criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Felucia Transmission

PLEASE FIX HEROES VS. VILLAINS!

lerodemmy
3652 posts Member
edited November 2017
I'm so sick of one person leaving and ruining the game! Why is it like this? It becomes 4 on 3, then another person leaves and it's 4 on 2 and it's just horrible.

An alternative version should be added with more players, allowing players to use troopers like in the first game.

Not to mention, Boba Fett can jet pack his way up to areas of the map that no one else can reach, making him virtually impossible to kill when he's the target. That's just not fair.

Also, the ability of non--Force-using heroes to roll away from light saber attacks and never get hit is ridiculous.

I could name several more issues, but here's one: Darth Vader's choke rarely works, and when it does, if you press R2 you start swinging your light saber instead of doing choke damage. The damage button while choking should be triangle/Y, as it has no other function.
21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
headerjpgt1547513853
Post edited by lerodemmy on

Replies

• 1up from me.
  • Starmasui73146
    1269 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    (1.) Rage quitters or not enough people in a match: This is why I have said for years now that we NEED A.I. to fill empty slots if no one shows up after like 5 minutes in all the game modes Online.

(2.) I knew someone would complain about Boba Fett being able to get up high out of reach. Yes that was a issue but he has a rocket pack it is realistic. So when it occurs just defend only until the timer swaps targets; it will you know if no one is dying after a tad.

No need DICE to make ledges on Yavin 4 not able to jump on, that’s the coolest element in the game yet.

(3.) The ability to roll out of a attack has been fundamental in war since the beginning of time...are you for real? Adapt, learn to antisapate your enemies defensive counters.

(4.) The reason why choke does not always work is because heroes being attacked can rapidly push ‘A’ button to dislodge themselves. Which is similar to how Imperials can rapidly push a button to try to save themselves from Lando’s shock trap. Seems fair to me, just saying, otherwise heed be to OP.

(5.) Button reassignment is a valid point for some people, good point.

Post edited by Starmasui73146 on
    “There is always hope.”
  • Okay so here is an updated version of my response I think it covers a little more and is just more complete:

(1.) Rage quitters or not enough people in a match: This is why I have said for years now that we NEED A.I. to fill empty slots if no one shows up after like 5 minutes in all the game modes Online.

(2.) I knew someone would complain about Boba Fett being able to get up high out of reach. Yes that was an issue but he has a rocket pack it is realistic. One possible solution for you: So when it occurs just defend only until the timer swaps targets; it will you know if no one is dying after a tad. The second possible option is: You can just shoot him with any pistol wielder. You say well I didn’t select a pistol wielder, easy enough just respawn or let them kill you and select one. Now you have a pistol and can shoot Boba Fett easy pesy. Third Han Solo can throw his detonite charge and detonate it right next to him in mid air. I used this already on many villains and they came crashing down and I ended them. Just think, adapt, work out the problem. The answer isn’t to fix the cool stuff but rather to adjust your tactics according to the situation.

No need DICE to make ledges on Yavin 4 not able to jump on, that’s the coolest element in the game yet.

(3.) The ability to roll out of a attack has been fundamental in war since the beginning of time...are you for real? Adapt, learn to antisapate your enemies defensive counters.

(4.) The reason why choke does not always work is because heroes being attacked can rapidly push ‘A’ button to dislodge themselves. Which is similar to how Imperials can rapidly push a certain button to try to save themselves from Lando’s shock trap. Seems fair to me, just saying, otherwise Darth would be to OP.

“There is always hope.”
  • (1.) Rage quitters or not enough people in a match: This is why I have said for years now that we NEED A.I. to fill empty slots if no one shows up after like 5 minutes in all the game modes Online.

(2.) I knew someone would complain about Boba Fett being able to get up high out of reach. Yes that was a issue but he has a rocket pack it is realistic. So when it occurs just defend only until the timer swaps targets; it will you know if no one is dying after a tad.

(4.) The reason why choke does not always work is because heroes being attacked can rapidly push ‘A’ button to dislodge themselves. Which is similar to how Imperials can rapidly push a button to try to save themselves from Lando’s shock trap. Seems fair to me, just saying, otherwise heed be to OP.

