criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Favorite Hero?

Prev1
I'm really enjoying the heroes in this game, and my favorite for light side is Yoda. His unleash ability is so fun to use. My favorite dark side hero is a tie between Darth Maul and Palpatine. I love Palpatine's abilities, and his character. I just wish his lightning wouldn't overheat as quickly. Darth my I almost have fully upgraded and is amazing, can't go wrong there.

Replies

• Favorite Lightsaber Hero for Light Side: Luke
    Favorite Blastwr Hero for Light Side: Han

Favorite Lightsaber Hero for Dark Side: Kylo
    Favorite Blaster Hero for Dark Side: Iden

Sorry I'm too lazy to go into much detail, so short reasons why.

Luke: I like his abilites, especially combining Saber Rush and Repulse

Han: Great blaster, and his bombs are great

Kylo: Amazing abilities, and they all combine well

Iden: Great blaster, secondary fire is amazing, and her Pulse rifle is very useful
  • I like Lando because I’m cheap and completely willing to hold Kyle in place with a shocking trap as I shoot him several times in the face.

I also like Palpatine because his main attack is to make black wind that gets in peoples’ eyes.
    I don't know what Battlefront II is.
  • kylenpain
    1305 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    fav to least fav = Left to Right
    HvV:
    Heroes - Han, Rey, Luke.
    Villains - Kylo, Emperor, Vader
    I like these characters bc theyre good against other heroes, notice i dont have Maul listed bc he gets rekt by other heroes without his block. Han, Rey and Luke all can knock the other heroes off their feet, that gives me a huge advantage. (Detonate Charge for the win)
    GA:
    Heroes - Han, Yoda, Leia
    Villains - Maul, Kylo, Vader
    My heroes are great against infantry, with Han and Leia i feel that i can always shoot first and kill them before they take down too much damage. Yodas unleash is super op, i absorb all the blaster fire into his unleash and throw it back! (this is op in narrow corridors like Theed.)
    With the villains i just hunt for the enemy, i hunt any enemy heroes and rack up kills. Maul is best for it to me bc i only use him when its crunch time and the last phase. i dont lose much damage with him bc im always moving. Kylo and Vader are usually for anything before the last two phases. theyre for more open maps and helping teammates.
  • HvV: Currently Palp/Rey
    GA: Bossk/Leia

T1: Vader/Rey/Chewie/Boba
    T2: Bossk/Luke/Maul/Leia
    T3: Palp/Kylo/Han/Iden
    T4: Lando/Yoda

No one beats Bossk on sheer destructive power. Plus the thermal vision is op. Yoda/Lando/Iden are probably the worse heroes imo.
  • Grand pappy Palpatine if he had a saber but till then maul as terrible as he is compared to some others favorite Star Wars Sith especially when he had spider legs
  • Natalie wrote: »
    HvV: Currently Palp/Rey

No one beats Bossk on sheer destructive power. Plus the thermal vision is op. Yoda/Lando/Iden are probably the worse heroes imo.

Iden is great against infantry. Just get Star Cards that upgrade her TL-50, and thenthr third one can be whatever you like. She clears house when she needs to
  • MONEYPYR0 wrote: »
    Natalie wrote: »

Iden is great against infantry. Just get Star Cards that upgrade her TL-50, and thenthr third one can be whatever you like. She clears house when she needs to

so is lando, hes probably 4th on my lists. u can shoot super fast with his blaster.
  • Yoda and Maul!
    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!

Yeah iden is good in GA but shes pretty low in HvV. I still wouldnt put her above anyone in a higher tier. Bossk has a better sniper imo and the droid isnt very good, plus shes not giving radar like rey or boba. Lando is in the same boat, but worse. If you want to play a good Lando, use Chewie.
    MONEYPYR0 wrote: »

Yeah iden is good in GA but shes pretty low in HvV. I still wouldnt put her above anyone in a higher tier. Bossk has a better sniper imo and the droid isnt very good, plus shes not giving radar like rey or boba. Lando is in the same boat, but worse. If you want to play a good Lando, use Chewie.

