifier. Get it and use it.
    it seems to take too long to kill another player in the game which results in a massive amount of assists and general frustration. Enemy players are simply able to combat roll out of danger after receiving what would seem like a fatal amount of laser bolts to the face and chest.

Shoot them in the head. That tends to work better, and maybe you're just not hitting them as much as you think. I'd like to find this combat roll of invincibility because it doesn't work that way for me lol.
    I am not a fan of the locked in abilities. For assault, the scanning dart just seems like a wasted space. I would rather have practically anything else than that pointless thing.

So this is really easy to fix: EQUIP SOMETHING ELSE.
    And the vanguard shotgun is a hit and miss. It seems like there is a major damage drop off in a difference of about a foot. On top of that, there shouldn't even be a shot gun in the game. This is Star Wars!

So there shouldn't be a short-range spread-fire weapon? There is a reason shotguns were invented and it wasn't just to hunt pheasant. You're saying the Star Wars universe wouldn't have one? Get real. Or fictional. Whichever.
    Another problem is the controls for activating your center ability. Having to press RB and LB (R1 and L1) at the same time makes no sense when your other abilities are activated by pressing just one of the two. Too many times I have tried to activate the center ability only to throw a thermal detonator or pull out that awful scanning dart.

Get better at pushing them. I and many others have no problem.
    I was playing as Darth Maul and was unable to kill an enemy with my light saber while they had the shield deployed

Three hits. One to the shield, two to the player. It's not difficult.
    and when playing as a normal trooper it seems like the shield is impenetrable

That's the point of the heavy. Change your tactics. (HINT: shoot their feet)
    Bring back the classic Battlefront / Battlefield style we all bought the game for.

I agree with bringing it back, but if that's what you bought the game for then you bought the wrong game. They didn't have Conquest in the first game, and they didn't advertise one for this game. You're on the internet, research the product.
    Bring back the 5 or 6 objectives and huge maps that take minutes to run through with your character.

HE|| NO! Do you know how much running there is already? I don't want to spend five minutes running across the **** map!
    First, get rid of the spawning system in place. It is absolutely terrible, takes entirely too long, and fails with the incentive of sticking together to earn extra points.

It's been wildly successful for many people. As long as you are close to one of your squad, playing the objective, you're going to rack up BP.
    I don't know the people I'm spawning in with or what class they're using

Um... you see what class they're using at the spawn screen.
    Implement a squad system, and in doing so can solve the spawning system issue.

How do you figure? I don't always like or play with my squad on Battlefield, it's not going to fix anything.

It sounds like you don't have any actual problems with the game, but issues of preference.
    Post edited by Indiana_Jim on
  • bfloo
    15930 posts Member
    Wzn wrote: »

They went out of their way to make clear we weren't getting this.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• All for conquest and command posts!
  • Agreed conquest mode needed asap
  • Wzn
    11 posts Member

Well, as I said some of it is my fault but being Dice and promoting it like "huge galactic warfare" pretty much sets my mind up for a Battlefield-like gameplay. If it would be promoted as a "Star Wars"-Division I would never ever buy it.

This "assault"-like gameplay with 100m corridor-maps/spawns is getting old really quickly. Not being able to choose map is another one. This far Ive had Hooth ONCE and Kashyyk landing as a droid (during night, holy ***** that was beautiful) ONCE.

It just feels like this is extremely kids oriented and they are not expected to care about linear progression (class for class), being able to choose squads, maps or modes.

Lets face it - Galactic Assault is a up-scaled CQB-mode with 40 players with occansional vehicles but are all still corridor-style.

I wish this was a month to month subscriber game as of now its going to collect dust and be played when BF1 is getting to "serious" and I want a play-break.

Its just sad seeing all the potential being lost when the devs other game/s is one of the most iconic game series ever.
  • Wzn
    11 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

Not sure if serious or not, but to me this has been promoted as a Battlefield rather than a Division.

Basicly all the gameplay Ive seen from the game on Youtube has also been on those rare occasions when its "large open world" and not a corridor cqb-game.
  • I'm joining this fight too. I understand it's not a priority right now but it would be nice to see it done.
  • bfloo
    15930 posts Member

Not sure if serious or not, but to me this has been promoted as a Battlefield rather than a Division.

Basicly all the gameplay Ive seen from the game on Youtube has also been on those rare occasions when its "large open world" and not a corridor cqb-game.

