criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Community Calendar

Please remove spawn killing from the game.

Sgt_Fergus
2290 posts Member
edited November 2017
Force a 10 second invulnerability on new players and vehicles. It's become abundantly clear the second I start today that people have become too knowledgeable on the spawn points and can literally kill you as you are spawning in. I was playing GA on Takodana both as FO and Resistance. And this other player who knows how to get to starfighters first on the other team, gets it and literally spawn kills as me or anyone else on opposing team and they did it all match. So we will need a 10 second protection in which we can shoot them but they can shoot back so they will learn to stay away from the spawn point. Not fair when you are just spawning in and barely have control of your ship and they are already melting your health away before you can move.

Also LAAT/U-wings needs this buff of protection but on top of that they will require that all AAT/AT-ST have to be in a range in which they can be shot at first. AATs do way too much damage to an LAAT I now tested in game it take 4 regular shots or 2 dual blast shot ability and the vehicle is destroyed. That is too quick to be out of range to respond. so I need to be in an LAAT, be able to have time to look at the AAT, line up and fire. All before the AAT can fire on me so damage wise balances out to even since it takes more time for an LAAT to destroy an AAT then vice versa.

And I know I am talking about vehicles but infantry also has same issue.

Replies

• I agree on the spawning. Can you believe there are people on this very forum who say that you just suck when you get killed the second you spawn in?
  • I agree on the spawning. Can you believe there are people on this very forum who say that you just suck when you get killed the second you spawn in?

ya those people never learn. in fact the same game i was talking in the forum about how battle points should carry over because its ***** when you work your way up but everyone thats a hero just sits back and hides and no one else can spawn them in, i wasted 15000+ BP and never got to us it for the entire match since stage 2 started no hero would move up, they sat back shot from a distance and it was really super annoying because they are too afraid one move and they get melted and lost the hero.

well anyways i was referencing a game called Homefront 2011 and back on the THQ forums, when they were still around, there were those same type of people, the ones that say everyone sucks if they can't magically turn around and do a 180 no scope and hit the heli spawn killing them. The game had just come out and people were being spawn kileld and those same ***** said the same thing "oh you just suck" only this game i can get them in match so i placed a bet that they are all talk and that if they get spawn killed and cant get out of it, they have to go back on the forum and admit i was right that spawn killing has nothing to do with being bad and that its a broken feature that needs to be fixed. and if i lose i wont play the game anymore and won't go on the forums to "complain" and that i just was a low K/D noob that didn't know how to play. Well i got them into a party, started the search, got in a game, and then, while in party chat, I switched teams, mowed them down and then spawn killed them to death when i got my attack heli and they all started quitting. funny thing is they never held to the promise they'd go back to the forum and admit i was right.

To this day it felt so good to make the people on the forum get ***** off in game because they act like "oh i can easily get out of being spawn trapped" no, no you can't. lol And anyone at this point that still defends spawn killing is probably the ones doing the spawn killing and think that by going on to the forums and saying "no there is nothing wrong with spawning, they just suck, don't listen to them dice, leave it as is" think its going to stay that way so they can farm kills.

So TL;DR ya anyone that says "you just suck if you get spawn killed" is more than likely the one exploiting the spawn killing and thinks by saying you suck, DICE won't fix it so they can keep doing it. Just call them spawn killers if they say you suck because thats what they are or they are enablers of spawn killing.
  • I disagree. especially for the LAAT, its biggest weakness is that its a fixed path circling xp box. If you change it so something like a AAT can't kill it in a few seconds, if its paying attention, that means anything else on the ground would be unable to kill the LAAT period.

Spawn protection? Sure. But as soon as you trigger an ability or green beam something, that protection should go, and then the AAT kills you. But if you want spawn protection that also allows you a window of no damage but you still get to shoot, no way.
  • Losobal wrote: »
    I disagree. especially for the LAAT, its biggest weakness is that its a fixed path circling xp box. If you change it so something like a AAT can't kill it in a few seconds, if its paying attention, that means anything else on the ground would be unable to kill the LAAT period.

