criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Transmission
December CC

We Want Conquest Mode Everyone who wants this answer Make this thread big

Replies

• bfloo wrote: »
    x
    McMast13 wrote: »
    There seems to be some confusion between fans about what they mean when they say Galactic Conquest. Do you mean the game mode with command posts or do you want the campaign like mode where you had to conquer the galaxy? I think both would be great and would love them both. With the galaxy one utilising many different types of game modes.

Imagine this: When attacking a planet you must first win in space, then win a smaller mode like blast or strike and then win either Conquest or Galactic Assault in order to conquer the planet.

Of course you’d unlock all the things such as hero’s and ships along the way.

Galactic Conquest and Conquest. Galactic Assault already lost my interest. Just doing the daily challenges sometimes. I am now waiting for the CW seasons. Also I don't like to be forced to play CQC modes like blast or strike and the space battles in Galactic Conquest were only needed when the planet was siege by an enemy fleet.
    Galactic Conquest is a small strategy mini game based on SA and Conquest.
    I see no way that DICE could replace Conquest with GA. GA is #boring. #Scripted #TooLinear #GiveMeFreedome #Conquest

Dice doesn't do the sp part of the game.

Galactic Conquest is awesome for split screen offline or 1vs1 matches online. Then bots are needed. Anyway, Conquest is a mulitplayer and singleplayer mods with or without bots. I think DICE will work on Conquest and on singleplayer Galactic Conquest. They also did the Arcade mode.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• So many posts, I've to agree with now^^
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• sitht0r wrote: »
    Personally, i'm LOVING this dynamic objective system FAR more than static "capture points A-E".

I'd be bored out of my mind doing more standard CQ nonsense. I wish BF1 would adopt this system for their maps personally.

Why can't conquest have dynamic objectives too? What's so hard in sitting for a few minutes to decide each map possibilities? There are so many possibilities that shouldn't even be a challenge, i'd even say it would be fun.
    My priority list:
    * Conquest Mode
    - Ground-Sky (Troopers, Vehicles, Starfighters - spawn and "press G" to enter)
    * Map Selection / Server Browser
    * All modes available for us to play
    - All selections and team choosing available for us to play
    * Cosmetic system
    - Customization of clothing, weapons and vehicles
    * Improved Squad System
    - In-Squad Voip System, or something better.
    * No microtransactions

Twitch Channel: Joey A
  • I agree that Conquest would be great. Personally, I would like it in arcade mode as well.
  • Give us conquest.
    PSN: DynamitePro26
  • Still no one explain what the difference between Battlefield's Conquest and Star Wars Battlefront original series Galactic Conquest which is literally the same thing with AIs also is the only difference i can think of... and it's star wars.
  • bfloo
    16187 posts Member
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    Still no one explain what the difference between Battlefield's Conquest and Star Wars Battlefront original series Galactic Conquest which is literally the same thing with AIs also is the only difference i can think of... and it's star wars.

The only difference is in the og Battlefronts if you captured all the command points the game ended
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    Still no one explain what the difference between Battlefield's Conquest and Star Wars Battlefront original series Galactic Conquest which is literally the same thing with AIs also is the only difference i can think of... and it's star wars.

The only difference is in the og Battlefronts if you captured all the command points the game ended

oh that's it? lol wow people making a big deal or something, i would say not to immediately end would be more fun, but that's just my opinion but i wouldn't want the game to end because that game mode is fun. i thought though there was a countdown timer that happened if all control points are capped and if the time ran out then you lose.

• Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »

oh that's it? lol wow people making a big deal or something, i would say not to immediately end would be more fun, but that's just my opinion but i wouldn't want the game to end because that game mode is fun. i thought though there was a countdown timer that happened if all control points are capped and if the time ran out then you lose.

