criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

We Want Conquest Mode Everyone who wants this answer Make this thread big

Replies

• no conquest needed. would further split community. GA is fine
  • Wzn
    11 posts Member
    no conquest needed. would further split community. GA is fine

Sure, GA is fine if you want a 20v20 cqc game with vehicles on rails on a narrow map.

Community is already split due to not offering Conquest. I know I feel decieved and I know a ton of friends not getting it because its a Division-Battlefront rather than Battlefield-Battlefront.

I dont get why you give Dice a job to create a "Activision Game" rather than what has made Dice what it is.

Where is the versatility? Ive had the game for 1w and already getting bored. It has nothing else to offer than CQC.
  • bfloo
    15961 posts Member
    Wzn wrote: »

Sure, GA is fine if you want a 20v20 cqc game with vehicles on rails on a narrow map.

Community is already split due to not offering Conquest. I know I feel decieved and I know a ton of friends not getting it because its a Division-Battlefront rather than Battlefield-Battlefront.

I dont get why you give Dice a job to create a "Activision Game" rather than what has made Dice what it is.

Where is the versatility? Ive had the game for 1w and already getting bored. It has nothing else to offer than CQC.

How can you feel deceived, they have said from day 1 it wont be like Battlefield.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    bfloo wrote: »

How can you feel deceived, they have said from day 1 it wont be like Battlefield.

Since when is Conquest or open maps Battlefield? It's not and we want Battlefront as good as possible. No matter if there is Battlefield from the same studio. Many of us want just enjoy this game without holding it's potential back, because there are people calling that it could be Battlefield.
    This linear maps only design has to stop. Conquest is a solution and highly requested.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Wzn
    11 posts Member
    As I said - Dice. Frostbite engine (created to be able to give the players the "destruction").

Give me a reason for Dice to create a large scale multiplayer SW in a Division format.

Dont call it large scale and show of Hoth (rare open-ish map) when you create a CQC game.
  • bfloo
    15961 posts Member

Since when I Conquest or open maps Battlefield? It's not and we want Battlefront as good as possible. No matter if there is Battlefield from the same studio. Many of us want just enjoy this game without holding it's potential back, because there are people calling that it could be Battlefield.
    This linear maps only design has to stop. Conquest is a solution and highly requested.

I was referring specifically to what Wzn said.

I think this game needs a back and forth mode, but I also don't think conquest will work on these maps. They are all long and narrow.

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

Since when I Conquest or open maps Battlefield? It's not and we want Battlefront as good as possible. No matter if there is Battlefield from the same studio. Many of us want just enjoy this game without holding it's potential back, because there are people calling that it could be Battlefield.

I think this game needs a back and forth mode, but I also don't think conquest will work on these maps. They are all long and narrow.

I don't mean on the current maps. Of course they are going to release future content and new maps. Therefore new maps which could be designed for this mode. The current maps are too small. The AT-ATs can't barely turn around :D
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    x

I don't mean on the current maps. Of course they are going to release future content and new maps. Therefore new maps which could be designed for this mode. The current maps are too small. The AT-ATs can't barely turn around :D

For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Hell Yeah! Give us Conquest goddammit!
  • YES we want a conquest mode.

The whole game right now is just a close quarter grenade random laser fest, with random position and no sense of strategic battles.

I am often an the top of the scoreboard or get a lot of battlepoint because I know what you need to do in this game to be "decent" but that doesn't mean that the game is really good or enjoyable, cause at the end of it there no sense of accomplishment. you dont feel bound to your team (not even mention the squad) you don't feel the victory, sometimes you are just playing to get the heroes or sometimes you are playing to really win the match, but eventually all the matches are too short, some games can end in less than 5 minutes.

I'll give few examples:
    Theed - palace close building random shooting
    Kamino - has anybody ever finished that match as attacker?
    Death Star, and other few phases with close quarter of other maps ar like a "Blast" match

The only maps Imho where there's more "stuff" to do are the open field maps, but what is the point of "Galactic Assault" if only 3 or 4 parts of few maps has it?

