criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

What happened to Tow-cabling AT-ATs?

Played GA on Hoth as Rebel and with or without the missile hit to do damage, you can't tow-cable. Please add this back like it was in SWBFEA1.

Replies

• Jonnyrankin
    102 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    AT-ATs can be towed i'm not sure how but i'll leave a link to another thread that has it figured out.
    Link: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/82388/you-can-tow-cable-the-walkers
  • I heard it is possible, but after the AT-ATs have reached the last checkpoint (before reaching the hangar)
  • ReaverT
    83 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Hiddukel wrote: »
    I heard it is possible, but after the AT-ATs have reached the last checkpoint (before reaching the hangar)

Not necessarily. The condition to trip-wire a walker is to lower it's health to 1/3 of its total. Best tactic is to focuss fire on a single walker and have the entire team fire at it. Once its health level is just "two sides" of the hexagon objective, if youre on a snowspeeder and you see a walker marked as hit by an Ion disruptor, youll see two big yellow circles on its front and on its back. Just fly through any of them and youll activate the minigame required to trip it down.

Unlikethe previous game, its not automated, so you actually have to fly circles around the walker (don't worry, the yellow cyrcles highlight the trajectory for you). A few turns and the walker will be tripwired and BAM, from 66 tickets to 50 in no time. Be advised though, much like the first game you'll be focussed by the enemy team, and this time there are starfighters on the map to try to take you out (hence why you need someone covering you, even better if ground troops help). BTW, once you start the minigame, theres no time limit, even if your team can't damage the walker youll still be able to finish your "rodeo" maneuver.

All in all, it's hard, but it's way better implemented than in the previous game and more satisfactory to achieve. Here's a video showcasing a walker taken out this way.

[flash="
  • ReaverT wrote: »
    Hiddukel wrote: »
    I heard it is possible, but after the AT-ATs have reached the last checkpoint (before reaching the hangar)

Not necessarily. The condition to trip-wire a walker is to lower it's health to 1/3 of its total. Best tactic is to focuss fire on a single walker and have the entire team fire at it. Once its health level is just "two sides" of the hexagon objective, if youre on a snowspeeder and you see a walker marked as hit by an Ion disruptor, youll see two big yellow circles on its front and on its back. Just fly through any of them and youll activate the minigame required to trip it down.

Unlikethe previous game, its not automated, so you actually have to fly circles around the walker (don't worry, the yellow cyrcles highlight the trajectory for you). A few turns and the walker will be tripwired and BAM, from 66 tickets to 50 in no time. Be advised though, much like the first game you'll be focussed by the enemy team, and this time there are starfighters on the map to try to take you out (hence why you need someone covering you, even better if ground troops help). BTW, once you start the minigame, theres no time limit, even if your team can't damage the walker youll still be able to finish your "rodeo" maneuver.

All in all, it's hard, but it's way better implemented than in the previous game and more satisfactory to achieve. Here's a video showcasing a walker taken out this way.

[flash="

wow this never pops up for me when i get close to it. i think it should disregard health because you have to just guess. thats not good to play a skill game based on guessing .that should always be available so players focus on the airspeeder more.