criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

The Credit grind is real

The amount of credits a player gets is very cheap especially if you compared it to how much a loot crate cost. You get 200-400 credit each match based on how much you have played. I really hope that DICE will fix this issue cause it fells like a huge grind to only get one crate open. 800-1200 credit for me seems fair for me.

Replies

• I've not really had a problem with credits, have you been aiming to complete your career challenges?
  • No the issue is real. The amount of credits from the career challenges is limited.
    The real grind starts when you completed the career challenges and start to get credits for duplicates in your crates, and a few crafting parts to progress your star cards by hand.
  • kregora wrote: »
    No the issue is real. The amount of credits from the career challenges is limited.
    The real grind starts when you completed the career challenges and start to get credits for duplicates in your crates, and a few crafting parts to progress your star cards by hand.

Yeah in my experience I haven't had issues for credits when aiming for the challenges, however, I can see after they are done the grind can begin, I honestly believe the way this has all played out it is only going to benefit us all in the long run of gaming and SWBF2 will be amazing.

Heard it here first :smiley:
  • kregora wrote: »
    No the issue is real. The amount of credits from the career challenges is limited.

Exactly. I realized how F*ck we are when I understood that the amount of crafting parts from milestones are limited.
    Let's say you do all the milestones 100%, that may enable you to craft maybe 2 or 3 fully "epic" characters (heroes,troopers,starfighters).
    I'm currently at 52% milestone and rank 34 I've upgraded 2 epic cards myself and I have a fully Rey level 22 with 3 epic cards.

But now, as I play, I see how bad it's going to be to upgrade all the "epic" cards or at least the ones I want to use.

Credits aren't really the problem, the real problem are the craftings parts. Because you can't get an epic card in a crate, that means you need to craft it (which is 480).
    So my best advice would be, do not ever use a crafting part to upgrade a card that you could get in a crate.
    Just keep the craftings for epic only (unless you want to level a card you really need/want to). Also I would recommend to get as many heroes crates as possible, they cost less and will unlock you a lot of cards for your heroes.

May the force be with you.
  • amir2730 wrote: »
    The amount of credits a player gets is very cheap especially if you compared it to how much a loot crate cost. You get 200-400 credit each match based on how much you have played. I really hope that DICE will fix this issue cause it fells like a huge grind to only get one crate open. 800-1200 credit for me seems fair for me.

Sounds like another case of "i want everything fast". The credits awarded is fair. What the **** are you trying to buy with an 800-1200 credit reward anyways? Most of the characters are cheap and so are the crates. P.S. don't bother buying trooper crates, buy hero crates.
  • amir2730 wrote: »

Sounds like another case of "i want everything fast". The credits awarded is fair. What the **** are you trying to buy with an 800-1200 credit reward anyways? Most of the characters are cheap and so are the crates. P.S. don't bother buying trooper crates, buy hero crates.

Why?
  • Rokon wrote: »
    amir2730 wrote: »

Why?
    Because you get more character cards, credits and parts that way. And you still get some trooper cards. Arguably, trooper cards are more valuable, but it matters not at all. Every card you get is a card you don't spend crafting parts on upgrading; those parts go into upgrading your troopers. Simple as that.

Remember, while epic cards might look cool, they're not that useful. For most star cards, it's the basic ones which matter - giving new abilities or improving existing ones - and they only cost 40 parts each.

Remember, too, that you get several star cards just by playing and completing challenges. Read the challenge descriptions to get an idea of which cards you get. You don't need to buy those, nor get them in the crates.

At last, the wisest approach is likely to forego buying crates at all until you've bought the heroes. Again, the main value of the heroes are their abilities which you get at level 0. Anything above is a bonus. Nice, but not required. I've already unlocked all of the heroes, BTW. Through casual play, and without spending a single Euro on crystals.
  • Totally agree.
    As long you have challanges, it's o.k. Because you get credit for those. But I have done most of them, and now I'm only grinding endlessly for credits...for what? To open a lootbox after grinding to get totally random stuff, and most of them are duplicates?

This system is the worst progression system I ever saw. (O.k. the Hutt contract system was way worse than this., I have to admit) Why they are not simply implement the good old Multiplayer progression system from other multiplayer games like Battlefront 2-3 or whatever.
  • I'd be happy if they doubled the credits earned each match, it wouldn't be to much nor to little just something sweet in between =) or reduce the cost of crates (speaking of reducing, they could reduce the crafting parts needed for crafting/upgrading cards, considering some cards are same on multiple characters and they have to be re-crafted/gained on them -.-)
  • I am hoping for them to re-introduce crates I can buy with real money, I don't have the time to grind this game 24/7, but still want to enjoy new cards etc.
  • I got 30 000 credits all all heroes unlocked. dont see the problem
  • bfloo
    10204 posts Member
    Nihil wrote: »
    Totally agree.
    As long you have challanges, it's o.k. Because you get credit for those. But I have done most of them, and now I'm only grinding endlessly for credits...for what? To open a lootbox after grinding to get totally random stuff, and most of them are duplicates?

This system is the worst progression system I ever saw. (O.k. the Hutt contract system was way worse than this., I have to admit) Why they are not simply implement the good old Multiplayer progression system from other multiplayer games like Battlefront 2-3 or whatever.

I didn't mind the Hutt contracts, I found some good weapons doing them plus they were something to do at the time.

Some were a little too specific but they were all doable quickly.