criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube
Battle Point Event
Focused Feedback

Vehicles are starting to become toxic. Needs Fix!

2Next

Replies

  • Pandemeck
    120 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Aeternum wrote: »
    duvelsuper wrote: »
    Aeternum wrote: »

    I know that vehicles are a part of battlefront and are used in ground battles, but this cheesing is a whole new level. If players want to spend the WHOLE match on a vehicle, why not play SFA?

    Because you cant use a tank or AAT in SFA obviously...

    Well tell that to those players cheesing with starfighters on GA mode.

    Most people cheese it on Kashyyyk because it is not a popular map.
  • Tanks get a lot of points because they are played aggressively and get a lot of kills. I fail to see the issue.

    They're pretty easy to kill if you actually try shooting them. Ion-modified weapons and abilities are in the game for a reason y'know.
  • kespich wrote: »
    nt-242 w/ disruptor shot + good aim = tears

    Heavy with ion torpedo is even better. When I see folks acting like this in game I abandon the objectives and make it my mission to interrupt their ridiculousness. The ion torpedo one shots those guys from clear across the map. They give up after a few one shots kills usually. Even the AT-ST is easy to take out with super charged sentry + ion torpedo.

    That said, I don’t really let it bother me because they’re relatively easy to eliminate once someone starts acting like I twit. That said, I do get bothered when folks strafe the spawn points continuously and keep you from entering the fray. This has happened to me innumerable times when playing the empire on Mos Eisley. I can’t help but think the star fighters should have the same restrictions as the ground troops.

  • bfloo
    15824 posts Member
    Pandemeck wrote: »
    Aeternum wrote: »
    duvelsuper wrote: »
    Aeternum wrote: »

    I know that vehicles are a part of battlefront and are used in ground battles, but this cheesing is a whole new level. If players want to spend the WHOLE match on a vehicle, why not play SFA?

    Because you cant use a tank or AAT in SFA obviously...

    Well tell that to those players cheesing with starfighters on GA mode.

    Most people cheese it on Kashyyyk because it is not a popular map.

    Kashyyyk plays the best as far as getting to phase 3 goes.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • speeders die in like 2 hits why complain.
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    I think they should add a delay for getting the same reinforcement in the game, maybe 30 seconds or so. That way people can't get the same vehicle back-to-back, and other players will get the opportunity to farm AI ship kills until that problem is fixed :P
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Blazur wrote: »
    I think they should add a delay for getting the same reinforcement in the game, maybe 30 seconds or so. That way people can't get the same vehicle back-to-back, and other players will get the opportunity to farm AI ship kills until that problem is fixed :P

    100% agree with this.
  • bfloo
    15824 posts Member
    Blazur wrote: »
    I think they should add a delay for getting the same reinforcement in the game, maybe 30 seconds or so. That way people can't get the same vehicle back-to-back, and other players will get the opportunity to farm AI ship kills until that problem is fixed :P

    People will just sit on the selection screen.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

    Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

    h846398gb27k.png


  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    bfloo wrote: »
    People will just sit on the selection screen.

    Let 'em. If they want to spend their precious time waiting in respawn while vehicles get scooped up that's their prerogative. At least it gives other players a fair chance to use vehicles/ships.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • RedReVenge wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »
    lmao people still crying about LAAT when will you people get good and learn to play it is so easy to kill.

    @unit900000

    I am good ;]

    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzFY5GgifUCLQTRlRFlDZ2xUTHlKVVhibVJOSG5vSVVFUHVv

    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzFY5GgifUCLbVhZQUQ3akM0UDZxeVVBeVpGYWJlS05ieUJn

    The LAAT is fine on Kashyyyk and Naboo. The problem is on Kamino. The same player can get into a LAAT get a bunch of kills and repeat.

    How many of those kills were from Boosk?? I've been noticing a lot of the top players lately have been using Boosk. i haven't really tried him out yet so I dont know how good he is. Is it just elite nade spamming and high health?
  • 1_Rep_Max wrote: »
    kespich wrote: »
    nt-242 w/ disruptor shot + good aim = tears

    Heavy with ion torpedo is even better. When I see folks acting like this in game I abandon the objectives and make it my mission to interrupt their ridiculousness. The ion torpedo one shots those guys from clear across the map. They give up after a few one shots kills usually. Even the AT-ST is easy to take out with super charged sentry + ion torpedo.

    That said, I don’t really let it bother me because they’re relatively easy to eliminate once someone starts acting like I twit. That said, I do get bothered when folks strafe the spawn points continuously and keep you from entering the fray. This has happened to me innumerable times when playing the empire on Mos Eisley. I can’t help but think the star fighters should have the same restrictions as the ground troops.