There are actually a lot of ways to improve this *****:
    - Give the whole reinforcements at once at least the attackers had 300 units to get the objective. They didnt get the first phase? Fine we still had at least a 15-20 minutes of game, was it a bit repetitive? ***** yes (or maybe) because the whole game design is bad!

So in the end don't you see that a conquest mode could really be a fun part for this game?

I do have fun but everything feels cut.

• Yes, 36 vs 36!!!
  • dano wrote: »
    Yes, 36 vs 36!!!

32vs32 750 tickets each side. Good old times :D
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• no conquest needed. would further split community. GA is fine

what? lol
  • I want this mode. I love it in both battlefield and original battlefront games. It would be epic. GA can get repetitive easily. Let's get conquest to freshen things up.
  • +1. Much prefer th big map feel of the 2015 title.
  • Extraction please
  • Yes i agree! We need space battles like the original battlefront 2,vehicle combat like the original 2 games and a galactic conquest mode! That and increasing player count to 64 would be a nice step too.
  • Frimmel wrote: »
    When Battlefront 2015 was coming out I didn't think I wanted a Star Wars skinned Battlefield game. I do in fact want a Star Wars skinned Battlefield game.

I've been trying to tell people this since before the 2015 release. Also a big reason why I didn't get that one, that and Their old DLC crap
    When Battlefront 2015 was coming out I didn't think I wanted a Star Wars skinned Battlefield game. I do in fact want a Star Wars skinned Battlefield game.

I've been trying to tell people this since before the 2015 release. Also a big reason why I didn't get that one, that and Their old DLC ****

whats funny is people don't know apparently but the original SWBF, not the revamp EA, was in fact inspired off a mod from Battlefield 1942 that had star wars on it. The board decided "make this mod a game" so yes if you play the original BF1942 and the original SWBF you will notice heavy similarities in the game style. there is obvious copyright they had to avoid but you get the point. Thats why it's so funny that the developers of Battlefield got to make Battlefront series. it was a franchise inspired by their previous franchise.
  • Without a conquest mode..this game is starting to feel pointless after a week of gameplay time and purple cards... I love this game. Please take it to the next level with a conquest
  • HvV_pro wrote: »
    Without a conquest mode..this game is starting to feel pointless after a week of gameplay time and purple cards... I love this game. Please take it to the next level with a conquest

We need conquest mode and we need it now lol
  • Bump for conquest.
  • Please DICE give us Conquest it was the main gamemode from the original battlefronts so I don't know why we won't get it in this years battlefront.

Let's capture a command post!!!

3 major reasons for Conquest or modes for open maps:
    • Higher Replayability
    • Star Wars Like Battles
    • Vehicle Combat

Yes
  • Yeah i agree. Highly disappointing that there isn't more modes that take advantage of these great maps. I mean to not see operations (like in battlefield 1) huge waste of a opportunity. Especially considering there's an actual story line to play with and one they made themselves.
  • I just want a walker assult type mode, fairly big maps but not the camp fest known as battlefield1. It's a good mix of being big but forces you a certain way to have to fight. Never played conquest so it may be great, but if it's a reskin of battlefield 1 no thanks, don't want another camp fest for the lack of gun skill players.
  • /voteforconquest
  • Yes. Make it so.
  • I just want a walker assult type mode, fairly big maps but not the camp fest known as battlefield1. It's a good mix of being big but forces you a certain way to have to fight. Never played conquest so it may be great, but if it's a reskin of battlefield 1 no thanks, don't want another camp fest for the lack of gun skill players.

Conquest is full large map domination match. Hold the flag, usually 5 flags

Agreed
  • So now I had SWBF2 for a week and is with mixed feeling I´m sitting here....

