criterion-sm dice-lg ea-starwars-lg instagram lucasfilm-lg motive-lg twitch you-tube

Grenades, grenades, grenades, grenades, grenades, grenades

Something must be done about the grenades. Nerf them or completly rework. They ruin the game. There is no fluid battle it's just a grenade spam at choke points. Move tactically go from cover to cover, grenade boom dead. Respawn run boom grenade dead, even with 20% damage reduction card. And if you don't die from a grenade it will blind you or make you slower then you get shot and die. Horrible.

Replies

• I've only noticed it becoming a problem this past week on specific maps. theed choke points are okay because there's other routes to take. but some GA maps there's only one place to enter and if a whole team focuses nades in that area it's dam near impossible to get in.

in reading your rant tho, I've now decided to craft disruption and the defuser, whether it works or not I'm sure the developers intended this to be the counter
  • People don't understand, sometimes you just gotta do a human wave banzai charge. Get the team together and just run through that door spraying blaster fire everywhere. People are too concerned with trying to get those 1337 KDRs instead of working together. This game really needs VOIP or some more effective way to communicate. I can't even tell you how many times my buddy and I have turned an entire match around simply because we could coordinate and watch each others backs. I can't think of one time I saw a bunch of Rando Calrissians actually work together effectively. Every one just runs off immediately when they spawn and do their own thing
  • lkisoo
    20 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    and it's not just the choke points it's overall. a grenade should be a tactical tool. not a one hit kill without aim on cooldown. you see an enemy throw grenade insta kill... it's just ennoying. grenades shouldn be a skill with cd, instead a class should have only one grenade so you have to use them wisely.

atm most of the time i'm jumping around to avoid grenades.
  • JudgeLazar wrote: »
    People don't understand, sometimes you just gotta do a human wave banzai charge. Get the team together and just run through that door spraying blaster fire everywhere. People are too concerned with trying to get those 1337 KDRs instead of working together. This game really needs VOIP or some more effective way to communicate. I can't even tell you how many times my buddy and I have turned an entire match around simply because we could coordinate and watch each others backs. I can't think of one time I saw a bunch of Rando Calrissians actually work together effectively. Every one just runs off immediately when they spawn and do their own thing

^^^^^
    A million times this.
  • I just want them to do something about people dancing. It looks so dumb and is a cheap tactic. Strafe needs to be slower or you need to suffer a huge accuracy penalty while strafing.
  • bfloo
    17674 posts Member
    CoD, at least the older ones, were better in regard to grenades because once you used it, you didn't get any more until you died.

I don't know how it works now on CoD, I lost interest once they got futuristic and people started running across walls.
    The Knights of Gareth are Eternal

Pirate of the Knights of Gareth

h846398gb27k.png

• grenades are too powerfull to be a skill with cool down. in my opinion you should have only one grenade per life or dmg should be decreased by 50% so you use the nades to push not for a random insta kill.
  • choke points are death traps, just don't stay there
  • 1 per life replenish on death.
  • lkisoo wrote: »
    instead a class should have only one grenade so you have to use them wisely.

This is not CoD.
  • WoW Now people complain on the fact there are grenades on choke points. LOL

Learn to flank choke points...
  • Grenading a choke point is bad? What?

I think grenade cooldowns should persist through death and not reset upon respawn.
  • lkisoo wrote: »
    instead a class should have only one grenade so you have to use them wisely.

This is not CoD.

ye. true. i know. it's star wars battlefront 2. you try to say what?

WoW Now people complain on the fact there are grenades on choke points. LOL

Learn to flank choke points...

we play the same game?
    JangoD00D wrote: »
    Grenading a choke point is bad? What?

I think grenade cooldowns should persist through death and not reset upon respawn.

nice troll ;)
  • The flash grenades are the worst. The flash grenade should not blind out your screen for that long. It should only flash you for a couple of seconds and not 6-8 seconds.
  • I've only noticed it becoming a problem this past week on specific maps. theed choke points are okay because there's other routes to take. but some GA maps there's only one place to enter and if a whole team focuses nades in that area it's dam near impossible to get in.

in reading your rant tho, I've now decided to craft disruption and the defuser, whether it works or not I'm sure the developers intended this to be the counter

I agree. I think this becomes the main issue because on many maps there is only one way out. It can get really frustrating in strike when the whole team just camps the one way out with everything they have.

One of my biggest complaints is just the one way out thing and the fact that you get warned you're going out of the map when you try to run around and flank a team. That too makes it tough to get through those choke points.

I'm okay with the grenades as they are though. I mean, you need something to offset all the shield using, super-charged sentry heavy spam going on and grenades are one of the options.
  • Spamming one word in your title is a click bait and spamming and is not allowed.

A simple thread title will get attention better then the above. Feel free to recreate this in a constructive manner.

Closed.
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator, EA Star Wars Battlefront Forums Senior Moderator and EA Answers HQ Hero.

Check out the forum rules & guidelines
This discussion has been closed.