criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

So I read that sales of SWBF2 are down by 60%, is that true and why?

PAY2WIN = DARKSIDE & geez deez unpaid losers who live in their Mom's basement sure are SNOWFLAKES who can't handle critiques which explains why they can't get any & work for free!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• Jefetumadre
    182 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Yes been widely reported and really have you not followed the game at all? Predatory microtransactions and a heavily pay to win system caused major outrage after the beta and free trial period
  • Yes been widely reported and really have you not followed the game at all? Predatory microtransactions and a heavily pay to win system caused major outrage after the beta and free trial period

No not really, I had read there was this issue with microtrans that were taken off-line at launch, I didn't think it was a big deal until I played MP and saw massive amounts of epics cards so I made a post saying it didn't seem balanced to do that but now that thread no longer bumps to the top so I think it was stealth censored but not sure.
    PAY2WIN = DARKSIDE & geez deez unpaid losers who live in their Mom's basement sure are SNOWFLAKES who can't handle critiques which explains why they can't get any & work for free!!!!!!!!!
  • bfloo
    15813 posts Member
    sales of physical copies were down 60%.

They haven't given digital sales numbers yet.

The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Total sales not down by 60%. Physical copies in the UK are down by 60%. Sales of Physical copies have been down with all of the new title releases. This is 2017, almost 2018... Who buys physical copies anymore? Other then making a cheap beer bottle coaster, whats the point? Lol.
  • bfloo
    15813 posts Member
    Beaver wrote: »
    Total sales not down by 60%. Physical copies in the UK are down by 60%. Sales of Physical copies have been down with all of the new title releases. This is 2017, almost 2018... Who buys physical copies anymore? Other then making a cheap beer bottle coaster, whats the point? Lol.

You can use them as frisbees too!

h846398gb27k.png

• It's also worth mentioning the digital deluxe edition. Yeah you could get it in a store, if your store was going to be open for some event. I almost always buy physical still, but I didn't want to go out late and get the game, when I could already be playing it.
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    It's also worth mentioning the digital deluxe edition. Yeah you could get it in a store, if your store was going to be open for some event. I almost always buy physical still, but I didn't want to go out late and get the game, when I could already be playing it.

In all honesty, its probably been 10 years since I stood in line at gamestop at midnight to buy a physical copy of a game.
  • Beaver wrote: »

Actually i exclusively buy physical so if a game or its developers stinks i can sell/trade it. In fact i didnt pay a dime for swbf2, got it trading in games to GameStop.
  • Getting digital and still paying full price? Pffttt no thank you. I’ll go to the store get my physical coaster disk with a nice 20% off.
  • I got physical and I regret it, I should have gotten digital. :(
    Your journey nears its end.
    fg4b6t2kcplam2qmfrnt.gif
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    zodemere wrote: »

Actually i exclusively buy physical so if a game or its developers stinks i can sell/trade it. In fact i didnt pay a dime for swbf2, got it trading in games to GameStop.

Ok, I game on high end PC. Never put much thought into console gamers and their tight budgets. I imagine some people do still buy physical copies then.

Ok, I game on high end PC. Never put much thought into console gamers and their tight budgets. I imagine some people do still buy physical copies then.

yeah PC user have become accustom to digital via steam/WoW, etc. Consoles are doing there best to do this with its customers but some of us see simple fact we can resell with physical which is insurance in case they provide crud.
  • Because of malicious rumors and hearsay leaving players to boycott a game without understanding its systems.
  • That would explain why it’s hard to find matches on ps4.
  • ivam wrote: »
    Because of malicious rumors and hearsay leaving players to boycott a game without understanding its systems.

or maybe cuz PAY2WIN is = DARKSIDE, just maybe.
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    That would explain why it’s hard to find matches on ps4.

If its hard to find matches on consoles... Its the match making logic. I'm on PC and am having no problems at all.
    Gotta be a console bug.

If its hard to find matches on consoles... Its the match making logic. I'm on PC and am having no problems at all.

for HvV on xbone its been fine for me so no issues there, i think its the PAY2WIN crud
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member

for HvV on xbone its been fine for me so no issues there, i think its the PAY2WIN crud

Not a console guy, so I don't know. All I know is that I'm not having any problems at all finding full servers on the PC.
  • bfloo
    15813 posts Member

lobbies have been filling up slowly on X1 when I play HvV. The other modes have been fine.

h846398gb27k.png

• ivam
    70 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    ivam wrote: »
    Because of malicious rumors and hearsay leaving players to boycott a game without understanding its systems.

Or maybe because people like you believe its pay2win, when it objectively is not so.

You don't need to spend a penny for anything in the game and you can obtain all unlocks without paying. This alone makes a game not pay2win(a system in which you can only get the most powerful content by paying).

Aside from that star cards are overrated. If you need them to win, you can't use them properly. If you are already a skilled fps player, you don't need them at all either. Aiming well and shooting faster wins battles in this game.
  • Beaver
    1735 posts Member
    Well, I have just been served. Gotta spend time with the woman. CYA.
  • ivam wrote: »
    ivam wrote: »

Or maybe because people like you believe its pay2win, when it objectively is not so.

i kindly agree that we shall disagree with each other sir.

So i'm thinking sales will get better as we near BF & Xmas, wut u all think?

People can collect them I have a physical and digital copy. My physical copy is with my nice little collection of star wars stuff with all my other swbf games. Also sitting with them is my swbf2 black series agent and R2 fridge.
  • And this thread will be ending here. Lets discuss the actual game if possible, not its sales status. And if you what to discuss Reddit topics, well discuss them on Reddit.
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator, EA Star Wars Battlefront Forums Senior Moderator and EA Answers HQ Hero.

Check out the forum rules & guidelines
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!