SP: not very EPIC indeed... There is a plottwist already after the 2nd mission and I dont understand why... SCORE: 5/10

MP:
    Galactic Assault.... Too linear... Maps play out almost identical from server to server... Question is how far the attackers are allowed into the map.
    And also... Anyone else noticed that ALL (like litteraly ALL of them) end in a grenadespam funneling hoot... 6/10

Blast... Aka Team Deathmatch... But we are really not allowed to use the words "Death" and "Kill".... So Team Elimination-match... is like the basic gamemode which had to be included in the game by the devs. Maps feel sometimes too big for 10v10 matches and you end up with 9 teammates hunting down the enemy spawnpoints... 5/10

Sounds & grapics.... Are astonishing... A solid 10/10.... All in all I rate this game 5.5/10....

Things that needs to be addressed:
    - missing gamemodes
    - progessions system
    - weapon unlock weapon system
    -

BONUSQUESTION: What are crystals for? Since there are no statistics for the game I have no Idea how many hrs I have played and I have collected like 40´-50 crystals and I have no idea what these are for???
  • Really want conquest. +1
    "scnjbhsgchjth" - Death Trooper

• Please DICE give us Conquest it was the main gamemode from the original battlefronts so I don't know why we won't get it in this years battlefront.

Let's capture a command post!!!

3 major reasons for Conquest or modes for open maps:
    • Higher Replayability
    • Star Wars Like Battles
    • Vehicle Combat

Big yes on this one

• It should have been in the game from day 1.
  • I know Ive been frequent in this thread but this game really need some variation in the game mode.

Starfighter assault is great minus bots
    HvV I dont care about
    GA, Blast and the "objective"-mode is pretty much the same stuff. Same maps, same cqb-play.

Im getting really bored, fast.

Can the devs please chime in with something? Anything really.

If youre not going to add some of all the wishes that has been made, please let us know and we can move on.
  • Wzn wrote: »
    I know Ive been frequent in this thread but this game really need some variation in the game mode.

Starfighter assault is great minus bots
    HvV I dont care about
    GA, Blast and the "objective"-mode is pretty much the same stuff. Same maps, same cqb-play.

Im getting really bored, fast.

Can the devs please chime in with something? Anything really.

If youre not going to add some of all the wishes that has been made, please let us know and we can move on.
    I know what you mean. If EA really want us to play this game for a longer periode of time then Conquest would be nice. However, every other open maps mode is okay too.
    It annoyes me that on most maps which have vehicles it's only the first phase, but at the 2nd you are forced into a small inside map.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• bfloo
    15961 posts Member
    I'd even take domination on the HvV maps at this point.

Being forced to defend on GA is getting old quick.

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

Dominition with 20 heroes sounds like fun :)
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• bfloo
    15961 posts Member

Dominition with 20 heroes sounds like fun :)

I'm in!

Maybe by 2020 we'll have enough

h846398gb27k.png

• Conquest mode and Galactic Conquest!
  • Conquest and Galconquest
    Conquest mode and Galactic Conquest!

+this!!!!! SP and MP :D
  • This was the original thread. Unfortunately, it was disabled, because someone tried to do a petition and PoolShark couldn't enable it anymore. However, let's try to bump @FireWall and others DICE devs to get at least open maps/modes for the 3 major reasons, because we would love to play this game further. It has some significant improvements over the predecessor.
    • Higher Replayability
    • Star Wars Like Battles
    • Vehicle Combat

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/70315/wewantconquestmode-everyone-who-wants-this-answer-make-this-thread-big#latest
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Yes PLEASE. Conquest is what makes battlefield games SOOOO GOOOOOD. I personally hate using vehicles but god damn I love blowing them up!
  • It was expected to be in the game... It was quite the disappointment. We will need a server browser before we look into 64 players. Their servers right now are garbage and they won’t be making much extra cash now with all the refunds and no pay to win. ;)
  • Yes to Conquest. Can we make a poll?
  • Adding conquest is a must!
  • @Sledgehammer70 and StarWarsHQ recently said that Conquest is possible.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Sassaroth wrote: »
    Yes to Conquest. Can we make a poll?

I would love to see an in game poll. However, let's try to keep this thread at the top, thus many more can see it. Forum polls don't exist here.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• If anyone has a good Reddit account then it would make sense to share it there as well.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png