criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

You know what's really ruining the game?

No, it's not the fact that there's no Grievous or Obi-Wan. It's spawnkilling. On almost every map the other side can either get into a starfighter/walker/whatever and just destroy everyone that's just spawning in. Seriously this has to stop.

Replies

• I think the spawn distance is fair. You get to the fighting quicker and it is still a good distance away. I have not had a single problem with spawn killing, however I had numerous problems with it in the previous game, so I think they definitely improved
  • Spawn points and lack of killable Jar Jar...
  • I think the spawn distance is fair. You get to the fighting quicker and it is still a good distance away. I have not had a single problem with spawn killing, however I had numerous problems with it in the previous game, so I think they definitely improved

I spawned in a Star fighter and was instantly killed on Hoth. Haven't been spawn killed as a trooper yet.
  • I've only noticed this with starfighters on certain GA maps - Mos Eisley and Takodana are the worst. I'll get shot at as soon as I have control of my ship out of spawn.
  • Game really needs more Anti vehicle and especially Anti Air weapons or abilities.
  • I believe they will come in time. Patience young padawan
  • I've only noticed this with starfighters on certain GA maps - Mos Eisley and Takodana are the worst. I'll get shot at as soon as I have control of my ship out of spawn.

^This^
    A Clone Trooper walks into a bar and asks the barman, “Hey, have you seen my brother?”
    “I dunno,” says the barman, “What does he look like?”

No, they really didn't. 3 games in a row where my team either got a) rekt in spawn by some butthole in a starfigther b) rekt by a **** in an AT-ST. Spawn really needs a shield that you can't get through. In fact, it should kill you if you even look at it.
  • Haven’t had this problem at all
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    Haven’t had this problem at all

• I've noticed a small amount of spawn-killing with Starfighters in this game, but as another commenter pointed out, it is much improved over the previous game, and it is easily resolved by hopping into a Starfighter yourself and shooting-down the offending party. So, while it isn't completely eliminated, I'd say it's 95% or more gone from the game.
  • bfloo
    13731 posts Member
    I did just run into this with AT-ST's.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Played a game on the death star as rebels and there were two stormtroopers standing at our spawn point, just mowing us down.
    PSN: Tallion828
  • The spawn killing is avoidable on most maps -- just take an alternate route. The problem is without integrate voice chat, typing to everyone to go a diff. way is hard and takes time.

+1 for integrated voice chat -- please -- to help us better coordinate on these generally well-designed maps!!!
  • No, it's not the fact that there's no Grievous or Obi-Wan. It's spawnkilling. On almost every map the other side can either get into a starfighter/walker/whatever and just destroy everyone that's just spawning in. Seriously this has to stop.

Not seen this once in 20 hours
  • The system is fine, maybe you don’t know the maps very well. Or may be you suck at the game
  • Hoth is pretty bad for this. Airspeeder needs a bit of a nerf it's so easy to kill troops with.
  • The system is fine, maybe you don’t know the maps very well. Or may be you suck at the game

The system is fine and the people who get killed almost instantly when then spawn in an open area don't know the maps and just suck? Yeah ok.
  • hardly ever get spawn killed