criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Forest of Endor

Starfighters in Galactic Assault

when im the hero about 75% of my health usually gets taken down by the starfighters. people just nose dive and shoot people from the skies, this especially is broken on kashyyyk and kamino. it becomes impossible to capture the platforms on kamino when starfighters are constantly bombing and shooting the platforms.

Replies

• could you use an Squad Shield to protect yourself??
  • th3l3dg369 wrote: »
    could you use an Squad Shield to protect yourself??

the squad shield just gets destroyed in less than 15 secs
  • As people aren't playing in coordinated groups most of the time, they tend to mind their own lifes and play according to what they want to have fun rather than playing for the group or according to what the battle needs. This means that rarely someone will spawn and spend points on an aircraft to counter the enemy fighter that has been dominating everyone on the ground for most part of the match. I also suffer from this, sometimes I get killed by a nose diving craft but just can't be ***** spawning as one to counter. There is a counter though, spawning as one and hunting the opponent down.
  • kylenpain
    1305 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Aeternum wrote: »
    As people aren't playing in coordinated groups most of the time, they tend to mind their own lifes and play according to what they want to have fun rather than playing for the group or according to what the battle needs. This means that rarely someone will spawn and spend points on an aircraft to counter the enemy fighter that has been dominating everyone on the ground for most part of the match. I also suffer from this, sometimes I get killed by a nose diving craft but just can't be **** spawning as one to counter. There is a counter though, spawning as one and hunting the opponent down.

i do that and then no one is able to capture bc im often (not trying to boast but..) the best person on my team. its just annoying as hell.
  • They need to tone down the objective points given for getting kills in starfighters on galactic assault to help deincentivize air cheesing ground troups over and over. I know some will continue to do it but it will help. Give battle points if you want people to keep flying so that they don't spend 1000 bp's to kill 1 AI fighter then can't get back up in the air. But giving them a high objective score doesn't make sense when they many times they aren't even helping the objective.

If you can place about 4-5 shots with the IQ-11A(i think its called) sniper rifle you can destroy starfighters rather quickly. Hope they do straight bombing runs, you can get them to peel off really fast after 2 shots as its about 132 dmg a bullet.
    I prefer this sniper rifle because someone thought it would be a great idea to place a giant green tracer on the laser coming from the 4th sniper rifle which tells the enemy fighters I'M OVER HERE SHOOT ME!
  • Nithorian
    183 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    On a lot of maps, having control of the air is a big deciding factor on if a team will win or not. Star Killer and Mos Eisley are the most guilty. I'd throw Kamino in there as well, but I have honestly never seen the droids win this match, we've gotten to phase 4 with 100 lives and the two narrow corridors you have to approach the final objective are just full of grenades, sentries and turrets, even heroes can't break through.

However back to the subject at hand, they need to drastically change how spawning works in ships, because right now whoever gets in the air first, is probably going to dominate, due to the horrible spawn camping, that was exactly the same as the last game, and they have done nothing to address.
  • I think it should be easier to shoot starfighters from ground to air. Right now it is almost impossible because not only is it harder to actually hit then in the last game (which was already very hard), but they can now regenerate also.

@Aeternum
    Well usually the person in the air is very good OR there are multiple people
    making it tough to shoot them down .
  • EvazanJr wrote: »
    I think it should be easier to shoot starfighters from ground to air. Right now it is almost impossible because not only is it harder to actually hit then in the last game (which was already very hard), but they can now regenerate also.

@Aeternum
    Well usually the person in the air is very good OR there are multiple people
    making it tough to shoot them down .

Can't say there's no truth in that!
  • Danxoln
    2473 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I agree, starfighters can be annoying, I think they are too cheap to purchase with BP
  • DisguisedMike
    4 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    They should remove the AI from the sky. That way the people that spawn in Starfighters might focus a bit more on destroying each other instead of mostly shooting down AI fighters and people on the ground without being challenged.
    I did a game of 33,000 points, 65-8 with a killstreak of 43 kills on Kashyyyk while using the Tri-Fighter. Everytime someone picked up an ion launcher they died before being able to shoot it at the objective because they were marked and became an easy target. Might be a good idea to not mark them like that for the players using starfighters. Destroying two MTTs is already hard enough without having starfighters killing everyone that tries to play the objective. Almost everytime I did a pass on the ground I got one or two kills near the defend or attack objective and it took me less than 10 seconds to do it again. I'm not even that good at the game and the fact that I managed to do a score like that proves to me that something is wrong.
  • It's almost like you also need teammates in the sky dogfighting and harassing...

It's almost liek this is a team game and shouldn't ever be evaluated at a 1 to 1 level.

Like for example, we probably shouldn't discuss balance from the perspective of our individual soldier or hero against say, the enemy team's starfighters.
  • Danxoln wrote: »
    I agree, starfighters can be annoying, I think they are too cheap to purchase with BP

It's for the people who prefer vehicles. If they don't want to be on the ground, they can quickly get into the air.
    PSN: Trooper8059
    "Remember: Your focus determines your reality."
    ezgif_5_a643336582.gif
  • Just get in a fighter yourself. This is a complete non-issue.

They kinda need to be cheap though as they die very easy. You can spawn into a fighter and die almost immediately if another fighter was camping the spawn.

It's for the people who prefer vehicles. If they don't want to be on the ground, they can quickly get into the air.

