criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
November Community Calendar
Double XP Event

We Want Conquest Mode Everyone who wants this answer Make this thread big

Replies

• Still want this.
    Oh, and an option for troopers only mode, no heroes.

Though this might take private servers, and i doubt ea is up for that.
  • +1 here... bought SWBF2 on releasedate... The game LOOKS & SOUNDS amazing... But looks & sounds means nothing in the long run...

Unfortunately I havent touched the game for the past 4-5 weeks....

Galactic Assault too linear and repetitive
    Strike needs some tweaking
    HvV & Starfighter Assault are not my cuppa tea...

PLZ bring Conquest Gamemode to SWBF2....
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Let's see what @Sledgehammer70 and devs will tell us in the coming week.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Let's see what @Sledgehammer and devs tell us in the coming week.

i hope if they do this Galactic Conquest with 64 players. they also bring back good old Space Battles

Starfighter Assault is fun, expect for the ridiculously long milestones that are burning me out, but Space Battles was like Conquest in Space which made it so much fun. 2 flagships going head to head and you try to destroy the enemies ship before they destroy yours. no offense against defense. its both sides playing offense and defense on both sides.

• Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    Let's see what @Sledgehammer and devs tell us in the coming week.

i hope if they do this Galactic Conquest with 64 players. they also bring back good old Space Battles

Starfighter Assault is fun, expect for the ridiculously long milestones that are burning me out, but Space Battles was like Conquest in Space which made it so much fun. 2 flagships going head to head and you try to destroy the enemies ship before they destroy yours. no offense against defense. its both sides playing offense and defense on both sides.

At least Galactic Conquest would fit to Sledgehammer's comment regarding offline gameplay and in the campaign you could board a ship. So this should be possible. I would have so much fun with these modes. I would even pay extra for them^^
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• I wholeheartedly agree
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg

At least Galactic Conquest would fit to Sledgehammer's comment regarding offline gameplay and in the campaign you could board a ship. So this should be possible. I would have so much fun with these modes. I would even pay extra for them^^

Its liek i want new stuff but i also want, by the time they are finished with this game and move on, have everything that was great from SWBF1, SWBF2, and SWBFEA1 and more. all the cool heroes, all the cool ships and weapons and vehicles. I really want them to put in the FO Bombers from TLJ and some sort of equivalent Resistance Bomber and even the new FO TLJ Tie Interceptor and move the current one to the fighter class as the current FO Fighter is just basically nothing new. but ya there is a lot i wish they'd put in this game.
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2249 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    I'd also love for the old mode Hunt to return and all these game modes to be played in offline.

Sgt_Fergus wrote: »

Its liek i want new stuff but i also want, by the time they are finished with this game and move on, have everything that was great from SWBF1, SWBF2, and SWBFEA1 and more. all the cool heroes, all the cool ships and weapons and vehicles. I really want them to put in the FO Bombers from TLJ and some sort of equivalent Resistance Bomber and even the new FO TLJ Tie Interceptor and move the current one to the fighter class as the current FO Fighter is just basically nothing new. but ya there is a lot i wish they'd put in this game.

Last time I checked, the FO had no bombers
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg

I am pretty sure they have some. Otherwise, DICE can invent some stuff like Pandemic did with the tanks etc. The other option is to add some placeholder like the wookie warrior reinforcements.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

I don't think boarding ships is needed, but I would like the idea of having 2 flagships and you just destroy it as a team without having phases/(attacking/defending). Basically, whichever team has both a great offense and defense will destroy the other side's ship will win.

I am pretty sure they have some. Otherwise, DICE can invent some stuff like Pandemic did with the tanks etc. The other option is to add some placeholder like the wookie warrior reinforcements.

Post a pic.
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • Tomm3hgunn wrote: »

I don't think boarding ships is needed, but I would like the idea of having 2 flagships and you just destroy it as a team without having phases/(attacking/defending). Basically, whichever team has both a great offense and defense will destroy the other side's ship will win.

Increasing the fighter numbers to 64 and make some frigates or flag ships controlable has also potential.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

Post a pic.

I can't find one right now. Maybe they were not in the movie, but I am sure that a galactic force like the FO has bombers. Probably a similar design like the TIE Bombers.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

Post a pic.