    Don’t get me wrong, I WANT Starfighters in GA, but spawning infantry players need to be somehow protected from them.
  • 1_Rep_Max wrote: »
    kespich wrote: »
    nt-242 w/ disruptor shot + good aim = tears

    Heavy with ion torpedo is even better. When I see folks acting like this in game I abandon the objectives and make it my mission to interrupt their ridiculousness. The ion torpedo one shots those guys from clear across the map. They give up after a few one shots kills usually. Even the AT-ST is easy to take out with super charged sentry + ion torpedo.

    That said, I don’t really let it bother me because they’re relatively easy to eliminate once someone starts acting like I twit. That said, I do get bothered when folks strafe the spawn points continuously and keep you from entering the fray. This has happened to me innumerable times when playing the empire on Mos Eisley. I can’t help but think the star fighters should have the same restrictions as the ground troops.

    Don’t get me wrong, I WANT Starfighters in GA, but spawning infantry players need to be somehow protected from them.
    10 seconds of invincibility after spawn?
    "scnjbhsgchjth" - Death Trooper

  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I only have 2 issues with vehicles.

    1) Ship farming on certain GA maps. Reduce the reward for killing AI so players have an incentive to contributing to the outcome of the match, instead of selfishly farming for their own score.

    2) Rebel ships on Tatooine is a problem, for 3 reasons: The a-wing is vastly superior in turn radius and can outperform any tie, the imperials don't get access to an interceptor (only fighter and bomber), and ships can still be destroyed as they spawn in. All of these reasons make an otherwise amazing map frustrating to play as imperials.

    I don't find the ion torpedo that effective. They seldom hit and when they do it's minimal damage. Granted mine is only green, and with a coordinated effort from several players it might do a better job swatting away rebel ships.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • LAAT can be killed in like 6 shots from a sniper
  • Blazur wrote: »
    I only have 2 issues with vehicles.

    1) Ship farming on certain GA maps. Reduce the reward for killing AI so players have an incentive to contributing to the outcome of the match, instead of selfishly farming for their own score.

    2) Rebel ships on Tatooine is a problem, for 3 reasons: The a-wing is vastly superior in turn radius and can outperform any tie, the imperials don't get access to an interceptor (only fighter and bomber), and ships can still be destroyed as they spawn in. All of these reasons make an otherwise amazing map frustrating to play as imperials.

    I don't find the ion torpedo that effective. They seldom hit and when they do it's minimal damage. Granted mine is only green, and with a coordinated effort from several players it might do a better job swatting away rebel ships.

    I agree with the problem of availability of ships on Tatooine. Makes no sense to not have an interceptor. A-Wing has too much of an advantage.

    The ion torpedo should not be able to solo a ship. This was the issue with battlefield 4. A solo soldier on the ground was able to deny all access to the air. I do not believe troopers should be able to 1v1 a ship or any vehicle except maybe the scouts. But I do agree that the ion torpedo needs a slight buff.
  • Agreed with a lot of this.
    1.Fix the Battle points exploits.
    2.AT-AT AND LA-AT price up to at least 650.
    3.Air/ground Speeder price up to at least 450.
    4.Less point's when in vehicles same as you have with special characters (not as drastic please)
    5.LA-TT the ground car thing needs a buff OR 175 cost max as they are terrible.
    I'll just troll you if you act hard.
  • Agreed with a lot of this.
    1.Fix the Battle points exploits.
    2.AT-AT AND LA-AT price up to at least 650.
    3.Air/ground Speeder price up to at least 450.
    4.Less point's when in vehicles same as you have with special characters (not as drastic please)
    5.LA-TT the ground car thing needs a buff OR 175 cost max as they are terrible.

    Nobody would ever play vehicles then and they're pretty important for the attackers to have a chance on certain maps.

    Exploits aside, the system is working just fine as it is. Maybe I'd stop people spawning in as the same vehicle twice in a row but that's about it.
  • I cannot for my life get a kill with the LAAT. They’re super underpowered. It should be work how the AT-AT worked in 2015.
  • Corsairmh wrote: »
    1_Rep_Max wrote: »
    kespich wrote: »
    nt-242 w/ disruptor shot + good aim = tears

    Heavy with ion torpedo is even better. When I see folks acting like this in game I abandon the objectives and make it my mission to interrupt their ridiculousness. The ion torpedo one shots those guys from clear across the map. They give up after a few one shots kills usually. Even the AT-ST is easy to take out with super charged sentry + ion torpedo.

    That said, I don’t really let it bother me because they’re relatively easy to eliminate once someone starts acting like I twit. That said, I do get bothered when folks strafe the spawn points continuously and keep you from entering the fray. This has happened to me innumerable times when playing the empire on Mos Eisley. I can’t help but think the star fighters should have the same restrictions as the ground troops.

    Don’t get me wrong, I WANT Starfighters in GA, but spawning infantry players need to be somehow protected from them.
    10 seconds of invincibility after spawn?

    At least from air vehicles...
  • Blazur
    4468 posts Member
    I cannot for my life get a kill with the LAAT. They’re super underpowered. It should be work how the AT-AT worked in 2015.

