criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission
No Match for a Good Blaster

I think these things need to be addressed quick!

This game for the most part is rather enjoyable with little complaints, but the complaints I have can turn a good match bad or just be plain annoying for most people in the server.

1. Reinforcement spam in Strike/Blast
In a 10v10 or an 8v8 setting, I feel like it is too easy to get 1,000 or 2,000 points to choose the equivalent of a hero in a small scale game mode. In 1 life as a normal trooper you can gain enough points to spam spawn in as a wookie, SBD, jump trooper, or whatever it may be for the entirety of the match. You will have an entire match with at least half of the lobby playing as extremely tanky and hard to kill enemies that are extremely difficult to get rid of.

2. Starfighters in Galactic Assault
Having the starfighters only cost 600-1000 pts and being able to score over 30,40, and even 50K score a game with no real help to any objectives is devastating for a team. I believe they have their role in the game but they need to greatly reduce the amount of points for actions inside of the craft. You can rack up enough points for heros in a ridiculous amount of time and the amount of points you get makes certain players render as absolutely useless during a match who would rather pad their stats than to win the game.

3. Grenade Spam
Again, grenades have their place in any shooter but your main defense/offense shouldn't be to throw grenades the second they are available to you. The only way I could see a fix for this is to greatly increase the regeneration time for grenades and/or reduce blast radius by 1/3 or half. I know people will say "don't go through choke points if you don't want to die by grenades" but to be 100% honest any area in any map at any given time can be a choke point and there are times where you have no other option or way around or to an objective.

4.Squad Spawns
I'm honestly surprised that this wasn't implemented after the Alpha or Beta. This game "focuses" heavily on team play but you will never have the same squad whenever you spawn in. While playing with a friend you either have to wait a while for one or the other to die to spawn in together or run across the map and try and stick it out, but are still not rewarded for playing as "teammates."

If anyone agrees or disagrees with the above or have their own suggestions/gripes go ahead and post below.

Replies

• General_Squish
    118 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I'm a Battlefield4 and Battlefiel1 player, and totally agree with the squad spawns. That and 64 player battles (but that is another argument for another time).

Agree, Grenades need to have a longer cool-down. They need to be increased almost double for less spam. I'll think that is a better option than a smaller blast radius.

The reinforcements I have no issue with at the moment. I like that the battles become dynamic as the new units enter the game. Wookies are tough, as they are supposed to be, and the team gang up on em to rid them off the battlefield. I like that dynamic.

Enemy star-fighters need to have a counter to them, and that counter is your own star-fighters to take em out. If they are too expensive, then you will have less of a chance to counter a star-fighter on the opposing team with your own. That will make the kills go up even higher for an un-opposed enemy star-fighter.

Just my 2 cents
  • I just don't think players should be rewarded as much as they are for sitting in a starfighter and not doing anything to benefit their team other than shooting bots. I'm okay with how powerful they are but if you're not going to change the outcome of a match you shouldn't get a ***** ton of points for it.
  • KestrelTrebor
    80 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I think grenades are fine and heroes on the smaller maps are fine.

For the starfighters, maybe reducing the points earned would be good, but probably don't need to tweak the cost. It's definitely an issue for some really good pilots to be able to rack up points so quickly for heroes.

EDIT: For the squad spawning, I think it should be easier to play with and stay grouped with friends, but you should spawn wherever you would normally spawn, not next to them.

• EDIT: For the squad spawning, I think it should be easier to play with and stay grouped with friends, but you should spawn wherever you would normally spawn, not next to them.

I like that idea. I feel like spawning at your spawn point would be a bit far. I think it'd be nice if you spawned somewhere between your teammate and your spawn so the gap isn't so big.
  • Agree with your whole post. The question is are they going to be addressed before people start dropping off already. Let's face facts, this game is off to a really bad start. It's going to take some serious work for EA to earn any amount of trust.
  • Hopefully. I truly believe that if DICE had 100% control of what was implemented into this game, that a lot of the issues that are present right now wouldn't be a thing. I think Disney holding this game back.
  • Wait...first people complained that it was to hard to get a Hero...now your complaining it’s to easy to get one. That is what made the mode fun. Speak to the hand man, whatever.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Wait...first people complained that it was to hard to get a Hero...now your complaining it’s to easy to get one. That is what made the mode fun. Speak to the hand man, whatever.

It's too easy to get a hero if you're in a ship killing bots. You do not change the outcome of the game if you're floating around doing nothing so you shouldn't be rewarded for it.