How did you quote me saying that? it isn't even my comment. lol

h846398gb27k.png

• Gaz
    53 posts Member
    I totally agree
  • Yeah conquest would be great, maybe on some new maps too (gyonosis for example).
  • I agree right now I really only blast
  • Yes. Add Conquest.
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • Agreed. And a real conquest (at last 4 flags). Not like supremacy
  • This will also give way to better armor and star fighters to be added in the game.
  • +1 from me. At least Conquest would go a little way to saving a game that's been a major disappointment to most from day one.

How DICE/EA came up this product this after the criticisms and failings of the 2015 version is beyond me. Companies are supposed to learn from their mistakes.
    PSN: TheSuperWaz // XBL: TheSuperWaz
  • Yes!! the old Battlefront 2 was a great game with different gameplay modes!
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited November 2017

Are you for or against it? Even DICE and EA should be interested to bring open modes. Otherwise the community might deminish too quick and they won't earn the money they wanted.
    By the way, we got our Space Battles ;)
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• bfloo
    15930 posts Member

Are you for or against it? Even DICE and EA should be interested to bring open modes. Otherwise the community might deminish too quick and they won't earn the money they wanted.

With the narrow maps, I'd rather have Supremacy.

Conquest is going to turn into whichever team spawn traps the other first wins.

Look on the Battlefield1 forums and read the complaints about Suez conquest, then think about every map being that way.

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

Look on the Battlefield1 forums and read the complaints about Suez conquest, then think about every map being that way.

Depends on map design mistakes. Also Star Wars has more possibilites due to the advanced technology.
    Supremacy in Battlefront (2015) had a spawn point mechanic. With using this knowledge you could abuse it. Moreover, there were many situations were you had no change to recapture points due to map design issues and the fixed spawn point mechanic.
    I can't image that large battles like Geonosis can be linear small corridors. I and the game need variety.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• bfloo
    15930 posts Member

Depends on map design mistakes. Also Star Wars has more possibilites due to the advanced technology.
    Supremacy in Battlefront (2015) had a spawn point mechanic. With using this knowledge you could abuse it. Moreover, there were many situations were you had no change to recapture points due to map design issues and the fixed spawn point mechanic.
    I can't image that large battles like Geonosis can be linear small corridors. I and the game need variety.

If they make the maps wider, I am all for conquest.

There are points on the maps where you can throw a thermal from one border to the other.

h846398gb27k.png

• @Kulfool501 Please use paragraphs? That is so hard to read.
    Play the game, level up your account. Play as the assault class, level up your assault class rank.

Dennis has said they are going to be working to get closer to that idea, based on feedback.
    None of the assault rifle weapons function the way I would like them to

OK well them's the breaks. We can't have changes to weapons based on the way you would like them. You have different rates of fire. So the base weapons can't be customized. That's why you advance into better weapons which have upgrades. The submachine blaster has a stability modifier. Get it and use it.
    it seems to take too long to kill another player in the game which results in a massive amount of assists and general frustration. Enemy players are simply able to combat roll out of danger after receiving what would seem like a fatal amount of laser bolts to the face and chest.

Shoot them in the head. That tends to work better, and maybe you're just not hitting them as much as you think. I'd like to find this combat roll of invincibility because it doesn't work that way for me lol.
    I am not a fan of the locked in abilities. For assault, the scanning dart just seems like a wasted space. I would rather have practically anything else than that pointless thing.

So this is really easy to fix: EQUIP SOMETHING ELSE.
    And the vanguard shotgun is a hit and miss. It seems like there is a major damage drop off in a difference of about a foot. On top of that, there shouldn't even be a shot gun in the game. This is Star Wars!

So there shouldn't be a short-range spread-fire weapon? There is a reason shotguns were invented and it wasn't just to hunt pheasant. You're saying the Star Wars universe wouldn't have one? Get real. Or fictional. Whichever.
    Another problem is the controls for activating your center ability. Having to press RB and LB (R1 and L1) at the same time makes no sense when your other abilities are activated by pressing just one of the two. Too many times I have tried to activate the center ability only to throw a thermal detonator or pull out that awful scanning dart.

Get better at pushing them. I and many others have no problem.
    I was playing as Darth Maul and was unable to kill an enemy with my light saber while they had the shield deployed

Three hits. One to the shield, two to the player. It's not difficult.
    and when playing as a normal trooper it seems like the shield is impenetrable

That's the point of the heavy. Change your tactics. (HINT: shoot their feet)
    Bring back the classic Battlefront / Battlefield style we all bought the game for.

