criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Focused Feedback

Flametrooper still isn’t worth 3,000 points

As we all know the flametrooper was horrible in the beta so they buffed him for release. IMO he’s still not very good, and definitely not worth 3000 battlepoints. His flamethrower’s range still isn’t long enough and the damage output is minimal. I am aware it has damage overtime but even that doesn’t last long enough. He could use a damage and range buff IMO.

Replies

• I’ve never used him but whenever i see him i run at him because he’s weak and I’ll kill him really fast.
  • lok
    984 posts Member
    i played him for the 1st time on arcade last night and my first impression was his flamer dps was terrible compared to the damage he is receiving.
    So i thought in MP he would die very quick.
  • He was absolutely horrible in the beta now he’s decent but I agree he needs a bit of a buff.
  • Cad_Bane wrote: »
    As we all know the flametrooper was horrible in the beta so they buffed him for release. IMO he’s still not very good, and definitely not worth 3000 battlepoints. His flamethrower’s range still isn’t long enough and the damage output is minimal. I am aware it has damage overtime but even that doesn’t last long enough. He could use a damage and range buff IMO.

I completly agree.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• I think a health increase of 100 - 150 and a small boost to range/DPS should be enough to make him good.
    1pw96s.gif
  • Yeah it’s actually still a little lackluster. I don’t want something OP but the Flametrooper isn’t even “scratching the surface”
  • Yeah he needs one more slight buff, either health or range
  • On the right maps he can be pretty beastly with smart use of cover, but overall he is too weak. Most maps don't allow you to really leverage his abilities. Add some range to that flamethrower, contrary to what video games teach they actually have a decent range.

I also think their overcharge should be more napalm style and leave a burning trail acid a short time. That would give them some area denial and make them stand out in their own way that's not just more up and more damage.

They can be monster in Starkiller blast though!
  • I’ve never used him but whenever i see him i run at him because he’s weak and I’ll kill him really fast.

Yeah people seem to purposely target him because how weak he is.
  • Range is important for him. He is even useless in CQC.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• Only use is trading with a blocking saber hero that's it waste of 3k
  • Flametrooper is still just as rubbish as he was in the beta........
  • Enemies shouldn't be able to return fire when you're actively burning them.
  • Whiskeyjack_5691
    194 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    lok wrote: »
    i played him for the 1st time on arcade last night and my first impression was his flamer dps was terrible compared to the damage he is receiving.
    So i thought in MP he would die very quick.

I played him in the Beta and he was pretty terrible, but I tried him out in Arcade recently and I couldn't get over how god awful he was, even against bots!
    But yeah, he get's annihilated in MP real fast. His damage output is still way to low, and his range is deceptively short; when using his weapon you think it's got a decent range, but you pretty much have to be right up in someones face to do any damage.
  • I don't get it, they had flametroopers down really well in Battlefield 1, why can't they do the same here? That trooper was a little on the OP side in Battlefield, but you could always knife him or bayonet charge him.