criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Why even play the objective? No point in it.

Real question. Why is it even worth playing the objective in this game? Every time who gets the highest score? Who gets the reward position on the game end screen? Not the people playing the objective. Just the people who are playing
1. full rambo on everyone caring only about the eliminations
2. the people who pick starfighters on Galactic Assault and are eliminating other starfighters or A.I.

Even on strike, and on GA I was always defending the point as an officer. Not even once guarding it on my own. And it tooke ages for someone to come by so I can kill him and keep the point safe. What's the reward? Last place on the scoreboard because you get only just few eliminations out of that.

This game is not even trying to encourage to play the objective.

The game should reward you with score for guarding the objective.
Yes I know, you get score if you stand ON THE TOP of the terminal/gunship/ect. But standing on the top of it is suicide and not guarding.
The distance should be extended A LOT!!!

Until it gets fixed, I don't give a f about the objective.

Replies

  • In GA, the objectives gives ALOT of battle points.

    If you value bp then playing the objective will benefit you.
  • I have tried it..playing the objective vs going and just getting kills with Starfighters or going behind enemy lines and killing people.
    And the 2nd method is giving WAY MORE score! Even on deffense ignoring the point you should defend and just playing CoD is giving much more BP and score.
    I barely see on the end screen people with "objective played" score. Only MVP-s with the most score. And these MVPs are filling most of the time 2-3 other position as well on that screen.

    Seems pretty simple to me.
  • Nihil wrote: »
    Real question. Why is it even worth playing the objective in this game? Every time who gets the highest score? Who gets the reward position on the game end screen? Not the people playing the objective. Just the people who are playing
    1. full rambo on everyone caring only about the eliminations
    2. the people who pick starfighters on Galactic Assault and are eliminating other starfighters or A.I.

    Even on strike, and on GA I was always defending the point as an officer. Not even once guarding it on my own. And it tooke ages for someone to come by so I can kill him and keep the point safe. What's the reward? Last place on the scoreboard because you get only just few eliminations out of that.

    This game is not even trying to encourage to play the objective.

    The game should reward you with score for guarding the objective.
    Yes I know, you get score if you stand ON THE TOP of the terminal/gunship/ect. But standing on the top of it is suicide and not guarding.
    The distance should be extended A LOT!!!

    Until it gets fixed, I don't give a f about the objective.

    1. I've never seen a top 5 player of the game without top objective score being on the board.
    2. You have to do more than just sit on a point to do good overall in a game mode.
    3. I play strike religiously. The game mode caters to the defensive side. So you could understand why I don't believe the bit about you being the sole defender on an objective and barely seeing enemy players. Not possible in both aspects.
  • On star fighter assault there needs to be another title on the right side of the screen. MOP = most objective player, this title is given to one person on one team. All blaster bolts and missiles fired and landed against shield generators, capital ships, etc will be totalled up. Also the killshot should be critically important, the last missile or bolt fired to destroy the star destroyer reactor for example. Big big points to the MOP.
  • I have tried it..playing the objective vs going and just getting kills with Starfighters or going behind enemy lines and killing people.
    And the 2nd method is giving WAY MORE score! Even on deffense ignoring the point you should defend and just playing CoD is giving much more BP and score.
    I barely see on the end screen people with "objective played" score. Only MVP-s with the most score. And these MVPs are filling most of the time 2-3 other position as well on that screen.

    Seems pretty simple to me.
  • RedReVenge wrote: »
    In GA, the objectives gives ALOT of battle points.

    If you value bp then playing the objective will benefit you.

    It seems like BPs need to be higher on objectives and not on kills because even in GA people are more focused on going for lots of kills to gets heroes quicker than by objective
  • I think your not good at the game. I play objective and I finish top 5 almost every match. Usually top 3.
  • Actually the objective is, yes, guarding the zone... but to win you need to eliminate all the players in the other team. So, if your team goes in the front, kills them and prevent them from reaching the objective, they are doing it right. You, on your end, can be usefull for the ones that successfully reaches the objective, but, like you said, if no one comes then your team is good. lol
  • maxquu
    100 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    One team usually controls the whole game flow for galactic assault, in the last three days so that only certain players have a chance to get a bigger score. People like to take control of things, in just a different way that folks are upset with EA. I am and adult and so I am not upset with the way of the world, but the game is fun and I wish folks that play would be as understanding and fair to other players like they expect EA to treat the player base.
  • Understanding decency to all players and world peace. Wishful thinking. Peace everyone. have fun.
  • Sgt_Fergus wrote: »
    RedReVenge wrote: »
    In GA, the objectives gives ALOT of battle points.

    If you value bp then playing the objective will benefit you.

    It seems like BPs need to be higher on objectives and not on kills because even in GA people are more focused on going for lots of kills to gets heroes quicker than by objective

    Maybe so. I find myself getting the Hero in phase 1 (most of the games) and I play the objective pretty hard.
  • I think your not good at the game. I play objective and I finish top 5 almost every match. Usually top 3.

    Really? Well to bad that I'm too with currently not playing the objective. E.g. Kashyyk I ended up with 34 000 score (with starfighters clearing the sky of A.I and sometimes enemy fighters)
    2nd biggest score was barely above 10K. And that person was also fighting with a starfighter when he could.
    That much to playing good enough the objective on the ground. I accept your offensive statement that I'm not good enough if the game give equal conditions to get a good enough position.
    Orros wrote: »
    . So, if your team goes in the front, kills them and prevent them from reaching the objective, they are doing it right.
    Really? That needs only 1 person (probably a specialist) slip trough the backline and get the objective. I wouldn't say that's a good tactic.


  • the starfighter AI farming def has to stop. people don't llay the objective and then hog heroes the entire match due to ridiculous amounts of battle points. ruins the game when you wanna actually win the match and st the least can't even use a hero
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!