Spawn protection? Sure. But as soon as you trigger an ability or green beam something, that protection should go, and then the AAT kills you. But if you want spawn protection that also allows you a window of no damage but you still get to shoot, no way.

you wouldn't happen to be a spawn killer yourself because im getting that vib from your response. its simple what a wrote and you are misinterpreting it intentionally. First off only vehicles are somehow currently not being forced up. if you are infantry, there is a limiter that pushes units up. stage 1 of GA on Theed has 3 points. after point 1 the out of area moves up to for attackers and defenders to stay in the area of importance. but somehow the AAT is not being affected and looks to be a vehicle glitch. you are not allowed to stay being way back. it clearly looks like they designed the LAAT and Uwing to encircle and be able to hit infantry and vehicles as ti was designed to so if I can't hit you but you can hit me, then clearly something is broken in the design and needs to be fixed. to not support that is to support spawn killing LAAT. As i said before if you mind going back up and re-reading what you either skipped or ignored. By the time the AAT should be able to fired back I should have fully been spawning in beginning my encirclement around area of action and have my reticule/aim over you and able to first first because the AAT literally can destroy an LAAT in 4 shots, or 2 shots when dual fire which is about 0.9 seconds. the LAAT, as i just recently did my average calculations of hit takes about 1.4 seconds of, no miss, constant stream to fire back and destroy an AAT. So that means the AAT has an increase in damage and time advantage over the LAAT so the LAAT needs to either A have a huge buff damage so it requires 8 hits to counter the dual fire that will only take 4 or I need to be able to have you pre-aimed before firing and be able to fire and then you can turn aim and shoot back to mane the odds more balance. again 1.4 with constant no miss when the hit detection is far off what i also found ad the main and turret of an AAT does not register damage from the LAAT and you have to hit the bass of the AAT to count. so if i just see the head of an AAT i can't do damage to it. So that is another factor that needs to be addressed.

"that means anything else on the ground would be unable to kill the LAAT period." that is a big fat false. I used an IQA-11 and that took it down easily by my self alone in about 4 to 5 second with right combo quick action bonus reload I melted the LAAT and is still had a fair fight, thought the hit notice on the LAAT is bad so it can't accurately tell you where the shot is coming from unless you see it coming from ground as hit detection is off. but there is no way you can say this is acceptable. Some suggest the vehicle itself was glitched on damage but he could still hit without missing but play all those factors and say not using a mod or anything he is clearly in a position where he never has to worry about being hit and yet i cant fire back by fixed location which equals unbalance and needs fixing as there is no way to counteract.

This is, at the very least, spawn kill and needs to be removed and anyone foudn abusing this needs to be temporarily banned if they abuse this.
  • Wow, because I disagree with you I'm a cheater?
  • Sgt_Fergus
    2290 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    And I'm pretty sure spawn killing the LAAT with the AAT is not only exploiting the games broken mechanic, its really makes for some salty responses.

Clearly spawn killing LAAT, especially with the AAT turret guns, needs to be fixed as I tested it myself today.

pic 1 and pic 2

So clearly this needs fixing ASAP
  • Its funny how the people who sit and spawn kill think there skilled players and boast about it. All it shows is you can't play a game unless you spawn kill.
  • Podge_90
    10 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Sgt_Fergus wrote: »

This is, at the very least, spawn kill and needs to be removed and anyone foudn abusing this needs to be temporarily banned if they abuse this.
    You are a horrendous player. Out of interest how many times would you need to die before you stopped spawning in it?
  • Grey_B
    188 posts Member
    Agree, but I'd reduce it to 5 seconds.
    At least in certain areas where the defender spawn is pretty close to an objective.
  • Losobal wrote: »
    I disagree. especially for the LAAT, its biggest weakness is that its a fixed path circling xp box. If you change it so something like a AAT can't kill it in a few seconds, if its paying attention, that means anything else on the ground would be unable to kill the LAAT period.

that would make it too strong. Both the LAAT and AAT are equally as strong when attacking each other. I've played as an AAT and gotten melted away in just a few blasts by the LAAT, so it only makes sense that the AAT can shoot an LAAT down in an equal amount of time.

LAAT just needs to be reworked, because it's just embarassing to have it flying around in circles as it is. AATs are fine.

What's not fine are the starfighters that are able to spawn kill either one of them. Boy I tell you how mad I was when I just rolled a few feet in my AAT just to get bombarded by some Y Wing bomber that I can't even touch.

so dumb.
  • Grey_B wrote: »
    Agree, but I'd reduce it to 5 seconds.
    At least in certain areas where the defender spawn is pretty close to an objective.

how about no spawn immunity and they just fix the spawns.

ding ding ding
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    And I'm pretty sure spawn killing the LAAT with the AAT is not only exploiting the games broken mechanic, its really makes for some salty responses.

