criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
August Community Calendar

Heroes vs Villains not as nearly as fun as before

So I played a few HvsV games and I have to say, I'm very disappointed.

1st of all, it's a really challange to get into a game. Endless waiting times, people are entering and leaving the queue.
This is I think because unlikely the HvsV games in the past Battlefront, this is only a 4v4. And because of that, you can't just start a game with 1 missing person. All slots needs to be filled.

But the most annoying part is the game mechanic itself.
There are always targets you have to take out, but to be honest, nobody cares. Because you just kill everyone on sight, and as soon the enemy team has -1 person, you are easily killing the remaining.

Also the heroes are unballanced.
Force users are clearly overpowered compared to every other hero. As soon you start the button smashing with the lightsaber on someone, that person is stunned for the whole process.
Boba is clearly the winner because he is the only one who can fly, and since the Light side ranged heroes are trash, and the force users can't touch him.....you can guess....win for dark side. I hade not a single game where the light side won.

Dark Side: Select 3 force users and Boba.
Light side: Doesn't matter who you pick. Even the Jedi heroes are loosing in a 1v1 against almost every Sith (except Palpatin. He is trash)

I think the game was much more fun with more non-hero troopers also in the game. And than, whoever killed a hero, could become a hero himself.

Replies

• Nihil wrote: »
    So I played a few HvsV games and I have to say, I'm very disappointed.

1st of all, it's a really challange to get into a game. Endless waiting times, people are entering and leaving the queue.
    This is I think because unlikely the HvsV games in the past Battlefront, this is only a 4v4. And because of that, you can't just start a game with 1 missing person. All slots needs to be filled.

But the most annoying part is the game mechanic itself.
    There are always targets you have to take out, but to be honest, nobody cares. Because you just kill everyone on sight, and as soon the enemy team has -1 person, you are easily killing the remaining.

Also the heroes are unballanced.
    Force users are clearly overpowered compared to every other hero. As soon you start the button smashing with the lightsaber on someone, that person is stunned for the whole process.
    Boba is clearly the winner because he is the only one who can fly, and since the Light side ranged heroes are trash, and the force users can't touch him.....you can guess....win for dark side. I hade not a single game where the light side won.

Dark Side: Select 3 force users and Boba.
    Light side: Doesn't matter who you pick. Even the Jedi heroes are loosing in a 1v1 against almost every Sith (except Palpatin. He is trash)

I think the game was much more fun with more non-hero troopers also in the game. And than, whoever killed a hero, could become a hero himself.

Agree 100%, change this to battlefront 1 HvV EA
  • No. This is a way better improvement. First off, I like how there isnt any infantry involved. It means that you'll always get to he a Hero, and you don't have to worry about a stray shot from someone killing you. Second, people I play with DO go after the targets, that's how you win. What I get annoyed at is that no one seems to protect their targets. 2 people hunt, 2 people defend, easy. Third, I've topped the board as Iden, and one of my friend consistently gets second place as Han. Blaster Heroes just need to keep their distance. If you go charging as a blaster Hero, then expect to get messed up. I know Lightsaber Heroes are annoying when they just charge into you, but YOU need to keep your distance. Seriously, they dont need to change this mode, you just need to practice and get better.
  • I like Bf2's HvsV a lot more than BF2015's. If anything add both modes.
  • This game's version is definitely better. They just need to work on balancing a bit. As for the Light Side ranged heroes suckin, I wholeheartedly disagree. Learn to roll and watch the Sith get frustrated while you pop off shots in between. Now the Jedi might need some buffing. I seem to win as the Dark Side way more often than the Light.
  • I would agree with you if I could manage to get into games. Waiting time is over minutes.
    And that's only because of the forced 4v4.
    But yet....heroes are very unballanced
  • I agree with learning to play blaster heroes strategically and keep your distance.

And then you become the target and no one is there to guard you. The Target thing HAS to go. Just make it a team deathmatch, period, end of story.
  • Agree 100%!!! Bring back old Heroes v Villains please!!!! Even just add it as another mode if anything....