    I've managed to vaporize several ground troopers in a matter of seconds, although only on Kamino. Scan the map until you see red dots, then activate the heat sink ability and do your best to track the dots. It's rediculously strong.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Billydoc wrote: »
    shredhead wrote: »
    Ion Torpedo anyone?

    this...& anti-vehicle turret
    do you even know that the heavy class has those things????

    I don't play Heavy. Assault and Officer.
  • RedReVenge
    1215 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    koprich wrote: »
    Vehicles are so easy to kill if your team actually shoots them. Stop crying.

    @koprich

    Do you have a PS4? Come play a game with me then ;]
  • sitht0r wrote: »
    It's not really "broken"...but I do see it as a potential issue.

    Really, end of the day none of it matters as the person at the top of the scoreboard isn't "getting" anything more than the person at the bottom.

    It's just a means to be a hero hog really.

    They do get more EXP, but not credits.
  • ambushbob wrote: »
    speeders die in like 2 hits why complain.

    You're gonna love the video i post tonight ;]
  • avjz79 wrote: »
    RedReVenge wrote: »
    unit900000 wrote: »
    lmao people still crying about LAAT when will you people get good and learn to play it is so easy to kill.

    @unit900000

    I am good ;]

    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzFY5GgifUCLQTRlRFlDZ2xUTHlKVVhibVJOSG5vSVVFUHVv

    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzFY5GgifUCLbVhZQUQ3akM0UDZxeVVBeVpGYWJlS05ieUJn

    The LAAT is fine on Kashyyyk and Naboo. The problem is on Kamino. The same player can get into a LAAT get a bunch of kills and repeat.

    How many of those kills were from Boosk?? I've been noticing a lot of the top players lately have been using Boosk. i haven't really tried him out yet so I dont know how good he is. Is it just elite nade spamming and high health?

    His ability to regenerate to full health is very useful, but his damage output is meh. Focus on using his dioxis and mines to clear rooms which will allow you to get past phase 2. I believe I had around 50 kills with Bossk.
  • I cannot for my life get a kill with the LAAT. They’re super underpowered. It should be work how the AT-AT worked in 2015.

    I'll post a video tonight showing how it works.
  • My Cr-2 set to ion does pretty good against some ground vehicles. A very nice battlepoint pick up for killing them as well.
  • kespich wrote: »
    i agree completely, i have no idea who was designing those mechanics.

    vehicles one hit roadkilling heroes is the most ridiculous thing in the game.

    Agreed. Vehicles should be limited in infantry centric games. Vehicle whores running over players is cheap, lame and tacky. It should be infantry vs infantry. Like on Tattooine, its impossoble to beat back AT-STs of the empire especially with a bad team. I know the Tattoine map is kind of like a delayed retreat and the point is to hold off the more powerful Empire to escape but it is so unbalanced.

    Keep modes separate. Vehciles vs Vehicles. Infantry vs Infantry with maybe some support vehicles. Getting a vehicle early and racking up kills and points ruins the game.

  • RedReVenge
    1215 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    kespich wrote: »
    i agree completely, i have no idea who was designing those mechanics.

    vehicles one hit roadkilling heroes is the most ridiculous thing in the game.

    Agreed. Vehicles should be limited in infantry centric games. Vehicle whores running over players is cheap, lame and tacky. It should be infantry vs infantry. Like on Tattooine, its impossoble to beat back AT-STs of the empire especially with a bad team. I know the Tattoine map is kind of like a delayed retreat and the point is to hold off the more powerful Empire to escape but it is so unbalanced.

    Keep modes separate. Vehciles vs Vehicles. Infantry vs Infantry with maybe some support vehicles. Getting a vehicle early and racking up kills and points ruins the game.

    This thread was made shortly after the game release.

    DICE addressed the issue in their previous patches.

    Vehicles are in a good place now.

    @EA_Tom can a Mod close this thread?
  • EA_Tom
    371 posts EA Community Manager
    RedReVenge wrote: »
    kespich wrote: »
    i agree completely, i have no idea who was designing those mechanics.

    vehicles one hit roadkilling heroes is the most ridiculous thing in the game.

    Agreed. Vehicles should be limited in infantry centric games. Vehicle whores running over players is cheap, lame and tacky. It should be infantry vs infantry. Like on Tattooine, its impossoble to beat back AT-STs of the empire especially with a bad team. I know the Tattoine map is kind of like a delayed retreat and the point is to hold off the more powerful Empire to escape but it is so unbalanced.

    Keep modes separate. Vehciles vs Vehicles. Infantry vs Infantry with maybe some support vehicles. Getting a vehicle early and racking up kills and points ruins the game.

    This thread was made shortly after the game release.

    DICE addressed the issue in their previous patches.

    Vehicles are in a good place now.

    @EA_Tom can a Mod close this thread?

    Will close it - thanks for the heads up.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!