(1.) Agreed

(2.) Absolutely *****, his jetpack being realistic for him to go up high sure but for him to abuse it 24/7 almost never being on ground and annoy the whole enemy team with his undefendable rockets (even doding them is nearly impossible as they still do quite a bit of damage).... simple solution nerf the jetpack make the cooldown longer forcing him to fight on ground as well after all he doesn't have infinite fuel in his jetpack and 100L of fuel on hand to almost instantly refuel... i mean wtf!

(3.) Again *****, after you swing you're basicaly a sitting target to them cuz if they roll away and you swing even if you use dodge button it doesn't work instantly meaning they just run and roll and before you're even able to catch them to damage them a little you're already dead, i get it there's gotta be a balance between non force & force users but this way is *****, the fact when you do hit them they can just instantly roll away and begin their "you'll never catch me" shinaniganz is stupid, i'd say increase stun on them when they're hit by sabers or find another better way, cuz this is ridicilous.

(4.) I never got a prompt to be able to rapidly push button to save myself from lando's shock trap only from vaders choke & vaders choke is broken cuz if it rarely works even when enemy isnt blocking you can't instantly break out after vader uses his choke making it look like it didnt work therefor the ability needs fixing.

(5.) i'm on PC so idk which button would be good for this but i do agree on you striking with lightsaber instead of choking sometimes so should be reassigned for better usage.

• I knew someone would complain about Boba Fett being able to get up high out of reach. Yes that was an issue but he has a rocket pack it is realistic. One possible solution for you: So when it occurs just defend only until the timer swaps targets; it will you know if no one is dying after a tad. The second possible option is: You can just shoot him with any pistol wielder. You say well I didn’t select a pistol wielder, easy enough just respawn or let them kill you and select one. Now you have a pistol and can shoot Boba Fett easy pesy. Third Han Solo can throw his detonite charge and detonate it right next to him in mid air. I used this already on many villains and they came crashing down and I ended them. Just think, adapt, work out the problem. The answer isn’t to fix the cool stuff but rather to adjust your tactics according to the situation.

Boba pretty much ruins HvV. He's the definition of cheesing. Game Balance > "Cool Stuff."
  • The old HVV mode was a lot better, They should just make it an 8 player mode and do 4v4 heroes with an additional 4 troopers on the team. They could either do rounds like the old version or do a kills or target system. Not really sure why they created this system, this mode kinda sucks now.
  • Starmasui73146
    1269 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Absolutely ****, his jetpack being realistic for him to go up high sure but for him to abuse it 24/7 almost never being on ground and annoy the whole enemy team with his undefendable rockets (even doding them is nearly impossible as they still do quite a bit of damage).... simple solution nerf the jetpack make the cooldown longer forcing him to fight on ground as well after all he doesn't have infinite fuel in his jetpack and 100L of fuel on hand to almost instantly refuel... i mean ****!

Nay...I’ve beatin Boba Fett quite a lot...get better.

As for the jet packs seemingly infinite fuel that’s only if they have that certain star card that allows you to have a longer duration in the air. I would suggest to DICE to remove that card feature all together and make it something else. No need to do anything radical.

The old HVV mode was a lot better, They should just make it an 8 player mode and do 4v4 heroes with an additional 4 troopers on the team. They could either do rounds like the old version or do a kills or target system. Not really sure why they created this system, this mode kinda sucks now.

Yes I agree that having it where if you get defeated you become a trooper was better. They need to return to that system, this one does struggle to be balanced especially on really open environments. Lately Villains win like 98% of the time...they have perfected a strategy that’s nigh unstoppable...because all 4 villains just make a bead line for the target and are heavily supported from the sky by Boba Fett. Since we were in an open environment with barely any place to go, we were just crushed on the downed Star Destroyer on Jakku. This is largely in part because DICE made the dang map to restrictive. We could have made a stand down narrow passages but no they were out of bounds (as usual)...Really? Really? Wow...What a horrible decision.
    “There is always hope.”
  • Boba's jetpack has counters, as has already been explained- Blaster's in general, Han's detonite, Luke jump + push, Leia alternate fire, Chewie's bowcaster buff. It's annoying as hell, I agree. And if dark siders are working together well then it will be extremely difficult to bring him down. But very possible.