Clearly spawn killing LAAT, especially with the AAT turret guns, needs to be fixed as I tested it myself today.

pic 1 and pic 2

I say just leave the AAT alone and just find a way to rework the LAAT.

like, whoever thought it would be a good idea to have a ship flying around in circles with almost no way to defend itself is just a horrible designer.

and If someone doesn't take it down with the AAT, I'd just eventually take it down with my Ion shot with my S5 or my sniper disruptor shot. Both kill the LAAT pretty quickly.
  • Podge_90 wrote: »

You are a horrendous player. Out of interest how many times would you need to die before you stopped spawning in it?

you are an *****. not even going to explain it to someone that thick

pic 1 and pic 2

I say just leave the AAT alone and just find a way to rework the LAAT.

like, whoever thought it would be a good idea to have a ship flying around in circles with almost no way to defend itself is just a horrible designer.

and If someone doesn't take it down with the AAT, I'd just eventually take it down with my Ion shot with my S5 or my sniper disruptor shot. Both kill the LAAT pretty quickly.

I find the AAT is OP in general. the primary is actually as accurate as a sniper rifle even at long range with a high kill blasts radius. I was sniping players from the back of the map that were in cover. they actually have to do something about that would would mean, which in one of my videos i went over about this, they might have to just make it so after a certain distance loss accuracy as it is way hella strong. I went balls to the wall into the enemy team on kashyyyk. And I alone just wrecked them because that thing takes a major beating. The only time I dead in the video, I let the guy shoot me so much so I could get those 3 kills. and in the end could just easily buy another. After getting a quick 6G in BP. Both the LAAT and AAT need reworking in their own ways. like the problem with LAAT is if you zoom in, there is a frame drop issue as the vehicle is moving too fast for the zoom function to work properly sometimes and zooming has no real benefit. I would like it if zooming actually slowed down the vehicle so it had a purpose. otherwise there is none. I avoid zooming and instead as your turn ability to aim is way slower so if you try to go to the right and its circling left you will never be able to keep up to the enemy on the ground so not zoomed in is better. I actually recently did it and the LAAT I got about I think maybe, not much, like 40+ kills. lol It's really easy to destroy but they need to make it that when it flies in, you can't destroy it until it started the encircling and also anyone shooting at it gets outlined or marked. if they did this, it gives players a fair chance at to fight back in the LAAT. they also need to require the AAT to move up and idk what they did but the LAAT no longer does consistent damage to AAT. I think it was that update when they removed the 200,000BP in LAAT to MTT the made it so it requires you to have to hold a certain amount and let go because I tried holding it onto the AAT and it stips doing damage after a certain amount of time, even with heat sink, and you have to wait a bit and hit again. i can see how they tried to balance it but since AAT only needs to hit it 4 times, 2 with link fire if you want it down quicker, its now an even match.

So both need balancing. Unfortunately I can't link the videos or anything because they are exploits getting worked on by DEVs getting looked at but ya dude its back. Mods don't want the exploits on here, thats why the video got taken down and i had to sensor the guy doing this in order to show it on to forum without it getting taken down because you can't name and shame the cheater. I'll be doing the same for the live streamer I sniped for using palpy exploit. all match.
  • There should definitely be some kind of protection to prevent spawn killing, but the protection should disappear once the spawning player takes offensive action.

Or they could improve the spawn locations.
    Better album: Achtung Baby or The Joshua Tree?
  • Rook008 wrote: »
    There should definitely be some kind of protection to prevent spawn killing, but the protection should disappear once the spawning player takes offensive action.

Or they could improve the spawn locations.

either one, the thing is the LAAT goes in a circle but initially it has to fly in, so i think that initial path should be spawn protected so they can kill as they are flying in
  • bfloo
    16587 posts Member
    Podge_90 wrote: »

you are an ****. not even going to explain it to someone that thick

Perhaps they're picking on you specifically because they don't like your forum signature image? :D

Hey look it's a troll

Not trolling - I genuinely would target you if I saw you in one of my games.

exactly, a troll

So taking out potential threats makes someone a troll now?

Am I a troll for keeping a hall way leading to the objective killing the same players over and over after they keep coming the same way?
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• bfloo wrote: »

Perhaps they're picking on you specifically because they don't like your forum signature image? :D

Hey look it's a troll

Not trolling - I genuinely would target you if I saw you in one of my games.

exactly, a troll

So taking out potential threats makes someone a troll now?

