criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Thank you DICE for creating an awesome game!

There has been a lot of negativity surrounding Star Wars Battlefront 2 since its release. However, I think this is an absolutely awesome game! The graphics are unmatched, and honestly better than most of the movies. : ) The gameplay and soldier movement is perfect. I preordered the game in July, and I am anything but disappointed. Thank you DICE for creating an amazing Star Wars title.

Replies

• It really is a fantastic AAA game. The problem with the gaming community is that you can't say anything nice without being labelled a white knight. They game is legitimately fun and well made. The internet crybabies will always find things to cry about. That's what grown babies do.

The game had one major misstep with the loot boxes which they stepped in to address, but the media campaign to trash the game was so overwhelming that you would never know how good the game is. Yes, EA made a money grab and got called out. They also made a good decision to pull back (facing intense backlash and a hit to their bottom line). That said, there is no reason to *continue* to trash an otherwise well made game.

This post will be likely followed by comments trolling, laden with sarcasm and otherwise ungrateful child-like garbage.
  • SrawDawg
    946 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I totally agree! Best Star Wars game I have played since Rogue Squadron (actually I think its better than those). The single player campaign was killer. Starfighter Assault (why I bought the game) is the best team objective multiplayer I have played since Return To Castle Wolfenstein in 2001.

Excellent job EA! DICE! and CRITERION! *applauds*

• Well, I'm not a bot, and nor am I a big supporter of some decisions EA made.

I do think this game is absolutely awesome. You will always have no-lifers/pay2win/hacker people in current games. It's bloody optional, you don't need to do it to become a good player (you can get to first place even without star cards, just by playing smart).

Great graphics, awesome music, good campaign so far (looking forward to the rest) and intense multiplayer. 'The community' (read: whiny impatient players who wanna get everything without any effort) are ruining an awesome game.

Luckily I wasn't believing 'The community'. They do not understand the concept of learning by failing. So without hesitation I bought the game. Thanks devs for indeed an awesome game.
  • DICE, MOTIVE, CRITERION, all my love.
  • Basfietser wrote: »
    Well, I'm not a bot, and nor am I a big supporter of some decisions EA made.

I do think this game is absolutely awesome. You will always have no-lifers/pay2win/hacker people in current games. It's bloody optional, you don't need to do it to become a good player (you can get to first place even without star cards, just by playing smart).

Great graphics, awesome music, good campaign so far (looking forward to the rest) and intense multiplayer. 'The community' (read: whiny impatient players who wanna get everything without any effort) are ruining an awesome game.

Luckily I wasn't believing 'The community'. They do not understand the concept of learning by failing. So without hesitation I bought the game. Thanks devs for indeed an awesome game.

Why is it that the BDF (Battlefield Defence Force), cannot make a post without insulting those people that have issues with the game?

It seems every positive post has to have words such as Crybaby, or Whiners or learning by failing??? You've also upped it with no-lifers though.

The thought never even crosses the BDF that maybe EA are ruining the game with their scummy practices and if the game progression wasn't tied into packs, then the game wouldn't get as much hate, however the game itself is far from perfect.

You do know it's possible to like the game but hate some things about it? I do. Equally it's also okay to love the game, acknowledge it has issues for some people (see alot), even if you personally don't find any.

Great graphics, awesome music, and intense multiplyer, doesn't always = great game.

• keeganite_ wrote: »
    The graphics are unmatched, and honestly better than most of the movies.

While I am glad you like the game (I do too) I am critical of you for using "graphics" as basis of judgement on whether it is good or not. Graphics should never reflect a review of the game, tin foil is shiny but how entertaining is it? You see where I am going? While they (graphics) are appreciated, by no means should they be a good reason to like a game/movie or anything that you pay to entertain yourself with since they offer next to nothing of retention (tin foil effect). For gaming, gameplay is key, followed by story (unless your CDPR), followed by content, followed by mechanics, followed by replay value, followed by score, followed by sound affects, ect. graphics being last or not used at all.

I like EASWBF2 much much more than their first entry from 2015. It needs a lot of work as it stands and hopefully soon we can see some real headway on issues like progression, campaign bugs, mp bugs/functionality/spawns, milestones and more. Overall I don't regret my purchase, I feel as it stands I got my monies worth but it is by no means the best game I've played or best star wars game I've played. If it were me, I'd give it a solid 6/10 judging it both as a star wars game and an fps. As it stands, it isn't bad but it is lacking/needs improvement in many other departments for it to feel complete. If they keep working on it, it can be an even better game. They know this and I think they intend to do just that. Time will tell.

• Bigga07 xbox one no bot here agree with all this crying and drama over a great game play it every night when i get off work and bought call of duty ww2 when it came out but have not touched it since the star wars battlefront 2 trial came to EA access o P.S. it has loot boxs as well where is all the flak they sould get for dropping it first and i mean getting sued Belgium what about Call of Duty is Star Wars loot system is considered gambling so should Call of Duty's
  • its 2017 yet even with EA making 42% revenue. from all there microtransactions fom all there games still do not put in server browser

Company defo has made a stunning lookiing game but it is built for greed not the love of the franchise
  • ToxicBob wrote: »
    its 2017 yet even with EA making 42% revenue. from all there microtransactions fom all there games still do not put in server browser

Company defo has made a stunning lookiing game but it is built for greed not the love of the franchise

Server browsers.

They were big back in the...always been.

That ship has sailed sadly.

Remember what it was like to be able to pick the map you wanted, where people were actually playing.

Renting servers so you could have it that no one with star cards could join and it is just basic everything.

Nah, people don't want this type of freedom.

Endless rounds of Death Star 2 and Endor with a hint of Kamino.