I can't find one right now. Maybe they were not in the movie, but I am sure that a galactic force like the FO has bombers. Probably a similar design like the TIE Bombers.

True, but hey, the rebels never got a troop transport until rogue one
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg

Re-watch The Last Jedi very closely. The show off the new Tie-Interceptor and Tie-Bomber. It's only there very briefly. But it's also on the cover for the Bomber. Spoilers, it's not very creative.

maxresdefault.jpg
  • Some one modeled the Tie Interceptor and painted it. but yes again not very creative in design.

1756WGm.jpg?fb

If it had been this I would of given them props for

gus-mendonca-gm-firstorder-tieinterceptors.jpg?1463165591
  • I think a problem Dice might have with implementing conquest is giving each faction ground vehicles. Most games that have a conquest mode do different things with the vehicles.

OG battlefronts gave each side a medium tank type vehicle with other types here and there, like large walkers on specific maps. But all4 sides had a medium accept the empire/CIS who had different ones on certain maps.
    battlefield has symetrical vehicle styles , Homefront had a symetrical light, medium heavy layout. Quake wars was very asymetrical. Strogg had stronger vehicles GDF had apc type vehicles

Cant really set up this game like the originals. Republic doesnt have the TX130 anymore. Closest thing to a medium tank would be the ATAP:

Then what do you give the resistance? The first order has their version of the atst. The resistance doesnt have anything tank like.
    Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • I think a problem Dice might have with implementing conquest is giving each faction ground vehicles. Most games that have a conquest mode do different things with the vehicles.

OG battlefronts gave each side a medium tank type vehicle with other types here and there, like large walkers on specific maps. But all4 sides had a medium accept the empire/CIS who had different ones on certain maps.
    battlefield has symetrical vehicle styles , Homefront had a symetrical light, medium heavy layout. Quake wars was very asymetrical. Strogg had stronger vehicles GDF had apc type vehicles

Cant really set up this game like the originals. Republic doesnt have the TX130 anymore. Closest thing to a medium tank would be the ATAP:

Then what do you give the resistance? The first order has their version of the atst. The resistance doesnt have anything tank like.

you can been like the special unit classes like all light side has a wookie warrior for enforcer. i know its uncreative but still. as for the TX-130 idk how the republic doesnt have one. is this canon reasons? because if so, they can get approval by disney as we never see jetpacks used resistance of first order or other facts yet they have a jet packing class. so its possible they can bring back the old vehicles from the original.

Re-watch The Last Jedi very closely and you will see Tie Interceptor and Tie Bomber. it's even on the cover
    maxresdefault.jpg

Re-watch The Last Jedi very closely and you will see Tie Interceptor and Tie Bomber. it's even on the cover
    maxresdefault.jpg

This changes everything! Thanks!
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • Maybe in conquest objectives will only say, get extra reinforcements or make the other team lose reinforcements, or give you a better place to spawn in
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • Signed. This game needs a patch so badly.
  • Grey_B
    188 posts Member
    More match options? Sure! Especially if we can have open maps without air vehicles.

maxresdefault.jpg

This changes everything! Thanks!

You're welcome
  • Still very much pinging the team on this request.
    Thanks
    Sledgehammer70
    Star Wars Battlefront Community Guy
  • Still very much pinging the team on this request.

I’ll take that as a maybe! XD
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • Thanks @Sledgehammer70!
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • Is there anyone who doesnt want this? Just a case of if they can. I would be happy with any larger game mode that allows more heroes at once but Conquest is the dream.
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Still very much pinging the team on this request.

Thanks. We appreciate this^^
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Is there anyone who doesnt want this? Just a case of if they can. I would be happy with any larger game mode that allows more heroes at once but Conquest is the dream.
    :D I think people who play mainly (or only) small modes. Anyway, they are normally not against Conquest or other larger open modes.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• The maps are perfect for conquest mode. Players are free to go anywhere and spawn on the command posts, with the vehicles spawn also on the command post. That would be awesome!