I still manage to do fairly well as her in HvV. Roll and secondary fire, lol. I despise Bossk. I did in the first game as well. He does not suit my play style well

I still manage to do fairly well as her in HvV. Roll and secondary fire, lol. I despise Bossk. I did in the first game as well. He does not suit my play style well

Dont like grenade spam?

Dont like grenade spam?

To be fair, I've onlt played as him once, and that was HvV. Didn't like the Relby very much, and I didnt like his abilities compared to Boba and Iden. Dont get me wrong, I know he can be used well, but he's just not for me
  • I've played them all in HvV. My fave top three are:
    1. Rey; she's fast, has a graceful way about her fighting technique. Her mind trick is fun but so many are used to it, it might work better now if it randomized the controls of the opponents who are hit by it. So down would mean up, but the next moment down could mean left. Still as it is, it can be used to give you a head start when running from multiple foes or used to separate out someone to attack when up have to take on more than one.
      Using her insight will allow you to get a slight boost, so try make sure that is on while dueling, and it'll make you invisible on your opponent's radar, unless you're the target. Running up behind someone and using Dash Strike is a quick way to beat someone. Actually using dodge to get at adversary's undefendable back is a decent dueling skill to master.

2. Iden; the import thing to do when playing as her is not to have her stand there and go toe-to-toe with a Jedi, she will die more times than not, even if they are weakened they'll make short work of her. Also her Pulse Cannon is not of much use, when the action is happening far away it's handy enough but what makes her great and able to do a lot of damage in my eyes is her TL-50. This is great for hunting Jedi. The secondary fire, a concussion blast, is unblockable and it's main blaster fire is easy enough to get unlimited after it over heats.
      She has a shield that will allow you a chance to find cover when she is being targeted by a blaster. However she can still be damaged while her shield is active by Chewie's Furious Bowcaster. Last points about her, this one is the most important, her dodge will leave Jedi swiping at thin air, once timed correctly you will occasionally earn yourself enough time to fire off a concussion blast, after a few of these the Jedi will either give up the fight or be dead, this is the best way I've found to take on a Jedi one on one. And you can even keep two or very rarely three at bay for a short time using tumble, but you won't be able to fire. And remember sending her droid out to temporally stun can really help not only yourself but also your teammates.
    3. Chewie; I've only played as him about ten times so far, unlike the other two whom I've played as each over one hundred times, but this guy is so powerful. In the rock-paper-scissors that is HvV, he is the perfect rock to the scissors that is Boba Fett, for that reason alone I love him. My tactics so far have been just to cause as much havoc amongst the enemy.

Some of the characters will refers to others with funny phrases and even some short dialogue will pass between, I won't spoil these for those who haven't had a chance to play the mode yet.

tl;dr: Rey, Iden & Chewie are my faves because of reasons.
  • I've played them all in HvV. My fave top three are:
    1. Rey; she's fast, has a graceful way about her fighting technique. Her mind trick is fun but so many are used to it, it might work better now if it randomized the controls of the opponents who are hit by it. So down would mean up, but the next moment down could mean left. Still as it is, it can be used to give you a head start when running from multiple foes or used to separate out someone to attack when up have to take on more than one.
      Using her insight will allow you to get a slight boost, so try make sure that is on while dueling, and it'll make you invisible on your opponent's radar, unless you're the target. Running up behind someone and using Dash Strike is a quick way to beat someone. Actually using dodge to get at adversary's undefendable back is a decent dueling skill to master.

