criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Daily Crates! What is the point?

So I think I'm not alone who thinks that the daily log-in reward boxes are totally worthless and not even worth the 5sec to open them.

Even Free to Play games give daily login rewards with much more value.
5 scrap and 125 credits? On the top of that, if you are "lucky" enough to receive a 3rd card, you get only 75 credit. But this happens only 1x out of 10 cases.

I'm sure this isn't encouraging player to play the game every day. It would be worth to rethink this concept as well.

Replies

• Yeah they could use a rethink on daily crates. I've got less than 100 credits before. A cool alternative would be to have them give a random temporary epic star card for a couple hours.

Below is a list of tips to make effective use of credits and craft parts. Some things I wish I knew from the start.

1. You can get 100 credits 4 times a day by playing any arcade match.

2. Don't bother getting 3 stars on all of the presetup team battles, the reward isn't worth it so just do the 1st tier ones.

3. DO NOT use crafting parts to buy cards, save them all for upgrading, you will get plenty of cards from crates with in game credits.

4. The crate types are essentially meaningless. They all have a chance for two cards of that type (trooper, star fighter, hero) but most of the time you will get one and then the rest will be for other classes. So if you buy a hero crate you will most likely get trooper and starfighter cards. Hero crates are cheapest so I'd go with those.

5. Heroes and Villains is a good mode to get your overall level up, you will need to hit 25 to upgrade your cards to the max.

6. The arcade achievment rewards are very easy to get, so you can get a pretty good start if you do them all. Before you really throw yourself at PvP. Crafting parts, Crystals and regular credits. Some have special conditions so just read up on those and get them out of the way first. For the ones that require "win x matches of x with x character" you can earn them in the custom battles. The screenshot is how I set it up for those. It never takes more than 60 seconds, right around 40 mostly.

7. For the "get x kills as x class" it's even easier. Use those same settings in the screenshot but set the eliminations required to 999. That way you can knock them all out at once. There's no way to check your progress in the match so you can just set it to 250 and keep doing it over and over.

8. Your kills and achievments only count if you win the match or get killed, not if you exit manually.
  • Daily crates are a joke.
    Just like the lack of a server browser.
    Or lack of era/map control.
    Or the lack of an actual friends spawning system.
    Or no voip. Or quick emotes to make up for no voip.
    Or absolutely no crafting parts from duplicates.

The list goes on. Daily crates are just another example.
  • Dash
    11447 posts Member
    Nihil wrote: »
    So I think I'm not alone who thinks that the daily log-in reward boxes are totally worthless and not even worth the 5sec to open them.

Even Free to Play games give daily login rewards with much more value.
    5 scrap and 125 credits? On the top of that, if you are "lucky" enough to receive a 3rd card, you get only 75 credit. But this happens only 1x out of 10 cases.

I'm sure this isn't encouraging player to play the game every day. It would be worth to rethink this concept as well.

Keep an eye out for December 5th - 15th. That’s when everything should start trickling in for patches, customization, bug fixes, new earnings implementation and so on. Starting the 5th - 15th. Till then standby.
    Origin ID: "NWG_Dash"

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyUQ3FFqM-TQd-3xtZmHOGQ?view_as=subscriber
    Link to all my Guides here in Tips & Tricks: https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/113241/custom-class-hero-loadouts-builds-revisited-pt-2-6-14-2018#latest

"When you ask for trouble, you should not be surprised when it finds you". - Plo Koon
    rjy4wg9w86wa.gif

• Keep an eye out for December 5th - 15th. That’s when everything should start trickling in for patches, customization, bug fixes, new earnings implementation and so on. Starting the 5th - 15th. Till then standby.

Well that's good to know. thx
  • There is still plenty they can add to the game. Let's hope it all stays free.

