criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Destroying AT-ATs and MTTs

Aside from the map where the Rebels steal an AT-AT, has anyone even actually seen the MTTs or AT-ATs get destroyed in the initial modes on Hoth and Kashyyk? It seems like playing the objectives in these maps is pretty much pointless, since the AT-ATs and MTTs are so powerful that you can't actually destroy them anyways. Am I the only person who's had this experience?

Replies

  • I have seen one dropped on each but not both.
  • I have seen an AT-AT go down on Hoth, but that was because the rebels focused all their attention on it....star fighters and ground troops
    2aHWXlI.gif
  • Are people even seeing a single one go down very often? Also, it sounds like no one has actually won the match in the initial mode so far, or at least it's very infrequent.
  • Grraauuggh wrote: »
    Are people even seeing a single one go down very often? Also, it sounds like no one has actually won the match in the initial mode so far, or at least it's very infrequent.

    That's kinda how it should be, I like a full match. Theed can be annoying because a good team can drop the 1 MTT.
  • CallMeDeee wrote: »
    Grraauuggh wrote: »
    Are people even seeing a single one go down very often? Also, it sounds like no one has actually won the match in the initial mode so far, or at least it's very infrequent.

    That's kinda how it should be, I like a full match. Theed can be annoying because a good team can drop the 1 MTT.

    That IS how it was designed to be. You really arent meant to easily take down MTT or ATAT's at all because the devs want the game to progress to all stages and not end on the first stage. Though, their health should probably be decreased just a little so that there is that one odd chance that if the defenders focus on them enough then they can end the fight on the first stage.
  • CallMeDeee wrote: »

    That's kinda how it should be, I like a full match. Theed can be annoying because a good team can drop the 1 MTT.

    I agree that it should be infrequent, but not to the point of being nigh-impossible. I'm at the point where I may just give up attacking them since it doesn't seem to make any difference, and the battle-points reward isn't really that great. Maybe some of the unlocks/weapon upgrades will make a difference later-on, but right now it seems like a waste.
  • In the beta it was hard to take out the MTT until people learned how to do it correctly then it became to easy.

    This is something we will have to wait a while to see if it’s balanced.
  • I've won first phase on Hoth, people just gotta shoot the darn things. But yeah, it's definitely meant to be infrequent and more of a "do as much damage as you can so they get less tickets later" sorta thing; even the commanders usually say something along the lines of just doing your best to hold them off as much as you can.
  • i think the reason is because people think the only way to damage them is by shooting the ion Disrupters/rockets at them without even knowing you can damage it for a short time afterward. i know i was like that which is why i thought the anti objective weapons needed a buff or the MTT/ATAT get a nerf. then i learned they become vulnerable to normal weapons fire.

    i think thats the problem is people dont know that even after the shot lands you can still damage it for a short time with blaster fire. as the icon isnt very noticeable when it changes
  • Grraauuggh wrote: »
    Aside from the map where the Rebels steal an AT-AT, has anyone even actually seen the MTTs or AT-ATs get destroyed in the initial modes on Hoth and Kashyyk? It seems like playing the objectives in these maps is pretty much pointless, since the AT-ATs and MTTs are so powerful that you can't actually destroy them anyways. Am I the only person who's had this experience?

    Considering how the credit system works, it's more advantageous to let the match last longer than end it quick. I'd eather get 250+ credits for letting the game get to the second phase, rather than get the measy 125 credits you get for ending it early.
  • Grraauuggh wrote: »
    CallMeDeee wrote: »

    That's kinda how it should be, I like a full match. Theed can be annoying because a good team can drop the 1 MTT.

    I agree that it should be infrequent, but not to the point of being nigh-impossible. I'm at the point where I may just give up attacking them since it doesn't seem to make any difference, and the battle-points reward isn't really that great. Maybe some of the unlocks/weapon upgrades will make a difference later-on, but right now it seems like a waste.

    not that great, eh? play heavy with rocket mini gun and do nothing else than objective... you will be up top
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!