criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Vader’s Force choke?

Can someone please explain this to me Bc I’m either using it wrong or it’s just not working correctly. Half the time I use it they instantly fall. I usually hit r1 and then starting spamming r2 to do damage. But like I said it either drops them immediately or just doesn’t choke them at all. It just feels useless and broken. Any help or is it just broke?

Replies

• Bump because I'm doing the same thing.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • lok
    984 posts Member
    when i have been choked(on the receiving end) you get `press space bar or something to free yourself from the choke hold of vader.so mite be the people you are choking are getting out of it....mite be.i haven`t unlocked vader yet so i can only help on this end.
  • lok wrote: »
    when i have been choked(on the receiving end) you get `press space bar or something to free yourself from the choke hold of vader.so mite be the people you are choking are getting out of it....mite be.i haven`t unlocked vader yet so i can only help on this end.

Well I find that to be not the case most of the time. I have the blue upgraded choke hold on Vader that increases the chances of enemies not getting free. Like I said most of the time it just drips them immediately or doesn’t choke them at all. Don’t really know the deal with it.
  • Vader's Force Choke works as following: You HOLD the F (default) Key to perform the choke, the moment you hit something you start spamming left click to deal damage to them (the circle fills as you reach the max.)
    Only pressing ONCE will pick up and drop the enemies instantly. As far as i could tell you need to have the enemy already mid-choke before you are allowed to get off the F key.

Hope that helps !
  • Well, I noticed that choke can be interrupted by others villains abilities like Kylos pull or Mauls choke.
  • Jango2496
    40 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Vader's Force Choke works as following: You HOLD the F (default) Key to perform the choke, the moment you hit something you start spamming left click to deal damage to them (the circle fills as you reach the max.)
    Only pressing ONCE will pick up and drop the enemies instantly. As far as i could tell you need to have the enemy already mid-choke before you are allowed to get off the F key.

Hope that helps !

Alright so basically I should hit the default for the Force choke. Wait until the animation begins then start spamming the other button to do damage? Bc like I said I’ll hit em with the force choke and as soon as I hit the choke button I’ll start spamming r2. Usually it drops them immediately. So maybe I need to let the animation begin first.