Bringing in troopers is a terrible idea in my opinion. It'd be run away from the supercharged sentry and vanguard way too much. Keep it how it is, because if you bring in troopers you'd have to reduce their damage input to the point where no-one would want to play as them.

Vader's choke is hella broken, but not in the way you described. When you choke just wait a second then start damaging. The choke is broken when the victim hits an object and insta-dies or is just moved far away for no reason or is teleporting around and getting hit out of it is weird, like Vader can still do damage and the victim's camera is locked but rolls and junk are still doable.

I would appreciate making it a little easier for saber heroes to kill blasters, it's fine as is. You gotta somehow block their shots while dashing to keep up with them and only swinging when they come up from a roll. Difficult, yes but again, doable. I don't bother if there is another being on me. If changes are made, I would suggest some kind of dash-strike that can track through backward rolls (or better said, when the roll is going directly away of the saber's front). Leave other directions alone because it's much more difficult to shoot and roll when you go forward/side.

I do think Villains win more often, due to Boba and extra sabers (Yoda's doesn't count as much imo) but it's not to dramatic an advantage. Especially when Chewie + at least one blaster decide to sit back n'camp and the rest of the lightside stays.

My 2 cents
  • timidobserver
    807 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Deeziee wrote: »
    Boba's jetpack has counters, as has already been explained- Blaster's in general, Han's detonite, Luke jump + push, Leia alternate fire, Chewie's bowcaster buff. It's annoying as ****, I agree. And if dark siders are working together well then it will be extremely difficult to bring him down. But very possible.

Bringing in troopers is a terrible idea in my opinion. It'd be run away from the supercharged sentry and vanguard way too much. Keep it how it is, because if you bring in troopers you'd have to reduce their damage input to the point where no-one would want to play as them.

Vader's choke is hella broken, but not in the way you described. When you choke just wait a second then start damaging. The choke is broken when the victim hits an object and insta-dies or is just moved far away for no reason or is teleporting around and getting hit out of it is weird, like Vader can still do damage and the victim's camera is locked but rolls and junk are still doable.

I would appreciate making it a little easier for saber heroes to kill blasters, it's fine as is. You gotta somehow block their shots while dashing to keep up with them and only swinging when they come up from a roll. Difficult, yes but again, doable. I don't bother if there is another being on me. If changes are made, I would suggest some kind of dash-strike that can track through backward rolls (or better said, when the roll is going directly away of the saber's front). Leave other directions alone because it's much more difficult to shoot and roll when you go forward/side.

I do think Villains win more often, due to Boba and extra sabers (Yoda's doesn't count as much imo) but it's not to dramatic an advantage. Especially when Chewie + at least one blaster decide to sit back n'camp and the rest of the lightside stays.

My 2 cents

It's not a question of whether it is possible overcome Boba's jetpack. It's possible to beat every team combination in the game. Enough skill and team work can overcome any advantage the opposing team has. It's a question of whether the advantage is balanced and the answer to that is no. The rebel side has access to no terrain based advantages. Terrain based advantages should not be exclusive to the empire side.
  • lerodemmy
    3652 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    There are places Boba can go that he literally can't be hit. Yes, he's beatable. I kill him with Chewbacca all the time, but that doesn't matter. He's a huge advantage for the other team when he's the target because you have to focus fire on him in unnatural locations, leaving yourself vulnerable. There's a place on Endor where he can get so high that you literally can't hit him. That has nothing to do with "getting good." It's just plain unfair.

And Vader's choke is definitely broken in the way that I said. If you start choking and then mash R2 to damage, he will begin slashing with the saber the vast (and I do mean vast) majority of the time.
    Post edited by lerodemmy on
    21 years in the making... the wait is over. Buy RESIDENT EVIL 2 now!
    headerjpgt1547513853
  • Do not post in all caps and do not use profanity.

Closed.
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator, EA Star Wars Battlefront Forums Senior Moderator and EA Answers HQ Hero.

Check out the forum rules & guidelines
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!