Am I a troll for keeping a hall way leading to the objective killing the same players over and over after they keep coming the same way?

to intentionally spawn kill people to rack up points exploiting the game to intentionally infuriate a player. ya its call trolling. Dude the debate is over on this. I already showed a video of me doing it in reverse, all the people in this video that said "it's not spawn killing, it's not cheating" either all shut up or admitted i was right that it's ***** straight up exploitative spawn killing. You are clearly avoiding the situation as hand in the video. i don't control the LAAT, it has a course it goes on and people can just site there in an AAT, wait and kill you the second you spawn in. that's spawn killing, there is nothing legit about it. you people tried to defend it here, you tried to defending in SWBFEA1, you tried to defend it in Halo 5, you tried to defend it in Battlefield 1, you tried to defend it in Halo 4 you tried to defend it in Gears of war 3 beta, you tried to defend it in MOH2010, you tried to defend it in Homefront 2011. Every single time this happened, it eventually got patched. in fact if you do something like this in Siege you will actually get banned from the devs themselves. There is no legitimacy in it no matter how much you try to convince yourself. to kill a player as they spawn in is called spawn killing and its for scrubs that need to cheat to boost up to get kills because they can't play legitimately. That's it, the end.
  • I mean take if from one guy who was saying it wasn't exploitative in this video but then saw the video where i did it an got around 50,000 BP in like 5-10 min. b5wuaci1d814.png

If I can rack up around 50,000 doing this to players by just spawn killing, it's an exploit. I can have heroes the rest of the match. There is no way to defend that. i even talked to an enforcement member from Microsoft on their opinion if this would be considered an exploit to confirm whether or not it is. And he said it that even though they leave this stuff for the devs to address, but if this was one of their games they monitor, they'd consider this an exploit and violation of the rules.
  • bfloo
    16587 posts Member
    We aren't questioning if it should be fixed, we are questioning why you kept spawning in to get killed over and over in the LAAT.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Sgt_Fergus
    2290 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    bfloo wrote: »
    We aren't questioning if it should be fixed, we are questioning why you kept spawning in to get killed over and over in the LAAT.

I explained that. that i first didn't know what happen originally i thought it was a glitch, this was the first time, before this became huge. this was one of the first people doing it. before i didn't know someone could do that. and due to a health glitch that shows the wrong health, it looked like he was invulnerable when i was zapping him. so i was trying to catch this in case he was possibly using other things in the game as other people with me were hitting him with rockets etc and he was not taking a hint. but turns out the AAT is just super OP. i went Headstrong into enemies and i have wiped out 2 heroes and several enemies right in their spawn area when i got stuck. it is in another video. The thing has an accuracy of a sniper rifle at long range and i was killing people at the venator from the beach which shows that its not just the spawn for LAAT but the vehicle itself, AAT, needs to be adjusted.

Hey look it's a troll

To be fair, viewing your threads is a massive eyesore. To the point of me wishing gifs were banned lol. But I agree with your post
  • I felt the same way, so I went into Account Options, Preferences, Signature Settings, and checked the bottom two boxes: "Hide Signatures Always" and "Strip Images out of Signatures."

Now it's all just text and easier to view.
    Better album: Achtung Baby or The Joshua Tree?
  • Yeah, bunch of jerks spawnkilling everyone. It's about time someone due something about that.
  • On Crait, phase 2. People spawn camp the Attackers in the tunnels.
  • Or players could use Ion/disruptor weapons to actively try to take down AAT, AT-ST, LAAT, U-wing etc. Sure the LAAT is in a weak spot since it flies fixed path around the map. Maybe in Kashyyk the Artillery could be the Juggernaut tanks, fixed artillery to shoot artillery suppor much like in MTT/AT-AT. Atleast as an 1st phase option, and in 2nd phase LAAT could be the way to go.

And In Crait phase 1, Resistance can spawn kill the 1st Order. But I think it is not OP
    "Continue with the operation; you may fire when ready."

PSN: ElChubaNibre
    YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY10YSqY1N-qZyuQmirM3ow
  • Or players could use Ion/disruptor weapons to actively try to take down AAT, AT-ST, LAAT, U-wing etc. Sure the LAAT is in a weak spot since it flies fixed path around the map. Maybe in Kashyyk the Artillery could be the Juggernaut tanks, fixed artillery to shoot artillery suppor much like in MTT/AT-AT. Atleast as an 1st phase option, and in 2nd phase LAAT could be the way to go.