I don't really care which one we'll get. I don't know much about Battlefield Conquest. I just heared that people dislike the maps due to circles and sniper fests.
    Also I think it's better if the game is over when you captured all points.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• bfloo
    16187 posts Member

I don't really care which one we'll get. I don't know much about Battlefield Conquest. I just heared that people dislike the maps due to circles and sniper fests.

These days, groups from each team run from flag to flag never defending, and the 2 groups rarely collide.

The sniping is annoying, but it is more because of battlefield's sweet spot mechanic.

h846398gb27k.png

• I just got this game and I'm already bored with Galactic Assault. It's pretty hilarious that they actually released this game and thought that this mode would be sufficient. This game is awful right now.
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »

These days, groups from each team run from flag to flag never defending, and the 2 groups rarely collide.

The sniping is annoying, but it is more because of battlefield's sweet spot mechanic.

Did you say cap all the objectives... even the enemy's base? lol

• bfloo
    16187 posts Member

Did you say cap all the objectives... even the enemy's base? lol

For the og battlefront 2

h846398gb27k.png

• XrayNiner wrote: »
    I agree that Conquest would be great. Personally, I would like it in arcade mode as well.
    I think that we might get Galactic Conquest with Conquest for the Arcade mode. I am pretty sure that in the EA survey almost everyone voted for this mode.

For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• I think I haven't posted here but I want Conquest too ;)
  • Any one have any idea if the Freerunner would be to powerful to be considered for the Rebel medium to go against the Empire ATST in conquest. If we were to get larger maps.

I think it has to many weapons to be a medium.

stq5ufb4qzxf.jpg

Trying to work out each sides medium vehicle they would get in conquest.

Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/TroopperFoFo/ .
    Battlefront 2 , Battlefield and more.
  • @DYSPROssium did your post disappear?
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Conquest Mode Concept video from Star Wars HQ.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• +1 This is so needed.
    https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/76222/star-wars-battlefront-forum-rules-guidelines
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Please balance the OFFICER / BLURRG. They are NOT a HEAVY, SNIPER, nor an ASSAULT CLASS. So far, every "nerf" has failed to change anything. The Blurrg is OP vs other class guns (and not just at close range). #actuallybalancethenoobtubecrutch :*
  • hear hear - I often go back to SWBF1 for these 20-30 min games on the bigger maps and love it.

I want - Conquest Modes
    I want - map choices

I am fed up playing some maps i utterly hate - and in 3 months have only played Crait twice and thats both being stuck underground

The main thing that puts me off on SWBF2 is you can never really see the enemy until its tool late.

• Map choices hands down , i never want to touch the first order again
  • Imagine carrying troops to battle with LAAT instead of being on rails death beam, battlefrontfield 2
  • Hekican wrote: »
    Imagine carrying troops to battle with LAAT instead of being on rails death beam, battlefrontfield 2

Yeah, maybe something like that.
    latest?cb=20161020224748
    Or attacking enemy control points with artillery.
    latest?cb=20140830031900
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Hanzo wrote: »
    Can you imagine how much it would invigorate this game to give us Clone Wars content in Season 2 and drop Conquest on us? I need to curb my expectations, but man that would be brilliant. I seriously hope there's a team working on this mode right now.

This could make the game perfect.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• bfloo
    16187 posts Member
    Hanzo wrote: »
    Can you imagine how much it would invigorate this game to give us Clone Wars content in Season 2 and drop Conquest on us? I need to curb my expectations, but man that would be brilliant. I seriously hope there's a team working on this mode right now.

I'd prefer they focused on conquest.

Put in whoever you want, ga is still going to be dull.

h846398gb27k.png

• Hanzo
    1677 posts Member

That's what I am saying, give us two of the more popular requested items (conquest mode and CW content). That could boost morale quite a bit.
  • bfloo
    16187 posts Member

That's what I am saying, give us two of the more popular requested items (conquest mode and CW content). That could boost morale quite a bit.

Hondo isn't coming season 2, so bring us conquest, or domination, or ctf....

h846398gb27k.png

• Sgt_Fergus
    2249 posts Member
    edited January 2018

Conquest Mode Concept video from Star Wars HQ.