This mode was also the most requested feature from the votes (250 people). https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/comment/860634#Comment_860634
  • Haven't the faintest idea why they don't just put in conquest and then doctor up the maps on player feedback - we are the test dummies for the game. DICE doesn't hire people to test it like back in the day - they just build it and throw it out there to see what sticks or what blows up. This should be a no brainer for DICE. It's not like spawn points or team balancing or weapon balancing or getting the game to load properly or anything incredibly difficult (it seems) like that.
  • Please add this
  • I'm with you guys.
  • +1000000 for Conquest mode. Should've been in the game at launch. The game is already getting incredibly boring. The whole "dynamic objectives" in Galactic Assault that they were promoting is a complete lie. Seriously, I'm ***** that I paid $80 for this completely unbalanced and boring game, and I'm ***** that I defended this game and EA prior to launch. I really wish I wouldn't have, but hindsight is 20/20 right. If you want to feel robbed, go download Warframe and see how much better that game is in comparison, and then remember that that game is completely FREE. I'm done with BF2 until they release a Conquest mode.
  • HyperactiveBear
    5 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    We need this mode! It's a basic mode and making it a conquest you could play with friends as a fresh new format would be great
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    +1000000 for Conquest mode. Should've been in the game at launch. The game is already getting incredibly boring. The whole "dynamic objectives" in Galactic Assault that they were promoting is a complete lie. Seriously, I'm **** that I paid $80 for this completely unbalanced and boring game, and I'm **** that I defended this game and EA prior to launch. I really wish I wouldn't have, but hindsight is 20/20 right. If you want to feel robbed, go download Warframe and see how much better that game is in comparison, and then remember that that game is completely FREE. I'm done with BF2 until they release a Conquest mode.

Yeah the current large modes are too scripted and 64 is minimum for large open maps, even they have to add bots. Otherwise, this game stays casual.
    Post edited by Ahsoka_Tano on
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• +1000000 for Conquest mode. Should've been in the game at launch. The game is already getting incredibly boring. The whole "dynamic objectives" in Galactic Assault that they were promoting is a complete lie. Seriously, I'm **** that I paid $80 for this completely unbalanced and boring game, and I'm **** that I defended this game and EA prior to launch. I really wish I wouldn't have, but hindsight is 20/20 right. If you want to feel robbed, go download Warframe and see how much better that game is in comparison, and then remember that that game is completely FREE. I'm done with BF2 until they release a Conquest mode.

Yeah the current large modes are too scripted and 64 is minimum for large open maps, even they have to add bots. Otherwise, this game stays casual.

i love bots lol good ol days of the original SWBF2 where the maps had fighting everywhere.
  • +11111
  • bfloo
    15961 posts Member
    +1000000 for Conquest mode. Should've been in the game at launch. The game is already getting incredibly boring. The whole "dynamic objectives" in Galactic Assault that they were promoting is a complete lie. Seriously, I'm **** that I paid $80 for this completely unbalanced and boring game, and I'm **** that I defended this game and EA prior to launch. I really wish I wouldn't have, but hindsight is 20/20 right. If you want to feel robbed, go download Warframe and see how much better that game is in comparison, and then remember that that game is completely FREE. I'm done with BF2 until they release a Conquest mode.

The player count isn't that important, how they lay out the map matters more.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• WarfareKiller41
    7057 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Where are those Droidekas Command Posts?
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • +1 we need this
  • Landeaux2
    3338 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    @Ahsoka_Tano congratulations on being YouTube famous LOL!

1:21
  • Amazing :)
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    According to reddit there is currently an EA opinion poll about Battlefront II.
    It looks like that EA is thinking about adding Galactic Conquest and we all know which mode GC is based on. Conquest^^

g3zh8rbd0p901.jpg

(https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7q0622/interesting_question_found_on_the_recent_surveys/ )
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Vehicles - sure - especially with conquest
    Characters - more please and keep the balancing up
    Star Cards - haven't unlocked all the cards and have lots of hours in - maybe some other way to unlock them?
    Skins - sure, customization is an easy way for DICE to earn back $
    Competitive Play - need the lag and such fixed first along with weapon balance etc. - sure
    Starfighter Assault - sure - not a top priority on my list
    Additional Ways to Upgrade - sure and please
    Milestones & Challenges - sure and please but not stupid things like get 10 kills with the turret self destruct
    Galactic Conquest - and/or just Conquest - please a must

guess i forgot to number them...need more than 10 points for things that should have been in the game at launch:
    Veh - 2, Char - 5, Cards - 3, Skins - 2, Comp - 1, Star - 1, Up - 5, Mile - 5, Con - 10.
  • +1. Would be great to have.