2. Iden; the import thing to do when playing as her is not to have her stand there and go toe-to-toe with a Jedi, she will die more times than not, even if they are weakened they'll make short work of her. Also her Pulse Cannon is not of much use, when the action is happening far away it's handy enough but what makes her great and able to do a lot of damage in my eyes is her TL-50. This is great for hunting Jedi. The secondary fire, a concussion blast, is unblockable and it's main blaster fire is easy enough to get unlimited after it over heats.
      She has a shield that will allow you a chance to find cover when she is being targeted by a blaster. However she can still be damaged while her shield is active by Chewie's Furious Bowcaster. Last points about her, this one is the most important, her dodge will leave Jedi swiping at thin air, once timed correctly you will occasionally earn yourself enough time to fire off a concussion blast, after a few of these the Jedi will either give up the fight or be dead, this is the best way I've found to take on a Jedi one on one. And you can even keep two or very rarely three at bay for a short time using tumble, but you won't be able to fire. And remember sending her droid out to temporally stun can really help not only yourself but also your teammates.
    3. Chewie; I've only played as him about ten times so far, unlike the other two whom I've played as each over one hundred times, but this guy is so powerful. In the rock-paper-scissors that is HvV, he is the perfect rock to the scissors that is Boba Fett, for that reason alone I love him. My tactics so far have been just to cause as much havoc amongst the enemy.

Some of the characters will refers to others with funny phrases and even some short dialogue will pass between, I won't spoil these for those who haven't had a chance to play the mode yet.

tl;dr: Rey, Iden & Chewie are my faves because of reasons.

Agree with Iden. She can do damage if played correctly. If a Jedi does get close, I just roll and secondary fire until help,arrives, lol

Agree with Iden. She can do damage if played correctly. If a Jedi does get close, I just roll and secondary fire until help,arrives, lol

I sometimes feel sorry for the Jedi. I mean these are meant to be legendary fighters, and they're getting beaten by a highly trained human, fair enough she is the leader of Inferno Squad and one of the elites of the Empire, but she really shouldn't be so difficult for them to kill. But I do understand why they made her as good as they did, they wanted to have a kickass girl on the Empire's side.

I sometimes feel sorry for the Jedi. I mean these are meant to be legendary fighters, and they're getting beaten by a highly trained human, fair enough she is the leader of Inferno Squad and one of the elites of the Empire, but she really shouldn't be so difficult for them to kill. But I do understand why they made her as good as they did, they wanted to have a kickass girl on the Empire's side.

Dude, Iden is literally my girlfriend. She's pretty hot, she's firey, and she could maybe kill me if she tried. I wish he had a tad more health, but what can you do?
  • She is pretty cool. I'm reading the Inferno Squad book at the moment, it's great finding out stuff that happened to her before you start the Campaign.
  • MLGGrandMasterBroda
    2910 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Dude, Iden is literally my girlfriend. She's pretty hot, she's firey, and she could maybe kill me if she tried. I wish he had a tad more health, but what can you do?[/quote]
    She ain't got buns like Leia does tho.
    The best Yoda loadout: https://1drv.ms/i/s!AveJpgcuWkNfdw7ZwgFzn3T3O8g

How to effectively play Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/97820/i-have-waited-a-long-time-for-this-moment-my-little-green-friend-yoda-guide

General discussions about Yoda: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/98884/general-discussions-about-yoda

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you?"

"Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose."

giphy.gif
    Links to all my Yoda tips/discussions in the spoiler tag to save space. ^^^

Respect your fellow users (and Yoda), help improve the game and have a great day!
  • Dude, Iden is literally my girlfriend. She's pretty hot, she's firey, and she could maybe kill me if she tried. I wish he had a tad more health, but what can you do?
    [/quote]

Oh she got buns if you're lookin down ;)
  • Chewie and Bossk.
    For General Ahsoka Tano!
    h3d5nuo8y0jq.png

• ShadowElite841
    5 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Light side. Rey because her dash with the Starcard that buffs its damage allows her to clear entire corridors of troops and her Insight gives her Infinite Stamina and extra damage on her swings so you can just tank a lot of blaster fire pretty easily.

Dark side. Palpatine I know a lot of people dont play him But my cards are 20% range on his lightning attacks, Lightning absorption and In full control.