25i4490.jpg
  • bfloo
    13731 posts Member
    I needed that last 5 credits for a card last night.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• They are just meant to be a little help. If it was too much then ppl who only play weekends would complain. Also, to put in perspective, I was 5 crafting parts short of being able to craft an epic yesterday... If I logged in once of more day to get the daily, I would have been golden. So they do help and add up over time
  • In NHL 18 they have a progressive daily login credit you get. Each consecutive day you log in you get more credits. Miss a day and it resets itself back to the minimum. It is capped after 7 days or something so you don’t get a crazy amount but it seems rewarding to continue logging in during it to get the max.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • I mostly open them with other loot crates.
  • at least 1000 points a day would be NICE!
    WereAllDead
  • bfloo wrote: »

Credits? You mean crafting parts? You can't craft a card with credits.
  • Its free and takes seconds. If you log in every day and grab it for a year, that's enough right there to boost several cards to purple, without even playing the game. It's like finding a nickel with a "free money" sign every single day in the same spot you are walking by every day and complaining it is there instead of just picking it up.
  • bfloo
    13731 posts Member
    valeri0706 wrote: »
    bfloo wrote: »

Credits? You mean crafting parts? You can't craft a card with credits.

I was on my 1st cup of coffee, yes, crafting parts.

h846398gb27k.png

• Hey its better than nothing! Even if it's just a few small things! Of course I've gotten credits and crafting parts mostly and only 1 uncommon and 1 common star cards. @Dash_Gaming thanks for the info like usual!
  • rollind24 wrote: »
    In NHL 18 they have a progressive daily login credit you get. Each consecutive day you log in you get more credits. Miss a day and it resets itself back to the minimum. It is capped after 7 days or something so you don’t get a crazy amount but it seems rewarding to continue logging in during it to get the max.

Exactly THIS! That was what I had also in my mind.
    Every other game has this kind of system. If you miss 1 day, the progress is reset. That would encourage you to at least take your time with the game once per day.

I understand that is "better than nothing". But it still isn't justifying the fact that just because something is free, it has also a value.
  • Blazur
    4460 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    It's something for nothing. Nobody should be complaining about free stuff.

When you add in the credits you can get from roughly 10 mins of arcade farming that's 600-700 credits you can get daily with minimal effort. You're looking at a hero crate every 3 days for about :30 of time from daily rewards.
    The greatest teacher, failure is.
  • Blazur wrote: »
    It's something for nothing. Nobody should be complaining about free stuff.

When you add in the credits you can get from roughly 10 mins of arcade farming that's 600-700 credits you can get daily with minimal effort. You're looking at a hero crate every 3 days for about :30 of time from daily rewards.

Also this, I offered up a suggestion EA uses in other games but it really doesn’t matter to me if it stays the same.
    #infantrylivesmatter
  • MWB33
    1348 posts Member
    You won't catch me complaining about free stuff.

Would I like more free stuff? Yeah, who wouldn't? But I'm fine with what we're getting since they don't have to give us anything at all.

125 credits & 5 crafting parts...nice!
    A common card that I don't have, 75 credits, & 5 CP,...even better!
    A duplicate common card turning into 200 credits, 75 credits, & 5 CP...slowly starting to become my favorite.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • We all told you it was a headless horseman. Carry on. giphy.gif
  • Halcyon wrote: »
    Daily crates are a joke.
    Just like the lack of a server browser.
    Or lack of era/map control.
    Or the lack of an actual friends spawning system.
    Or no voip. Or quick emotes to make up for no voip.
    Or absolutely no crafting parts from duplicates.

The list goes on. Daily crates are just another example.

You just saved me a buttload of typing.

Thank you.
  • Yup. They're pretty useless. All it would take is maybe a thousand credits and then they might be a bit better.
    PSN: DynamitePro26
  • I'm saving mine. Hopefully when they increase them (which I think they will, may even become a normal crate) it's a retro upgrade and I'll have 15+ to open.
  • I'm saving mine. Hopefully when they increase them (which I think they will, may even become a normal crate) it's a retro upgrade and I'll have 15+ to open.

They stack? I didn't think EA would be so....so...., I can't seem to form a positive statement about EA at this time. I will edit this later if I come up with something.
  • LOL the ppl wanting 1k credits daily from crates!
  • The point is to have a sense of pride and accomplishment
  • bfloo
    13731 posts Member
    Danxoln wrote: »
    The point is to have a sense of pride and accomplishment

lol

We should just end this thread now, no one is going to top that comment.

h846398gb27k.png

• MWB33
    1348 posts Member
    I'm saving mine. Hopefully when they increase them (which I think they will, may even become a normal crate) it's a retro upgrade and I'll have 15+ to open.