I'm aware of what it's for, I'm saying they are too cheap to buy. People who get 70000 BP without playing the Objective and they have to pay 400 BP to get something very powerful, that bugs me, just up the price a little
    Danxoln wrote: »

I'm aware of what it's for, I'm saying they are too cheap to buy. People who get 70000 BP without playing the Objective and they have to pay 400 BP to get something very powerful, that bugs me, just up the price a little

No hyperbole in this post.
  • Aircraft is there for that exact reason, it's part of playing the objective really. The star fighters should be there to clear a path for the ground troops, and the opposing star fighters should be used to counter this and lay fire onto the ground troops as well. I think AI star fighters in the mix is good because if not many players are actually spawning fighters then at least there's some sort of air defense in place. I agree that there should be more AA defense for ground troops though, such as ion rockets and/or stationary cannons.
  • bortimus wrote: »
    Aircraft is there for that exact reason, it's part of playing the objective really. The star fighters should be there to clear a path for the ground troops, and the opposing star fighters should be used to counter this and lay fire onto the ground troops as well. I think AI star fighters in the mix is good because if not many players are actually spawning fighters then at least there's some sort of air defense in place. I agree that there should be more AA defense for ground troops though, such as ion rockets and/or stationary cannons.

I agree that the fighters should be supporting the ground troops. Unfortunately, some of the levels allow a bit too much AI kill-farming and people neglect to support the ground battle. To be honest, I have never had a problem with being repeatedly killed by air vehicles - I can see how some more ability to attack Starfighters from the ground might deter some cheap play though.
  • Starfighters in GA are just for "top players" to farm points so they can play as a hero the rest of the match. And because spawn camping still exists don't bother wasting your BPs.
  • there should definitely be a 5 second or so delay if you died in a particular starfighter from being able to select that same one again(should be easy to put a timer overlay on top of the icon). Someone above had mentioned they haven't done anything to prevent someone from "hogging" the starfighter of their choice.

And yes, star fighters are the easiest way to get to heroes. Often times gathering enough BPs to spawn as one, die and spawn as a hero a 2nd time.

They need to increase the damage a starfighter takes from the ion torpedo starcard, because shooting down a starfighter with a sniper rifle bullet is easier. That makes no sense, there's one balance issue right there
  • there should definitely be a 5 second or so delay if you died in a particular starfighter from being able to select that same one again(should be easy to put a timer overlay on top of the icon). Someone above had mentioned they haven't done anything to prevent someone from "hogging" the starfighter of their choice.

And yes, star fighters are the easiest way to get to heroes. Often times gathering enough BPs to spawn as one, die and spawn as a hero a 2nd time.

They need to increase the damage a starfighter takes from the ion torpedo starcard, because shooting down a starfighter with a sniper rifle bullet is easier. That makes no sense, there's one balance issue right there

I agree that the ion torpedo needs some more 'oomph' - I've never been hit by one in SWBF2, let alone shot down and I wasn't even sure it was in the game. However, I wouldn't want it to be like in DICE's previous Battlefront; the ion torpedo was overpowered in that game and it could make flying an air vehicle a bit tedious sometimes.
  • If they simply reduce the AI points, it will fix this issue. It's ridiculous that one AI kill gives you 300 bp. AI kills should only be 25 bp. It's a hard nerf on points, but it would force players to focus more on the objective, while also giving the AI more of a chance to be pests in the sky.
  • Have any of you guys tried the Heavy ion turrent or ion torpedoed? I think you could make a pretty decent anti vehicle load out, but of course you would be less effigies against infantry without your shield or explosives.

I only have common versions of the cards, but I'll probably try it next time I play GA.
  • I don't have many star cards yet, actually. Maybe one or two. No ion turrets/torpedoes etc to speak of, so I really have sniper rifles as my ground defense. I've been unlocking heroes with my credits, but I think I should have enough crafting parts to make a few cards by now.
    Reducing the AI BPs should definitely happen. Anything to put incentive on the objective. Perhaps bumping PTO BPs as well? Suppose I just wish people were more inclined to play the objective like myself. It could also help if there were a GA scale TDM or something less objective based for those who just want to focus on general battle play.
  • Have any of you guys tried the Heavy ion turrent or ion torpedoed? I think you could make a pretty decent anti vehicle load out, but of course you would be less effigies against infantry without your shield or explosives.

I only have common versions of the cards, but I'll probably try it next time I play GA.

It's good against ground vehicles but not really the aircraft. The torpedo is alright but the vehicle turret has a hard time locking on unless they strafe infront of it.
    Don't click unless you want to know the truth....
  • Afrom3istwr
    923 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Have any of you guys tried the Heavy ion turrent or ion torpedoed? I think you could make a pretty decent anti vehicle load out, but of course you would be less effigies against infantry without your shield or explosives.

It's good against ground vehicles but not really the aircraft. The torpedo is alright but the vehicle turret has a hard time locking on unless they strafe infront of it.

Plus, it also does nothing to starfighter farmers, since they're too high knocking out the AI fighters. I love the gameplay, but some of the things they did to this game were just dumb (i.e. starfighter farming, credits based soley on match length and hiding heroes behind credit walls). I've about unlocked all of the heroes, but I won't feel any accomplishment. Instead, I can finally start using those credits on hero crates.