His Dark Aura can just allow you to leap into a crowd of troops and hit them with chain lightning and laugh as they all die in seconds. also his 2 handed lightning attack can track through cover if you hit them with it before they get into it and Has absurd range with the Range starcard.

It also does pretty good damage to vehicles and hero's and can kill the At-RT's very quick while you jump around and dodge all there fire.
  • ive had the best success with Rey. maybe because i have 2 of her purple cards? ive also liked running with lando because hes deadly at range and fits my playstyle more. i like maul as well if im in a more aggressive streak. his leap attack is deadly as a combo starter when people dont know he is coming.
  • Dude, Iden is literally my girlfriend. She's pretty hot, she's firey, and she could maybe kill me if she tried. I wish he had a tad more health, but what can you do?
    [/quote]

You mean Janina Gavankar? yes that works.
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    ive had the best success with Rey. maybe because i have 2 of her purple cards? ive also liked running with lando because hes deadly at range and fits my playstyle more. i like maul as well if im in a more aggressive streak. his leap attack is deadly as a combo starter when people dont know he is coming.

Pre order bonus? I found Rey's purples to be less effective than Kylo's. While both their cards were made to work alongside each other, Rey's just dont really work as well to me. You have to use Insight first, then Mind Control for the duration bonus. Kylo's is easy. Just Freeze, then Pull. If you have Harsh Pull, it'll even damage them, giving you a chance to finish them off with Frenzy. Or alternatively, just upgrade Frenzy to have more strikes. That's what I've got right now
  • Sheev.

Floating around and lighting people up will never get old.
    stevenomes wrote: »
    ive had the best success with Rey. maybe because i have 2 of her purple cards? ive also liked running with lando because hes deadly at range and fits my playstyle more. i like maul as well if im in a more aggressive streak. his leap attack is deadly as a combo starter when people dont know he is coming.

Pre order bonus? I found Rey's purples to be less effective than Kylo's. While both their cards were made to work alongside each other, Rey's just dont really work as well to me. You have to use Insight first, then Mind Control for the duration bonus. Kylo's is easy. Just Freeze, then Pull. If you have Harsh Pull, it'll even damage them, giving you a chance to finish them off with Frenzy. Or alternatively, just upgrade Frenzy to have more strikes. That's what I've got right now

yeah it was pre-order bonus i think. i did pretty well on heroes vs villians alternating between her and maul. hard to get the mind trick to proc everytime. i think they have to be not blocking? ive mainly gotten it when i hit them from behind with it.
  • I swapped her purple Mind trick card for her Damage ramp on dash attack. You can literally play storm-trooper bowling on Starkiller Base
  • stevenomes wrote: »
    stevenomes wrote: »

yeah it was pre-order bonus i think. i did pretty well on heroes vs villians alternating between her and maul. hard to get the mind trick to proc everytime. i think they have to be not blocking? ive mainly gotten it when i hit them from behind with it.

Like I said, they're meant to work in conjunction, but I haven't really gotten the hang of it. Force powers don't work when someone is blocking. Makes no sense other than game balance. The easiest way to get someone with Force powers in HvV, is to use them when they're attacking someone
  • Chewie and Bossk

But I like all of em except Iden who I vow to never use
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
  • MONEYPYR0
    1812 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Chewie and Bossk

Why do you dislike her? She's my main Villain, so I'm curious as to why you dislike her
    Chewie and Bossk

Why do you dislike her? She's my main Villain, so I'm curious as to why you dislike her

I think she feels very out of place in multiplayer
    Ponds main

Officer of The Knights of Gareth
    uruzea55jgr4.png
    Chewie and Bossk

Eh, I like her. Sure she's a new character for the game, but she's got a great gun, and fun abilities. Give her a try, she's pretty fun if you set her up well
  • I tried Iden in GA on Hoth and thought she wasn't very good.
  • I tried Iden in GA on Hoth and thought she wasn't very good.

