criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Squad spawn sucks

It's like playing by urself very dissapointed

Replies

• Hate the squad spawn system,it doesn't even makes since playing with friends,thinking of going back to bf1
  • And still people can't understand the cons of having a "proper" friend squad spawn in a game like this.
  • Aeternum
    997 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    So when you die and your friends all stay alive who are you gonna spawn with? .... I could add plenty more reasons why it doesn't work in games like this. Use voice chat and coordinate, it's not hard to meet somewhere in the map assuming you don't get blasted. But by all means go back to BF1 if that suits your requirements.
  • It's like playing by urself very dissapointed

I couldn't agree more. The multiplayer feels like solo single player. DICE did a great job with immersion in all areas but the most important one...Multiplayer.
  • true squad spawn is inbound I read.
  • Aeternum wrote: »
    So when you die and your friends all stay alive who are you gonna spawn with? .... I could add plenty more reasons why it doesn't work in games like this. Use voice chat and coordinate, it's not hard to meet somewhere in the map assuming you don't get blasted. But by all means go back to BF1 if that suits your requirements.

Exactly... your friends you group up with appear green on the map and when you see them so it really isn't to hard to talk to them and meet up if you are grouped up with your friends you should be able to communicate so it isn't that hard...
  • We need a squad spawn for friends--Also we need a better way to find each other when squadmates are flying ships--at least add a green dot indicator on the minimap. It's painfully difficult to find your squad in the air.
  • Isn't there already a green dot for party members?

Keep in mind that PlayStation party and Battlefront party are now two separate things.

The problem I have the most now is that, despite my squadmates being marked in yellow, they all just run off in separate directions as soon as they spawn. No one seems to even try to stick together with the squad -- it's really just a player thing.

But maybe there needs to be some incentive to staying with your squad, or a disincentive to straying too far away from them. They could bring back the faster cooldown like in Battlefront 2015. Or they could give a slowed cooldown when you're not close enough to your squadmates.
  • Just let us choose, where we spawn, on which side. I can understand the argument against a battlefield squad system in this game, it's not possible, but at least something like choose your spawnpoint. It would be so much easier to find the friends, on kashyyk, theed, hoth or mos eisley is not always that easy. It's not fun to run 150 Meter to your buddies! Spawnpoints on every phase, would be the best solution! With spawnpoints they can even keep their spawnwaves, we would just choose the side, where we spawn in the wave! For Strike, HvS and Blast you don't even need it!