criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Wall of text about cancelled crystal sales

Straywalker
1034 posts Member
edited November 2017
So "taking a deep breath of air"... How can a game company take away a major part of a gameplay and not do anything about the follow up consequence?

I mean, The Lootcrate system is silly, like many other things in this game, but the loot crate system is based on microtransitions. If you take the micro transitions away without doing anything about the lootcrate prices you're gonna get a grinding game. I know, I've been grinding everyday for the last week.

Grinding is sheiss. I stalk the Career pages after what challenge to do to get me more crafting parts.. often ending up playing in my "not-so-comfortable" zone. I can't find my statistics but I guess the grind has got me below a 0.2 K/D as a trooper. All I really want is to fly an Xwing in SA and wreck havoc. But here I have to grind in game modes like GA, Strike, HvsV - and discovered that they´re nothing at all like ground play in old faithful SWBF - more of this later

Ok, math:
To get my Fighter class up to all purples it costs 40 crafting parts to open a Starcard, upgrade it once its 80 crafting parts, twice it´s 120 and the third upgrade costs 480. there are 9 cards in total for the fighter class. So mathematics gives you a total value for the all purple fighter:
9x(40+80+120+480)=6480 crafting parts

Now, crafting parts only comes from challenges or the randomized Lootcrates. To collect 6480 crafting parts is quite a job with lots of credits and hours of play. and I mean A LOT! Take into consideration that there are 3 starfighter classes and 10 hero ships the total amount to get all of these to all purples are a whooping: 82420 crafting parts. (Yes, I know, some Star Cards can be found in the Lootcrates and help reducing the grind. BUT if I want to play as Dart Vader, Emperor, Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa, Chewbacca or Iden Versio? then you have to start grind your Credits because they too costs credits, a lot of credits (despite the recent pricecut) so, what to choose? Grind for a zillion hours to get Fighters up to snuff or use credits for heros? Why do I mention this? well, in SWBF I have everything, took me some 100+ hours

So all my credits goes to buying Lootcrates, but after a few Lootcrates I started to get "Duplicates", a lot of duplicates, yes, its nice to get payed some credits for the missed opportunity of getting a helpful star card, But when you pay 2400 credits, get 5 crafting parts, 100 credits and 3 duplicates with a 100-800 credits refund you actually lost all that time you've spent trying to fill your credit account. Its way past frustrating. Lootcrates are to random and to expensive - why? if we can't buy them with real money (which in the first places was a terrible, terrible idea) why not lower the price on Lootcrates? And besides that , why do we get so many duplicates?

Oh, I forgot, if you wanna grind your way to a trooper with all skills you actually have even more starcards to upgrade to purple per class... and also, the same goes for all the plethora of heros - which also will need upgraded starcards.

In SWBF I played the game for fun, I taught myself the different star fighters and the maps to get the edge over others. In SWBF, on the ground, same thing with maps and game flow, but I won weapons by challenges or experiences - not hoping for a starcard to appear in a loot crate (that actually might be filled with duplicate starboards you already own). I have 600+ hours in SWBF - SWBF II will not even be on my harddrive for that long if things not getting fixed in a good way in a very short time.

This SWBFII is silly
Playstation 4 fun :p Proud member of the 3PO community

Replies

• IronSoldier
    2729 posts SWBF Senior Moderator
    edited November 2017
    tl:dr of op = takes too long to earn dollar ingame and forced to grind on modes op doesn't like.

Changes are coming soon. You just need to be patient.
  • zLogen
    430 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Easy/quick fix would have been for Dice to do what they said in the first place, reward crafting parts for duplicates, yet here we are almost 2 weeks post launch and they have yet to have modified/patched/fixed this glaring issue, what ever happened to "changes and tweaking will be a constant" ... ?
  • 6480 assumes you want all purple cards. Screw that, if you want it then grind for it. Grinding increases the longevity of a game, like it or not. I quit destiny 2 within 4 weeks because I had everything unlocked, I for one like a grind.

When did the gaming community decide they want everything handed to them on a silver platter? Must be a millennial thing.

Choose wisely or grind for all of it. That’s my opinion anyway. Stop asking to have everything handed to you all at once.
  • 1_Rep_Max wrote: »
    6480 assumes you want all purple cards. Screw that, if you want it then grind for it. Grinding increases the longevity of a game, like it or not. I quit destiny 2 within 4 weeks because I had everything unlocked, I for one like a grind.

When did the gaming community decide they want everything handed to them on a silver platter? Must be a millennial thing.

Choose wisely or grind for all of it. That’s my opinion anyway. Stop asking to have everything handed to you all at once.