I agree with bringing it back, but if that's what you bought the game for then you bought the wrong game. They didn't have Conquest in the first game, and they didn't advertise one for this game. You're on the internet, research the product.
    Bring back the 5 or 6 objectives and huge maps that take minutes to run through with your character.

HE|| NO! Do you know how much running there is already? I don't want to spend five minutes running across the **** map!
    First, get rid of the spawning system in place. It is absolutely terrible, takes entirely too long, and fails with the incentive of sticking together to earn extra points.

It's been wildly successful for many people. As long as you are close to one of your squad, playing the objective, you're going to rack up BP.
    I don't know the people I'm spawning in with or what class they're using

Um... you see what class they're using at the spawn screen.
    Implement a squad system, and in doing so can solve the spawning system issue.

How do you figure? I don't always like or play with my squad on Battlefield, it's not going to fix anything.

It sounds like you don't have any actual problems with the game, but issues of preference.

Seriously? Issues of preference? You gave no real solutions to any of those problems. Don't tell me I bought the wrong game, I've been playing battlefront since the first one released in 2004 and they have all had the same game mode except this one. All of your solutions are opinion based or you just didn't understand what I meant. Not even going to bother responding to all of your nit-picking. I just wanted to point out the problems I have with the game, and not have some loser with enough time to write ONE THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN posts on the forum page of a game that has only been out a few days critique my post. Get a job bro, EA's not paying you to write forums.
  • Blindchance
    45 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    At this point we can only dream about it, none of the maps are designed around conquest.

Lack of server browser, community servers, no good progression system. no conquest mode and shallow basic classes gameplay are the main reasons why this game's playerbase won't last long.

I especially annoyed they haven't tried to evolve the basic classes into something more complex to play. Where is basic in game interaction and teamplay like: dropping health, ammo, spawning on officers and in-game order system with squad VOIP. This isn't anything new really.

Also why no static squads? This game stinks so much of casual gamer design is just a gutted shell of what it should be.
  • At this point we can only dream about it, none of the maps are design around conquest.

Lack of server browser, community servers, conquest mode with combined warfare and deeper basic class gameplay are the main reasons why this game's playerbase won't last long. I especially annoyed they haven't tried to evolve the basic classes into something more complex to play. Basic in game interaction and teamplay like: dropping health, ammo, spawning on officers and in-game order system with sqad VOIP. This isn't anything new really.

Also why no static squads? This game stinks so much of casual gamer design is just a gutted shell of what it could be.

Spot on. It really is missing about 75% of the bits you'd expect in a top product, and doesn't even come close to the attention to detail given in Battlefield 1.
    PSN: TheSuperWaz // XBL: TheSuperWaz
  • Blindchance
    45 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    At this point we can only dream about it, none of the maps are design around conquest.

Lack of server browser, community servers, conquest mode with combined warfare and deeper basic class gameplay are the main reasons why this game's playerbase won't last long. I especially annoyed they haven't tried to evolve the basic classes into something more complex to play. Basic in game interaction and teamplay like: dropping health, ammo, spawning on officers and in-game order system with sqad VOIP. This isn't anything new really.

Also why no static squads? This game stinks so much of casual gamer design is just a gutted shell of what it could be.

Spot on. It really is missing about 75% of the bits you'd expect in a top product, and doesn't even come close to the attention to detail given in Battlefield 1.

I heavily edited my post, but I'm happy people still get what I meant with my lazy, late evening English. DICE should NOT be afraid of making Battlefront more like Battlefield. Old Battlefront games were far closer to Battlefield franchise in the game design. This franchise reboot is a huge missed opportunity.
  • At this point we can only dream about it, none of the maps are design around conquest.

I heavily edited my post, but I'm happy people still get what I meant with my lazy, late evening English. DICE should NOT be afraid of making Battlefront more like Battlefield. Old Battlefront games were far closer to Battlefield franchise in the game design. This franchise reboot is a huge missed opportunity.

I agree with you. If the mode is Conquest or another open map modes doesn't matter. In my opinion they could change Conquest a little bit or rename it. But playing the same small corridor over and over again can become very boring.
    On most of the GA maps you are forced to play on smaller maps without vehicles at the end.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Please DICE give us Conquest it was the main gamemode from the original battlefronts so I don't know why we won't get it in this years battlefront.

Let's capture a command post!!!

3 major reasons for Conquest or modes for open maps:
    • Higher Replayability
    • Star Wars Like Battles
    • Vehicle Combat

No! Give us Capture. The best game mode in the original.
  • I'd love for conquest to come back. I miss the ample maps, trying to get back enemy lines and so on. I like galactic assault but conquest would be a nice complement