How I feel

• They'd have to have a unique amount of stupid not to make this in the game.
    "In My Book, Experience outranks Everything"
    #cartoonsarecanontoo
    #theclonewarssaved
    PSN: HyperGamerMk2
    YT: GiantSlayer YT
    Check out all my concepts Here
    pqhrojr3gg47.jpg
  • Since I posted the last time reddit threads there were many more. However, here is one which almost reached 2k again.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBattlefront/comments/7s69gy/dice_please_64_player_conquest/
    The problem with Reddit is, that all request threads disappear after a day and you can't tell if EA or devs have seen it before it disappears.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• so...
  • Hell ya 64 players conquest mode
  • This guys made a concept for conquest with the maps that already exist.
  • The concept is good but both of those maps need way more capture points, which are utilizing the entire map more. Honestly though instead of quickly slapping things together conquest mode should be done right. This game is already screwed up enough as it is, I really don't want to see another game mode ruined.
  • ΔΞΩΝ wrote: »
    The concept is good but both of those maps need way more capture points, which are utilizing the entire map more. Honestly though instead of quickly slapping things together conquest mode should be done right. This game is already screwed up enough as it is, I really don't want to see another game mode ruined.

Yeah, maps should be more open. At the moment all large maps are like this.
    s96f8fdFq7WFAnGYdiAFHV4DZ3vG8epRdVWkyU-y69E.png?w=610&s=614f7073982bec569f2bade087729b78
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• KrennicMc wrote: »
    Map choices hands down , i never want to touch the first order again

Hands down? Are you for or against it? I wasn't sure whether I should agree or not?
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• If DICE and EA gave us conquest I think all the hate they've been getting from the game might just vanish like that :smiley:
    "Jawas are the key to Life"- ME

• Seconded! I would LOVE to see this in game!
  • Gothic_Mando
    1950 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Conquest offline vs. AI would be the perfect addition for me!

I mean in some ways it sounds like the perfect mode;

- Non-linear mode that has you traverse the entirety of the map in whatever order that particular round demands, resulting in dynamic and different play every round.

- Gives real purpose to starfighters on land maps, to use as transports from one post to another. (Pilotable LAAT/I anyone?)

- Provides a real sense of 'taking over' a planet / battlefront by strategically playing to gradually lower the enemies' reinforcements.
    ITS HAPPENIIIING!!! ^^

Instant Action confirmed!!! ^^

#SoloPlayers

Check out our extensive, ongoing Co-op Playthrough /Discussion of Arcade / Instant Action mode on my YouTube too!^^

• YES PLEASE
  • Conquest is a dynamic experience that...

- encourages team play
    - encourages class play
    - Winning via Tickets feels much better in Conquest than it currently does in Galactic Assault (where the final objective is usually located in a chokepoint)

While it would require a lot of testing and effort to make it happen in SWBF2017 with only 40 players, but I do have faith in your dev team. You guys recognize where the players passion lies. This truly memorable asymmetrical game mode has got to be something you want to see happen.

+1 for Offline 2p Coop/VS conquest Conquest with Bots. Arcade Conquest would be a dream!

Thank you for your time and effort.
  • Everybody wants it except DICE
  • Ahsoka_Tano
    7341 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Oh gosh, so many votes. Here, on Reddit, on YouTube, on Twitter, in suveys, in the Community 1:1. In my mind, DICE will add this mode. It's so wanted and a number 1 fan wish :) I'm very excited about the future road map.
    @EA_Tom @Sledgehammer70 @TheVestalViking you're our only hope.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• XrayNiner wrote: »
    I agree that Conquest would be great. Personally, I would like it in arcade mode as well.
    I think that we might get Galactic Conquest with Conquest for the Arcade mode. I am pretty sure that in the EA survey almost everyone voted for this mode.

I hope you're right... but wouldn't bet on it.