Couldn't agree more.
    A Clone Trooper walks into a bar and asks the barman, “Hey, have you seen my brother?”
    “I dunno,” says the barman, “What does he look like?”
  • If you thought credits and crystals are game currency. “The only real game currency” then you’re slightly mistaken, the real game currency is crafting points and you can only get crafting points by getting multiplayer awards and crates crates are the number one way to get crafting points crafting points upgrade your troopers and your heroes you have no none of those then you’re a trooper, hero, levels stay the same. IMO
  • Ok, seems I’m all alone on this one then.

Would have thought there were more players realizing that the Starcards do nothing befor blue and purple - in the present form, the pay-2-win has become «if you’re good, you’ll get even more advantage because you’re gonna get shitloads of credits and crystals to spend on lootcrates while the newbs, playing for fun and weekend warriors are there to be canonfodder..»

I still think it’s a silly system

• Oh, I wsn´t alone after all, even EA thought it was a silly system and changed it to the better.

Btw, 1_Rep_Max - I´m far off from a millenial, one of my kids is one, but the other two were born in the 90´s :wink:

RyanK88 - yes, so when you have done ll challenges that give you crafting points (which I have) the only way you can get crafting points is thrue the lootcrates - and how do you get lootcrates? Through credits and crystals - so I was not so mistaken after all, just logic.
  • Anderson1137
    182 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Ahhh EA does NOT use regular math - They apparently hired someone **** that took a bunch of COMMON CORE CLASSES - and HE IS THE ONE writing the progression and points systems.

WereAllDead
  • 1) Each hero and all other units Should be leveled up based off xp gained through play and not by the number and type of upgrade each card has.

2) Cards should be gained the same way swbf15 had us earn the cards by first reaching a certain level and then purchasing the card with credits. Each card can be upgraded by reaching higher xp levels within each card and they to can be purchased with credits.

3) Crafting parts should be used to mod the weapons only. Parts could all contribute a certain attribute and can be interchangeable. This way we could all come up with our own particular preferences.
  • ivam
    70 posts Member
    Your math is as flawed as everyone's on reddit. Why would you need more than 3 purple star cards? The ones you like most.
    6480 assumes you want all purple cards. Screw that, if you want it then grind for it. Grinding increases the longevity of a game, like it or not. I quit destiny 2 within 4 weeks because I had everything unlocked, I for one like a grind.

The more I think about it, the more I agree with this ... imagine if we played BF2 and we had everything unlocked within a month or two, that would be a bit boring.

Its nice to always have something to strive for, a reward for playing, even if its a little something. I hope this time next year the game is still fun and I'm still unlocking stuff. I don't play that often so I'm not talking millions of hours to unlock stuff, but still having something to achieve would be good.
  • my priorities right now is to get 3 set purples for my heavy, bomber, luke, and vader. That way I have one per class.
  • 461emsawti wrote: »
    1) Each hero and all other units Should be leveled up based off xp gained through play and not by the number and type of upgrade each card has.

2) Cards should be gained the same way swbf15 had us earn the cards by first reaching a certain level and then purchasing the card with credits. Each card can be upgraded by reaching higher xp levels within each card and they to can be purchased with credits.

3) Crafting parts should be used to mod the weapons only. Parts could all contribute a certain attribute and can be interchangeable. This way we could all come up with our own particular preferences.

Couldn´t agree more.. hear, hear! :)
    ivam wrote: »
    Your math is as flawed as everyone's on reddit. Why would you need more than 3 purple star cards? The ones you like most.

Because... you´d play differently on different maps? Donˋt you do that? Strategy should be a natural part of any PTFO´s toolbox

Ex: flying an AC-170 fighter on Kamino, you would like to have the aft gunturret doing his/her best with a purple defence card, but when in a T.I.E fighter you´d love the swap that card for a purple increased hull or a purple enemy requires longer time to lock-on card. Not to talk about the crippled Hero ship of Luke which definitly needs purple card to be as OP as the other heroships...

• Why would you even want all the cards at purple? Good chunl of the cards on each unit is useless or hopelessly outclassed by other cards.

Headshots reduce cooldown and give you a reload. You seriously gonna take that over quicker health regen or an upgraded grenade?

Grenade that only defuses explosives in the radius. Over preventing the enemy from firing or using abilities? Or buffing your teamates.

They dont expect you to unlock everything, just get the stuff you want and get other stuff later as it happens

I like a grind too. But most of the time it feels like you aren't making progress. That's the problem most people have. I made a thread last night showing how dumb the loot boxes are, I had five drops, four of which were common dupes, and then some crafting parts. Credits are basically worthless in the game, because it's just dupes, dupes, dupes. Those dupes give you a fraction of what you spent, so you can go spend more credits on more dupes.