And In Crait phase 1, Resistance can spawn kill the 1st Order. But I think it is not OP

well regardless of whether if you feel it's OP or not, its whether or not they are farming spawn points. Exploiting something like that needs to be fixed. Everyone likes to be a Captain Hindsight on this one. I did a follow up video that's linked within this one that shows from me being in an AAT's perspective and that it rockets, turrets, etc for taking out vehicles doesn't even compare. Not even bombers, fighters, interceptors, could stop me. i was unstoppable because the AAT is anti everything and has a ****load of health. so basically you can 1 man army the entire enemy team, which i did. The cannons on it are sniper accurate that i could hit enemy coming out of the venator from the beach. That in itself shows the AAT needs fixing.
  • I really wish that I had as much free time on my hands as the OP. I swear I really think that he/she lives and breathes this forum. If he/she would like something more productive to do, I've got plenty or real work I could sent his/her way :D
  • bfloo wrote: »

Those are my favorites, the ones that are an absolute glutton for punishment lol. Stop spawning into the LAAT and get into a Y-Wing or ARC fighter. I can easily take out 5-10 AATs per match with either of those two ships. Anyone who keeps spawning into the LAAT instead of manning a vehicle that actually requires skill is going to get what's coming to them.
  • I really wish that I had as much free time on my hands as the OP. I swear I really think that he/she lives and breathes this forum. If he/she would like something more productive to do, I've got plenty or real work I could sent his/her way :D

maybe get a better job i guess, dont know what else to tell you. i work 10 hour shifts. so maybe instead of beign worried about other people's lives, focus on yours and stay on topic.
    bfloo wrote: »

Those are my favorites, the ones that are an absolute glutton for punishment lol. Stop spawning into the LAAT and get into a Y-Wing or ARC fighter. I can easily take out 5-10 AATs per match with either of those two ships. Anyone who keeps spawning into the LAAT instead of manning a vehicle that actually requires skill is going to get what's coming to them.

ive already explained why i kept getting into LAAT so if you can't read, i can't help you. Also already showed in my compare video on showing this exploit that "regardless if you don't get back into it, there are 19 others that will and by the time it's full circled, the 1st person will think the spawn killing is over and get right back in it." so your argument is invalid. its the typical argument they always say, *GOW3 BETA exploiters* well if they just spawn camp your spawn then they are just better and you should quit and find a different match. *devs* na, how about we actually fix the spawn issue instead. *done*

your solutions aren't solutions, they don't fix the problem. if something is broken, you fix it. you don't tell people, well just deal with it. If you designed games like that, you would lose your population quiet fast with that attitude.

I also showed in the video everyone on the other team got in bombers, fighters, etc all tried to take me on and no one could touch me proving its anti everything. i can know bombers and fighters out of the sky with relative ease. the accuracy of the AAT is that of a sniper rifle, killing players spawning at the Venator with AAT at the beach, to say that's balanced would be more of a stretch then saying an elephant and a mouse balance each other out on a scale. And as i proved in my video i racked up around 40-50k in less than 10 minutes on Naboo doing this. the whole rest of the match i could pick hero after hero and never play as a trooper ever again for the remainder of the match. That settles the debate to easy farm kills at their spawn locations is exploitative and needs patching.

I have only died 1 time in an AAT and that was in my last video i did about the Crait 320,000 BP in 10 minute exploit. where i was showing that you can still splatter heroes, just not the front end of a speeder bike but the back end is still possible and that even a tap from a AAT can do it. i splattered Rey and Leia in less then 2 minutes of each other. but during that video you see me die and i let the guy kill me because i was hosing down 6 or 7 of their team mates so i didnt care if they other guy got me because by the time i died, i have +6k of BP and just spawn another and came right back up and i was now not even LAAT spawn killing i was driving in on their spawn point and killing them because rockets and sentry guns and turrets take so long to kill me with how much health it has it's practically tickle me elmo dumb how strong the AAT is. it took a guy his entire explosive sentry maxed out and my being already 21/3 damaged before and killing his team like no other before he could take me down finally. your bombers and fighters do jack and **** to my vehicle and jack left town.
  • Spawnkilling's hit an all-time high point. Felucia is freaking awful. Once a team corners you, you're absolutely bugger-done, you can't get out anywhere, and everything kills you AS YOU SPAWN, you don't even get to fully load in, you just see yourself drop dead instantly. Spawn areas, especially the Default One, needs a shield or something so nothing can touch you so you can actually get out.

AND YES I AM SOUR LIKE A FREAKING GERMAN *****, I wonder why! it isn't fun to be *insert censored non-PC quote here* in almost all games. Anyone that enjoys spawn killing and camping enemy spawns is vermin and needs a perma ban. And if the game is designed like this on purpose then DICE ITSELF needs to be shut down by EA for anti-human practices.