They stack? I didn't think EA would be so....so...., I can't seem to form a positive statement about EA at this time. I will edit this later if I come up with something.

I think they stack if you log in daily, but don't open. I haven't tested this yet. I know for a fact that you have to log in daily to get them. I didn't play for two days last week, logged in on day 3, and only had that day's crate.
    Yes, play! Yes, a gamer's strength flows from adjustment. But beware of the nerf side...not adapting your tactics, stubbornness, wanting the game catered to you; the nerf side of gaming are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a death & respawn. If once you start down the nerf path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did many an apprentice.
  • Versatti
    1714 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I think the problem is the denomination. As crazy as it sounds I actually believe if they increased the cost of everything and rewarded thousands instead of hundreds it wouldn’t be so bad.

400 credits = 4000 credits.

That extra 0 makes me feel better already lol!
  • MWB33 wrote: »

Would I like more free stuff? Yeah, who wouldn't? But I'm fine with what we're getting since they don't have to give us anything at all.

A duplicate common card turning into 200 credits, 75 credits, & 5 CP...slowly starting to become my favorite.

lool man.. thanks for the laugh :smiley:

• bfloo wrote: »

lol

We should just end this thread now, no one is going to top that comment.

Lol thanks
  • MWB33
    1348 posts Member
    ZeroAffex wrote: »
    MWB33 wrote: »

lool man.. thanks for the laugh :smiley:

Anytime! :D
  • JudgeLazar wrote: »
    There is still plenty they can add to the game. Let's hope it all stays free.

25i4490.jpg

At least there will be weekend challenges, hopefully a good credit payout too.

Mmhm. At 15 now, no sense in opening them if the reward is so miniscule. I'm also holding off of buying ANYTHING. I feel the market is going to shift to the buyers favor soon. If you jump the gun you'll be like those poor people who spent 60K on Vader or Luke.
  • MWB33
    1348 posts Member
    I'm saving mine. Hopefully when they increase them (which I think they will, may even become a normal crate) it's a retro upgrade and I'll have 15+ to open.

Mmhm. At 15 now, no sense in opening them if the reward is so miniscule. I'm also holding off of buying ANYTHING. I feel the market is going to shift to the buyers favor soon. If you jump the gun you'll be like those poor people who spent 60K on Vader or Luke.

Stacking because you are logging in daily and just not opening, correct?
  • Yes indeed.
  • Danxoln wrote: »

Lol. I love how EA gave us this line. It's probably the best thing they've done this whole time.

I just found out they stack too but you do need to login every day for them to appear. You just don’t open them yet in the hope they’ll be improved at the next update.
  • kjmotz wrote: »

Lol. I love how EA gave us this line. It's probably the best thing they've done this whole time.

Practically "let them eat cake".
  • kjmotz wrote: »

Practically "let them eat cake".

With the exception that one is true, the other is not.

Thanks EA, this will most likely be used as a meme for years to come.
  • 5 crafting points per day are completely useless. It takes 480 to upgrade a single card to epic, and 2200 credits for one hero crate, and at most I have gotten 50 per crate. So I am wasting all my credits on hero crates to upgrade them all, and currently only use the heroes that are available (I have only unlocked Leia).

My focus is to ensure I am making enough points per game to consistently be able to use heroes. I play with the available ones to get their milestones out of the way. Arcade is a good way to get used to using the heroes before you decide to spend 6-8k in game on either Lando, Han, or Rey, and deciding which to go with depends on the map and objectives. To ensure that I consistently get enough points, I typically main assault with epic grenade or launcher, epic bounty hunter, and rare improved scan dart. The map and attack/defense determines which trooper class I choose and the star cards I equip.

To me, it's worth spending all credits on hero crates before unlocking more heroes (I unlocked Leia because I really wanted her for certain maps). Personally, I would rather use a level 14 Boba over a level 0 Vader. Of course, I will unlock all the other heroes eventually. For now, however, playing with the available heroes and making sure I consistently am able to get them gives me the experience and insight to know who I want to unlock and use on what map, whilst chipping away at their milestones before diving into the locked heroes.

Just my 2 pennies