shes good for grenade (secondary shot) spamming. I just find it hard to justify using her over Bossk, who is a much better spammer.
  • Palp and solo.
    Palp is my fav, doesn’t get a lot of love, but when you put heal on his chain lightning, magic starts to happen.
    Solo has awesome damage, and I can survive very well with him sticking back, surviving is something I find most lightside heroes struggle a lot with. His detonite charges are really clutch and one shot headshots are sick.
  • Palpatine is my favourite. Cool design, fun to play and if you use him right he is virtually impossible to kill (I only die when I make a mistake and over-extend). Heal on chain lightning card, lightning range and aura range are essential cards.

I love all the dark side heroes I think except Kylo. His design is cool AF but he hemorages health way too easy and is the only Lightsaber user that doesn’t have either a heal card or a dash you can escape with.

On the light side I really only like Rey and Han. Leia can be alright in the right situation. Lando is useless. Yoda gets wrecked if you get ambushed by a Sith. Luke’s problem is his force abilities push them away from him (and don’t 1-shot troopers) so you have to chase them down for a kill and often end up in dodgey positioning.

These opinions are based on GA though. HvV is a totally different meta.
  • Bossk and Leia with them in GA you can make great killstreaks

• so far

light side saber
    luke and rey
    light side blaster
    leia
    darkside saber
    kylo and vader
    darkside blaster
    boba fett
  • Darth Maul feels like the only villain worth his salt at the moment
  • bfloo
    14437 posts Member
    Saber hero Rey, Her fast hit hard and run style just suits me. I got stuck in a lobby 1 v 4 with her, went rambo, got a few kills with her, stole a point and swept the leader board. I expected to get 0 kills and stomped on.

Saber villain Vader, once I learned how heroes work he is just a beast.

Blaster hero Leia she is the only one I have any success with.

Blaster villain Iden She has the best hero emote. If you hear 'Hope will not save them!' every 6 seconds on X1, it is me :)
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• Any non-saber hero.
    I no longer use this account or anything Battlefront related as of 08/07/2018.
  • Iden for the dark side and Lando for the light side.
    "scnjbhsgchjth" - Death Trooper

• Light: lando and rey

Dark: bossk and khylo
  • bfloo wrote: »
    Saber hero Rey, Her fast hit hard and run style just suits me. I got stuck in a lobby 1 v 4 with her, went rambo, got a few kills with her, stole a point and swept the leader board. I expected to get 0 kills and stomped on.

Blaster villain Iden She has the best hero emote. If you hear 'Hope will not save them!' every 6 seconds on X1, it is me :)

WAIT A MINUTE I SAW YOU ON ENDOR YESTERDAY THEN
  • bfloo
    14437 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »

I think I did use her on Endor yesterday lol

h846398gb27k.png

• I’m one of those weirdos that likes using Iden in HvVs. Blasting away with secondary fire at groups of people smashing lightsabers together in tight groups.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • bfloo wrote: »

I was Bossk then got one shot by vanguard then I became Emperor Palpatine
  • bfloo
    14437 posts Member

I was Bossk then got one shot by vanguard then I became Emperor Palpatine

I was in that game, annoyed because my 'Avenge the Emperor' emote didn't work after I saw you

h846398gb27k.png

• Chewie and Bossk

Chewie and Bossk

Totally agree, she does feel out of place. I think I’ve used her once and she isn’t that great. Her intro line is super corny. “They have hope, we have me.” cringe.
    especially after what happened in the campaign it makes that line even worse
  • bfloo
    14437 posts Member
    Cad_Bane wrote: »
    Chewie and Bossk

Chewie and Bossk

Totally agree, she does feel out of place. I think I’ve used her once and she isn’t that great. Her intro line is super corny. “They have hope, we have me.” cringe.
    especially after what happened in the campaign it makes that line even worse

This is why we need TR-8R

h846398gb27k.png