criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Squad system, please explain it to me

If someone could explain all the benfits of squad system and how it works, I would really appreciate that, since the game fails to do that for new players.

I especially want to know what the multiplier is that shows as x1 next to your squad member icons. Sometimes it is higher, but I fail to see what it does and how I can make it grow.

Replies

• The guys you spawn with are your squad. Do things in the game around and with these other players and you increase your multiplier and earn battlepoints faster. These things you do can also get a "Teamplay" bonus for more overall points. Battlepoints allow you to spawn as heroes, vehicles, and elite troopers.
  • Frimmel wrote: »
    The guys you spawn with are your squad. Do things in the game around and with these other players and you increase your multiplier and earn battlepoints faster. These things you do can also get a "Teamplay" bonus for more overall points. Battlepoints allow you to spawn as heroes, vehicles, and elite troopers.

Sounds kinda lame squad system really, since nobody really sticks with their team mates when playing with randoms. Even when you want to stick with them, they make it very hard for you to do it, since many just stand around doing nothing or go random directions you dont want to go.
  • bfloo
    17037 posts Member
    Frimmel wrote: »
    The guys you spawn with are your squad. Do things in the game around and with these other players and you increase your multiplier and earn battlepoints faster. These things you do can also get a "Teamplay" bonus for more overall points. Battlepoints allow you to spawn as heroes, vehicles, and elite troopers.

Any idea of how to increase the multiplier? I've only seen it go up 2 or 3 times.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »
    Frimmel wrote: »

Any idea of how to increase the multiplier? I've only seen it go up 2 or 3 times.

Not really. I just know that sometimes I see a score go up that says "Teamplay."

I try to stick with the guys I come in with but it is so easy to stop and be shooting at something and end up split up. I'm pretty sure I got one when I was standing next to a squad mate who armed an objective.

I was keeping formation with a squadmate in Starfighter and we both got a piece of an enemy. He got the kill but I got a Teamplay bonus.

I sniped a dude while a squadmate I was standing next to had the ion blaster on the MTT and got some Teamplay bonus.

Generally PTFO with the guys you spawn with and get more battlepoints and more score.
  • This is by far the worst "squad" system in any game I've played. What's the point in having squads when everyone runs in a different directions and they're all randoms? The most frustrating part is when I see my buddies running by me while I'm talking to them and wonder......why wouldn't you put communicating people in the same group? The spawn three miles away from the action is also driving me crazy, I figured after the first Battlefront that would have been fixed.
  • Casscaden
    987 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Squad system is bad but, this game has the worst spawn system in gaming history, it needs a major fix
  • NoHuds
    9 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Casscaden wrote: »
    Squad system is bad but, this game has the worst spawn system in gaming history, it needs a major fix
    I've spawned under an atst in bf1. So not true

You should follow the person with highest rank. I wouldn't worry about the newbies.
    They die anyways.